To Be a Hero (Boku no Hero Ac...

Carnameo

|BNHA x reader| Slight Pokemon x BNHA crossover| In a world filled with super-powered people, where the pheno... Еще

Disclaimer and Warning
❦ Zero
❦ One
❦ Two
❦ Three
❦ Four
❦ Five
❦ Six
❦ Seven
Halloween Special
❦ Eight
❦ Nine
❦ Ten
❦ Eleven
❦ Twelve
❦ Thirteen
Christmas Special (1)
Christmas Special (2)
❦ Fourteen
❦ Fifteen
❦ Sixteen
❦ Seventeen
❦ Eighteen
[QnA]
❦ Nineteen
❦ Twenty
❦ Twenty Two
❦ Twenty Three
❦ Twenty Four
❦ Twenty Five
❦ Twenty six
❦ Twenty Seven
❦ Twenty Eight
❦ Twenty Nine
❦ Thirty
❦ Thirty One
❦ Thirty Two
❦ Thirty Three
❦ Thirty Four
❦ Thirty Five
❦ Thirty Six
❦ Thirty Seven
❦ Thirty Eight
❦ Thirty Nine
❦ Forty
❦ Forty One
❦ Forty Two
❦ Forty Three
❦ Forty Four

❦ Twenty One

11.9K 475 485
Carnameo

The little coffee shop you sat at was a rather cute one. The ambiance was filled with calm chatter, and the tinkering of spoons lightly hitting cups, as you could hear soft Jazz music floating in the air, perfect to sway with no intentions to dance.

The smell of coffee was strong, but not terribly so. It filled you with lightness, a not so familiar smell to your daily routine, as you were fascinated by the décor, with healthy potted plants hung with purpose around the tiny shop. It was truly not surprising to find the shop to be rather popular, as a few people were lined up by the counter in hoping to buy a drink before scurrying away.

Your hands were folded on your lap, eyes kept on a slice of cake just sitting on the table. The colorful patterned cake was truly a sight, for its vibrant choice of colors was rather easy on the eyes. It was dressed by a layer of whipped cream, seemingly floating like a cloud, as varied of fruits were placed on top, like a crown befitting for a king. It shouldn't be a surprise if you would easily cut the cake with the fork easily, slipping past with ease like a novelist's pen dancing across the paper. The melodiousness dessert wafted in a sweet-smelling taste, practically flirting with you, like an expensive perfume bottle that left boys reeling for more. Your mouth watered-

"...Ahem?"

You blink out of your daze, before realizing your surroundings with a sweat.

Oh that's right, your sister sat across from you, hands folded across her chest as she eyed you up.

Suddenly like a crash, everything came back to you, as you reeled back uncomfortably. Perhaps it was a good idea your eyes were on the cake because you did not want to meet your sibling's gaze, that was burning a hole right through your skull.

Her polished fingers tapped on the table-top impatiently, obviously waiting for a response, or perhaps a question from you, before you heard her scoffed a sigh at your silence, picking up her coffee primly to take a sip.

You took this chance to get a good look at her.

Your elder sister was truly beautiful. She sat elegantly on the chair, so much that it made the chair inferior in her presence. Her luscious hair had become longer than you remembered, perhaps reaching her back as it flowed down with ease. She was dressed well, not surprising as she always tried to present herself well to the public, as she sat with her legs crossed over the other sophisticatedly. If you didn't know this was your sister, you would assume you were meeting a well-known designer. Her narrowed eyes were a feature that stuck out the most, flitting carefully around the coffee shop. It reminded you much like a feline, carefully keeping watch of her surroundings.

You always did find your sister beautiful, even when you were younger. She always seemed to hold herself well, always so sure of things, and seemingly always ready to take everything. But the lady never smiled, appearing like a rock at times, always dressed in a frown, if the lines on her forehead weren't enough of an indication. You wondered what it would be like to see her smile.

You haven't seen her since her wedding day, her being 20 years old before she exchanged her vows, so you took in the sight of her. You wondered briefly if everything was going well in her life, and questioned why she didn't contact you any time after the ceremony. Not that it's anything new, for she practically hated your guts, always glaring at you when you were walking past her when you visited your father's home.

She kind of looked tired now that you took a better look. Her eyes were rounded by dark circles, almost in some sort of sadness, or perhaps fear hidden in her eyes. Her body was hunched back, and it was now apparent in your eyes that your sister was aging. She was looking much older than you remembered, 6 long years since you've so much gotten a good look at her, as her wrinkles began becoming more apparent.

