𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 ― u. sasuke...

By _hatake

➣ SYNOPSIS Ever since the first day they met, both of them found themselves falling into feelings they didn't... More

0 (Intro) ➣ Prologue
1 ➣ Academy Life
2 ➣ Ninja Training?
4 ➣ Growing Up
5 ➣ Tumbling Down
6 ➣ Whisking Through Time
7 ➣ By Your Side
8 ➣ Reluctant Goodbyes
9 ➣ Where Are You?
10 ➣ Serenity
11 (Epilogue) ➣ I Know

3 ➣ Helping You

3.4K 172 37
By _hatake

"In this fever, I can't be hesitating!"

S T A R T

Strolling through the village, Sanae's wide orbs were darting everywhere, in awe of the unmistakable beauty she called her home. Like every other day, it was bustling and alive. Sasuke was busy today, so she was left by herself.

It wasn't something she was foreign to.

In fact, she preferred it.

As much as she enjoyed Sasuke's presence, sometimes, he was too loud and hyper. It was difficult keeping up with him, sometimes. Blinking her red hues, she sighed, feeling guilty for sometimes being annoyed by Sasuke, she just wasn't into being social. It drained her.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" Up ahead, there was crowd. A pit formed in her stomach... something wasn't right.

Jogging, she pushed her way in, trying to get a glimpse of what was going on. On the ground, there was boy. She wasn't dumb, she knew who he was. Frowning, her body began to heat up in nervousness, stuck with what to do.

"Momma," Sanae spoke, catching the attention of her mother who was by the stove, stirring a pot of steaming stew.

"Yes, my dear?"

"Why doesn't anyone like Naruto-kun?" This question took Mika off guard. She turned to face her six-year-old daughter who was sitting at the dining table, looking at her with wide eyes.

Mika knew Naruto wasn't a bad child, he just lacked the aspects a child needs to grow mentally healthy. Although, her husband and Sanae's father — Daichi — didn't like Naruto. For what reasons? Who knew.

"I'm not sure, Sanae." Mika replied. And she wasn't lying, there was no logical reason as to why people didn't like him. He was a boy who basically saved Konoha, just why would people hate him?

"One time," she sputtered, playing with her pigtails as she looked at her mom, who listened with open ears. "I tried to be nice to him, he yelled at me at ran away."

Sanae drummed her fingers on the wooden table, continuing. "I think he was crying."

Mika's cerise irises reflected into Sanae's. The woman didn't know what to say. Knowing everybody in the village feared the young Uzumaki in a way, just by looking into her daughter's eyes... she could tell Sanae wasn't afraid.

Mika knew if Daichi found out the words she said to Sanae that day, that she would be in big trouble. Yet, she said them, anyway, knowing her daughter needed to hear them.

"You try your best to be as kind as you can to other people," she started. "But if they don't accept it, there's nothing you can do."

"For Naruto, he's a little lost. The best thing you can do is be as kind as you can when you run into him."

She feared those words were too much to comprehend, but Sanae nodded, just grasping onto what her mother told her.

Smiling, she lifted her hands in the air. "I hear you loud and clear, mommy!"

Recalling the memory, Sanae swallowed her fears. Her entire body felt like it was on fire, she was just so nervous.

"Take it and leave!" The shopkeeper pushed him to the ground, throwing a mask at him

Her confrontation wasn't her forte, but she couldn't stand the fact this old man was saying such crude things to a young boy who's done nothing wrong.

"Hey!" Wiggling her way out of the crowd, all eyes were on her as she ran in front of the blonde boy, who sat in the dirt, looking up at her in awe.

She spread her arms out, her orbs darkening in the slightest bit. "Stop it! He didn't do anything!"

"He tried stealing my mask!" He retorted, which only made Sanae angrier. She'd seen the most of it, and she knew for a fact, Naruto didn't (and would never) steal something.

"Quit lying!" She dropped her arms, putting a foot forwards, showing she was serious.

Cerulean orbs were wide in shock and awe. It almost didn't seem real. Someone was actually on his side? He couldn't believe it. Staring up, he was overcome with emotions he couldn't control. Stumbling up onto his feet, he took the mask and ran, not looking back.

Sanae watched as he ran off, sadness filling her soul. The shopkeeper sneered. "Look at him go."

Hardening her stare, she decided to keep her mouth shut after responding to what the man had previously said.

"I hope you find your peace."

Then, she took off in Naruto's direction.

::

The young Uzumaki was still in shock.

He remembered her stern gaze, defending him. It was difficult for him to grasp, not sure what to believe. He pondered whether or not he had a chance to be her friend. A bitter smile painted his face, knowing that she was only doing it out of pity.

There was something familiar about her, and he couldn't put a finger on it. Walking through the forest with the mask in hand, he began to think.

It was a pretty day. All the students were going home, getting picked up by their parents. However, a boy sat sadly on the rickety, wooden swing that was hung on a tree in front of the Academy.

The whispers of people around him filled his ears. He loathed it more than anything. What had he done?

Sure, he'd played stupid pranks, but it was because no one would notice him otherwise. To him, being alone was the worse feeling in the world. And so, he set his sights on becoming Hokage, because then, everyone would like him.

His eyes visibly saddened as he began to wonder why people looked at him with such horrid eyes, a scowl always painting their face when they looked at him.

"Naruto-kun?" He looked up, his azure orbs meeting cerise irises that gazed into his. There wasn't a trace of fear, pity, or anything bad.

"What?" He answered. He couldn't blame himself for snapping, because he slowly started to believe that everyone in the village hated him, for God knows what.

"Are you okay?" Sanae questioned, tilting her head to the side. "You look sad."

"I'm fine." He muttered, jumping off the swing and glaring at her. It took her aback, she was only trying to be nice.

"Why do you care so much? Leave me alone!" Naruto shouted, catching the attention of the parents and students still at the front of the school. He pivoted on his heel, and ran. He was so filled with grief that he couldn't control it. Tears streamed down his face, as he ran further and further away, not looking back.

"Naruto-kun!" The Uzumaki whipped his head around, his eyes widening when he saw the girl running towards him.

She stopped about a metre away, panting.

"What?" He muttered, looking away from her gaze.

"I was just trying to be nice... you don't have to be so mean, okay?" Her eyes were sad, and realization struck him hard. He hurt her.

"I-I'm sorry!" He sputtered, pink dusting his cheeks, he never really apologized unless he was told to, but he felt like he really needed to. Sanae's eyes widened, before she smiled.

Naruto liked it. It was genuine and serene.

Sticking out her hand, the girl smiled. Her pigtails blowing in wind as Naruto looked at her with wide eyes.

"My name's Asa Sanae!" She introduced, her grin widening when Naruto grasped her hand, a smile painting his face, too.

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto! Dattebayo!"

He felt warm and tingly inside, he was happy. Really, really happy.

Sanae felt like she accomplished something, feeling elated that she took the chance and stuck up for him, even chasing into a goddamn forest... it was worth it.

E N D

Real messy chapter. But I still like it :P

Thank you for your time! I hope you enjoyed reading! Stay healthy and hydrated! Until next time~

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 12.6K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
22.8K 1.3K 45
Life. She's clung to the shadows in a way that has made her existence a mystery and those close to her are left to try and piece the last two to thre...
776K 17.5K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
583K 21.2K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...