The Life Of An Introvert

Galing kay _Ravingsoul

Shafa'u is yet to experience the life of the outside world, but her curiosity will lead her to series of adve... Higit pa

Prologue

Family

17 8 7
Galing kay _Ravingsoul

"A reputable member of the house of representatives and an inspirational speaker, Mr Balarabe Lawal's 6 years old son Fahad Balarabe has been declared missing for 2 days.
  The police are going through a thorough investigation at the moment but there has been no trace or lead to the whereabouts of the boy. This is the picture of the boy(there was a display of his image) and we plead to everyone to notify and report to the police immediately there's any sight of the boy".

And now for sport news..
  The newscaster continued with his rather appealing accent.

    My parents, two of my siblings(Rahila and Nasir) and I, were currently in the sitting room listening to the morning news on AIT( African Independent Television). 

   Abdurraheem married last year while,my second elder brother Faisal has gone for his masters.

    My eyes were still glued to the television even after the news about the missing boy. I was no longer listening to the news, I had long zoned out. It's been two days since the incident of the kidnap, I couldn't bring myself to tell anyone about it.

    I was scared I might be putting my family in danger by telling them. It's stupid to think so but the truth I just didn't feel like bothering them about it.

   I took a glance at my Dad, he was saying something to my mum about the news of the missing boy which I didn't bother listening to.
  My mom on the other hand was just concentrated on what my dad was saying, like her life depended on it and muttered a simple yes and no when necessary.

  I looked away from her to my little brother, Nasir. He was staring deeply at his phone, while his fingers worked on the screen as he played a game on it. he was 12 years and in Jss 3( junior secondary school three) yet,his love for games just keeps getting more intense.

   And as a matter of fact, I can't even remember the number of times my parents have warned him against it.
   I guess he noticed my stare, So he looked up from his phone and gave me a little smile, silently muttering a "what happen?" to me..
   I just shook my head with a little smile too and glanced away from him.
  I noticed he was still staring at me with a confused look, he waited for me to look back at him, probably expecting me to say something but when I didn't, he just shrugged and continued what he was doing.
  He was a perfect definition of small but mighty, but I would use the word matured for him.
  He has always been a very composed person and tends to understand certain situations that one wouldn't expect even someone in his 30's to understand.

    My eyes finally landed on my sister, Rahila who was sitting opposite Nasir on our milk- colored sofa. Surprisingly, her eyes were already glued to mine with a worried expression. I immediately felt a ting of disappointment.

  I should have buried my emotions deeper, knowing fully well the kind of interrogative and inquisitive sister I have.

Now I'll have to tell her whatever is wrong with me or I won't have a minute of rest in this house.

  She immediately motioned to me to come to the room(mine and hers) with her. I know better than to argue, so I just reluctantly stood up from the brown wooden chair I was sitting on, arranged with others round the the dinning table.
  I actually isolated myself in the dinning area so that no one would notice my mood. I've been able to escape the past two days by simply staying in my room, claiming to read and only come out to do chores or cook.
.
.
.

     Shafy talk to me please, a problem shared is half solved.. She demanded immediately we got into the room..
.....I have been closely observing you for two days now"she continued..

    Initially, I thought your mood change was due to your menstrual period. But I got to realize it wasn't, because you already started praying yesterday evening, yet your mood didn't change.. "She paused
    Shafy look at me "she demanded calmly
  Silence...

No response..

   She sighed..
" Shafy, I said look at me " she  said this time, lifting my chin

Tell me the problem... She trailed

  Please.. She said looking directly into my eyes

       Nothing... I said barely audible
        Most elderly sisters would have exploded by now but all Rahila did was smile without a glint of anger..

        She moved closer to me on the king sized bed we were sitting on, covered with an orange bed sheet, a duvet folded across the end and a blanket folded across the other end, where I was sitting on with a pillow tightly pressed on my chest.

   Look around you Shafy, look across the four corners of the walls sis. We love and care for you more than you can ever decipher.

A problem not shared and solved may hunt you for the rest of your life. So, dear only you can hurt yourself because pains and sorrows lingering in your mind and your heart.... " she pointed to her heart.
.... Can do nothing but hurt you and bury you deep in the darkest place which is regrets..." She paused, looked at me then continued...
          I didn't study psychology nor do I know anything concerning that field and I also don't read minds. But I'm your sister and whatever bothers you bothers me. I know you well enough to figure out when something is wrong with my only sister. She paused again and smiled not taking her eyes of mine
    So, my dearest Shafy what's wrong with you? "She questioned calmly

       I looked at her, and all I felt was love, care, a strong bond only I and her share. I always can't help but be grateful to God for giving me such a wonderful sister.
   I smiled back at her with tears already welled up in my eyes. I couldn't even comprehend why I was crying. She quickly erased the tears from my eyes before I could.
       Lily.. "I began..
we both gave ourselves nicknames that only we call. Sometimes I forget she's four years older than me.
    On Friday, when I got back to school..........I explained what happened to her, and she listened carefully without interrupting.
    When I was done explaining to her, it was as if the incident kept replaying in my head.