Meowth would be on your lap, but you wanted to be at least a bit alone with your sister, so you moved him to the bag once more. Both the cat and the mouse were poking their heads out, staring at your sister warily. She noticed of course, as another scoffed past her.

"So I see you still have them." Her elegant voice almost made you jump, as you fumbled with your words, the huge contrast in confidence between you two was amusing to her, as the emotion danced in her eyes.

"A-Ah yes, of course." You moved your gaze to your own drink, wanting to take a sip before your sister continued.

"I saw the news this morning, I'm kind of surprised." She shrugged her shoulder nonchalantly as she leaned back "After all this time, it was announced to the public, even after all your hard work to keep it hidden." She leaned a bit closer with a small smirk, "Must be disappointing for you."

You bit the inside of your cheek, finding the remark rather teasing, insulting even. It almost seemed she found the situation funny, and it made you a tad bit upset, as your face removed all nervousness. You stared at her with a frown, eyes narrowing slightly. "What is it do you want Masami-nee-san?"

She clicked her tongue, slightly fazed by your firm tone, "No need to be so upset." She replied to your obviously hostile question, moving her gaze away from your upset feature for a second, as silence followed. Though you both were sisters, there was a stark difference in your features. While your hair was white, she held a soft chocolate one. Your overall personalities weren't quite similar, and you both grew up differently due to different environments. You had stayed with your mom here in Deika, while she lived with your fathers. The only similarity you both held were your eyes.

She sighed, before she fished out something from her handbag, throwing a letter your way. You flimsily grabbed it, staring at it in confusion before she was fixing up herself to leave.

"Whatever, you being here saves me all the trouble." She replied, her frown deepening, "Give that to mom will you?" She was fishing out her wallet now before you asked in confusion, your previous anger put away for a second.

"That's it...?" You murmured slightly, confused as you hadn't even begun chatting. You asked, "Why don't you just give this to mom yourself?"

The older lady sighed, frustrated with your question. She obviously didn't want to answer, about to stand up to walk away before you reached over, holding her by the wrist. This surprised her, as she locked eyes with your narrowed ones.

"Don't just walk away, I haven't seen you in years and you just want me to be your delivery girl?" You had never talked to her like that before. Always just letting her be, and doing what she wants. But you were frustrated at her actions; sure she hadn't changed much, but you would at least know how she was doing before, like far acquaintances or relatives. Now you had become nothing more than strangers.

She pulled her hand away from your grasp, her eyes narrowed further as if daring you to do the same stunt again. You didn't give in either, as she finally settled in her seat with a glare.

"I'm sort of busy dear sister." She mocked the last note with a roll of her eyes before she pointed at the letter in your grasp. "That's just a goodbye letter."

You furrowed your brows at that, "Your leaving." You stated firmly, as the elegant woman crossed her arms.

"I have a flight to South Korea in a few hours, I decided I wanted to live there." She swiped back her hair and blandly said as if that wasn't huge news to bomb at you.

"Does father know?" You questioned with an expecting gaze, as a chuckle left her.

"You know we don't talk anymore. Not since my marriage." There it was again, that tinge of fear crossing her feature. You felt the slightest bit sad at her reaction, what happened? Noticing your reaction, your sister was able to create an almost offended look.

She scoffed, "Don't look at me like that." She went to finally walk away, attempting to end the conversation. "Just pack the cake and go already." She fixed up her bag over her shoulders, not looking at you.

"Wait." As much as your relationship was a strain, there was obviously something bothering her. A question flew crossed your mind as you asked with worry, "What about your husband? You didn't even say how you're doing with him." You assumed the worst about the man when you noticed the fear in her eyes.

After all, she was in an arranged marriage with said man.

Her form grew rigid at your question, and your assumption was brought to light. If this was the case, you could understand her thoughts on moving, but you were surprised by the empty look she gave you.

"...He's dead." Eyes widen, you met your sister's utter dead-fish look. She didn't look particularly sad, but there was the fear again hidden underneath her eyes once more.

You in your shock could only take a step back in surprise, "W-What?"

She clenched her hand on her shirt, on her midriff, before she swiped her hand forwards towards you. You flinched as her hand was clenched tightly on your shoulder, as she yelled with crazed eyes, her anger much different than the glares you were so acquainted too.

