My Heart Belongs to You {ON H...

Door CreativeDreams

Being a 21 year old should be easy right since you’re no longer in your teens and you don’t have to follow th... Meer

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chpater 5

My Heart Belongs to You

458 12 14
Door CreativeDreams

Chapter 1   

The lane my house stood on was quiet this evening, which was a bit unusual since it was never quiet. There would always be the constant barking of the dogs, crying of the cats or the bickering of neighboring families which could be heard on the outside. But today was one quiet evening.

I sat on the doorstep, watching the quiet lane and listening to the soundless night. As far as I could remember, Tallendeen Lane of Whitvale—the country I belong to, was considered the riotous lane of the year. A very small country that every traveler would miss spotting it on the map, but none of us had any problem since, recently, it was considered as one of the most developing countries. Business men often visited saying ‘they found fresh talent here’.

As I thought of all of this, my mind instantly remembered one of the reasons why I was out here. I took out my cell phone and dialed his number, deciding that this was going to be the last time I was going to call. Of course, the last couple to times I tried his number was supposed to be the last time I was calling, but I couldn’t help it.

I needed an answer.

I needed to know why.

Troy McKenzie, the love of my life—at least that’s what I thought he was---until he dumped me on the day of our graduation saying he needed a break. I met him when I’d joined Manchester University in the UK. We’d instantly clicked and dated continuously for three whole years. We were the eye of every new couple. Girls and boys wanted to be us. But the day we were graduating changed it all.

He seemed distant and irritated, and when I tried to comfort him he blurted that he wanted to end it and that he was sorry. I was crushed and the graduation’s after-party was one heck of a horrible experience. My friends tried to cheer me up but there was no use. I could see Troy everywhere, dancing with every possible girl. My best friend Ruby was helpful after that, until she too had to rush, leaving town due to some urgent work.

After that, I came back to Whitvale, not wanting to stay there any longer. My mother was horrified by the news of our break up and blamed it entirely on me. When I tried explaining it to her, she wouldn’t listen. She loved Troy and said that there was a reason to everything. I was just too stupid not to ask when I had the chance to. Well, I couldn’t deny that since I had left UK immediately.

So it’s been a month and still no reply from Troy. Each time I call it goes to his voice mail and I leave messages like…

‘So, I have been wanting to talk to you’

‘Please, call me. We need to talk’

‘Troy I need to know why you ended it. Didn’t you ever love me?’

‘I need answers!’

‘Have the bloody balls to reply!’

‘Mom thinks it’s entirely my fault. I need your reply to prove her wrong!’

Well, there wasn’t a single reply. I was adamant in not calling him ever, but I would think one more time wouldn’t hurt. I must have left like thousands of messages but there wasn’t a single reply from him.

When I called his number this time, it was like a slap in my face when I’d found that he had turned off his phone. A part of me panicked, thinking he had changed his number but I calmed myself, giving it a more practical solution. Well, he might have just turned off his phone.

My inner voice screamed at me saying he changed his number! Give it up!

I wanted to smack my inner voice. This couldn’t be happening. Did he hate me that much? I know I would hate it if my ex kept calling me for a whole month, but I would never dump him without a reason. I kept calling his number for the next five minutes which kept saying that his phone was switched off.

Tears filled my eyes and I looked away, wanting to cry out loud but I couldn’t. Mom was going to blame me anyways. I pocketed my phone before going back in the house. It was dinner time and like expected I wasn’t hungry. I just couldn’t digest the fact that it was officially over after all this. He could have just left a message, giving me a reason, but he didn’t.

Three years…

It was more like three years of betrayal.

Three years of staying with a person I barely knew.

I thought he was open and honest about everything but turns out he too was a jerk! Just like the rest of the male population.

I stumbled up to my room; secretly thanking the stars that mom was busy watching her TV show. I entered my room, shutting the door behind. I was a clean freak. My room was never untidy; at least I made sure it wasn’t. The bed was always made. The make-up items were always arranged on the dressing table. And I would never use shoes on my bed.

But today was an exception.

I didn’t care about all that. I jumped onto my bed, bawling my eyes out into my pillows. When I was done, I went to the bathroom to wash my face. The redness in my eyes didn’t go but I looked better than I did a second ago. I went back into my bedroom and took out my cell and dialed her number.

A few rings later she received.

“Hey, babe!” she greeted.

Ruby,” I sniffed.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, concern dripping from her words.

“He changed his number,” I croaked, letting the tears fall.

“Aw, honey. Are you sure?”

“Yes. I can feel it.”

She was quiet for a few seconds before saying, “You know everything will be okay right? I think it’s time to let it go, Amy.”

“You’re right,” I admitted. “But I just wanted my answer.”

“I know. He’s a pathetic jerk! You deserve better.”

I smiled, despite the churning in my heart. “Thank you. Talking to you feels so much better. I wish you were here.”

“Hey! You know I’ll be back in a few months. And, I’ve decided to move to Whitvale anyway.”

“Oh my god! That’s the best news I’ve received in weeks.”

“It’s not sure though,” she added.

“Alright,” I said. “How’s California treating you?”

“It is A-mazing!” she gushed and I smiled, secretly wishing I should have gone with Ruby than come back to Whitvale like a lost puppy. No wonder mom was pissed.

“You have fun. Call me soon.”

“Will do babe,” she kissed before hanging up.

I pressed my forehead, thinking what I was going to do next. This was practically the end but yet, it didn’t feel like it. My heart felt like it was being crushed into pieces and I couldn’t really stop the pain. I unlocked my phone and scrolled down to Troy’s name. I stopped, wondering if I should try calling again.

