Love And Secrets

By sheszomi

Autumn grew up in a small town where her father was the richest man, she had a perfect life until it was ruin... More

Authors Reminders
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Preview of Beyond the Boundary

Chapter Nine

159 7 0
By sheszomi

Eight years ago

Kincaid's pov

She's avoiding me, but why??. After Calculus I went to find Autumn, I found her in the study area with some people. I approached her,  'she seems happy, but why the hell is she avoiding me'.

" Hey Autumn" she looked up and frowned.

" Hey, I didn't see you there, she said then turned to the people she's talking with and said "guys let's finish this later, okay??"  They all got the clue and left.

" Something tells me that you're avoiding me, is the thing right??" I said as I sat down.

" Uhmm, you're graduating next year, so I thought you will be in a hot seat, you know, studying hard" she says drawing circle with her pinkie on her palm. I noticed it and I took her hands in mine and looked into her beautiful eyes.

" Whatever the problem is Aut, you can tell me, I don't like it when people keep things from me"

" Fine, Lara told me that she's betrothed to you"

" Lara??, No she isn't, she's betrothed to Kyle"

" Oh" I drew circles with my thumb on her hand .

" Is that all??"

" Yes"

" And am sorry for how I treated you the other day, I had no right to be angry with you"

" No it's okay, I was also at fault, I should have just faced you....I was so...you what am......... what??" She said when she saw me staring at her.

" It's just that you look so cute, when you chatter"

" Thanks"

" Why do you like taking back your laugh or blush, it's not healthy for the skin" I stood up and kissed her forehead, " I will see you later, I have football practice"

" Okay, see you later"

Autumn's pov

I watched him exit the study area, 'damn it Aut get you shit together who exactly do you like??'  I should have asked him about Vanessa, but Lara said he loves obsessively, I gotta meet Susan, I can't be in a school for 4 years and still be lost in some stories.

I entered The White and Black, the school newspaper, I saw Suzy sitting facing her laptop.

" Hey Suz"

" Have you changed your mind??"

" No, but I came for a favouor" Suzy have been asking me to join The White and Black, since last month.

" What do you want??"

" There's a certain Vanessa I want to know about"

" There are many Vanessas in Eastside High, which one do you want to know about" okay doesn't she face the person she's talking to?, She has been facing her laptop, since I walked in.

" Am talking about the one that has a past, according to Avery she said that they call her  ' The Vanessa'"
She turns her chair to face me, finally!!

" Autumn, if you want to know about her, you have to join us, that story is classified, since it affects a student here, Principal Hoppins made the story a top top secret"

" So you're saying, you can't access the story??"

" Yes"

" If you can't, then how can I when I join, you're the president of this club"

" When you join The White and Black, all stories are open to you for a month, you get to read the top secret stories, and when any of those stories are leaked we will know it's coming from the TWABIES" she then added when I made a face " which is what we call ourselves here in the TWAB"

" Okay, I will get back to you or forget it am in"

" Really??"

" You're lucky that am so curious about Vanessa" I said frowning.

" Let's go meet, Miss Hoppins" she stands and we left.

After meeting, principal Hoppins, I'm officially a TWABIE, which is still weird to me. I logged in with my laptop, and entered the top secret stories, I  searched for Vanessa Morgan, just like Suzy told me.

The bell rang and I went to class, I will finish this at home. Mr Andrew entered and everywhere became quite as he taught Government, I was not in the class,  who is this Vanessa and why did miss Hoppins put her in the top secret.........
" .........miss Arison, Autumn??"

" Yes sir"

" Can you explain the terms, socialism and capitalism"

" Socialism is a set of Poland economic theories based on the belief that everyone has an equal right to share of a country's wealth and that the government should own and control the main industries"

" And their main aim??"

" The people's satisfaction, capitalism is an economic system in which a country's businesses and industry are controlled and run for profit by private owners rather than by the government"

" Their aim??"

" To make profit"

" You can sit, just like Miss Arison explained class that's the explanation...." And the bell rang,  "remember the quiz on Monday"

I went out to put some books into my locker happy that today's over, Avery came to my locker and leaned on the one close to it, reminding me of Lara.

" Mr Drews made a fool of himself, duh you're the highest in the our class and number 3 in the whole school, what did he expect, oh Aut, do you know who's number 1??" She said whispering the latter

" No I don't"

" It's Kincaid, I heard that Harvard offered him a scholarship to study Medicine, but he chose Law, like is it everyday that Harvard university picks someone from a town as small as Eastside, to study in their university??"

" Am sure he has his reasons, Ave"

" I was thinking you could tell me, since you guys are kinda...of...uhmm... close"

" I know you work for the TWAB, and you're seriously looking for an article to write, but why don't you ask him yourself??"

" But..."

" When you first joined the TWAB, did you read the Vanessa story??"

" Oh no I didn't, the football players heard I joined, and they came to me and told me that if I read the Vanessa story" she bent and added " they will cut my throat"  I gasped and she laughed, " just joking, they just me that the story is not interesting that it's one of those stories that girls use to keep other girls away from Kincaid Salvador, bye babes Adam is already texting me, see ya tomorrow"

" Okay" I closed my locker and went outside to the parking lot and saw Kincaid standing by a red Mustang, he was looking at his phone, I stood there looking at him for sometime, before he looked up and said

" Need a ride home?" He said smiling, then he hugs me and kissed my forehead, " I missed you" he said.

I chuckled and said " Is that your car??"

" Yes, isn't she a beaut??"

" Yeah it's really beautiful, uhmm are you ready to go??, I just joined..." Then I remembered the football players story, then his phone rings and he went aside to answer it.

After a while he came back, " You were saying something"

" Oh nevermind, is everything okay??"

" Oh, it's my sister, her friend bailed on her, they're supposed to get Manicure and pedicure this weekend, and I can't go with her, I got practice, I think I should ask Lara"

" I can go"

" Really??, That's wonderful, are sure you're okay with it??"

" Yes, and I could really use some Manis and Pedis too"

" Okay comon let's go"

Kincaid opened the door for me and I entered muttering a thank you.
A thirty minutes drive turned in a ten minutes drive with Kincaid's Mustang.
I was about to open the door but I hesitated and turned,

" Kincaid??"

" Uhhmmm" he looked at me

I leaned over and gave him a peck,"thanks for the ride" he smiled and said

"Anytime"

Immediately he drove off I ran inside, I dropped my bag and went straight to laptop to read Vanessa Morgan's story.
I found the story and started reading.

I gently closed my laptop, I can't believe this, ' Kincaid is a m...a...a...

who is this Vanessa Morgan??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.4K 51
๐ˆ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐š๐ฒ ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฅ , ๐€๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ฒ๐š๐ก ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ญ๐ก ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐๐ž, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก...
100K 3K 10
Emma (21) went out with her friends to Vegas after a terrible relationship. Killian (22) and some friends to Vegas for a bachelor party. When they b...
47.2K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2ร— on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
204K 10.3K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...