My High School Life [Rewritte...

By angellover254

(The first installment in the 'My Life' series.) "Whoever said, 'the more you lie, the easier it gets' was wr... More

1. [Isabella]
2. [Isabella]
3. [Amanda]
4. [Isabella]
5. [Isabella]
6. [Isabella]
7. [Isabella]
8. [Isabella]
9. [Isabella]
10. [Amanda]
11. [Isabella]
12. [Isabella]
13. [Isabella]
14. [Thomas]
15. [Isabella]
16. [Jason]
17. [Isabella]
18. [Jason]
19. [Thomas]
20. [Isabella]
21. [Isabella]
22. [Isabella]
23. [Thomas]
24. [Isabella]
25. [Isabella]
26. [Thomas]
27. [Isabella]
28. [Isabella]
29. [Jason]
30. [Isabella]
32. [Isabella]
33. [Jason]
34. [Thomas]

31. [Isabella]

479K 7.1K 1.8K
By angellover254

After the surprise date with Thomas, we spent the rest of the week together besides Christmas Day since we were both busy. He had something important to do while I spent the day with my family. And when I said family, I meant my whole family. My grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles flew in for our annual Christmas dinner. When my cousins first saw me they could hardly recognize me. Some of them even started crying, while others just stared. I was only able to awkwardly thank them, before my grandparents started showering me with compliments. Even though they already saw me at my birthday party, they couldn't believe their eyes. Apparently I had changed. They said something about a glow I had, whatever that means.

    "Little Beauty, are you almost done?" Thomas' voice echoed loudly.

    "Almost!" I called back.

    "Please hurry, Izzy," he pleaded, as I heard his footsteps pacing back and forth. "We can't be late!"

    I sighed and rolled my eyes at him. Since today was New Year's Eve, Thomas really wanted to take me to Time Square to watch the ball drop at midnight. So ever since he got here this morning, he'd been rushing me to get ready. I, of course, just wanted to stay home and watch the ball drop like every other year, but Thomas insisted we had to go. Saying something like living life to the fullest and whatnot. Eventually I gave up, and agreed to go.

    I put my sweater on, and walked outside. Almost bumping into Thomas, I covered a small giggle when I saw him pulling at his hair. He seriously needed to calm down, before a mental breakdown happens. Tapping his shoulder, he twisted around, and the look on his face was priceless. His jaw dropped open, as he continued to stare at me, blubbering incoherent words.

    "How do I look?"

    He shook his head, his eyes dazed. "A-amazing." He gulped, suddenly pulling me into his warm embrace. My eyes widened when I heard his rapid heartbeat. Feeling his soft fingers run through my hair, he brought me closer and whispered into my ear. "You're absolutely stunning, Little Beauty."

    "Thanks," I mumbled against his chest. I soon felt the familiar heat creeping up my cheeks.

    "Welcome." He bent down and kissed my forehead. "Now, let's go before all the good spots are taken," he said as he cupped my chin.

    "Thomas don't worry, it's only three in the afternoon."

    "I know," he replied, "but we have to get there on time, no matter what." His voice sounded determined.

    "Why?" I asked. It's not like we're going to be late or something.

    He blinked and avoided my gaze. "Um, no reason." He grinned mischievously. I arched a brow at him. What is this boy hiding? "Anyways, we can talk on the car ride there, let's just hurry," Thomas said and gently pushed me forward.

    I laughed and grabbed his hand. "Alright. But first let me grab my coat, or I'll freeze to death."

    He nodded, as I headed over to my closet. I grabbed the coat I'd laid out the night before, and quickly put it on. I then ran back into my room to see Thomas glancing at his watch. I rolled my eyes. He is such a worrier.

    "Come on!" I shouted, catching his attention. "Let's hurry otherwise we'll be late." As I rushed out of my room, I smiled happily when I heard the house at a peaceful standstill. Since I knew that Thomas was coming over today, I made sure everyone stayed in their rooms. I didn't need another disaster waiting to happen. 

    When we were outside, I met the driver that was supposed to take us to the train station. We decided at the last minute we didn't want to worry about finding parking spaces, with it being New Years and all. Most of the roads will be blocked off anyways by the time we get to Time Square, so it's better to go on foot.

    Saying a quick hello, I hurried into the backseat, Thomas coming in after me. Once we were safely buckled in, the driver took off without another thought.

