Loving You Dearly {BoyxBoy}

By ThatLonelyGirl

Being in love with your straight best friend is difficult. Having said best friend not really seeming to unde... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

Chapter One

670 21 2
By ThatLonelyGirl

WARNING: The following story involves romance between guys. You read the summery right. Bla, bla, bla. If this doesn't float your boat please sail out of my waters.

Now, um, this was actually a requested story! It's been about a year since I received the request and I'm just now filling it. Sorry about that. I just really did not want to mess this up. Tried to stay as true as possible to the characters and plot given, but of course things happen and I got really excited about this story. Also, the main character does have a sickness, and while I don't actually know anyone with the mentioned sickness, I tried my best to research it. So if any of you lovely readers would like to give me details or tips on how to write said sickness that would really help! Or, if you know one that would describe the main character's condition better. Also, if you find any false facts! Anyways, please enjoy~

Chapter One

E M I R Y

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning."

-LOUISL'AMOUR

     I pushed my books up against my chest and sighed as I leaned against my lockers. There he was. With his dark brown hair sweeping across head with absolute flawlessness. His hazel eyes shining in the sunlight. That smile of his that was so sweet and bright it could power a small world. I sighed once more as I watched the latest girl put her french tipped nails all over him. And for the second time this week, I would be walking myself home. I almost considered going over and checking in with my best friend to see if he would actually drive me home today, but when I looked back over – well lets just say her sticky lip gloss would be on his lips tomorrow morning.

It wasn't surprising that I was hopelessly in love with my straight, best, and only friend, but I guess that's what always happens. You always fall for your best friend in the most tragic and theatrical of ways. And yes, I was that one loner freshman kid that some how ended up being best friends with one of the most popular guys in junior year. I should be graveling at his feet. But that wasn't going to happen. I might be in love with him but even I knew how much of a hot headed player he is. Not to mention I've known him since forever. So absolutely no pity or mercy or gratitude was shown. To an extent anyways. He is, after all my only friend. I don't want him to leave me.

It's not like I didn't try to make other friends. But it was just hard for me to understand the concept of getting up and going out of my way to talk to complete strangers in the hopes of finding anything in common with them. And no one even tried to make friends with me. Well, I guess a few people did. But once they saw how extremely awkward, and shy, and weird I was they ran away. Of course there were some that tried to stick around. Tried to get me to open up to them. But in the end I could never get past my anxiety so I told them that I was sick and they would leave me alone. Not that I was lying. I do have a sickness.

But the absolute worse were the people that tried to befriend because of David. It was a tiring question. Being asked all the time how I was friends with him and why. I told them we were childhood friends but that brought up even more questions. And again, I just ended up telling them I'm sick and he did the whole "protective best friend" thing. They always wanted to know more though. They always wanted his number, or access to go over to his house – like I had that type of power. But the cherry on top – his parents are rich. So that was yet another thing that I tried to protect David from. People wanted to use him for money. It's the least I could do. Since he's always taking care of me. When he's not busy with activities obviously. I mean, it's not like David wouldn't invite them to parties and all these things if they just asked him, but I didn't really want to question it. I myself only went to one of David's famous parties. Long story short, David had to get me off of the roof.

David seems to have this way around words and somehow manged to not get me into any serious trouble – with my mom and saving me from you know, dangerous activities. He does have such a way with words and it's just so compelling that you really don't care whats coming out of his mouth, just that you'll always want to agree. But maybe that's because I'm in love with him and everything that he said sounds amazing.  I glanced back at David one more time to crush my spirits a little bit more and then pushed my legs forward. Trying to forget that dull ache in my chest trying damn hard to be noticed. I really didn't need this right now. I had to at least make it home before I have yet another breakdown about David.

It was becoming a bit of routine for me. At the end of the day I would go to my locker and get my stuff, find David making-out with some girl (the same girl as the day before if she's lucky), and then rush home to cry my eyes out. Or something like that. Sometimes I would get angry. Other times I wouldn't feel anything. And then there was the crying that I try desperately not to do. God, the last time my mom walked in on me crying she sent me straight to my doctor and therapist. They then prescribed me more pills.

