Avengers: Liberation

By heartofthesouth

Sequel to Avengers: Damnation. Liberty Davis has been away from the Avengers for six years, trying to come to... More

Chapter 1- Her Bare Skin
Chapter 2- Heart Breaking Cry
Chapter 3- Wet Pavement
Chapter 4- Bruce Banner
Chapter 5- Seeped Through
Chapter 6- New Home
Chapter 7- She Tore My Mind Apart
Chapter 8- Trying To Save My Mind
Chapter 9- The Stars And The Moon
Chapter 10- Welcomed The Unwelcome
Chapter 11- Part Of Me
Chapter 13- Sharing With Him
Chapter 14- Vulnerability
Chapter 15- Catch Me
Chapter 16- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 1
Chapter 17- Guilt Ridden Spy
Chapter 18- The Man Safe From Danger
Chapter 19- All Too Familiar Black Spots
Chapter 20- Keep All This Pain Away
Chapter 21- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 2
Chapter 22- America's Patriotic Hero
Chapter 23- Edge Of The World
Chapter 24- A Kiss Plain And Simple
Chapter 25- Taking Over
Chapter 26- Unable To See
Chapter 27- Here At MIdnight
Chapter 28- Complicated Woman
Chapter 29- Barely A Word Spoken
Chapter 30- My Answer Was No
Chapter 31- Closer and Closer
Chapter 32- Violent Red Sky
Chapter 33- The Bleeding
Chapter 34- Valkyrie
Chapter 35- Bare
Chapter 36- What We Were
Chapter 37- I Think It's Just Optimism
Chapter 38- Undisclosed Scars
Chapter 39- Truly Forgiven
Chapter 40- The Arms Of Logan Howlett
Chapter 41- Doctor Strange
Chapter 42- Hydra
Chapter 43- Broken Street
Chapter 44- The Return

Chapter 12- Returning to New York

129 4 1
By heartofthesouth

I could not stop the memories pouring from my mind. I felt myself plunge the dagger into my body, the warm blood and the torn flesh. I could feel the warmth of Loki’s soul as he damned himself for me. I can remember the first thing I saw with my new eyes, it was him, and it was always him.

Loki.

But soon I could feel Magnus’ own memories seep into mine. I saw his family slaughter. I tried to push away from him, but he wouldn’t let go of my mind. I had no control over what Magnus now saw. His name was Max Eisenhardt, he was forced to work for the Nazi’s in Auschwitz, and he met his wife there. They escaped, but were hunted, he had a child. Then all I saw was flames and a small child’s scream.

Oh God it was so loud! Her screams were unbearable!

Please just stop!

He unleashed his powers against the humans, slaughtering them. His wife ran, ran away from the monster he saw. He became Eric Lehnsherr. His life was filled with death and destruction that never seemed to cease. All I could see was the ruthlessness in this man; all I saw was his hate for human kind, and his destructive nature. But behind it all stood his violent beginning. He had faced his death multiple times and survived, but now and again through the barrage of violence, I saw his human side. His more humane and benevolent side.

My heart slammed against my ribs, as soon the visions began to slow until I came to now. I tipped my head back pulling my lips from Magnus’. I kept my eyes closed for a few seconds. I soon realized that I had been crying. My lips were slightly swollen, and when my opened my eyes more tears flowed from them. Magnus looked down at me with cold grey eyes, studying me waiting for my reaction.

“You got what you wanted.” My voice was stern and unwavering. I had made me suffer through all that death and destruction which he caused. I went to step around him, only for him to grab my hand between his two. I looked at our hands, his were warm comforting, and mine trembled slightly from the aftershocks of his memories.

“I saw everything Liberty.” I didn’t look away from our hands as he spoke.

“I saw you die, twice. I saw you and Loki…” he trailed off as I looked up into is darkening eyes.

“He’s your husband.” I nodded and took in a deep breath. I expected him to let go of my hands but he didn’t, he kept a firm yet gentle grip on them. I looked away from his strong piercing gaze, as my heart continued to hammer in my chest.

“I saw everything too.” He nodded, now I gently slipped my hand from his. I couldn’t stand there, and pretend that I hadn’t seen the things I’d seen. My hands trembled as the images of that night flashed before my eyes. I screwed my eyes closed, and took in a shaky breath.

“I saw what you did to those people Magnus. You slaughtered them.” I growled out. I turned my back to him. My heart hammered in my chest for an all too different reason now, as those violent and bloody images flashed across my vision. My chest quickly rose and fell with the rage I felt.

“You have no idea what you are talking about.”  I shook my head and continued looking at the ground.

“I saw the day your daughter died, I heard her screams, and I saw your wife’s horrified face when you massacred all those people, all because you couldn’t save her.” My heart hammered in my chest, as I could feel the static electricity grow in the air. I felt the hairs on my arms stand up on end, as the impulses in my body rose to the surface of my skin.

I finally twisted around to face my fate. His chest rose quickly like my own, as his rage grew more evident in his eyes. They were turbulent and twisting between dark grey and silver. His hands were clenched into fists. I could feel the rising EMF in the air as I stood there waiting or hi to make the first move.

