BELOVED

By CassYunJae909596

The eldest son of the Kim is pretty. He's known to be gentle. And he have a beautiful voice. But he is adopt... More

001: The Truth
002: The Kim's Downfall
003: Unexpected Offer
004: Surprise?
005: The Beginning
006: FiancΓ©
007: Funny Ideas
008: Between Luck and Fate
009: Husband and Wife
010: First Night?
EXTRA 01: Jung Yunho's Thoughts
011: Nobody Knows
012: Welcome Home
013: Introduction to Danger
014: Fear
015: Signs of Affection
016: Kiss Me
017: In Sickness and...
019: Welcome
020: Fondness
EXTRA 02: Inside Threats

018: One After Another

948 43 16
By CassYunJae909596

Jaejoong ended up staying at the hospital longer than expected. At first, the doctors mentioned it'll only be a few days, a week at most, but Yunho suddenly had work and for some reason decided it's best to let the doctors continue monitoring Jaejoong until his return so the short hospitalization dragged on.

By now, Jaejoong had learned to differentiate his husband's type of work. If it's the normal kind of work, Yunho's working hours was almost similar to that of an office worker. He'll usually leave for the Ministry of Defence Complex early in the morning and return in the afternoon just after lunch hour. Occasionally, there are times he'll return very late too. However, Jaejoong could still contact Yunho by calling or sending text messages but depending on how busy his husband was, the call might be directed to voicemail and his reply might take a while. When Jaejoong was hospitalised though, his husband had always come and visit before leaving and when returning from work.

On the other hand, the days when Yunho literally went missing should be the time when he's assigned an important or perhaps, dangerous, work. His phone won't be available during this whole period and nobody seemed to know anything about his location. This is the second time it happened, and based on Jaejoong's experience with his husband's disappearance before their wedding, there's no telling when he'll return.

Jaejoong obviously wasn't that accepting to stay cooped-up in some hospital ward no matter how luxurious it is but he couldn't deny the fact that he was feeling better just days after staying in the hospital, could he? Even though the doctors said they can't determine his cause of sickness, the fact that he recovered under their care couldn't be ignored. Currently, his body no longer tremble for no reason, his small appetite also recovered, and he no longer had any unreasonable fainting spells. Unfortunately though, he's still haunted with headache once in a while.

So in the end, the Jaejoong who disliked hospitals and medicines had to grievously agree.

It's now been a week since he last saw or heard from his husband and day 13 of his "hospitalization". Jaejoong's body is getting better but for his heart and mind, it's the opposite.

Thinking of it, even if he's home now, what difference does it make? He would still feel lonely because Yunho won't be there when he woke up in the morning and at nights, no matter how late he waited, his husband will still not come back. After all that home is still not a familiar place to Jaejoong without Yunho in it.

Then... What kind of emptiness would he feel then?

Really, he's becoming quite a lovelorn fool. It seemed like those silly romance novels were not really that baseless after all.

Yesterday Assisstant Zhao had paid him a visit and even asked him if he finally wanted to tell the Kims about his so called hospitalization, perhaps taking pity on him since he had no visitor at all. Naturally, Jaejoong refused the offer. He's not sick. At least, based on the advanced and thorough medical check-up. Why worry Father and Mother about it? Now that they're back on their feet, they must focus on their business even more. Most importantly, due to his husband's pressure, it seemed like the lawsuit's settling soon. Better let them direct their full attention on it, who knew what'll come up during this important time?

And it's not like he's lonely for company... (He's just a little bit gloomy because he misses Yunho.) Jaejoong had always been a loner anyway.

In addition, saying he's "hospitalized" was rather misleading, isn't it? In truth, he felt like he's more on a vacation instead. His movement wasn't really restricted and his diet not really controlled. Plus, no medicines and injections so far. Jaejoong ate nutritious and delicious food for every meal, was provided with assortment of books and allowed to surf the Internet freely, and even the large screen in the middle of the room could give him a realistic movie experience. Not to mention, the little gym that Jaejoong had absolutely no interest in was also available for him to use anytime he wanted.

Fully confident he's actually fine and with his husband's permission, Jaejoong actually kept his visit and stay at the hospital a secret from everybody from the very beginning. Every now and then, he sent his parents some random greetings and heartfelt supports and that's about it. Nobody's suspicious because that's exactly the kind of person he is. Even when he went for compulsary school trips and trainings, Jaejoong very rarely contacted his family. He almost never call them, since his stuttering make conversation hard through the phone, and he only send text messages if he have something to say. He's awkward that way.

It's just that now, he felt restless not being able to hear or know anything about his husband. Foolishly, he'd even started sending text messages (more like reports of his condition) to his husband every night and morning. Of course, all of them were unsuccessfully send and the failed status made Jaejoong even moodier.

