X (SLOW UPDATES)

De AStoryOfPaperRoses

SEQUEL TO 'MATES WITH THE DEVIL'. After swearing to change his ways and become the Blood Alpha the world need... Mai multe

Copyright
How To Be Fixed
One
Two
Three
Four.
Five
Six
Eight
Nine

Seven

532 22 2
De AStoryOfPaperRoses

SEVERLY UNEDITED

--- (Name This Line?) ---

"She's absolutely stunning!" Carol gasps as she lays eyes on Mia for the first time. "She's adorable!" Candy smiled at Carol's reaction. Aside from Carly, Carol was one of the first to lay eyes on the newborn. Xavier and Candy had decided not to introduce her officially until she was at least six months old.

"Thank you," Candy said with a hum. She felt proud, in a strange sort of way, that Mia was considered cute.

"She looks so much like you!" Carol smiled brightly as Candy let her gently pick Mia up. "But, I can definitely see Alpha Xavier in her too." Carol looked awestruck. But this was common for pack members when they first meet their future Alpha. There was a slight pause before Carol piqued up again. "So, when did you get pregnant? And, what was up with the whole fake Luna and fake pregnancy thing?" Candy turned away. She didn't know how to approach the subject, especially since it's pack instinct to be protective of and see no flaws in your Alpha.

"Um..." Candy trailed, thinking hard about how she wanted to construct her sentence. "Well, it's not the prettiest story. I don't want to change the image of or the love and respect you have for Xavier."

"I mean, we all know he's not – well at least he wasn't – a good guy. We're not blind." Carol knitted her eyebrows. She knew what it was risky to voice such an opinion, but something told her that Candy knew exactly what she meant. "He was an abuser, sure. But, he didn't inherit this pack. He built it from scratch – he found the land and the people all by himself. Every single one of us here has a reason to follow him, to call him Alpha. Long story short, we all saw him for what he was before we join the pack. None of that, he-was-born-my-Alpha-so-he-can-do-no-wrong-in-my-eyes crap."

Candy stood there stunned. She hadn't expected Carol to go off on such a tangent, but it did open her eyes. Clearing her throat with a small nod, Candy started to explain everything to her from the beginning before she finished off with, "So, yeah, we never actually mated."

"Wow," was all Carol could muster. She didn't realise just how much Candy had been though. "You're so strong to have made it this far. I still can't believe you gave him a second chance."

"Yeah, I don't know. It's weird." Candy shifted her weight from one foot to the other. "Having Mia changes a lot of things. You know? I don't want her to grow up without a father, so I want this to work. Things have been good since the end of the war, but sometimes when I look at him, it's like I'm on edge, just waiting for him to snap or hit me." Candy blinked away some tears. "I can see that he's changing. But, something's been up with him lately, but I'm not sure what. But, I think it's something to do with why he is, sorry, was, that way."

"I can't even imagine how hard all this must be for you. Especially, since you've just been thrust into the public eye as well." Carol hummed as she rubbed her soft hand up and down Candy's arm, hoping to offer her some kind of comfort.

"Thank you." Candy nodded, but before she could utter another word, she was interrupted. She turned around, to look behind her. There stood a tall woman in a smart suit, with perfectly polished 2-inch heels, thin red-stained lips and a bun wrapped tightly atop her head. She looked strict and scary "Um?"

"Luna, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." The woman held out her hand for Candy to shake – which she did eventually, after a moment of confusion. "My name is Piper and I am your Luna tutor."

"Lunas have teachers?" Candy thought out loud before she could stop herself. Piper's face tugged into a slight frown.

"Of course." Piper cleared her throat slightly. "Alpha's learn their role while growing up, whereas Lunas are often mated into the position."

Candy ran her eyes over the woman. She was an older woman in her late fifties. Candy nodded slightly. "Are we starting now?"

"Will that be an issue?" Piper raised a perfectly threaded eyebrow. "Since you didn't join the run, I thought you might have some extra time to start your training."

Candy smiled back, her one eye twitched as she thought about what was in store for her. "Well, actually I'm watching the baby."

"Bring her with you." Piper pressed. "You will need to get used to carrying out your duties as a mother and Luna simultaneously. You are both; one responsibility does not stop for the other."

Candy cleared her throat as she looked back towards Carol. "I guess we'll have to catch up later."

"Have fun," Carol giggled through the newly established pack link.

"Thanks," Candy mumbled back as she stood up to shuffle her way over to Piper. "So, what's lesson number one?"

"I'm going to show you to your office, then go over your schedule for the week and give you a bit of background of how things run," Piper stated as she turned on her heels and started leading Candy towards a large building. It was pretty big from what she could tell. It wasn't the pack house, but she also wasn't sure what it was. "This is the Centre House where we hold large official meetings and events. Though you do have an office in the Pack House for smaller things and daily use, both you and Alpha Xavier have offices here too."

"Why do I need two?" Candy asked as she marvelled at the interior of the building. It was gorgeous, like the White House.

"You actually have three, but this is a matter to take up with the Alpha. This is his system." Piper hummed as she led Candy through a maze of corridors before stopping at a grand door. "This is your secondary office at present, but you can choose your preference once I show you the one in the Pack House." Candy just nodded as they entered the room. There was so much room Candy was convinced they could run a sports event in it if they wanted to.

"It's lovely." Candy gasped.

"I'm glad it's to your tastes, Luna. Alpha Xavier had it redecorated for you," Piper said casually. "Now, the general system is that every morning we shall meet to discuss your daily schedule and every Sunday evening we will discuss your upcoming weekly schedule." Piper picks up a diary from the white oak desk sat in front of the large window wall. "Essentially, I am your Beta until the Beta male has found the Beta female. My daughter, Ellie, will also be assisting you in your training and in your role as Luna after so she can prepare to be Luna tutor as well."

