Twisted Fate

By CFLUniverse

Crossover. Boku No Hero X Fairy Tail Another one!? Yup. Summary: Her father wanted her gone, in all literal w... More

Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
❎❎❎
Chapter 7.5
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Update!!

Chapter One

2.4K 76 18
By CFLUniverse

I looked up at the cloudy sky, the aura already seemed different. As if more evil crawled up in this world. Drops of water fell one after another, soon I was drenched. I didn't know where to head to after collapsing on what seemed to be a dark strange alley. I had nothing on me, just the ring of keys that had been bestowed upon me. I owed that mermaid my life, she asked of me to become the strongest alive, and I would stop at nothing. I would live for mother and become the strongest for Aquarius. As their will, I would accomplish anything.

"You there!!"

I turned to meet the eyes of a ground of unruly men. A crazed look in their eyes as they cornered me. I bore no weapons, but I couldn't die. Not here, not until Aquarius allowed me to do so.

A blinding light separated the men and I. I could heard pained grunts and cries, soon the light died out. A single man stood between the fallen men. He spit and fixed his suit. "To ever lay a hand on my master, is something I would never forgive."

"Mas...ter?"I say slowly. Was he referring to me? Is he Leo The Lion? Then he is Aquarius's friend. "I'm no master.."I tell him. He looks up, surprised. "As Aquarius's friend, you are my friend as well."

"You're too kind,"He looks down. "I don't deserve to be called friend. I am merely but a shield for you."

"Shield?"He was a funny man. "I am in no need of a shield, Leo. What I need, are friends, allies, if it is your wish to protect me, I will not oppose of it. But I will never deem you a shield."

He turns bright red, was he having a fever?

"You're turning red..are you alright?"I ask.

"How are you nine years old!? Why do I feel comforted by a child!?"He cries out.

I stare at the odd man, had I offended him? "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable—."

"No! You're perfect!"He clings to my body. He hugs me so tightly I could almost hear my bones shattering. This was the first time I was hugged by someone who wasn't my maid, he was just a mere stranger I had just met. I let loose, letting myself feel this strange feeling of love from someone that knew nothing of me. Perfect? He says. What a strange use of words from someone so strong. "I promise to protect you with my life, no matter what or who you're up against. I will follow you to the ends of earth."He places his hand on his chest and bows.

I felt happiness surge through me as the man spoke those words of loyalty. That too, was the first time I had been told such a thing. "And I promise you won't have to risk your life for me. I don't plan on dying."

"That is a great thing to hear, such a will to live you have!"He stands and grins. "For a nine year old, those are big smart words you use!"

"Yes, I do not intend to break my promise to lady Aquarius."

"Lady Aquarius?"Leo mumbles. "Can you call me Loke-sama!?"He gushes.

"Isn't your name Leo?"I ask.

"I don't care, I want to hear from your pretty little mouth! Say, Loke-sama! Please~"He claps his hands together a bit to eager.

"Lo-ke...-sama,"I let out slowly, he was a weird man.

"That's so cute!"He mutters. But then he turns serious, as if having just processed something. "What promise did you make to Aquarius?"

I pause and look at him. I was to trust this man with my life. "I promised her to live and become the strongest alive."

His eyes glaze over. "Why would you ever need to promise something like that..?"He whispers.

______

Loke had gone back to the Spirit Realm. I sat on the bench of what appeared to be a park. I knew nothing of this world, I couldn't stay outdoors. But I had no money, no means to get by. I had no food, grrrrrumble~

"That's a really loud stomach."

I look up to face the mocking face of a boy my age. He stared back at me, his face turning red. Was this a sickness that was going around? I surely would have caught it as well!

I don't reply, I didn't know what to say. I had not been around anyone my age it almost felt surreal to be near him, he was so close. His skin was warm. I felt my palm make contact with his smooth skin. He stood there as I could only stare at him in awe. I pull my hand back, realizing that I must look like an idiot.

"A-Are you hungry?"He asks, pulling himself out of a dazed look.

I shake my head. Grrrrrrrumble~

"You're lying,"He mutters. "Do you have a home?"

I shake my head again. I for a fact didn't have one. And I couldn't call upon my spirits to help out, I could barely open their gate for three minute.

He scratches his cheek and looks around. He sticks his hand in his pocket and pulls out a colorful wrapped object. "Here. This is all I have."He says. "It's a candy."

"Candy?"I mutter out. I had never had the chance to taste one.

"Yes candy, have your never eaten one before?"He asks, cocking his head to the side. His brows raised.

"No."I say and stare at it. My stomach begging to unwrap it.

"Try it. Here."He rips the wrapper and places it in my hand. It already gave off a sweet aroma. My mouth watered. I plunged it into my mouth and felt amazed by the taste. It tasted better than I would have ever expected. I close my eyes and let my taste buds drown in glory.

"It tastes good right?"He asks. I nod wordlessly and continue to enjoy the candy. He was such a kind boy, to have given me the last of his candy.

"Why would you give me your last candy?"I ask and open my eyes. He was still staring at me, he jolted awake.

"I-It isn't like I can't just buy another later!"He crosses his arms. "You were just hungry, I could never ignore someone in need. That's what heroes do."

"Hero?"I ask and continue to chew on the delicious candy.

