Damaged (Boy x Boy)

By ShutInWriter

Roses are like love; if cared for a rose will thrive. If forgotten a rose will wilt. Casper is just a rose w... More

Hotlines.

Chapter One: i promised.

21 1 0
By ShutInWriter

"I have to go, Adrian!" Casper huffed as his boyfriend pulled his petite body into the larger one's lap.

"Mmm," The larger of the two hummed, "Can't you just cancel?" Adrian's voice was deep and smooth, matching his physic. He was about six foot two, a well-built body, black hair and deep blue eyes.

"Now, why would I do that?" Casper asked kissing his cheek. "Xavy and I have been planning this for a while now! And it's only a few hours, please?" He begged, giving Adrian his best puppy dog eyes. The black-haired man sighed as he pushed his face into the crook of Casper's neck, humming in thought. Adrian loved his boyfriend's scent, a present honey smell. Sweet and gentle, just like Casper.

"Fine," He mumbled reluctantly.

"Thank you! I love you, honey!" Casper squeaked happily and kissed his boyfriend before hopping off his lap. Casper swiftly picked up his old, leather, brown bag, the straps feeling complete in his petite hands. Casper wore a simple, navy, oversized sweater and light washed skinny jeans. He sported honey-blond hair and green eyes. His face was heavily covered in foundation, although, all the makeup wasn't able to cover the dark, black bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep along with black, purple, and yellow bruises littering his face. If you were to ask the honey-blond about these bruises he'd chip a response along the lines of, "Silly old me," or, "Got into one hell of a bar fight,".

Before Adrian could change his mind, the honey-blond rushed out the door after shouting one last thank you and I love you. Hopping down the stairs of the ancient apartment building, Casper smiled brightly. It'd been too long since he'd last seen his best friend, Xavier Miles.   They'd grown up together. Their mothers had been best friends since before they were born. Casper had been born one year after Xavier. However, it didn't stop the two from being partners in crime. And, when Casper realized it, Xavier was the first person Casper told about his sexuality.

They were thick as thieves.

Sadly, after Casper and Adrian started dating, the two stopped seeing each other as much. Work, relationships, and life, in general, got in the way of the two's relationship. But today Casper had barely convinced his lover to let him free to see his best friend, even for just four hours.    Adrian had always been overprotective like that. Even though the two were only friends, he hated the way they hugged, shared inside jokes, and much, much more. Casper couldn't blame him though, anyone would be jealous. Right?

It didn't take long for Casper to arrive at the bus stop, being lost in thought always helped a trip go by. Taking a seat on the bench, Casper waiting for the bus. Excitement consuming his very being.

...

"Xavy!!" The blond gasped as he lunged himself at his best friend. 'Xavy', or Xavier, was five foot ten, milk chocolate brown hair, ivy green eyes, and stubbled chin. Grinning his infamous grin, Xavier wrapped his arms around Casper in a pleased manner.

"Hey, Cassie," The brunette hummed back, savouring the hug. Casper always gave the best hugs in Xavier's opinion. "It's been too long," He added breathlessly, releasing his friend from the embrace.

"Hehe, it has," Casper agreed, his sparkling, forest green eyes looking his friend up and down. Xavier looked the same, besides a bit longer hair and a few more golden freckles.

Grinning contently, Casper grabbed his friend's large hand and began dashing down the street. "We have three hours and twenty-four minutes! I have big plans, my friend," The honey-blond hummed.

"Lead the way," Xavier chuckled as he was drugged down the street by Casper.

...

The two had taken a break from their busy meet up, they now sat outside a lovely café called 'RoseMary's', Xavier and Casper used to visit this place every week; it was special for them. The café always smelled strongly of vanilla, whiffs of this scent fell out of the main building allowing a comfortable, homie vibe to follow you, inside or out. It was simply designed, cream colours and white paintings, along with some vibrant green plants.

Licking his lips, cherry ice cream covering them, causing it to seem as if he wore bright red lipstick, the old friend began to ask. "So, Adrain and you...how's it been going?" Xavier stumbled, poking his ice cream tentatively.

Glancing at the other, Casper smile and giggled light-heartedly. "Xavy," He began. "I love him and he loves me. That's all that matters. You don't need to worry about us," The blond stated swiftly as if it was practiced.

