Once in a Million

Da cactusrgr8

[This is a Dabi x Male Reader] You grew up with Toya, you saw his life, he never really saw yours. You've se... Altro

𝐡𝐢𝐲𝐚❢
where it started
toya todoroki
info: y/n
we became friends
new years special
daydream
《Chapter 5 - Help Me 》
please read <3!

《Chapter 4 - Honest 》

1.4K 46 3
Da cactusrgr8

No beginning note, but will be at the end.

4

Memory 5

Loading...

Complete!

(Toya's POV)

The following morning, (Y/n) had the look of fear on his face. He didn't mean to break down like that, especially in front of Toya.

In truth, (Y/n) had been doing this for some time. Fights.

He tried to keep it away from school and put on a mask every time he passed those gates. The same happy smile, same cheerful attitude.

(Y/n) didn't know when he became like this or why. But he hated it.

He hated being like this, but it was too late to go back from all the people he hurt for his own selfish needs.

After the bathroom accident, Toya started avoiding (Y/n). (Y/n) tried to reach out to him, for something, reassure him this was the only time this has happened. But, Toya wouldn't even look him in the eye.

And that Tengan guy, he ended up with a bloody nose, but that's it. Even from all the fighting, (Y/n) still didn't have quite the figure to knock someone into the hospital.

Parents were called, of course, and another white lie slipped out. Word got around of what happened. There were many on (Y/n)'s side. If you think about it, how could an innocent boy, like (Y/n), plummet a bully, like Tengan, into the ground? For no reason?

That was enough proof for the whole school.

//stupid//

And so then, everything went back to the normal again.

But it wasn't normal.

He felt like something was missing, and he knew that missing piece of him didn't even want to take a single glance at him before running off.

People soon noticed the dismay of the two. They were always by one another's side, so when they saw they weren't together barely anymore, classmates of his and Toya's got skeptical.

The talk got around.

And this is where they are now.

...

Toya speedily rushed home, knowing (Y/n) would try to catch up with him. His house was far away, but feeling the embarrassment of his father always picking him up, he decided to start walking.

His mom protested against this, but he didn't listen.

And then so what Toya predicted, he heard pounding against the payment behind him. He didn't need to know who it was, so he rounded the corner quickly and bolted for it.

He needed time to think, of what he saw.

How can people skim over this so... so...

easily?

It annoyed him a lot. His best friend he thought he knew, turned out to be fake.

He was already having problems at home, so why did this have to come up all of sudden?

Was (Y/n) always like this?

What in the right mind was he thinking?

Well, Toya sure wasn't thinking because soon he was pulled back with extreme force by the shirt.

Bending over, coughing, he looked up to see a frantic (Y/n).

"I didn't mean to do that! I'm sorry...and..."

As (Y/n) continued rambling, Toya got up, taking deep breathes, still bending over a little.

Regaining his composure, he noticed (Y/n) stopped talking, now looking at him apologetically, which he only turned his head.

He hated it when people looked like that at him. It reminded him of his mother.

Scoffing, he turned to (Y/n).

"Look, Toya, what happened a few days ago... I..."

Toya waited, letting him take his time.

"I promise, I'm not normally like that! I don't know what came over me!"

"I'm sorry, I am!"

"Please...talk to me..."

Toya heard all these useless remarks before.

Taking a deep sigh, he put a hand on (Y/n)'s shaking shoulder, staring deep into his eyes.

Oh, how he wished he could back to when they were younger when they were both innocent.

(Y/n) looking like he was about to cry, toppled Toya into a hug.

Toya hesitantly squeezed (Y/n) back, but he did, wrapping his arms around his shoulders, before realizing what he was doing and forcibly pushed him away.

"I-i... I can't do this...

I just need time, I promise!

Then we'll go back to normal and nothing happened!" Toya stuttered out.

"Please..." (Y/n) said, beginning to reach his hand out to Toya.

"I-" but before Toya could say anything, he caught a glimpse of the time on his watch and started to shake.

It was about time he got home and he knew his dad would be mad if he didn't get there quickly.

"I got to go! My dad, you know..." Toya said, before turning the other way, but not without catching a flash of (Y/n)'s face, seeing tears started to collect in his eyes.

"I'll... I'll talk to you later!" Toya said waving back at him before bounding ahead.

He did it, he fell back in. He gave in that easily...

But, even though he couldn't see it, there was a huge smile on (Y/n)'s face.

So, they went on their ways.

Toya didn't get in trouble for he made it back before his dad could, which he plopped on his bed in relief, before degradingly getting to his homework for the day.

As hours passed, he looked out at the window which flashed orange and pink colors as the sunset. He then pushed himself from his desk as his chair rolled backward, while he stopped it, swiveling it side to side before packing up his homework back into his backpack only to lean back into his chair. Then he saw the small electronic off to his desk, as he rolled over to it.

He stared at his screen on his phone, contemplating if he should text (Y/n).

Suddenly getting startled by his phone vibrating, signifying someone texted him. Reading the screen he could see it was (Y/n):

(N/n) //nickname//:

Hey Toes //his nickname for now, lol give me ideas idk (。→∀←。)//

He just sat there upright on his bed, dazed, still looking at the phone, as he hesitantly traced his fingers above the keyboard, not knowing what to type. Just as he was about to type, he heard a loud crash.