After riding MetroNorth for an hour or so—we'd arrived on 43rd Street after a few miss turns thanks to Google Maps. I sucked in a big gulp of air when I saw the large crowd already forming. Multiple officers were gathering up a large section of people into pens as they started getting ready for tonight. Even though it was still daytime out, the city was nevertheless as beautiful as ever with its colorful billboards and flashing multicolored lights. As I looked up, I saw the white, crystal ball shining in all its glory with the new approaching year in yellow lights, ready for it to be changed.

    "It's so pretty!"

    "Not as pretty as you, though." He smirked, and wrapped his arms around me.

    Blushing bright red, I hid in his chest. Stupid emotions. Why was he still affecting me after all this time?

    "Come on, let's find a good spot to watch the ball drop," he whispered, his hot breath fanning my ear.

I nodded, not able to speak. Since that day, the slightest touch from Thomas brought a weird fluttering feeling to the pit of my stomach. At first, I tried ignoring my feelings, remembering the person he was before I lost the weight, but then that memory would get replaced by his soft kisses and his sweet smiles. I knew I couldn't pretend anymore. I liked Thomas. There was no denying that fact anymore. Especially since I couldn't stop smiling and blushing when I'm near him.

    "Don't let go of my hand, Izzy!" Thomas yelled over the crowd, while he squeezed my hand. I squeezed back in return. After some pushing and shoving, and being yelled at in five different languages we were finally standing on 8th Avenue.

    "Told you we'd get a good spot," I teased, poking him.

    "I know." He rolled his eyes playfully at me. "Now we've just got to wait here until midnight."

    I groaned, slapping my forehead. "That's another eight hours!" I complained.

    "Well, it's a good thing we ate lunch before we came here, right?" He laughed.

    I grinned. "Which reminds me!" I grabbed a Snicker's bar from my coat pocket. His eyes lit up at the candy. "I brought snacks and drinks just in case we get hungry!"

    He eagerly took the candy from my hand and ripped the candy bar apart. "So that's why you wore that coat," he mumbled around a mouthful of chocolate. "Smart."

    "I planned ahead since I knew they didn't allow backpacks."

    He stopped eating and stared at me. "How did you know they didn't allow backpacks?" he asked with a strange gleam in his eyes. "I thought you'd never been here before. Did you look it up?"

    "No I didn't . . ." I was pretty sure I'd never been to Time Square on New Year's Eve in the past, so how in the world did I know that fact without looking it up? It just suddenly came to me last night when I was thinking about what to bring. "I don't really remember."

    "Oh yeah. You did tell me you didn't remember your past so well."

    "Huh?"

    "Your past," he repeated. "You don't remember it, correct?"

    He remembered that? That was literally two months ago. "Right . . ." I drifted off. "I don't." I wish I did. I really did. I feel like I forgot something important, but I don't know what it could be. 

    "What's the first memory you remember from your past?" he asked.

    "Um." I bit my lips, trying to think. "Probably waking up in the hospital when I was ten-years-old, but I don't remember anything before that."

    "You were in the hospital?"

    "Don't worry." I waved my hand back and forth. "My mom said I just had my appendix taken out."

    He breathed a sigh of relief. "Okay, as long as it wasn't a life threatening disease."

    "Aw, were you worried about me?" I teased.

    He blushed and avoided eye contact with me. "You're my girlfriend. Of course I'll be worried."

    I stared at him speechless. I thought he would have denied it. Out of gratitude, I stood up on my tiptoes and gave him a quick kiss. "Thanks."

    He brushed his hand over his cheek in shock. "Y-you kissed me."

    I looked at him weirdly. "Yeah, I did. Did you not want me to . . .?"

    His head snapped up, his blue eyes fully alert. "That's not it!" he said, frantically. "It's just that, you kissed me. On your own. Without me initiating it."

    A wide smile stretched across my face, as I saw the effect I had on him with just a simple kiss. Now that I think about it, he was right. Since we started dating officially, he'd always been the one to start the kiss. But that was before I finally accepted the fact that I like Thomas a lot more than I thought. "I guess I did."

    His hand shot forward, engulfing me in a tight embrace. "Thank you," I heard him mumble into the crook of my neck.

    "Ah . . ." I said, taken aback. "Thanks for what?"

    "Thank you, Isabella," he repeated his words and ignored my question. "Now I'm certain." Certain? Of what? Certain that I can kiss him by myself? I didn't even get a chance to ask him to clarify when he spoke again. "Let's just stay like this."

    I cranked my neck to look up at him. "Like what?"

    "You." He paused, "in my arms."