Jaejoong, fully knowing he's in love, of course wasn't surprised with the longing and worry he felt. It doesn't make things better though. The spacious and well equipped room he'd been staying at can't be described as bad at all but because of his turbulent heart, he kept feeling out of sort and so began exploring the hospital with the doctor's permission a few days ago. Well, Jaejoong hates the smell of it so he didn't really walk around in the hospital but rather, he started going to the healing garden that was at the back of the hospital. It was actually a compacted area and its location rather hidden but since the good doctor had so kindly informed him of the place, Jaejoong kept coming every day. Whoever was in charge of the healing garden did a very good job. Its plan was so well-thought that it gave off the illusion of space and tranquility with the surrounding shrubbery. This small outdoor space can be considered as a wonderful retreat for patients like Jaejoong who's in need of some peace. With a little vertical fountain as the centre and some aquatic plants and animals in the stream around it, Jaejoong lost track of time easily.

Today, Jaejoong brought a book to read. There's only a few benches provided in the healing garden but Jaejoong always managed to sit at the wooden bench on the left corner because not many people usually linger around there. It's his favourite spot since he doesn't really need to interact or socialize with anyone. To Jaejoong, even the act of smiling to others, it's not really something that he could easily do for no reason.

So when someone suddenly stopped in front of him and good naturedly asked if she could sat on the same bench, Jaejoong even considered leaving the healing garden early but in the end decided against it and nodded his agreement instead, not even looking up from his book. It's a long wooden bench that could easily fit 3 people so Jaejoong wasn't about to be unreasonable or greedy.

However, barely a few minutes after, the person sharing the bench with him suddenly inched closer. The slight movement might go unnoticed to others but for Jaejoong who's not comfortable with strangers and was instinctively cautious of such things, of course saw it clearly. Frowning, Jaejoong immediately closed his book and got up.

"You're leaving already?"

Jaejoong ignored her, feeling a little weirded out. His instinct had never failed him. Those he disliked or felt uncomfortable with from first meeting, never turned out good. Even if it's someone who seemed harmless and innocent, Jaejoong never doubted his senses. So even if she's wearing the same patient pajama as him, and seemed like a nice girl, Jaejoong just wanted to get away.

"Hey, what's the book about?"

Unexpectedly, the girl also got up and began walking beside him. Jaejoong's face darkened.

"Hey! Can't you hear I'm talking to you?! Why're you so arrogant?!"

Because of his personality, Jaejoong's used to being insulted like that so he just frowned but did not stop walking. However, he was suddenly blocked by two burly men in black suit. He stepped to the left, they both went left. He tried walking to the right, they also went and stood on his left, effectively blocking him. Jaejoong knitted his eyebrows and politely requested, "pl-please let- let me pa- pa- pass."

"Hah? How come he stutters like that?! But he's so good looking!"

Jaejoong glared at the approaching girl, now sure she's the master of these two bodyguards as they lightly bowed to her. What kind of person brought such scary looking bodyguards to the hospital anyway? Aren't they worried someone might get an accidental heart attack and passed away early just because of seeing  them and their imposing manner? And she doesn't even look like she's sick... Perhaps she's also just having a "vacation" like Jaejoong.

"You can't even speak. No wonder you don't want to respond. You must feel ashamed of yourself. It'sokay, I don't mind." She reasoned for him, and smiled, extending her hand expectantly. "Hi! I'm Lee Yu Bi. Let's be friends."

Jaejoong, who don't like physical touch, and disliked her overbearing words, of course refused the handshake. He could barely tolerate normal people, there's no way he could tolerate this kind of spoiled rich girl.

Nonetheless, the longer he resolutely kept his hands by his side, the uglier her expression became.

Perhaps taking offend for their little miss, one of the bodyguard came forward but before he could say or do anything, they were interrupted.

"Excuse me, Master Jaejoong. You've been out in the sun for too long, please return to your room or Third Master Jung would punish us if anything happened to you."

"Eh?"

"Third Master Jung? Who's that?"

Jaejoong had no idea who this good looking man is, suddenly appearing and saving him like this. But he'd noticed him in the healing garden quite a few times. He thought the man was a visitor or perhaps family of the staff but now, perhaps he's actually someone who Yunho assigned to follow him? And this girl... for not even recognizing the meaning behind Third Master Jung, how stupid is she? Even if there's not much visual provided, but the name is influential enough and it's not something anyone can use so lightly in the upper circle.

Thankfully, the bodyguards seemed to realize his identity and immediately changed their stance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193 15 21
Oh Yoohan: a rich but humble boy. He is 21 and openly gay, which is not too common in countries like South Korea due to the stigma attached to the lg...
4.7K 153 25
Yunho is school rep, he runs the schools dance program beside the teacher and is extremely popular, he's known as the schools Prince Charming. He fin...
285K 5.3K 44
Just some Ateez boyxboy flufferization ✨ There's some angst and might be some smutty shenanigans soooo πŸ‘€. This is my first anything so you might lik...
6.3K 347 26
ℂ𝕆𝔽𝔽𝔼𝔼 π”Ήπ”Όπ”Έβ„•π•Š 𝔸ℕ𝔻 π•Šπ•†π•π•Œ β€’ π•Šπ”Όπ•†β„•π”Ύπ•π•†π•†β„•π”Ύ _________________________________________ "π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘›π‘’π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘˜π‘›π‘œπ‘€ π‘€β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ 𝑑𝑦𝑝𝑒...