"My husband is dead!" the loud voice garnered attention from others, and the shop became mute. Your sister was giving you a sort of frightened look, and she didn't care about her surroundings anymore. "And this wouldn't have happened if it weren't for that curs-!"

Stopping in mid-sentence, Masami closed her mouth tightly, glaring at the floor as she clenched harder on your shoulder. You winced at the pain, but you still gazed at her forward, curious on what she was going to say, "For...?"

"Nothing." Her voice went back to a leveled tone, but she was agitated already, as her glare was piercing yours once more. "I'm not here to tell my life story, I'm just here to say goodbye."

She firmly said, as she finally pulled back, but there was still that intangible anger in her eyes. "Stop asking me all these questions. I'm not entitled to tell you any of these, your nothing more than someone with the same blood as I." You frowned, but she continued with spite, "You'll never understand me, and I intend on keeping it that way."

She clutched the straps of her bags tightly, her eyes had nothing but dislike, as you felt hurt at her response, your heart clenching tightly at her words. Before she walked away, she seemed to be contemplating whether she should say anything else. Her authoritative voice echoing, but her voice had reverted to the same flat tone.

"...Take care of mom." You bit your lip at her comment, but nodded anyway, as she finally walked off. And this time perhaps for good, as you'll most likely won't meet her ever again.

You sighed, eyes down-casted in hurt. There was no time to be feeling bad, you just gotta pack up the cakes and head towards the hospital, cause you didn't want to stay here any longer.

~•~•~

"Your sister sure is as arrogant as ever," Meowth said from his spot in the bag, there was no sense of tease, the cat knowing better, but there was an obvious distaste as he stated this.

You could only bring yourself to force a smile, an awkward laugh leaving you, "Well-It's not the first time she said something like that...." You shrugged with a sad smile.

Pikachu had climbed up your shoulder, and though you would've panicked and put him back, the streets were empty, and you felt a little down to do so. He peered at your face, cuddling his face on to your neck before asking worriedly, "Pika....?"

You chuckled, before bringing up a hand to scratch the base of his neck, which emitted a familiar happy cuddle. Meowth seemed still a bit upset, though he pretended to act nonchalant, crossing his arms as he stated.

"Still, she could've at least visit the old lady before leaving!" You snorted at that.

"I dare you to say that to Mother." You teased, as Meowth drew back at your response, sweating a bit.

"A-Ah no thanks."

You blinked in surprise when a gust of wind passed you, as a fluttering creature appeared in front of you, stopping a few feet in front to peck the ground for scraps. The black-crowed creature blinked widely, cocking its head in your direction for a split second, before focusing on its task at hand.

"...A Starly..." You murmured, taking a few steps forward curiously, before it fluttered off in a hurry, reaching its flock just gliding through the sky without a worry. Your gaze lingered longer, as the flock loudly bickered, which consisted of constant squawking. You stumbled in your steps.

"Woah, Woah, watch it!" Meowth warned, hanging by the thread of the bag at your sudden stumble, he snapped his head towards you, "You're gonna get a concussion at this point, not to mention, I'm in the bag, you're gonna ruin my face!"

You paid no mind towards the feline's loud complains, to immerse in the flying creatures. "It's strange to find them flying here so casually." You said without thinking causing the cat to snap more.

"Well, whaddya expect?" Meowth leaned out of the bag, resting his large head on his paw with a deadpanned look, "If they weren't going so close to humans, then you wouldn't be having this worry to begin with."

You hummed at that, and finally continued your way towards your destination.

You finally reached the hospital. It wasn't the best one in Japan, but your mother preferred to stay close to nature at all times. That was the whole reason she decided to move to this city, hoping to stay close to the forest and mountains.

You entered the building wafted with medicine and cleanliness. The easily recognizable white walls and sliding doors were a sight you didn't miss much, but it was what was keeping that you missed. Doctors and Nurses passed by you without a glance, as you went to check in, moving easily towards her room.

You followed the exact same shortcuts to the room, which was in one of the top floors. Once you reached the room without a hassle, you knocked on the door, the slightest bit excited to greet her, as Meowth rolled its eyes at you.

"Calm down already."

"You're somehow a lot snarkier than I remembered Meowth." You added as Pikachu had decided to leave you alone, simply smiling awkwardly at your banter.

Hearing the familiar cherry 'come in', you slide the door opened, dropping your bag down, as Meowth and Pikachu scurried out of your bag to follow.

