loyal┃markhyuck

By chogiwanese

╻donghyuck needs to keep mark loyal and he asks help from jeno╹ ❀ markhyuck (short story) ❀ chogiwa... More

⌜ intro ⌟
⌜ one ⌟
⌜ two ⌟
⌜ three ⌟
⌜ four ⌟
⌜ six ⌟
⌜ seven ⌟
⌜ eight ⌟
⌜ nine ⌟
⌜ ten ⌟
⌜ eleven ⌟
⌜ twelve ⌟
⌜ thirteen ⌟
⌜ fourteen ⌟
⌜ fifteen ⌟
⌜ sixteen ⌟
⌜ seventeen ⌟
⌜ end ⌟
⌜ special chapter ⌟

⌜ five ⌟

27.2K 1.9K 2.8K
By chogiwanese

he called me his.

jeno stopped feeling the cold breeze as they were hanging out on the rooftop and turned to donghyuck who finally spoke after a good ten minutes of being silent. ❝ain't that great?

but why do i feel like he is not mine?

you know donghyuck, in relationships, you really just have to trust your partner.❞ jeno said, leaning his back by the railings. ❝maybe those people mark is hanging out with are just his friends? classmates? random dudes?

letting out a sigh, donghyuck put his head down and played with his fingers. ❝i'm tired of this.

you're giving up?❞ jeno widened his eyes.

although he wanted it at first, seeing that maybe the two of them actually can make things work made jeno not want donghyuck to give up. he had a talk with jaemin about this situation and it makes him want to help donghyuck and mark but then again, he didn't want to interfere with them. jeno wants them to fix it for theirselves, he didn't want anyone to fix it for them.

if mark is not even loyal then what's the point of continuing, right?❞ donghyuck chuckled even though deep inside he was hurting.

he should have known that he was the only one serious in this relationship. sure, mark said that he loves him, mark is protective around him, mark cares for him, mark claims him as his, but is donghyuck really the only one mark is like that to?

who knows how many guys or gals out there mark loves, protects, cares, and wants to be his.

i want to be the only one.❞ the tanned male brought his knees together and hugged it tight. ❝but sadly, there are a lot of us.

jeno wanted to just bury mark alive for causing this mess and hurting his bestfriend this bad. who in their right might would actually an actual fluffball like donghyuck? but after hearing jaemin's explanation on mark's side, jeno still had nothing to do about it. it's only about them, mark and donghyuck, so he shouldn't join the mess. as much as jeno wanted for them to break up, he wasn't in the position to make the choice for them.

another way of making mark loyal is—

stop, jeno.❞ donghyuck begged, but not like the older listened.

tell him how much you love him. tell him who he is in your life and how important he is.❞ jeno said while giving the sad male his usual eye smile. ❝maybe it will open his eyes.

sighing, ❝right.❞ donghyuck doubts that it can change mark for the better good. after all those things he had tried, donghyuck doubts that a simple 'i love you' will do something. ❝it was so wrong of me to force mark into this.

i mean, from the start you did force him to love you back.❞ the older said, shrugging. ❝but hey, as time passed by, he is starting to love you for real.

the tanned male scoffed. ❝he's a playboy, jeno. he loves everyone.

was mark already too late? jeno sighed, just when jeno wanted for them to work things out is also when donghyuck is giving up. ❝are you really breaking up with him?

i'm sure it won't hurt him.❞ donghyuck then buried his head down to his knees. ❝but it'll hurt me for sure.

🎮

you're getting better at this sunshine.❞ mark said and placed his joystick down just to clap his hands at his boyfriend who finally won a round.

to be honest, mark purposely made himself lose. they've been playing video games for the whole morning and half in the afternoon and mark would always win every single round. mark pitied donghyuck who's looking down the whole time and decided to lose the recent round for him.

isn't he a great boyfriend?

since you won sunshine, what do you want me to do?❞ mark questioned facing the younger who's eyes are still fixed on the screen and hands fiddling with the joystick. the older tilted his head to the side when he noticed donghyuck not replying to him. ❝sunshine?

donghyuck wants mark to love him and only him but sadly, mark can never do that.

mark..❞ raising his head up and turning to donghyuck, mark froze from his place when he saw his eyes glossy. ❝i love you.

breathing out the air he kept in when he saw donghyuck looking like he was about to cry, mark smiled softly. ❝i love you too sunshine.❞ so much actually.

mark opened his arms wide and was about to engulf donghyuck in a tight hug but the tanned male move away from him and snuggled at the end of the sofa, confusing mark with those actions.

how much?❞ donghyuck mumbled but clear enough for mark to understand.

come here, is there anything wrong?❞ he looked so broken and mark just wants to comfort him so bad.

everything is so wrong.❞ finally letting the tears fall down, donghyuck placed the joystick down on the sofa and went to wipe his tears-filled face. ❝this is so wrong.

sunshine..

i'm sorry mark. i'm sorry for breaking down right here infront of you.❞ donghyuck sobbed, almost couldn't make up a sentence. ❝ah, why am i crying?

right, it's his fault in the first place anyways. he knew mark never had any feelings for him. they are just roommates and mark just treats him as a bro but no, donghyuck just had to force him to accept his confession and make him his boyfriend. he started this in the first place but he couldn't help but cry so hard as he was hurt.

you're worrying me sunshine. what's wrong?

shaking his head, donghyuck let out a forced giggle and wiped the tears that's falling to his cheeks. ❝i won right? that's great.

sun—

stop calling me sunshine. my name is donghyuck, lee donghyuck.❞ donghyuck said while looking away, not being able to see how sad and confused mark is. ❝since i won, i can order you to do anything, right?

not wanting to piss donghyuck more, mark only nodded and whispered out a yes.

then i order you to break up with me.

mark's eyes widened at what the younger asked him to do. ❝sunshine—

lee donghyuck.

sorry, donghyuck wanted to apologize. it must be hard for mark to be forced with someone whom he doesn't even love from the bottom of his heart. donghyuck should be ashamed that he's crying as if it's mark's fault when it's actually his. mark is innocent, he has done nothing wrong. donghyuck can't get mad at him for flirting with anyone and treating everyone as he's in a relationship with them. after all, he did force mark into this.

h-hyuck..❞ biting his lower lip, mark was slowly feeling his heart cracking at what is happening. ❝i can't do that.

but i won. you told me i can order you to do anything.❞ donghyuck was again crying his eyes out. ❝i order you to break up with me.

i won't do that.❞ mark stood his ground. call him unfair for not going with the rules of the game but he didn't want to break up with donghyuck.

you won't?

i won't, sunshine. i love—

then i will.❞ donghyuck said while standing up.

time seemed to stop for mark. sure, he admits that he isn't the best boyfriend donghyuck had ever wanted but people change. he can change, right? he can be who donghyuck wants him to be. guess it's too late for that now.

let's break up.

t b c

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 597 34
His tune was cold, yet his voice melted my heart. He was just ordinary, not extremely beautiful. Yet his pure white hair shimmering at night looked f...
225K 11.6K 101
"It's okay to be scared, but you have to go out there, open up, love, make mistakes, learn, be stronger, and start all over again." - Unknown
37.8K 2.1K 23
"Donghyuck? As in Lee Donghyuck? Haechan from nct? Donghyuck, as in my roommate?" Johnny asked, hoping to god Mark would say some other Donghyuck. Ma...
20.5K 920 9
as he gradually opened up, so did his feelings for the other.