𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 ― u. sasuke...

By _hatake

➣ SYNOPSIS Ever since the first day they met, both of them found themselves falling into feelings they didn't... More

0 (Intro) ➣ Prologue
1 ➣ Academy Life
2 ➣ Ninja Training?
3 ➣ Helping You
4 ➣ Growing Up
5 ➣ Tumbling Down
6 ➣ Whisking Through Time
7 ➣ By Your Side
8 ➣ Reluctant Goodbyes
9 ➣ Where Are You?
10 ➣ Serenity

11 (Epilogue) ➣ I Know

3.7K 174 85
By _hatake

"I'm unable to wait for the feelings to pile up."

S T A R T

Adorning a blue sash over his head, a beige cloak, and a new hairstyle, Sasuke walked through the village of Konoha. It was a crisp, foggy morning. The sun peeked through the clouds and did in fact clear the minimal morning fog.

Minutes ticked away, the streets of Konohagakure becoming louder and livelier with each passing moment.

The Uchiha had returned from his journey. Though, he would embark on another soon enough. He teleported to the top of the Hokage statues.

When Naruto knew he was back, there would definitely be a ruckus. But, he looked forward to seeing his blonde-haired friend again.

The pinkette that he wasn't sure if she was still head over heels for him was somewhere here, maybe she finally settled down?

He sighed. Familiar cerise hues and a gentle smile clouding his mind.

Sanae, he thought, looking down at the village.

Where are you?

::
: Years Later :

A familiar female strode through the village gates, she wore a cloak that covered her entire body. The bottom half of her face was covered by a mask, something she'd picked up from someone she met along the way.

Sanae made haste on her way to the Hokage's office. It'd been years since she'd seen the village she grew up in. She put on her list to visit her parents, who she spoke to frequently via air mail.

Arriving at the gates of the Hokage building, she looked up. Sanae exhaled slowly.

Better late than never.

::

"N-Nae-chan?" A shocked Naruto gaped. He took in her features. They were all in their thirties now, but Sanae still looked as young as ever.

Made him wonder what her secret was.

"Hey, Hokage-sama," She winked, throwing him a peace sign along with a goofy smile.

The blonde stood up, walking out from behind his desk with open arms. "Been a while, dattebayo!" Sanae hugged him, grinning.

"It really has."

He stepped away, holding a slightly forced smile — clearly hiding something. But really, he had news he wasn't excited to share. "How've you been?"

Sanae balanced on the heels of her feet. "Tired. But very satisfied and happy with what I've dedicated most of my energy to. You?"

::

Sitting atop the Fifth's statue, Sanae leaned back on her arms and let the wind run through her hair. It was a warm, pretty day. None of her friends knew she was back and she preferred to keep it that way. She would leave at dawn, anyway.

As the sun began to set, the female was hit with a heavy slap of nostalgia. The way the warm, sunset rays landed on the village brought back memories.

"Sanae-chan!" Sasuke called. "Check this out!"

Closing her eyes, she smiled reminiscently, still remembering the sound of his voice from when they were merely six. Then she remembered her conversation earlier in the day with Naruto.

"Ya know..." Naruto averted his gaze from hers. "Sasuke's married now."

It hurt a lot less than she expected, which made it easy for her to smile. "Let me guess... Sakura?"

He nodded.

She smiled. "That makes me happy."

"Sanae?" Just from the smooth, yet rough voice... the way her name was said; she knew who it was.

Not turning around, she replied. "Hey."

A shuffling sound of footsteps made their way to her. From the corner of her eye, Sanae could make out the dark attire, tresses, and pale skin. She sighed, having a feeling that this wasn't going to go well.

"You sigh as if you're troubled by my presence." Sasuke muttered, his onyx orbs gazing at her under the moonlight. It was wrong for him to think the way he was thinking about her at the moment, but he couldn't help it.

Asa Sanae was still as beautiful as he remembered her to be.

Sure, she aged — they all did, but she was still radiant, the serene aura that enveloped her still the same. The Uchiha took in her appearance, her hair was cut to her shoulders, and her bangs had grown out.

Feeling the need to start a conversation, he spoke. "Where were you all these years? I tried to find you, but it was like you disappeared completely."

Closing her eyes and leaning back, she replied. "I guess I did... I was sailing around the world with a friend I made along the way. She knows Kakashi-san, actually."

He raised an eyebrow. "I don't get it."

Sanae giggled quietly. Sasuke cursed at the funny feeling that housed in his stomach. He believed they were called butterflies.

"I left the Shinobi Lands," The breeze ruffled their hair and clothing — it was getting chilly.

"— It would be impossible if you found me. I crossed the world."

His gaze downcast, stuck on how to reply. He was married now, with a child... it was terrible for the feelings he pent up to be finally releasing.

Sasuke was didn't know what to say and Sanae knew it. She cracked a sad smile. Turned out, her own feelings were making their escape, too.

"We shouldn't do this," Sanae whispered. "I can't take it."

"I know," Sasuke muttered, standing up. "I can't either."

The female turned to face him... one last time. The way her cerise orbs sparkled under the light of the moon wasn't good for his health.

"I'm so sorry."

"Tsk..." He turned away. "I should be the one apologizing, not you. Never you."

His cape flew behind him as he walked away. Sanae has the temptation to reach out, but kept it all to herself.

They couldn't go on, even as friends. Her serene nature and his destructive, dominant nature would never mix.

He broke her first, but in they end, they broke each other... in that moment, dissolving their resolves. They could lie all they want, but everybody still knew;

They were still in love.

E N D O F S E R E N I T Y

And time to roll the credits!

Uchiha Sasuke as Uchiha Sasuke.
Ayano Keiko as Asa Sanae.
_hatake... The Author!

All gifs do not belong to me. Characters do not belong to me either [besides Asa Sanae, she's mine. I just used Keiko as her actor ;)]

This journey was a short and rushed one, but I truly am thankful for all the support on Serenity ): <3 I'm planning on changing the summary because it doesn't really make sense with the story..?

Please vote and give me your feedback!

Thank you so, so much, once again.

Stay hydrated and healthy! Until next time~

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 10.3K 50
The state of ones mind can sometimes be the defining point of how others might view them and interact. A girl who has been left alone, suffering from...
4.3K 468 20
Death. It follows every ninja on the battlefield. So how do you deal with it? It's nearly impossible, really. All those emotions can make a person go...
7.8K 445 14
What the title says. Don't question, my mental health is the opposite of what normal is supposed to be.
1K 31 8
Changing my Path. A story which Captain Marvelous (gokai red) , has a sister. This book was made as a joke and mas supposed to be a book about Joe...