Your eyes automatically scanned the room for the occupant's, and when you caught sight of her, you felt the instant wave of relief splashing over you. A small smile lifted, and you were opening your mouth without thinking before you notice exactly what she was doing.

"Mom!" You loudly grumbled as the woman jumped in her seat, swiping her desk loudly and friskily at your appearance. You can't believe she's inventing now, as she swiveled to your direction with a wide nervous smile. She was doing a darn bad job at that because she stumbled and looked like a kid getting caught staying up late at night. She grinned her brightest, perhaps thinking you were the nurse before her eyes suddenly lit up like a Christmas tree.

"OH (NAME)!" You stumbled as she tackled you harshly, if you didn't steady yourself, you would've ended on the floor. Your mother was quick to become a crying mess this time, as you stared at her awkwardly. You forgot that your mother was quite the emotional, as you forced down the smile just itching to climb out. "How are you?! How's your new school?!"

She asked feverently, as you took her to her bed, as she sat easily with a grin. "I'm fine mother, my school's great." You replied exasperatedly, as she grinned wider at your answer.

Finding yourself smiling back unconsciously, you handed her the plastic bag, as she blinked at it. "What's this?"

"Cake." You simply replied as she swiped the box out of your grip with a large grin, "Oh you shouldn't have!"

Your mother looked much better, which was a huge relief to you. She seemed to be more alive than before, and perhaps will be able to go back home if her health keeps this up. You shook your head at her reaction as if you weren't drooling earlier before you plucked out another item, your mood dampening.

"A-Actually it was from Masami-nee-san, I met up with her just an hour ago."

Dull silence followed through, as your mother happy grin seemed to fall just a tad bit. You felt bad for bringing her mood down, as she probably is surprised her eldest daughter didn't bring it herself. You handed the letter, and had respectfully not looked inside, "She told me to give this to you."

Forgetting about the cake momentarily, her sad gaze stared at the letter you handed to her. She opened it without much thought, her eyes skimming each line carefully. You waited patiently, focusing your attention on the Pokémon warily.

"Oh." You glanced back at her blank reply. Your mother sighed heavily, eyes meeting yours gloomily as you asked awkwardly.

"She told you she left?" There was a pause before she nodded. She sighed again, it must be hard on your mother for this to happen.

I just wished she would've at least visited." She said, clutching the letter, as you frowned. The elder lady stared longingly at the letter, probably staring at it more than necessary before she put it away, tucking it in a drawer where many other letters from the same person were in.

She forced a smile your way, and place her wrinkled hand on yours.

"Anyways, what are you doing here? I didn't expect you to visit without notice." She took a bite of the cake before her eyes light up at the sweet taste. You took out a fruit you picked up on the way, quick to ask, "Apples?"

"yes please." She replied happily as you began cutting the fruit. You didn't say anything, and she patiently waited for you to answer. After you were done and handed it to your mother, you replied.

"Is it so wrong for me to visit?" You teased at first, as your slightly lesser eccentric mother giggled calmly.

"Never! But there's obviously something going on." She caught on quick, noticing your upset look. Her gaze never left your form, before they moved towards the Pokémon's with a calm look.

"I heard about it."

You flinched as she gave a solemn smile. She placed a hand on top of your hand with a heartwarming look, but a hint of worry crossing her features. "...Are you okay?"

At that moment, you released all of your thoughts to her. Explaining your confusion on the current take in your new school, and your worries about the Pokémon becoming headlines. There was still that sense of worry gnawing in your heart about this, as your mother patted your back comfortingly.

"A Hero huh? Well, what do you know?" There's an obvious grin in her face as she hears this, as you clicked your tongue at her obvious interest about the topic.

"I'm being serious mom..." You whined a bit, as she waved her hands, still grinning eagerly.

"I know, I know. But Heroes truly do remind me of my youth!" your mother was awfully reminding you of Midnight sensei at the moment, as you shook your head. "But never mind that," Swiping off the memory, you were met with an intense gaze from her, "I'm honestly not too sure about all this as well."

You blinked, "I'm more surprise we're on the same page." The elder lady pouted at that, at this point you truly wondered how could this lady be your mother.

"Of course I am!" She justified, upset at the new revelation, as she spread her arms out like an eagle, angrily flapping her arms around, "Do you know how many times a nurse would talk to me about this? It's only been a day but it's the talk of the century! Everyone's discussing this, some are worried while some are scared. It's so frustrating that I can't hype up my little girl with everyone acting like coo-coos!"

