The Greek God

By summerblossom01

"Listen Astrid María Johnson, if you really want to get rid of me so bad, go out on a date with me. Just one... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
Please Read
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue
Thank you
HELLO SPECIMENS!
OMAGAD
May I Have Your Attention Please
Thank You My Specimens
Extra Extra Extra
Bonus Chapter Daniel and Astrid
Bonus Chapter Alex and Sasha

20

40.4K 1.2K 152
By summerblossom01

Daniel turned the car on and glanced at my direction, "you can back out now."

"Just drive," I scoffed as I rubbed my hands together. Daniel must've have noticed as he immediately turned the heat on, causing me to give him a grateful smile.

"Let's hope the roads won't be cut tonight!" I joked, making him chuckle as he shook his head with amusement.

After a few minutes, the car was silent, but it felt comfortable. There was no tension (other than sexual) in the air, which made me feel relaxed, but still, I secretly wished that he would start the conversation. I glanced at his direction and saw him firmly gripping the steering wheel with one hand, the other one on the driving stick and his deep green eyes focused on the road.

"I know you're staring," He smirked, making me blush. Dang it!

"Want to put some music?" He lifted his aux cord and handed it over to me, with his eyes

I gave him a smile and plugged it into my phone, "any song you want me to play?"

"Just put whatever you feel like putting," He turned to face me and gave me a small smile. I shrugged and pressed shuffle.

After some Bon Jovi, Post Malone and other artists, silence filled the car once again. Jesus Christ, what's with the silence?

"Any suggestions?" I asked.

"Dunno, I'm going to check the cd on my car," he pressed play and suddenly...

All you ladies pop yo' pussy like this
Shake your body, don't stop, don't miss
All you ladies pop yo' pussy like this
Shake your body, don't stop, don't miss
Just do it, do it, do it, do it, do it now

Daniel and I looked at each other in shock, until I couldn't hold it and began to laugh as he, red faced, did the same.

"Interesting choice!" I laughed, as he ran a hand across his face with embarrassment.

"Shut up, that was Alex's cd," he muttered.

"Sure, sure," I teased. "I believe you. Besides, I love this song."

I began to sing the lyrics and make a complete fool of myself as I dance along with the rhythm.

My neck, my back
Lick my pussy and my crack

Daniel laughed as he watched me dance. Sadly, he turned the music off, making me frown. "I refuse to listen to that shit."

"Fine," I huffed. "How about... Heart-shaped box by Nirvana?"

He looked at me and nodded with approval as I searched for the song and pressed play.

She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak
I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnetar pit trap
I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black

I watched Daniel as he drummed his fingers onto the steering wheel as he mumbled the words to the song. Even though his forest green eyes were focused on the road, the rest of his features remained relaxed, as though he was enjoying the song.

Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice, your advice

Holy shit he can sing.

Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet
Cut myself on angel hair and baby's breath
Broken hymen of your Highness, I'm left back
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back

Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice, your advice

She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak
I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnetar pit trap trap
I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black

I couldn't stop watching him sing the lyrics. He would close his eyes and swiftly move along with the guitar tune. I couldn't help but smile as he looked at me for a brief second and showed me his best smile. I'd be lying if I said that my heart didn't flutter.

Ew, so cliche.

Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice, your advice, your advice, your advice

As soon as the song ended, we stopped right in front of my house. I gave him a small smile and got out of the car, as he did the same. Silently, we reached my door.

"Well, I had fun tonight," I smiled. But he didn't return the smile. "Something wrong?"

"Aren't you tired of this?" He asked, causing me to furrow my brows. "This game, me chasing after you."

"I never asked you to play."

"Well I wanted to."

I remained silent, but he continued to speak.

"I like you Astrid," He lefts his beanie and and runs his hand through his tousled hair, putting the beanie back where it was. "Ever since you stood up to me, I couldn't take my eyes off you. You're so different from all the other girls. You don't throw yourself at me, something I've grown used to. I expected you to chase me, but in the end, I'm the one who's been chasing you. Somehow, I fond of that feeling, and I'm never letting it go. I've fallen for you."