It wasn't ideal. But it worked. It carried my life in a sort of okay direction. Not to say that I was in good health from this situation I found myself in. I don't really think that anyone could be. My mother is always the one who worries about me. Ever since I came out to her and told her I was in love with David she's been constantly asking me about my progression with him and how he's been acting. And most of the time it's the same – he continues to just ignore my feelings and all his stupid promises to me. But some days, he'll say something that sets me off. Just one tiny thing and it breaks me. On those days I don't wait to cry. The sky becomes duller and my backpack seems to be full of rocks dragging me down. And I just wish that the school hallways would open up and swallow me whole.

I finally arrived home and looked at my phone to find I had two text messages. One was from my mother kindly expressing her absence at home as she had to work late and the other was from David asking if I got home okay and explaining that him and Tia - as he thinks her name is - got caught up in some stuff that I would rather not hear about. I rolled my eyes at his weak attempt to give me some fake apology. He knew he wasn't sorry about going home with a girl. And guess today was a crying day – though, I tried not to cry too much.

I made me some peanut butter and apple slices and took them up to my room. I ate in silence. Watching the butterflies flutter outside of my window and then did my homework until mom came home. She made us dinner and went to bed soon after. The sun was just now setting and I sat on the roof and watched the sun set. My mother didn't like me sitting on the roof. Said it was dangerous, and I could hurt myself. But I did it anyway.

My mother worried about me for several reasons that where all very reasonable. I was sick – born with a extremely rare blood disease, that was apparently so rare they hadn't come up with a name for it. But from what I understood it was yet another type of anemia. Anemia normally deals with red blood cells and the over 400 types vary. But the type that I had caused my skin to stay extremely pale, fatigue, massive headaches from time to time, and gave me absolutely no chance of ever being able to lift weights much less my backpack that seemed to weigh a thousand pounds. Most of the time Anemia was hereditary. My father had it and passed it down to me. Although, he had a different type and got cancer and died when I was two.

It broke my mother terribly. But I didn't even know how much it had affected her until I was older. As a kid mom would take me to the little family owned toy store down the street and buy me things. We would go to the park and I would run around for a few hours. She would take me to the movies and we had a lot of fun. It wasn't until I was eight that I started looking at all the other kids around me and seeing them with their fathers. I asked my mom about dad and she started crying. It was the first time I had ever seen her cry. And I started crying as well.

She told me what happened to my dad and sometimes I really wished that I hadn't asked. Because I didn't want to end up like my dad. Dead. I didn't want my mom to feel pain like that again. I wanted her to be happy and to not have to worry about her son dying before her.

I also suffer depression from time to time because of being sick. And it was very tiring. On top of that I constantly gave myself emotional heart brake. Which also lead to depression. And while David does worry about me, I don't think he realized just how much he hurts me as well. A breeze that had me shivering slightly pulled me back into reality.The sun had almost gone down behind the tree tops leaving the sky a hazy purple and gold. The butterflies flew past me and into the wind. I sighed longing to be free from this vicious cycle. To be able to take off and fly in the sky with the butterflies.

After a while it became too cold for me to stay out on the roof and I quickly got back into the safety of my room. The wooden floor boards squeaking just a little before my feet hit my push carpet and I hopped into bed. It was only nine but I felt extremely tired. I reached over and grabbed my pill box and took my nightly three with the glass of water I had sitting next to my bed. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep. The pills working to regulate my body and help me sleep.

When I woke up the next morning, it felt like the same day. I went through the actions of my morning routine. Take my shower, put on clothes I already had picked out, eat the breakfast that my mom made, take my pills, and then start walking to school. I could have asked mom to drive me, but that would bring up question I didn't really want to deal with. And I'm too stubborn. And I would get a ride from David as normally he would drive me to and from school because my body shouldn't be working this hard, but he was more than likely still with that girl. Or working on the next one. I was exhausted by the time I got to school and I realized how weak I was in the morning. I wrote it down for the next doctor's appointment and therapy session.