You were so moved by her support before you heard the last sentence. You could only stare blankly at her after that as she grumbled about it. You sigh, well you should've expected her rather interesting reasoning.

"I'm not sure what the director plans, but I'm not sure this was strategically right." You admitted, as your mother questioned.

"Is the conference going to be aired?"

"I heard it's going to be a private discussion as of now." You replied, perhaps a public announcement would be too much. Your mother nodded her head heavily at that before her eyes were moved towards a Pokémon climbing up on her bed.

"Aww~!" Your mother had quickly smothered Pikachu to herself as you sweatdropped at this. But Pikachu was nothing but an angel, squeaking kindly to your mother's high-pitched baby voice. "I missed you so much!"

Meowth was the next to climb the bed, struggling to get his other foot on before he sighed. Laying down comfortable at the end of the bed, he stared at your mother who grinned widely at the arrival of the feline. "and what's this, hello Mewth!"

"It's Meowth!" Meowth snapped slightly, but your mother paid no mind, patting the creatures head affectionately which the feline took without question. You laughed at this, well isn't someone a tsundere.

"You know (name)." cut mid-cackle, you waited for her to continue her words, who eyes grew soft at the creatures. "I don't think this is such a bad thing."

You blinked, "Really?"

"It truly isn't. I have faith things will go well, and I hope you do too." She scolded you, before softening her narrowed eyes, "It's new, but I thought you would accept this easily. You did always think for the greater when it comes to these pipsqueaks."

"How could I under these circumstances." You answered. "It's going to be difficult, and not mention grueling for everyone to adapt to a new change."

"Well, you're not wrong." She smiled easily, not at all deterred by your oozing negativity. "But we humans have adapted with quirks over time. And I find it strange if they can't do it now. I'm sure the Pokémon are ready as well to enter our world, for real this time."

That's right. Human began adapting with quirks over time. Although it took a little while before our society had come together, it eventually had come through, and our world became a superhero society in mere moments. What's to say a few creatures with power couldn't be adapted into our world.

But...

"...Or is it-?" Your mother murmured, squinting her eyes slightly at your form, as you stared back uneasily.

"Could it be, that instead of the Pokémon being not ready, it's you that's not ready?"

You didn't reply to that, feeling uneasy. You truly did want what's right for the Pokémon, but you also feel this was a little too quick of a move. But there was another feeling, a terrible emotion, that was a bit selfish. A selfish feeling, that maybe you weren't ready to share this discovery yet. That you're not ready for a change just yet.

You sighed, and at that, your mother patted your head comfortingly. "...You're going to have to trust on does around you. And who knows, things might go well, maybe even better than we hoped."

With one last comforting hand petting your hair, your mother was quick to drag you towards the desk on the corner of the room, her eyes lighting up so bright you had to squint.

"Now with that over," She began pulling your form towards the chaotic desk, that was littered with various things. She released your hand to fumble with her belongings before she basically shoved an item to your face.

You blinked, taking a step back to clearly see the object. She looked incredibly giddy, shaking around the object with a delight, "I wanted to introduce to you something, so what do you think?!"

It was a Pokeball.

You weren't too sure if you should fake surprise and happiness at the invention. But it was obviously a different type of ball, for it was a dark blue, replacing the classic red and white, and it had red linings over it.

Your mother was digging your sides with her elbow with the proudest look a mother would give, except it was a look reserved to herself, "This is called a Great ball!"

"A great ball..." You almost rolled your eyes, but it didn't stop you from making the sarcastic comment on her naming skills.

"Hush." She ordered, before continuing with a gleam in her eyes, "This right here could capture a Pokémon at least 50% likely compared to our old original pokeballs!"

You can't deny that got your attention, as you moved the ball around, throwing it up on the air a couple of times with a hum. Even with the easy catch, it was probably still a prototype. You gave her an appointed look, "So you want me to test your new invention."

"What? Feeling doubtful of my creations?" She pouted, but you shook your head. She couldn't have been more wrong.

"That's impossible," Your mother paused with a blank look, as you looked at the Pokeball with great interest, "Your inventions are always functional, I mean, you did create the Pokedex."

Your mother's eyes lit up at your compliment, in fact, she was glowing at this point. "Oh yeah, I did remember that. If I remembered well, all of the notes of the pokemon were handwritten in a huge book."

"...It was a hassle bringing it everywhere with me." You stated with a deadpanned eye, causing your mother to pat your back with a closed eye smile, replying with 'true, true...'.

