Umbrella Academy // Number Fi...

By graceisok

Y/N Hargreeves was one of the 43 babies all mysteriously born on the same day. She is known as Number 8 to th... More

Before Reading
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (Part One)
Chapter 15 (Part Two)
Chapter 16 (Part 3)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals
hey guys <3

Chapter 11

15K 340 277
By graceisok

Y/N POV

"So, I'm not your sister?" I asked in shock.

 This is insane. What's the Commission? How did they find me? How does Dad know them? Am I really not even closely related to the people I thought were my family? What's going on? Is this a dream? Am I hallucinating from being in the apocalypse so long? Did I actually just kiss Five? It was really amazing- Y/N not the time! I'M FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!!

"No, your're not. None of us are your siblings," he replied, a look of guilt on his face. Why does he feel guilty. I'm glad he told me. I don't want to live my life based on a lie.

I just sat there, staring off into space, trying to process the last five minutes of my life.

"Why wouldn't he tell me." I said finally.

He sighed. "We all know Dad was really secretive. I just didn't know it would go this far. No one know it would go this far."

"What's the Commission?" I asked, my face expressionless. 

"I don't know," he said, eyebrows furrowed, "I looked through as many files as I could find and I didn't find a single thing about the 'Commission." 

"Well, the Commission doesn't sound like the name of a person, so how did they get me?"

"No telling," he replied.

We sat there and didn't even speak. Trying to understand this. Trying to understand everything.

"I'm so so sorry." Five stated. This took me aback. Why was he sorry? He's not the one who lied to me my whole life.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked, my face perplexed.

"It's just, this has got to be the most heartbreaking thing you ever heard."

"Well it's definitely not the best news I've gotten but, I'm glad you said something. I'm glad I don't have to go any longer believing something that isn't true."

"Yeah," he paused and looked down grinning, "We've been through so much crap haven't we?"

I thought for a moment and laughed. "Yeah, we really have."

_______

Vanya POV (few months later)

It's been roughly six months now that they've been gone. Have we found anything? Anything to even come close to finding them?....Nope.

Whenever Klaus told me he knew Five and Y/N were alive, I found more hope again. But, it seems impossible to find them. I haven't lost full hope. I never will. But I'm starting to realize, they're not coming back. Even if they're still alive.

I've come to these conclusions. Firstly, maybe they don't want to come back. As much as it breaks my heart to think this, it could still be true. I mean when Five left, he seemed angry. And Y/N has always been angry at Dad. So I could see why she would want to leave. All of us have been angry at Dad. For treating us like employees more than his children. They seemed to have been the only one out of all of us that had the guts to break out of this prison we called a home. But why would they just leave. They just left us. All of us. I knew this theory had to be untrue. I hoped it was untrue. Y/N isn't the type of person to just leave her loved ones behind. She was such a caring person. Five wouldn't leave us behind either. 

My second theory is the one I hoped was true. Maybe they left, but can't get back. Maybe they were just wanting to get out of the house for a little bit. I don't blame them. But they could have gotten kidnapped, held hostage, something like that. This one seemed to be the most realistic, knowing the two of them. 

I lay awake at night with thoughts flooding my head. I can't help about thinking of them or where they are. I so badly want to find them, but I don't know how.

It's been about half a year since they disappeared. Klaus and I tried to find them but after two months, we gave up. We just weren't making any progress. 

Eventually, the household was going back to normal. Well kinda. It was understandable since we weren't allowed to speak about the situation. There was less tension at the dinner table. Everyone was a bit happier. I wasn't, though I tried to act like it. It was kind of nice that there wasn't so much sorrow filling the house, but I was upset that everyone was forgetting what happened. But, I realized that you can't hang onto the past and I understood everyone's longing for thing to go back to normal. Klaus didn't stay locked up in his room as much, nor did I. And him and Ben eventually made up. Well, they didn't formally make up. Klaus just wasn't cold to Ben anymore, which was nice.

I wanted to tell Klaus about these possibilities I thought of. I didn't know if it would help any, but it was worth a shot. But at the same time, I didn't want to bring up the situation to him. He was just starting to get over being so sad all the time. But, I felt like I needed to.