The papers for today were already on my desk and I started to look over them as the teacher said something about a new kid. I didn't pay much attention to it and continued on with my day. I sighed and dragged myself through the day. Glancing at David a few times in the one class that I did have with him.

He looked beautiful like always. His dark brown hair was a little ruffed up today and his hazel eyes sparkling with mischief as he laughed. He was wearing a lose fitting white shirt and jeans that flattered his legs. I took note that his lips looked even more red today. Like that wasn't a problem everyday for me. He looked back at me once or twice during class, we had lunch together as always, but nothing else significant happened. And soon it was once again the end of the school day and I was at my locker grabbing and shoving things in and out of it. I felt someone come up to me and I closed my locker door to see David.

"Hey." He said and gave me a small smile. I pouted back at him and started walking down the hallway, knowing that he would follow me. He continued with a sigh. "I'm sorry, okay. I know that I shouldn't have made you walk yesterday... And this morning."

I walked out of the front doors and made my way to his car and sighed, "Whatever, David."

He unlocked the car and we got in. "Come on, Em. I'm sorry." He said as he turned to face me. I only stared out of my window. I wasn't that mad, really. I'm use to it by now, but I liked hearing him apologize to me. It made me feel just a little bit better when he kept apologizing until he was almost begging me for forgiveness. Sadistic, I know.

When he first stared driving, we were both excited. He had everything planed out. What time he would pick me up, were we would met up so he could take me home. We even when out on not-dates on the weekends just because he wanted to drive some more in his car. I called them not-dates because while they felt like dates to me, if I called them that David would probably freak out. Not that I didn't suspect that he knew I loved him. Maybe not extensively, but it's not like I wasn't blatantly obvious at times. Even I knew that. It was just at these times David would do something incredibility cute or funny or stupid, and it made me feel all floaty. And it probably showed all over my face.

But then David started getting more involved with girls. He even got a girlfriend last year that he got pretty serious with. I thought that that would be it for me. That he would probably be with her for a really long time and they might even get married and have kids. Obviously, I was preparing myself for the worse and trying to figure out how I was going to move on. I wasn't going to confess my love and cut him off. That would be stupid. I would swallow it down and be happy for him. Because I was. If David was happy then that was what mattered most. And he did seem happy. But I forgot that this was a high school relationship and I wasn't even going to the same school yet. And apparently they fought a lot. Which isn't surprising knowing David's temper.

David said that she got annoyed that he wasn't spending enough time with her. So that's when he started skipping out on giving me rides. He only skipped five times before he told me that he had broken up with her. I guilty did a happy dance inside. Mostly because I didn't have to walk anymore. But more so because I could still have a chance. When I first started high school it started up again, he started having some relations with a couple of girls. And once again – leaving his best friend to walk home. When he did this to me the fifteenth time I got extremely pissed off. I didn't talk to him for a whole month and almost killed myself with all of the physical exertion I did, but it didn't matter much to me at the time – again, stubborn.

During the first week of the month of silence, David was constantly apologizing and followed me around everyday trying to get me to talk to him. The second week he wouldn't stop calling me and texting me at all times of the day and night. The third week he just stopped trying all together and seemed to be losing sleep if the bags under his eyes were anything to go off of when he sluggishly walked into the classroom. That week, I almost broke.

The Monday of the final week he sent me two drunken voice mails. One where he was calling me all sorts of names and saying that he hated me. And the second one where he was crying for my forgiveness and said that he loved me. He obviously meant that in a friendly way but I played that voicemail a million and one times just to hear him say that and engrave it into my brain. Tuesday he left me a letter in my locker apologizing. Which I still have to this day. Wednesday he came to my house and brought me flowers and a candle, of all things. Thursday he demanded staying at my house even if he slept on the floor. And Friday he took me out to eat after school and I finally spoke to him.