As you were staring at the great ball, your mother could see right away the still conflicted emotion in you, as her grin had fallen to a quaint smile. She moved to place her hand on to yours, as you automatically stared at her.

"...Things will get better, have fate." The comment still left you with a tinge of uncertainty, but you decided to heed her words, and simply nodded, finding yourself smiling to her.

"...Okay."

"Principal Nezu and that Director knows what they're doing, so do your best alright? Especially in the sports festival, I'm counting on you to take first place!"

"...Right." You nodded slightly.

"...It's okay to be confused. I always thought you wanted to be a vet, but," She shrugged, as she relaxed, "Perhaps you're still finding yourself, and I'll happily support you no matter what."

She didn't grin to her cheeks were basically pulled back, but this smile was particularly the warmest you had gotten today, as it held nothing but sincere, and you were automatically warmth at that.

Your hands clenched the end of your shirt, as you smiled, "...Thanks, mom." You wrapped your arms around her, and she willingly returns the affection, squeezing you tightly.

Just have fate...You'll try. You sighed with a numb smile.

"Ah-wait, there's one more thing." She rummaged around the mess she had created, searching for a particular item, as you stayed steps away warily. You had a terrible feeling about what's to come this time. "Aha-There it is!" She plucked out the item, turning towards you with an evil glint in her eyes.

"Uh-what is it...?" You asked nervously, feeling cold sweat as she showed you the item.

"Nothing, I'm just going to a sample of your blood." She grinned a closed eye smile, holding up a needle as you stared at it in absolute horror. You swore the tip of the needle glinted under the hospital light.

"W-Wait a second!" You waved your hands around, eyes visibly shaking as your mother took a closer step, "What is it for-and you're an inventor, not a doctor!"

Your words held no meaning, as your mother stopped in a thinking pose, humming, "actually, you know I never got to hear anything about your schoolmates? Got a lover yet?" She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"No-"

"Actually, I found a few candidates as such." Meowth appeared right next to your obviously killer in disguise mother, suddenly holding a list of potential 'candidate lovers' with a pair of glasses covering his eyes, grinning cheekily at you, as you visibly paled.

"Oh, good job Mawth! Let's discuss this after..." She gave a thumbs up towards the cat before her eyes glinted in your direction. "Now-hold still (name)!"

"Just wait for a second!"

And let's just say you left the hospital, feeling more drained than before.

~•~•~

After taking a long ride back home, you stumbled out of the train station, completely exhausted of the ordeals of the day. It was late, so there weren't many people loitering the station.

As you reached outside, a cold breeze passed you, as the sky was dark and void. You were greeted by the city's nightlife, quiet and empty, with just a few cars driving through.

You strangely felt more relieved at that, you weren't so keen on greeting stranger's curious and slightly fearful chatter about the Pokémon. You walked silently crossed the city, hoping to get to your destination quickly.

Unzipping your bag momentarily, you peered down at the dozing off Pokémon, which had promptly fallen to sleep earlier on the train ride. Pikachu curled into a ball, lightly sleep-talking before nuzzling deeper into the confines of the bag. Meowth was sprawled out like a starfish, snoring just audibly with the hint of drool dripping the corner of his lips.

You chuckled, before zipping the bag shut quietly. They really are cute.

Walking back to the dorm, you can't exactly say you were completely unbothered after your talk with your mother. But you felt a lot better after the chat, and you might have to thank Shinso for the suggestion. It was good to see her lively as usual, as you even got to showcased Sylveon to her, which made her shriek in absolute amazement.

You hummed a light tune, walking in a fast-pace to the dormitory. You would've ask Aizawa to pick you up, but he's an injured man, so you avoided to topic altogether. You might get a good scolding soon, but you prefer the hero to get some early rest, as your quick steps echoed the silent city.

All of a sudden, you heard a noise. It was a noise of a soft cry. It was a rather familiar noise you were often greeted too, something you have grown accustomed with, as you halted. It was coming from an alleyway rounding the corner. It was quiet, but you heard it cry once more.

You silently made your way into the dark pathway. It was dark, heavily clouded by darkness, that it was almost impossible to get a good look around. You hesitantly enter the alley, the dirty walls not exactly the most welcoming.

Then there was another cry, it was getting a bit louder. You ambled towards the sound and ended up near a box, and it was obvious the cries came from the sorry-appearing cardboard. You bent down and opened the covers to stare at a creature you didn't expect.