“You would have done the same as me in that situation!” he growled, he bared his teeth, as anger consumed him. But before I was able to say a single word, it was like I was thrown back in slow motion. I was thrown upwards, via my mental soled boots.

Everything slowed down. I felt the bronze and silver haze engulf me. It was protecting me; my metal amour was slammed across my body, as my body flipped midair as I countered Magneto’s attack with my own opposing magnetism.

Finally my feet made contact with the ground. My metal soled boots dug up turf and soil as the hell stabbed into the ground. I could feel the weight of my horns on my head, as I rose up from the ground. The bronze and silver faded from sight as I stood there in my asgardien glory.

I looked across the field to see Magneto standing there his palm pushed outwards toward me. He lowered in back to his side, and clenched it back into a fist before turning away from me. He didn’t look back over his shoulder, because he didn’t need too.

“You should leave.” His opinions were all too clear. I twisted around and began to run. My amour cleared away from my body like dust caught in the wind, pulling the metal and fabric away from me and leaving a pair of blue jeans and a long sleeved black shirt and an ivy colored trench coat.

I continued to run away from this place, a safe haven for Mutant kind, but not for anything else, including myself. I rubbed the back of my hand across my lips removing Magneto’s taste. I ran, and there was no stopping me, I didn’t need to rest, I didn’t need to sustenance, all I needed was somewhere away from here.

I conjured my phone and headphones and pushed them into my ears, and pressed play as I sped past the welcoming sign. “Tear the world down by We are the fallen.”

So fitting.

 I was just over eighteen hours away from New York by walking; if I keep running I might make it there in nine hours. I just wanted to be anywhere but here. Hours passed by like minuets, as my determination to run to New York dwindled with the time. Soon I I became weary that it was becoming dark. The last gas station I passed must have been over three hours ago. The wind was harsh as it howled through the trees lining the road. I needed somewhere to stop, somewhere to get out of the dark and out of the harsh autumn weather

I looked over my shoulder, and saw no cars, I then looked forward and saw no cars coming that way either. I was alone on a deserted road. I sighed and pushed the collar of my trench coat up to protect my neck from the harsh winds. I shivered, and kept walking.

The odd car would speed past me; I was miles away from anywhere. Then I heard it, the loud purr of a motorcycle behind me. I looked behind me to see bright lights cutting through the winding trees; soon the purr was more like a roar, as the bike swooped around the bend in the road. I stood there and watched as the bike skidded to a stop in front of me.

I saw the smoldering embers at the end of the cigar that he held between his large wolfish teeth, I also was the pearly white smirk he held. He took in a deep breath causing the embers to brighten a fraction.  He pulled the keys out of the ignition but kept his blinding headlamp on. He stepped away from his bike and stood in front of me. His once bright blue eyes smoldered like sapphires as he stood in front of me.

“What were you thinking bub?” Logan flicked the embers off the end of his cigar as he pulled it from his mouth. I shrugged and pulled my coat tighter around me. How could he not feel that wind? Oh wait he’s wearing a leather jacket.

“I saw Magneto’s past, and I could stop the way I reacted, and this caused him to throw me through the air, and then tell me to leave.” That was the long and short of it. Logan nodded and stepped back onto his bike.

“Well Eric said nothing about the whole throwing you part, he said he acted irrationally but I didn’t think he meant that.” He pushed his keys back into his ignition and revved the engine.

“You getting on?” I looked at him suspiciously. I didn’t not want to go back there just yet.

“Depends on where we’re going.” He raised an eye brown and placed his cigar back between his lips, as he smirked.

“Well Eric asked me to track you down and bring you back, so he could talk to you. But now you’ve told me that he threw you, I think it’s ok if we don’t go back till tomorrow. So where were you heading Liberty?” I smiled at Logan and walked out from the direct light of his head lamp, and slid onto the seat behind him.

“I was heading to New York.” He looked over his shoulder and shrugged, as he puffed gently on his cigar.

“You hoping to see someone?” I shook my head and smiled lightly. If anything I wanted to give them as much space as I could.

“Not really, it’s just, I wanted to get away.” Logan nodded and kicked away the stand. He looked over his shoulder at me again and smirked at me with long canines.

“I would hold on if I were you.” He chuckled loudly as we suddenly we sped off; I was suddenly forced back, I panicked and quickly wrapped my arms around Logan’s body as my heart stammered in my chest. I smiled into his warm leather jacket, as I would soon be returning to New York.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 4.3K 26
Serena Ace is a doctor at SHIELD. She manages to keep her secret under wraps as she works at SHIELD. That is, until Loki decided to try to destroy th...
15.9K 978 29
After sixteen years of searching for their daughter, Bruce Banner along with rest of the Avengers finally find a girl claiming to be an Elizabeth Ban...
6.8K 579 38
When a team of villains- led by Dr. Doom- twists reality in their favor, the Avengers and their friends are thrown into an alternate world that is de...
61.5K 2.8K 60
AGE OF DARKNESS Book Two Sequel To Age of Glory · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · Tony Stark sighs. "You're not going with me on this, are you, Cap?" Steve Rogers si...