"Yes, the ones who protect others from villains! Who save those in need, who are there to always defeat evil."He says. "I want to be like AllMight!"

"AllMight?"I ask confused, yet intrigued. His eyes blazed with fire as he talked about said person.

"Where have you been living!? Under a rock!?"He exclaims. It seems I have hurt him.

"I am sorry. I do not know of AllMight."I tell him.

"Don't be upset!"He exclaims. "Ugh! Why do I always make everyone around me upset!?"

"I am not upset."I let a small smile out, he was a kind boy. Someone who I now owed a favor to. He had given me his last candy, he had sat here with me and talked about heroes. He had treated me like a friend. "I am grateful."

"H-Huh?"He asks puzzled. "For what!?"

"For this,"I point at the wrapper. "And for accompanying me. I will be in debt with you."

"In debt?"His face scrunched further in confusing. Perhaps I was not clear enough.

"I will protect you at all costs. No matter what. I will do this for you, friend."I tell him firmly, just like Loke had promised me. Promises were not to be taken light heartedly. He helped me when not even knowing of me, both of them.

"E-Eh?"The boy's mouth gapes. "I do not need protection! I am supposed to protect the weakling! Not the other way around! I am to be a hero! The strongest—."

That is something I could not help him with. It would mean to cross paths one day, I could protect his life from danger, but not from me, because I would be the strongest alive. For Aquarius.

"KACCHAN!?"

A beautiful woman ran angrily, spewing fire as she neared us. She smacked him hard on his head. "Why are you over here alone!—?"

She turns to me. "Was my boy bothering you!?"She asks and pulls his ear.

"Ow!"He exclaims.

"You're hurting him,"I point out. If this went any further..

"He deserves this, he is not to ever leave my sight! I don't know what I would do if something happened to him! You are so dumb boy!"She screams at him.

"You're hurting my friend,"I look at her sharply. "I promised no one would hurt him."

"Huh!?"She exclaims. "You have a friend Kacchan!?"

"N-No!"He mutters. "She's just a girl I just met."

Is he embarrassed of me? "I apologize, I confused kindness with friendship."

"What is up with this girl?"The woman whispers to the boy...Kacchan? He shrugs and sit on the ground.

"I just met her.."He grumbles.

"She's a real cutie, I bet she likes you!"She grins at me. "Do you like him!? He's a hard boy to deal with, but if you do! Then I will finally be able to die happily!"

"Mom!"He shouts. His face turning beet red yet again. A fever? I jumped down from the bench and placed my hand on his forehead.

"Your body temperature is higher than normal..."I say and look into his eyes. "Are you OK?"

He slaps my hand away and stand quickly. "I am perfectly fine! I am no weakling!"

But Loke had the same thing, and he was not weak either. So did this happen to strong people?

"Kacchan, we must leave, your father will be out soon."His mother says and takes his hand. "It was nice meeting you!"

I stare after their retreating figures, the boy looks back gives me a small wave. I wave back and let my hand fall on my thigh. I had no idea what to do from here. I could not work, I still didn't understand anything.

There was a strain in my body, Loke materializing next to me as darkness fell yet again. He had a small pouch in his hands. The delicious aroma drawing me in. "If I stay here any longer, it will strain you terribly. I take too much magic power."

"It's OK. I read that if you let your body go go its limits, it will not break, but transform. That is a Celestial Mage, so please, stay with me."I say and unwrap what looked like a bland sandwich.

"You make me blush so much, master!"Loke cries out yet again. His face red yet again. "I will stay here until you don't want me to."

"How can I not want you to, you're my friend now."I smile at him and bite into the sandwich, it was refreshing, to let go of my past and embrace my future. It was refreshing, to have friends.

"My heart cannot take this anymore!"He wails. "You're an angel!"

"An angel?"I sputter out, "I am far from that."I laugh as the man continues with his strange antics. I wish you could see this and be happy for me, father...

Loke smiles at me, his face beaming. "You laughed!"

"I did,"I nod and take another bite.

"That sandwich must be disgusting, but it was the only thing I could prepare since everyone else was training!"Loke exclaims. "I am sorry for my terrible cooking skills."

"It's fine, Loke-sama. This should be more than enough."

"You called me Loke-sama! I am the happiest man alive!"He announces.

I've made him happy? I blink. I've made this man happy by simply called him what he asked. I am glad. That I could put a smile on his face, to the man who saved me earlier. And he called himself a shield. I would never accept that.

"I want to train as well."I look up at him, determination flaring my being. If I was strong enough, I would be in no need of protection. They could be free and happy, alongside me, I wouldn't let them suffer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 286 28
After a unknown girl watches Midoriya struggle to come to terms to a life without a quirk, she realises how important it is that she becomes his quir...
67.2K 4K 28
"A ROSEBUD SIGNIFIES YOUNG LOVE." "WELL I CAN SAY WITHOUT A DOUBT... I DONT HAVE THAT." • In which a nature loving girl continues to fall madly in lo...
19.5K 628 29
In a world full of quirks where the majority of the population hold a special power there is a girl who wishes to become a hero, her true origins are...
42 12 11
She is young and capable, ready to rise up in the hero world. He is held down by himself, fighting his way to the top, trashing along the way. Crossi...