        Lily, I know I shouldn't be so worked up about this but I just can't help but feel guilty. "I adjusted on the bed
      I feel like I should have been able to do something to help the poor boy. He was so helpless...  You should have see the way he was brutally taken to the car, he kept struggling even though he barely knew the impending doom awaiti..... I choked ,struggling not to cry.
         Lily immediately came closer and hugged me.
It's okay Shafy, it isn't your fault...
  You can't get yourself in danger trying to rescue another person from it.

      You should always be your first priority, anyone In your shoes would have done the same.  

   In fact, if I was the one, the moment I saw a group of weird men grabbing a little boy, I would have long took to my heels.. "She said laughing a bit, making me to chuckle.

     Do not report to the police as an eye witness because the last thing I want now if for you to get yourself in danger...
You don't know how deadly the kidnappers can be. As you heard, even the police haven't found any trace of the boy despite his Father's connection. The police might be one's friend, that's true .. But they might also be one's death! Which is the blunt truth. Do you understand? "She asked looking serious

    Yes I do Lily " I immediately nodded in affirmative looking flummoxed at the mention of death "not that I was actually going to report"I thought...

    Thank you so much Sis, This means a lot to me, you won't believe the amount of weight you've just lifted from my shoulder. You're simply the best!"
I said grinning widely
   You're welcome dear sis. And you're simply the bestest! "She said smiling..
  Ah ahn Lily which one is bestest again! I said laughing
     Forget grammar jhoor.. You're the bestest" she said joining me in laughing
       Asimàn ki màwu ki mummy a hyiú isón( it's like I heard mummy calling you just now) said Lily
    Okay let me go and attend to her...

.
.
.
.
.

.

         I stared at the standing mirror placed close to the drawer in my room, looking at my reflection,tracing my buttons, and adjusting my sleeves..
  Please be good monday.. "I sighed to myself
     I woke up very early feeling a bit relieved , I prayed for almost an hour continually having nafila before I finally stood up to greet my mum, Dad and Lily.
.
.

    I quickly grabbed my school bag, and went to the dinning where my parents, Rahila and Nasir where already having breakfast. I also sat to eat mine  which was kunun gyada( a drink in form of pap but made from groundnuts and cooked rice) and kosai(beans cake which was prepared by Lily.

      When I was done eating, I packed my plates to the kitchen to wash in the sink. As I was rinsing the cup, a heard a knock from the door.
   I immediately dropped the cup and cleaned my hands to check who's on the door because the others were still eating and my dad made a strict order against standing up or talking while eating. They all always eat very slowly like their life depended on it unlike me and  my elder brother Faisal.

  I opened the gate and two policemen came in with a fat looking man that had wrinkles on his fore head which made him look strict and very ugly. I assumed he was the inspector general because he looked like their boss.
    Good morning sir, please who are you looking for? I questioned looking at the fat man. I don't even understand what a policeman is doing in our residence this early morning" I thought to my self and I was already scared to the core.

     My name is Ifeanyi Fabian from the police headquarters and I'm looking For one Mr Jamil AbdulFatai.." The fat man spoke furrowing his eyebrows

   That's my Father." I answered staring curiously at them

Please can you fetch him for us" one of the policemen finally spoke

But wha... I started

"Who is that?" came my father's deep voice interrupting me with Lily, Nasir and my mom following closely behind.

 " Are you Mr Jamil AbdulFatai?" Asked the second policeman that hasn't spoken before

"Yes, I am... Is there a problem?"
Asked my Dad

  *You are under arrest for the kidnap of Fahad Balarabe, the son of Balarabe Lawal. "Said the fat man.
  What!? What's goi.... My dad started. By this time, we were already all panicking
   You are expected to follow us to the station and stay quiet for anything you do or say would be used against you in the court of law.. The fat man interrupted
Officers! He called
Yes sir! Answered the two dumb policemen
Take him..He ordered.

.

.
.
.
.
.

This is barely the beginning of the saga...

  ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

     Thank you for reading...
Sorry, for the late update. I use a phone to write, it's really stressful😢. So, please also forgive any typographic or grammatical errors😆😆.

Please vote, comment and share..
  Who else has an elder sister or sisters😃😀?
If you do, please mention them in the comment section and I'll give them a shout out!! in my next chapter. I do too and I sure will mention her in my next chapter😊😊.
Thank you all once again😘😘😘😘😘
💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

60.4K 3K 52
The Rajputs well known as the most powerful and devil's for the people who tries to messed up with them people got goosebumps just by listening to th...
29.8K 678 27
Cecilia's father, a well-known and successful lawyer, was tired of her problems. Tired of the issues she had been causing for the family and it's nam...
34.1K 101 20
Adam is in desperate need of money and finds out about The Sissy App, an app where you can play games and do challenges for rewards. However, Adam do...
177K 6.5K 81
Not many people understood 12 year old Jessica, as a person and an individual. That doesn't include, however, her older sister, who Jessica adores w...