I felt my heart beat a thousand miles per hour. Did Daniel Matthews just admit that he has fallen for me? Blushing, i dropped my head, looking at my dirty shoes.

"Astrid, look at me," He lifted my chin gently. "Look at me and tell me that you don't like me, and I will leave you alone. Please."

I hesitated for a few seconds until I looked into his green eyes and cleared my throat, "I don't like you, Daniel Matthews." As soon as I said those words, I regretted it. Daniel's eyes went from blank to be filled with pain and rejection. He looked away for a brief moment and then faced me.

"That's all I wanted to know," he leaned down and kissed me on the cheek, causing me to gasp and reach to touch it. "Goodbye Astrid." I couldn't move nor speak as he made his way to his car. I wanted to scream that I liked him, but my body was fighting against me.

I remained still as I watched him get into his car and drive away, getting smaller and smaller, until there car was out of sight. I exhaled and turned around, fumbling through my bag in order to reach for the keys. Once I got in, I rushed downstairs, ignoring Oliver who was asking how the birthday went. I threw Daniel's coat onto the bed as I headed towards the bathroom, locking it. My eyes burned from the tears that wanted to be released, but I fought them back as I sliced to the ground, clutching my knees onto my chest.

"Prima," Oliver softly knocked the door. "What happened?"

"Nothing," I cleared my throat. "You know, the usual; most of us got drunk and headed-"

"I was talking about Daniel."

Oh.

"¿Qué pasó?" He cautiously asked.

"H-he asked me if I liked him," I choked as my eyes continued to burn.

"And you said no, didn't you," he guessed. The tears were released and trickled down my cheeks. "Astrid, open the door. Por favor."

I wiped the tears away, got up and opened the door. As soon as I opened the door, the traitorous tears came out again, causing me to break down into sobs. Oliver quickly grabbed onto me and pulled me into his chest, resting his chin onto my head.

"I made a promise to Emilia," I whispered as more tears came out.

"Sometimes," he stroked my hair. "Promises are meant to be broken."

I pushed him away, "but she killed herself because guys like Daniel broke her heart."

"Guys like Mateo," he corrected as he looked down at me with a soft expression. "Guys like Mateo break hearts. Guys like Daniel put them back together."

I lead out a humourless chuckle and looked away, "you don't know him."

"You're right, I may not know him. But what I do know, is that every time someone mentions his name to you, I can see how your eyes shine. A shine that's so rare, it only appears for a few seconds. That shine died years ago Astrid, it came back when you met Emilia, but got lost again," he frowned lifting my chin up to meet my gaze. "But when Daniel came into your life, that shine came back, greater than it did before."

My eyes widened at his words. How did my cousin become an expert in love?

"How do you know all of this?"

"Because I've seen it all before," he smiled. "Besides, Friday nights watching romcoms served me right."

"You are such a dork," I chuckled as I gave him a hug. "Thank you."

"Ok, ok," he pulled me away and dragged me upstairs. "This cousin bond thing is getting on my nerves. Let's eat."

We headed towards the kitchen and the oven made a sound. "What are you making?"

"Pizza, four cheese."

I froze.

"What did you just say?" I whispered.

"Pizza, four cheese. You're favourite right?"

As soon as those words came out of his mouth, I began to replay all the events that Daniel and I shared.

Wow...you are one awesome guy!

Get over it. Because for you to insult a girl like that after a hook up isn't the best revenge in the world. In fact, it's disgusting. Pathetic.

One, start acting like a human being. And two, quit walking around like you're some fucking cliche.

You're kinda the first girl to ever confront him. And using those words and comments, well, curiosity got him.

Wow...speechless.

Why are you always acting so cold?

Well, maybe you should take a hint!

I mean, not answering your calls, leaving you unread, acting so cold...those are the signs that I'm not interested in you!

Well...I kinda see it as a challenge.

Of course you do.

Do I know you?

No...I'm just a girl that falls for your looks and your charm.

I'm just a girl...

I'm just a girl that falls...