Candy just nodded. Her head was pounding already, this was so much to take in. She sat down on the sofa that was against the side wall. Mia was fast asleep in her seat. Must be nice, Candy thought to herself as she prepared for Piper's lecture.

*

*

*

A couple of hours later, Piper had explained how their tutoring sessions would go and how they would tie in with Candy actively carrying out her duties. They briefly went over her responsibilities and what's expected of a Luna and were currently confirming her plans for the week when suddenly, a knock interrupted their discussion. Candy looked over and to see Xavier standing in the doorway. "Good evening, Piper."

"Alpha." Piper greeted with a small bow of her head.

"I'm here to steal my mate back," Xavier said as he smiled charmingly at Piper. Not making any attempt to venture further into the room.

"She's all yours, Alpha. We were just finishing up." Piper offers Xavier a polite smile. "Go on ahead, Luna. I'll finalise everything. I'll see you tomorrow at the crack of dawn."

"Oh goddess, I really hope she doesn't mean at that," Candy spoke through the link. Xavier didn't reply, but she saw a small smile playing on his lips. "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow." Candy picked up Mia in the carry seat and headed towards the door. Xavier was holding it open for her but before she stepped past him, she stopped. "Are you not going to say hello to me too?" Candy vented through the link. She wanted to say it out loud, but she didn't want to embarrass him in front of Piper. She watched as Xavier's eyes flickered over to Piper, who was undoubtedly watching them before they returned to Candy.

"Hey," Xavier spoke softly. Candy thought that he would have leant down and given her a kiss or something. But, alas, he didn't. Candy huffed as she walked out into the corridor and walked straight ahead. She didn't know where she was going, but she kept walking anyway. "Why are you walking away from me? Are you seriously mad that I didn't say hi to you first?" She didn't look back, she just kept walking. "Candy!" Before she could turn the next corner, she came face to chest with Xavier.

"What?" She looked up at him, her lips pressed into a line.

"Talk to me." He looked at her blankly.

"Oh, now you want to talk to me." She rolled her eyes. She went to put Mia down, but before she could, Xavier gripped onto the handle and took Mia from her. "What's going on with you, Xavier? You've been distant with me all day and I know it has something to do with this morning." The moment the words left her mouth, Xavier took a slight step back and avoided her eyes. "See, look you're doing it now. The only time today you've actually acted like a mate was when we were in public." Xavier opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. "Come on, so we're not going to talk about this morning. About how I caught you practically choking a pack member? About how it's easier to just give up on your family?" Candy pressed. She was mad. She didn't know why she was as mad as she was though.

"No," Xavier finally mumbled.

"No?"

"No!" He snapped, growling at her. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Why not?" Candy slightly raised up on her tip toes. "Because it's quite fucking concerning if you ask me! I don't understand you, Xavier. You expect me to move past all the things you've done in the past, preaching to me that you've changed and that you're sorry. But, when I see you doing the same shit you were doing back then, you won't explain yourself – you don't want to talk about it. How do you think that makes me feel? Huh?"

"Listen, there are some things that I'm not ready to say and you're not ready to hear," Xavier said darkly as he growled at her.

"Why not? You don't think I can handle what you have to say to me after all shit you've put me through." Candy knew her words were hurting him. She couldn't feel it, he had long since blocked her out. But she just knew. Her anger and hurt were getting the best of her so she didn't care if she hurt him back.

"It was a moment of weakness, leave it at that." Xavier closed his eyes and took a deep breath, she could see him shaking a little. "I don't want to fight."

"Too late," Candy snapped back.

"Stop it, Candy. I'm warning you." She could see his eyes get darker as he gently put Mia down.

"Then talk to me!" She pleaded.

"I said stop!" Xavier's voice boomed as he commanded her as an Alpha, following it up with a loud growl. Candy pressed her lips together. She hadn't submitted, they were equals now so his 'Alpha voice' wouldn't work on her. But her fear of him had stopped her. All she could see right now was the old Xavier, just like this morning. She put up her barrier on their link, so he couldn't tell how she was feeling. But she knew he would know that she blocked him out. She looked away as she attempted to hold back her tears.

Taking in a deep breath, she picked up Mia, who was starting to stir in her seat – she always seemed to sense when they were arguing. Without a second look at him, Candy turned on her heels and headed back the way she came. If she was lucky, Piper would still be in the office to show her how to get out.

She could hear Xavier's heavy breaths get lighter as she walked away. "Candy, wait."

She stopped and turned her head sharply to look him dead in the eye – not caring that hers would be red from tears. She didn't say anything. She just waited for him to speak. "I'm going on a land exhibition to officially form alliances with packs and fixed my past actions." He paused, hoping she would say something – anything. But she suffocated him with her silence. "I'll be gone for two weeks." Candy's eyes didn't waver as she looked back at him coldly. "I leave tonight." Xavier sighed and with that, Candy gritted her jaw as she turned continued walking away. Not parting with another word.  

***

Ooooooo, what's Xavier hiding from Candy? Is he reverting back?

Until next time!

Hope everyone had a nice Easter! 

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

All my love,

Popcorn

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

53K 2.5K 18
*18+ Sexual/Violence Content Warning - Read At Own Discretion* A vicious smile touches his lips as he seems to read my intentions. "I knew it w...
4.1M 125K 62
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...
24.2K 721 49
Jeon Jungkook is an alpha ,who is cold but he is lonely inside .He doesn't have a mate he wants someone to care for him, love him but he never says h...
362K 7.7K 40
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...