"Cassie," Xavier groaned. "You know I worry...He's violent, unpredictable. I-" He went to continue, to plead his friend for answers, but he was cut short by Casper.

"That was one time," He hissed in his lover's defence. "You got him angry. You were being a meanie, of course, Adri got mad...It's not his fault Xavy," Casper huffed his response.

"That's-" The other attempted to explain. "I- Just- You- K-" Xavier decided to stop. Sighing, he ran his fingers through his thick, jell filled hair. "I just wanna protect you...I promised..." He mumbled softly. Not being able to meet Casper's eyes, he glanced away into the street. Cars, bikes, and people all passed by minding their own business. No windows concealed this unknown interaction, the people passed sometimes making eye contact with Xavier, which was frankly quite awkward. Some were couples; sweaty hands clamped together, lovey-dovey grins, and suggesting eyes.

Licking his lips, the dark-haired friend sighed and glanced at the table, splatters of chocolate and cherry ice cream covered it. Xavier didn't want to look his friend in the eyes. He'd never approved of Casper's and Adrian's relationship and still didn't. It wasn't healthy, it was quite evident by Casper's makeup covered face. But what could this childhood friend do? He'd already confronted both parties about this toxic situation, warned both with logic and understanding, but that didn't do anything. Actually, on second thought, it did do something. Gained a few more shattered plates and tears. Along with fake smiles from Casper.

"I know you do," Casper replied swiftly, his loveable smile shining as bright as ever.

"Do you really, Cassie? Because sometimes it doesn't seem like it..."  With that the conversation ended; cold, static, and delicate as ever.

...

"Ha! I won," Casper grinned victoriously, his petite hands resting on his thin hips. "Take that, Xavy!" The honey-blond acted as if he'd just won WWI, he pranced about smiling dorkishly and pumping his fist into the air like Mario.

Laughing with a shake of the head, Xavier slowly got up from the ground. A blue, white, and yellow volleyball rolling around on the ground. "I don't understand how someone as short as yourself can play volleyball so well," He grumbled.

"Agility, effort, and practice. Oh, and five foot six isn't bad!" Hissing the last part playfully, Casper picked up the ball once more and looked at his taller friend. "What'd ya' say? Another round?" He offered cockily.

"I'd love to," Xavier hummed walking towards Casper. "But you sure your five hours isn't up yet? It's..." Pulling his phone he checked the time. "...eight forty-two,"

Dropping the ball, the honey-blond's eyes widened in fear, however, he quickly looked towards the gym doors. "Yeah," He squeaked out. "I should've left quite a while ago..."    "Want me to drive you?" Xavier offered.

"Please?" With that, the two rushed out of the gym.

...

The ride back was an uncomfortable one, which was rare. The two were never awkward around each other, it was just that kind of trust. A bond, an unbreakable bond. But at that moment the forbidden topic was on the table. One that caused discomfort, lies, distrust. Three, or more, things that were the very opposite of what the friendship was based upon. 

The clicking of Xavier shifting his car to parked almost scared Casper, just like his cartoon counterpart, the boy was ghostly pale, his green eyes glancing around frantically. "Thanks," The honey-blond smiled weakly. "The bus would've taken forever, and it's a little cold out,"

"You know that you if ever need anything, you just ask," In his husky voice, Xaiver laughed and unlocked the doors. The laugh was forced, it was clear to both of them. Still, it comforted Casper; his friend comforted him in general.

"I know," He answered half heartily. Giving one last fake smile, he rushed out of the car and towards the house. A house that Xavier wished Casper hated, rather than called home.

////

Hey there! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's been in the making for quite some time now. Lol, I forced my friend to listen to me read this like ten times. Anyways, please vote or comment on your thoughts!!

Love ya', My Rays Of Sunshine! 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 94.8K 40
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
3.5M 282K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
10.1M 303K 53
Anna Krause is in her senior year and more than ready to leave high school behind and start a new, fresh life without homework. What she didn't expec...
807K 23.9K 64
"Real lifeမှာ စကေးကြမ်းလွန်းတဲ့ စနိုက်ကြော်ဆိုတာမရှိဘူး ပျော်ဝင်သွားတဲ့ယောကျာ်းဆိုတာပဲရှိတယ်" "ခေါင်းလေးပဲညိတ်ပေး Bae မင်းငြီးငွေ့ရလောက်အောင်အထိ ငါချ...