"Izzy!" someone said, shaking me. "Wake up or you'll miss it!" the soft voice yelled again. 

    I blinked my eyes rapidly, my eyelids still feeling extremely heavy as I tried opening them. "What?"

    "It's almost time for the ball to drop!"

    "It is!?" I asked, completely awake now. "What time is it?"

    He laughed, tightening his hold around me. I smiled, laying my head against his chest. "It's almost midnight. You fell asleep after they had stopped singing."

    "I did not!" I yelled back, hitting his arm. How the heck did I fall asleep standing up? Let alone with all this noise?

    "Seeing that your eyes were closed and you weren't moving . . ."

    I huffed, blowing out a puff of air. "Well it's not my fault, you're comfortable," I answered him and crossed my arms.

    His small chuckle was drowned out by everyone's cheering and screaming. From the looks of it, the countdown was about to begin. Realizing this too, Thomas leaned in closer and placed his chin on my shoulder. "Let's count down together." His hot breath blew across my skin and sent a wave of shock throughout my body.

    As everyone began counting down, we joined in. "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two—" Before I could even say one, Thomas lifted my chin towards him and pressed his lips against mine. I gasped not expecting that kiss. He started to move his lips against mine, as I stood there, completely blank. He tilted his head, kissing me urgently—almost desperately, causing me to snap out of my daze state. When I started to kiss him back, I heard him groan softly. I smiled, knowing that I was the one making him act like this.

    I wanted to take the kiss to the next level, but as fast as the kiss began, it ended abruptly when he pulled away, breathing heavily.

    "Why did you stop?" I whispered, controlling my breathing as best as I could.

    "Look up there."

    I did what he said, and saw an array of fireworks blasting into the sky. They exploded into smaller groups of fireworks creating a flash of light, sending my eyes ablaze. They were all in different colors, ranging from red, to green, to pink as they popped; a thunderous sound echoing through the air. They were extremely eye-catching but compared to the fireworks we have at fourth of July, this was nothing.

    "Fireworks?"

    He smirked. "Just wait for it."

    I kept looking and saw the next set of fireworks blowing up into a heart-shape. My eyes widened when I saw what was written inside the firework as they ruptured into cascading lights, sprinkling down like rain. I bit my bottom lip, already feeling the moist liquid leaking down my cheek.

    "Thomas, y-you—d-did this for m-me?" I couldn't believe it. There's no way.

    "Yeah." He nodded, almost sounding nervous. "Do you . . . um like it?"

    "Like it?" How could I not like it? He freaking bought fireworks for me! "I love it! This has got to be the best gift ever—well besides the necklace," I added after feeling the weight of the necklace around my neck. Since he'd put it on, I hadn't taken it off. It soon became a symbol of our relationship, and if one day, I had to give it up, it would be the end of us.

    "I'm glad." He smiled as he ran his thumb across my cheek. "It took a lot of persuading." And probably a lot of money on his end. More tears rolled down my cheeks at the thought of that. He probably spent a lot of his savings for this. Money, he should be using for Megan or for himself. But definitely not for me.

    I sniffed as I tried to control my tears. "Thomas, tell me the truth." I faced him. "How much did it cost you to say, Thomas plus Isabella equals Forever?" I knew personalized fireworks weren't super costly but to have them display it on New Years Eve at Time Square? Yeah, that must've cost a lot.

    He shrugged and smiled sheepishly. "Doesn't matter as long as you liked it," he said, pulling me in for another quick kiss. I melted against his lips again.

    "So, that's why you wanted to go to Times Square so badly," I whispered. This was by far the best thing anyone has ever done for me. Even though I hated the fact that he spent his hard earned cash on me, knowing that he'd put in that much effort to just plan this, made me feel special and wanted. I just hope someday I'll be able to repay him back for this—even if it's not remotely as good—it's the thought that counts right?

    "Yup, that's exactly why," he said, smiling. "Happy New Year, Izzy."

    "Happy New Year, Thomas."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 6.7K 99
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
311K 8.2K 49
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘬, 𝘴𝘒𝘺, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ π˜₯𝘰 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘢𝘦𝘯𝘀𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.
256K 10K 44
#3 love- Wed, 3 Apr (2024) #1 yanderefanfic- Thu, 8 Feb (2024) #1 insanity- Sun, 28 Jan (2024) #1 obsessed - Thu, 15 Jun (2023) #3 crazy- Sun, 9 Jul...
173K 6.9K 50
- Sequel to Only on camera - In which, They both question if they will ever find their way back to each other