A soft pink color, mixed with cream greeted you. With floppy ears, the ear coiling down, similar to Jiro's earjacks. It was small, enough to fit the compartment of the box, but it was visibly shaking, and now you have begun noticing the slight injury it bore on one ear.

Its blue eyes stare at you shakily, hiding deeper into the box. You quickly shushed the creature, slowly reaching out a hand towards it. It cowered more though, so you drew back your hand. You'll need to take a slow-take with the frightened creature, as you smiled down at it.

"You're a little far from the forests, aren't you?" You softly asked it's ear twitching at your voice. It still stood warily away from you, but you didn't mind as you smiled at it. It at least stopped cowering much to your delight.

The creatures long coil grew in length, the uninjured one came close to you, as you stare at it fearlessly. It drew close to your heart, as you waited for the pokemon to get to know you. Satisfied, it moved a bit closer, the coil staying close to your heart.

Although you would like to calm the creature down more, you weren't exactly in the safest area to be in. You should move quickly to U.A. and probably try to coax it there. Making up your mind, you whispered.

"Let's go somewhere else alright?" Audino blinked towards your direction, staring at your eyes. It wasn't sure what to choose, but it quickly decided to follow you, as it nodded slowly.

You grinned, moving to pick the box up.

"Off somewhere so soon?"

You jumped involuntarily, eyes widely scanning the area for the said voice. It wasn't as loud of a voice as Inasa, but it was enough to break the silence, a husky and lax voice from the darkness.

You finally noticed the man that appeared in the shadows, as you backed away from the man, feeling the slightest fear boiling in you.

You didn't recognize this man, nor could you see him clearly under the coat of darkness. But you caught the sight of blue steely eyes, as he walked closer to you. You could see the tinge of a smirk growing in the man's obviously smug face.

When he came out from the darkness, you were now able to get a better look at the man. Messy dark hair framed his striking feature, as turquoise eyes bored into yours, the evident amusement clear as day. The one thing that struck you odd of the man was the horrifying amount of stitches he had, lined carefully across his purpled skin.

To speak quite frankly, this man was obviously bad news.

You stood tall and defensively, eyes narrowing carefully. You really needed to get out of here quick.

"Don't come any closer." You were quick to say, noticing as he stopped in his tracks. You were unsure why, but the man was obviously still amused at your antics. His mouth curling into a larger smirk before he opened his mouth.

"Ordering me around huh? Don't tell me you're a hero-in-training?" His voice was gruff, not terribly deep, almost similar to a heavy glass of wine. You pressed your lips, as the man lost its smirk, more like a blank thin line. "Guess that answers the question."

The man didn't try to get any closer, but you still felt cautious as the man now held a rather uninterested look. What was he expecting? You lightly scoffed at him, causing him to stare at you once more.

"...So, what's a girl like you doing out here this late?" He asked casually, pocketing his hands in his black trench coat. You noticed the man's keen eyes locking on you, keeping careful watch making you nervous.

"Nothing. I was just leaving." You answered briefly, tone stern before you glanced at the box. Audino had gone completely silent after the new guy appeared, obviously more frightened by the newcomer.

His eyes lit up for a sec, like a fire from a match. "Oh yeah, you were talking to something weren't you?" He was quick to stalk towards the box, curious. Without a second thought, you moved in front of him, eyes glancing at the box for a second once more.

"H-Hey, listen." You started, you grew nervous as you noticed the man cocking an eyebrow at your action. It was strange having the stranger so close to you, as you were now able to see his features a lot more clearly. He was so close, you wanted to push him back. "It's just a stray, I'm going to take it with me now."

The man was obviously not convinced at your answer, as his apathetic gaze locked on to you. It was like a battle at this point, as you were sure you would lose if you so much as looked away. The man's lips coiled once more, a smirk making an appearance once more.

"If it's just a stray, can't I see it?" He leered down, bending down so his face was teasingly inches from yours. If he leaned any closer, your noses would be touching as you took a step back anxiously.

"I'd rather you don't." You didn't have much idea how to come back, but you glanced back at the pokemon so often that it was becoming plain obvious you weren't comfortable with the man in front of you. If he noticed that, it was obvious he grew more amused than before.

He snickered, moving back to his original height, "Y'know, I thought you were pretty from afar, but up close it became that much more obvious."

The compliment made you wide eye, as you glanced away from his lanky form. You really needed to get out of here.