It was impressive watching him try anything to get my attention. It was at this point that I realized just how much I loved him. And how much I depended on him as well. And it wasn't healthy at all. I knew along time ago that I should have tried to stop having these feelings. I mean he's sixteen and I'm fourteen (and a half). Even if he were to like me back it just wouldn't work. I could feel it. That two year difference was a killer. But I wanted him anyways.

I returned back to reality to find David still trying to get me to talk and the car hadn't moved an inch. I sighed and looked at him. "Fine, I forgive you. Just be quiet." He grinned ridiculously and started up the car. "But you have to take me to Subway."

"Deal!" He said, and we were off. We got to Subway in a matter of minutes. David smiled happily the whole way and insisted upon chattering away about the things he did today. I found it cute and smiled and laughed at him. And occasionally, he would take his eyes off the road to glance at me and give me this endearing look that made me stop breathing for a moment. And I had to look away from him, because it was looks like that, that made me think that he was cruel. That someone could do something like that and not hold any affection to it. Or even to not have knowledge of the persons affections for them. It was definitely cruel.

We got out the car and walked into the Subway. David order for both of us and payed for it. I went to sit at an empty table. The place was pretty empty – thankfully. But that also meant that whatever poor girl was working shift right now was going to be hit on by David. When I glanced up at the counter to see the next potential person to sleep with my best friend. I only found some guy. And maybe "some guy" wasn't really a nice way to put it. Super hot, would be another way to put it, but I didn't really say things like that about guys I find attractive. It was always a 'He's cute' and 'If only'. But he looked to be around me and David's age and was smiling cheerfully as David made a joke about something.

The super hot guy had floppy brown hair that sat somewhat gracefully on his head. He was quite baby-faced compared to the rest of him. He looked to be lean and had the littlest bit of mussel, but he was definitely fit. He looked over at me and sparkling green eyes pierced through me. He was beautiful. My weak heart gave a slight jump. But any thoughts of the guy at the counter were quickly defused when David started walking over. I smiled happily when David sat down across from me and gave me my sandwich while he started to eat his like he hadn't eaten in years.

Once we were done eating, David drove me home where I noticed that there were boxes sitting on the front porch of our neighbors house and I wondered when they got there. I assumed that I would be forced to bring over some of mom's sweets to the new and/or leaving neighbors at some point. Yeah, we were those neighbors. I tried to tell her multiple times before that there was no need to do that type of stuff anymore and that if we run into them we can say hello or bye. But no, she doesn't listen. She never really does unless it's about my health. Which is a constant topic. Or David. Which is also a constant topic. I sighed entering the house and greeted said mother with a kiss on the cheek. She smiled at me.

"Hey Sweetie." She said.

"Hey mom." I replied.

She asked me about my day and what I wanted for dinner and I answered briefly before heading upstairs into my room. I flopped down onto my bed and sighed into the fluffy comforter. My head was starting to hurt and I groaned reaching over to the bedside table and grabbing a bottle of pills, hoping it was the right bottle. I let out another sound of disapproval when it wasn't the right bottle. I sat up and reached for the correct one and then grabbed the freshly placed glass of water and swallowed down the pills. I sighed and laid back down on my bed. Homework was definitely not being done today. I felt too tired. And so I laid there and waited for the food to be ready. My thoughts filled with David and his stupidly lovely face. And I wondered why I was even trying at this point. He made me feel really happy, but also incredibly sad. I've know him forever and not once did my feelings for him ever go away or become destroyed.

I like to think that this is because I have been friends with him for so long. That I just got use to the constant stinging pain in my chest like it was just another thing apart of my sickness. Only, pills couldn't really help me here. I felt my pocket vibrate just as a soft haze was starting to form around my vision. I huffed out a sigh and looked at the text message from David.

David: Had a fun time going to Subway! And seriously dude, I'm sorry about yesterday.

I bit my lip and stared at the text for a while before clicking my phone screen off. There was no need for me to respond. Him seeing that I checked the text should be enough to satisfy him. I thought about laying back down and going to sleep, but decided to go against it. After another five or so minutes of staring blankly at my homework and trying not to fall asleep, mom came up to give me my food. I ate it sitting by my window. Watching the butterflies pass by. While eating I watched as a car pulled up to the house next door and a figure got out of the car.