One last time a voice whispered in my head. I was about to click on call when a knock on my door startled me.

“What?” I practically yelled with fear.

The door opened to reveal a little red headed woman, who also happened to be my mother.

“What’s going on?” she asked, entering the room, checking for signs that probably would indicate a boy was hiding somewhere.

Yeah. I was 21 and she still treated me like I was sixteen.

“I was just talking to Ruby.”

“Oh!” she glanced at me. “How is she?”

“Doing well. California is awesome she says,” I said, wistfully.

My mother snorted, “That’s only because of the men.”

I rolled my eyes, not wanting to get into that conversation with my mother. Well, by now you must have figured out that my mother was a bit narrow-minded. She liked women who stuck to one guy. It didn’t matter how sucky the guy was or if he was a jerk, but the lady has to stay by her man’s side.

It’s stupid. Believe me, I know. But mom had been living in this denial ever since Dad died. It wasn’t her fault but she chose to believe that if she wouldn’t have let him go, he wouldn’t have been shot to death. After his death, mom literally had a nervous breakdown. Psychiatrists’ were helpful but they could never change one thing and that was mom’s new profound attitude towards a man and woman, which was why she was mad at me for not sticking with Troy and asking him what the reason was when I had the chance to. Basically, she wanted me to grovel at his feet and ask forgiveness even if I wasn’t at fault. She made me mad half the time but she was the only family I had left and honestly, I couldn’t afford to lose her which was why I kept putting up with her crappy views on relationships.

She stopped at the foot of my bed, staring down at me. I suddenly remembered that I had been crying earlier and secretly hoped that my eyes were no longer red. I was in no mood to hear anymore snarky comments.

“Dinner is ready.”

“I’ll be down in a while,” I said.

I sighed in peace as soon as mom was out of the door. For a minute there, I had forgotten that Troy had officially cancelled his number, which also reminded me that I needed to call one last time. I scrolled down the name list and stopped at his name. A part of me urged to press call but the other part told me to wait till tomorrow. I was debating on whether to call or not when mom screamed from downstairs.

Well, I got my answer.

I pocketed my phone and went downstairs. During the meal, my thoughts kept wandering back to the graduation day. Ever since mom said I was too stupid not to ask, I kept thinking how things would have gone differently if I would have just confronted him and asked him what had really happened. Instead, I just flew back home.

I was so lost in thoughts that I didn’t realize I was playing around with the food on my plate.

“Honey, what’s wrong?”

“Hmm?” I looked up at her.

She squinted, “Is this about Troy?”

“No,” I lied.

“Then?”

“Just thinking what to do with my life.”

Her expression softened. “Oh honey, you will find a job. Whitvale is coming up so fast and people are holding too many events.”

“I know,” I murmured.

She smiled, comfortingly, like my mom before Dad’s death and then the softness was gone, replaced by a sudden firmness.

“Did you talk to Troy?”

I pushed my chicken around the plate, hoping she would get up and walk away but I knew that was too good to be true. I glanced away, not wanting to meet her eyes.

“No.”

“Why?”

This time I felt my anger build up like always. Mom spoke like it was so easy especially when she knew Troy never received my calls. I hated how she behaved ignorant at times. It was almost as if she didn’t care about my feelings.

“Because he does not receive my calls,” I snapped.

She glared, angrily, “Do not use that tone with me, Amy!”

I threw up my hands in frustration, “What do you want me to do, mom?”

“Don’t give up,” she said.

“It’s too late for that,” I whispered, sadly.

Now she looked confused, “What? why?”

“He has turned off his phone—“

“That doesn’t mean anything,” Mom waved a hand.

I glared, “Mom! Are you even listening to me? He has never turned off his phone before. It’s over!”

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying he’s got a new number!” I snapped, irritated.

“Honey, it’s not the end,” she smiled, soothingly. “There’s always the email.”

I opened my mouth to retort when it struck me. She was right. All this while I had been calling him and leaving messages when I should have tried the email also. But frankly, it’s been a month and I am exhausted. I was done. I wanted to give up, but unfortunately, when you have a mother like mine—your wishes will blow back in your face.

“You’re right,” I told her. “But I’m done.”

Her eyes widened in shock, “Amy, you just don’t—“

“Mom!” I exclaimed. “I’m done making a fool out of myself. You want to get him back then you send him an email.”

“Amy, please.”

I closed my eyes, trying to calm my nerves when she spoke. “Honey, please, I’m doing this for you…try one last time.”

I wanted to shout out a big no but a tiny voice inside my head whispered ‘no harm in trying again’ and reluctantly, I agreed. Mom was pretty happy but I was just too irritated to smile at her, so I pushed my plate away and went back upstairs without saying Goodnight.

------------------

So, hey, as you can all see this is a new story. ^__^ And as for a spoiler this isn't some "trying to get my love back and finding another" story. It's much more than that and I hope you guys stick around to read it or well, your loss ! Haha xD

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

5.4K 150 41
She always made her life seem good to all her friends, so no one ever cared to take a deeper look into what it's liked behind closed doors. Everyday...
691K 19.8K 49
#𝟐 • 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥'𝐬 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞. ❝Be my girlfriend, Cassie. And I'm not taking no for an answer.❞ ❝I wasn't going to say no.❞ • When your best...
10.6K 264 22
Mackenzie Parker has had a crush on Wesley Carter since she was a freshman in highschool. As they get older her feelings start to grow, but get put o...
2.1M 83.2K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...