//before we go on, just a thing, I might just say screw the ages because I can't keep up with that of at what point is who at this point! It's frustrating! But anywhoosies, you guys are in middle school, and yes, the whole gang is still here excluding Rei, after the... incident... Shoto already has his scar btw, and Enji is still having daddy issues with his temper.

another thing, I did my research and it seems that students in Japan get out around 3:15-30, and the Todoroki's house is quite a while to walk so it's around 4:30-45 maybe, I know, might be a stretch but whatever.

also fair warning, there may be traces of abuse coming up//

Kicking himself off of his chair, he ran to the door frantically, whipping it open as the door hit the wall, and the chair squeaking before stopping. He was so paranoid about everything now since what happened with his mother those few years ago. He knew it was probably Shoto and Enji again.

It always was.

Toya could see his dad trying to get better, but he continued to abuse Shoto in the shape he wanted.

When he got to the training- room, he could see Shoto kneeling on the floor as tears fell down on his face. His father was above him, yelling, as his hair started to take on the shape of fire.

Fuyumi was just behind him, as she stood a little taller than him.

"DAD! Stop this!" Fuyumi screamed at my father, as she clenched her hands into fists.

It's as if he couldn't hear us, as he continued yelling at Shoto, who was trying to curl up into a ball, scared that he would get hit.

We knew our father would never hit us, but it always made us fearful that we imagined the worse.

The room started to get hotter, as his hair and beard were in flames.

We all started to sweat.

"DAD!!"

Fuyumi tried to go up to our father, and pull his arm away, but he knocked her back accidentally when he jerked it away from her grip.

Everything went silent, as we watched our father realize what he just did.

Fuyumi hit the ground, as I go over to her. She had a mark on her face, but it wasn't extremely red.

Our dad just watched as Shoto was still on the ground, shivering.

He was speechless. He started to come over there, to make sure she was ok.

On instinct, I activated my quirk, blue flames surrounding my arms, burning me.

"DON'T COME NEAR!" I shouted out in anger.

Startled, he took a step back. He let his anger get the best of him again. This usually happened. There was a pain in his eyes, as his beard started to die out, making the room a little bit darker.

Seeing that I wasn't giving out anytime soon so he could go tend to his daughter, he huffed out, closing his eyes, as he rubbed his nose in irritation and regret. His hands shook a bit, until looking back up again.

The fire blazed a bright blue, scorching my arm as it licked my skin away.

He didn't know what to do, so he did the best thing he knew he could do.

He walked out, leaving us again.

Shoto curled up on the floor then looked up, his eyes still watering.

I stopped my quirk, looking at my arm looking dried out and looking like it would collapse any minute. I held it close to me, pain searing through my body as I whimpered.

Fuyumi getting off the floor came close to me, worry in her eyes.

"I-I'll be ok... how's your face?"

"It's ok, but we should've really let dad help. You know he didn't mean to!"

I sneered.

That was would never be a father to me. He ruined my life, our life.

Everything was falling apart.

"That father of ours ruined everything, h-he, I HATE HIM!" Tears that were collected in my eyes slowly started to flow down my cheeks.

Words not being carefully chosen could lead to everything going downhill, so Fuyumi being restricted of those special words that might reach out me, might change how I saw the situation and the air, hugged me instead.

I winced as she held me tightly, as she refrained from hurting my arm too bad, which even with the slightest touch brought me severe pain. I hugged her with my left arm since it was the one that I could still move with. We stood like that for a bit.

Then Shoto came over and we just stood like that. The three of us quivering and scared, none of us had courage.

We were just kids.

But I'll change and I'll become their hero and protect them.

I will one day.

Memory 5 Ending...

Shutting Down...

███░░░░░░░░░  25%

██████░░░░░░ 50%

█████████░░░ 75%

████████████100%

Completed Shutting Down!

Memory 5 Ended!

Bro, it's been long, I'm sorry!

It's just school and not having the encouragement to write, and this is late at night (kind of) but I'll revise this later!

But I do want to make another book!

It would be like a game and probably based on the Fantasy AU.

For example:

A) FIght him

B) Befriend him

like that :)!

And you guys would choose!

But idk, or should I continue working on this?

I have so many ideas, I just need to find the right motivation and time!

Well anywhoosies~

Also! I love your comments! I may not respond, but you guys always make me feel better!

Also, the poll is still up on the title change or keeping it the same!

Once In a Million

Memory

Other

Have a goodnight/morning/afternoon/etc!

Love you and thank you!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

834K 15.6K 17
I don't have much of a description other than your the child of Shigaraki and gradually fall in love with a villain named Dabi. Read the info chapter...
463K 9.5K 38
You are the adopted child of Kakashi Hatake. By attending UA you hope to become a great hero like your late father, Obito Uchiha. I know it says male...
2K 150 16
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ ⪼ 𝚆𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜. 𝚆𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍.⪻ Hanae Yami's childhood had been a rough one...
696K 21.8K 49
⌜ • ° 𝖡𝗎𝗇𝗇𝗂𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖺𝖽𝗈𝗋𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾! 𝖤𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝖼𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗌! ° • ⌝ ☽ ◜ ➴ 𝑩𝑵𝑯𝑨 𝒗𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒙 𝒎�...