They waved before heading into the house. I squinted to try and get a good look and that totally didn't look like the middle aged women that lives next to us. So it's definitely someone new living with her now or something like that. I sighed and finished up my food before going downstairs to clean my dish. After I shoved the plate and fork into their respective places in the dishwasher, I slipped on my sweater and shoes. Grabbing the container sitting on the counter I yelled to my mom about visiting the neighbors, and walked out the door. I huffed, as I walked up to their door and rang the doorbell before knocking.

I stood there for a while feeling slightly irritated that no one answered the door. Clearly someone was home as I just saw them come in, but whatever. Maybe they're just in the bathroom or something. I knocked on the door again and a few seconds later the door was thrust open. My weak heart decided it wasn't weak anymore as it slammed against my rib cage. The sparkling green eyes starred down at me, a lot less angry than when he opened the door.

"Subway dude." Was the smart comment that came out of my mouth.

"Friend of the guy that hit on me." He replied.

I nearly choked on my own spit. David had tried to hit on him? I slightly shook my head. No. He wouldn't. He promised. I glanced up at my neighbor and felt the blush slowly forming on my cheeks from my neighbor's intense staring. Well okay, I can see why he would want to hit on him, but still. No. David is ... straight. He doesn't like guys. He promised. He wouldn't.

I coughed awkwardly, "Um yeah. Sorry about that." I said – apologizing for David yet again. A small wind came through and my skin finally realized how cold it was getting. I really needed to get inside soon. My neighbor leaned against the door frame and held me captive with his staring. And just as I was about to stutter out an apology and run away, he spoke.

"So was there a reason you knocked on my door, or?"

"Right! U-um. Well, my name is Emiry and I was coming to give you these cookies my mom baked because she likes to welcome the new neighbors. So yeah, here you go." I said extending my hands with the container in them. His hand brushed slightly against mine and I couldn't tell if the tingles were from the heat of his hand brushing against my cold ones, or from the some what infuriating feelings of wanting his hand to linger a little longer. My neighbor gently smiled at me.

"I'm Tyler." He said, giving me this look that made my cheeks start to heat up a little more.

"Well, um... I-I hope you enjoy your cookies." I said and immediately ran away. Well, not run but you get what I mean. I didn't like this at all. Of course I was upset that David seemed to be interested in flirting with guys now, but it was mostly this new guy – Tyler. He seemed nice. If not a little overly nice from what looked like slight tiredness. He seemed to be around me and David's age. Oh god. Doesn't this mean he's going to be going to our school? Great. Just what I needed.

I headed to bed right after that. I needed the rest. Too many things were happening for my mind to keep up with and I had school tomorrow. Hopefully, David doesn't forget to pick me up.

A/N: Yes, hello. I hope you enjoyed this first chapter. It still feels kind of off to me. But, whatever. The second chapter sounds way better to me. Maybe it's just the awkwardness of a first chapter. Anyways, this chapter is of course dedicated to the lovely @A_rock for the amazing request. I hope this pleases you! And also, I'm having trouble finding people to play Emiry and David (I had some but I'm rethinking). Tyler is played by Tony Oller. So yes, if anyone has recommendations, please suggest! Until the next chapter my lovelies <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 796 22
Max was like most other people, very nervous to go to high school, but he's best friend, Zoey, was very exited. Max had a secret that only Zoey knew...
354K 12.8K 26
|| Description edited. || "I'm just an ordinary guy. There is nothing special about me." Ashton constantly told himself. Ashton was the only gay kid...
871 35 6
*MATURE CONTENT* They've been best friends since Tommy's first day of third grade. Now, with graduation behind them and college looming, Dan and Tomm...
291 27 13
Two best friends fall in love with each other but one of them has a pretty tough life. TRIGGER WARNING//also some sexy parts so... Complete