I'm just a girl that has fallen for Daniel Matthews.

"Astrid!" My cousin shakes me. "What the fuck is wrong?"

"Oliver, how many beaches are there in Statesville?"

"Um, only one, why?"

"Does it have rocks at the end-"

"Of each side? Yeah. Why are you asking-" his eyes widened with realisation and quickly grabbed his car keys as I followed him.

We got into the car and Oliver drove at full speed towards the beach.

I looked out of the window and into the landscape, still remembering the events...

You're so mean and judgemental!.. the thing is, you don't even know me!

Oh I know enough

Do you really?

The car stopped in front of the beach and without saying a word, I jumped out of the car and bolted towards the beach. Once I could feel the soft sand underneath my feet, I looked around to find the only person that would be here.

My mother and I used to go here every night. We would lay here and listen to the waves-

Do you use this story with other girls?...save it.

I couldn't find him.

I'll think about it.

If that's possible, I mean with such small brain capacity.

Especially when it's full of you.

I took one more turn and...

There he was.

Standing right in front of the shore, with his hands tucked into his pockets, kicking the wet pebbles that were dragged into the sea continuously. His gaze was fixed onto the horizon and he still wore the beanie. I began to walk towards him.

Was Darwin right?

About what?

About evolution.

Holy crap you're beautiful.

I wouldn't miss it in the world.

"So that's it? You're just going to delete me out of your life?"

A thunderbolt was heard from afar. Then, it began to rain.

His body tensed and faced me. Even though his face remained stoic, an obvious wave of sadness passed through his eyes.

"I told you I was going to leave you alone."

I had enough, "this is what I hate about you! You just cut people out without letting them have a chance to explain their motives! You're just an entitled, spoiled boy that uses a man's-"

"Are you done?" His patience was wearing off.

"No I'm not done!" I ran my hands though my already wet hair. "The thing is, I haven't even started yet!"

Daniel's eyes widened at my words and released his hands from his pockets.

Another thunderbolt.

"God." That was the last thing I heard him say as he began to walk right towards me. He stretched out his hands to grab my face and smashed his lips onto mine.

Another thunderbolt.

I was taken aback by his actions, but reacted quickly, kissing him back. Both my hands moved up from his wet chest, to his broad shoulders, to his warm neck. Our lips moved in sync, creating a soft, gentle rhythm. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel some sort of fireworks erupting from the pit of my stomach. I'd be lying if I said that my heart didn't beat any faster. I'd be lying if I said that the kiss was horrible. I felt him tug my bottom lip in order to open it more, and I obeyed. As soon as I opened my mouth a bit more, his tongue entered my mouth, causing him to release a deep groan. Smiling, I pulled him closer to me, and this time, he smiled. However, this moment was cut short as he broke apart, causing me to frown. He must've have noticed as he chuckled, kissing me in the forehead and resting his onto mine. His hands moved from my face, to my waist as mine remained in the exact same place. We stood in that same position, in silence.

"It's better," he broke the silence.

"What is?" I asked as I looked up to him.

God he looked breathtaking underneath the rain. His exposed hair was dripping and his honey coloured skin seemed so fragile under the moonlight. I wanted to reach my hand and stroke it, but I had to contain that urge.

"Kissing you," He whispered. "I thought it would be good, but, it's incredible."

A warm fuzzy feeling filled my chest. Smiling, I pecked him one last time.

"You're not that bad," I teased.

"Oh really?" He mused.

"You know what they say, practice makes perfect." Daniel laughed out loud. Wow, that's music to my ears. Once he was calm, his grip tightened and pulled me closer.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do this."

"Well," I smirked. "What took you so long?"

We stood there, looking into each other's eyes and the thunder and lightning surrounded us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 9.1K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
1.5M 42.7K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...
931K 25.2K 60
"What are you doing here?" I ask but it comes out as a sob. I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to see me like this. I'm a wreck. Wyatt does...
338K 11.5K 44
"Daniel please-" He growled cutting me off mid sentence; making it obvious that he's pissed beyond belief. I never knew that telling him my past woul...