"I-I should go." You said, a little too quickly, as you made a move to take the box. But before you could take another step away, he grabbed you by your forearm and pulled you, causing you to crash into the wall, your back against the wall. The air was knocked out of you, as you heaved in a breath, fear crawling out as it speaks. It didn't hurt, but it did catch you by surprise.

This wasn't good. Your eyes shook, and you didn't dare to stare up just yet, but you knew he was literally inches away from you, as he placed his arm's nonchalantly on the walls beside your head. He was so close, too close, that it was both suffocating and heart-racing, as you made sure to keep your gaze at your and his shoes.

He bent his head down, and you were now forced to see his charming face, where his lips were in a thin line. His frame was large as it towered you, blocking you from making an escape, as you stared at his azure eyes. At this point, you were accustomed to his amused features, that seemed to always find something interesting when he stared at you. He was much closer, as his breath fanned you.

He continued to stare at you, making you feel much more related to a prey being stared at by a predator. You were surprised when his gaze shifted towards the box, as he caught sight of the cowering creature hidden in it.

"Oh, it's those things." He glanced at the creature, not completely amused, as his automatic bored look appeared.

"...Those things...?" You questioned quietly, almost baffled as he answered.

"They were making a big deal out of them earlier." The man shrugged, pulling away slightly from you, before tilting his head away, "Creatures with powers huh? I honestly wondered what all the fuss is about, they don't look all that." You narrowed your eyes.

"Don't say that." You snapped all of a sudden, startling the man in front of you, "You just don't know how powerful they are, they're probably more powerful than you."

You glared at the stranger, you were tired of all the negativity running around the creatures, that you finally snapped when the man in front of you, perhaps holding you captive, began degrading them. So you snapped at the man who had you cornered, standing firm even with your faces so close.

There was silence, and you grew surprised when the man before you began chuckling. You blinked at the man, and out of nowhere his face was right in front of you once more, and for once, he didn't stare at you with that amused smirk, but rather a wide grin.

"...You really are interesting." By how close you were, you hadn't noticed as the man leaned even closer, his lips closing on to your ears, his breath fanning it as you flinched, your heart drumming loudly, your hand reaching towards your bag's zipper, feeling a small rustle from within.

"I've decided," He stated casually, breathy and alluringly, as his eyes watching your reaction, "you'll be my next victim." your eyes widen.

In a matter of second, you called towards the Pokémon who pounced out with a glare. The man reflexively jumped back, but the mouse already was emitting large electric bolts. It didn't hit him, grazing him by just a millimeter, but the man's eyes significantly widen.

You took your chance to grab the box, and scurried off in the night, not looking back at the man.

The mouse was quick to follow you, not before giving one warning look back to him, as it reached you with ease.

Dabi felt the slightest tug in his lips. He couldn't help but grin, you're a whole lot more interesting than he gave you credit for.

~•~•~

So here's another chapter! To be honest there's a lot being handed out in this chapter huh? Sorry, not much original character's playing part in this chapter.

I had fun trying to give the reader a negative flaw. I think it's obvious that the reader is rather, simple. She would prefer things the way they are. In sum, she doesn't like change all that much. As it isn't a huge distinctive flaw, it added how the reader doesn't exactly know how to greet changes. Even though she says she wants changes. I played around with this and can say I'm quite proud of the result.

Surprise, surprise, more secrets are being revealed. Trust me when I say, you'll probably not meet your sister once more. She's a one trip pony and is only here for...info. But other than that, Dabi. Wow, I'm not even sure what to feel, but I think this is more romance than I ever added in this story lmao. Or was it fear?

Other than that, Audino was requested from a long time ago. I tried to fit it in the best place I could come up with. Thanks for your patience, and thank you for the request. Next chapter's going to continue with the storyline, so we're going back to school! I hope you don't mind, but the first ova will play a part sooner or later. As usual, thank you so much for your endless support, and for your patience for this update. Till the next chapter.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

95.3K 2.1K 49
The world as we know it is full of people with quirks. What are quirks, you ask? Well, they are an extent that about 80% of us humans have. To have q...
163K 4.2K 10
You thought the fighting villains was rough, but parenthood is definitely the toughest battle you've had. Your husband being one of the top 10 heroes...
27.7K 809 22
You are broccoli boy's cousin that had to move away from a very young age, leaving behind all your friends including him. Years later, through an all...
105K 3.5K 35
*ೃ༄ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨, 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐬�...