I sat down my violin, and walked out of my room. As I got to Klaus's room, he opened the door right as my fist was about to hit it. He probably knew I was coming since the floor creaked when my foot stepped on a weak spot.

"Hi, Vanya," he said smiling. "What do you need?"

I took a deep breath. I really felt guilty about doing this. "I know it's kinda bad to bring it up," his face fell at those words. I could tell he knew what I was talking about. "but, I have ideas about what happened to them." 

_______

Five POV

Even though she was trying to play it off like she wasn't bothered, I could tell she was hurt and upset. I mean, how could she not. She went her whole life thinking she was part of our family, but she was never even adopted. And the worst part is that, we don't even know what happened really. What's this Commission thing? I had so many questions. She probably had many more.

There is one good thing about this though. I can now express how I really feel towards her. I wasn't going to tell her this though. Not now at least. But I had always liked her. Even though she wasn't my sister by blood, we still were adopted siblings. Or so we thought. Now, I don't have to worry about my feelings. It's nice.

She hadn't talked much for the rest of the day. She tried to look somewhat content, but it seemed really forced.

"Y/N?" I asked while she sat and stared in the direction of the academy.

"Yes?" She asked, not turning around. Her back was still facing me.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, of course. It's not a surprise really. Dad kept so many secrets." Her voice was really shaky. She was trying to sound normal, but it was almost like I could here the sadness.

"Y/N," I grabbed her arm and turned her face towards me. I had never seen her like this. Her face was red from crying. Her face was wet from all the tears. I had seen her cry many times, but the only time she cried this much is when we saw our dead siblings. Well, my dead siblings.

She covered her face in embarrassment. "Sorry," she exclaimed. "I've cried so much recently, it must get annoying."

She had every reason to cry. She was living a lie her whole life. She went around thinking she was really related to is in some way.

I wrapped her in a hug, my hand against the back of her head. She cried into my shoulder and I could feel the tears soaking through my tattered uniform.

"Don't say sorry," I said embracing her tightly. "I can't imagine how hurt you are."

She didn't say anything. She just continued to cry. We sat like this for a while. She eventually pulled away and looked up at me.

"Thank you." She said, smiling slightly.

"For what?" I asked.

"For always being there."

I smiled and kissed the top of her forehead. But when I pulled away, she kissed me. I was surprised at first, but then relaxed.

"At least we can now do that." She said with a smile. I chuckled and hugged her again.

For the rest of the night, we talked more. But we didn't talk about the adoption situation, or the Academy, or any of the others.

I could definitely tell that she felt better. Still upset, but better.

Ahhhh I can finally write kiss scenes!! Yay!!! So, I'm sorry for being gone for a long time. I hate using this excuse over and over again but, I was busy. And also sorry if this chapter kind sucked. Idk, I just have a feeling that it wasn't that good. I promise to not write that many crying scenes anymore because in my opinion, they're getting annoying.

New chapter coming whenever I feel like it😋!!!! Love you guys❤❤❤

Question

Favorite hobby???

As you guys saw in chapter seven, I like to draw and paint. I'm a big fan of "the arts" in general. I like to write (obviously😁), play and make music (I play ukulele, piano, and a little guitar), and other stuff. The only sports I've really done are basketball, gymnastics, and track. But I'm a little lazy when it comes to physical activity.

Comment your answers!!!!

Bye!!!❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 8.6K 38
Before the umbrella academy, hargreeves simply tried to put powers into one's body. To twist the DNA in such a way that they would have abilities. Th...
151K 5.3K 27
"How did you do that!?" - "I think it's pretty clear it's because I'm freaking magic!" On the first of October, 1989, 43 women around the world gave...
67.8K 1.1K 14
On one day in 1989, 43 infants are inexplicably born to random, unconnected women who showed no signs of pregnancy the day before. Eight are adopted...
73.9K 1.7K 20
(Y/N) Hargreeves. The ability to control any type of water and blood. She is number 8 in the Umbrella Academy. The Suffocation. She's always been clo...