My brother's best friend

By YUDKBHT

"Get a hold on yourself you silly girl. He is Maheshwari, you are Aggarwal. He is a player, he is extremely h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Cover
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Important Note
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Note
Prevention is better than Cure
Fun amid Lockdown
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Eulogy
Chapter 32 (Draft)
Epilogue

Chapter 22

4.4K 332 187
By YUDKBHT

It was a warm and pleasant afternoon, no one living in Ahemdabad could deny that, but the people of the VJN University, particularly the members of Sameer Maheshwari's gang were having one of the best afternoon of their lives.

Preeti was elaborating about the number of posters she had prepared singlehandedly, Swati was clarifying her important contribution in the speech, while Rohan was trying to convince a classmate that he was Rohan Somani and not Rohan Maheshwari, and that he was still Sameer's brother. Sunaina and Mitali were still praising their good luck and fashion sense, because in their own words, "........ aakhir fashion se hi toh elections jeette hai na." Arjun was explaining the clear relation between cricket skills and winning elections to his fellow teammates, Munna was telling about how he taught his special public speaking skills to Sameer while Pandit was busy moaning about his impending treat of samosas in the canteen.

On the other hand, Karthik was positively thrashing Priyank with his shoe and sharing his suspicion about how his votes got stolen, while Mohit Rana was abusing the student population for their bias and unjust judgement. The SMFG's were singing the Sameer hymn at the top of their lungs, and the cricket team was busy making a list of the required extra equipments for practise that they needed to inform Sameer about. The principal and JBR were still explaining some important duties of the college president to Sameer, though they had already started speaking twenty minutes back. The latter was busy mouthing "sorry" and "abhi aa raha hoon" to his girlfriend, who was looking extremely displeased due to the prolonged lecture of the principal, which was acting as a barrier in her love life.

The principal ended her lecture ten minutes later, but Sameer was irritated beyond limit by then, and his tongue was already itching to be shoved down Naina's throat. Finally, JBR got the old rectangular bronze badge with clear words,
VJN Student's Council
President

He came forward and fixed the badge on Sameer's chest, while the latter glanced at his spectators proudly. He supposedly waved at Munna, though his eyes were glued to Naina who was blushing at his so-called public display of affection, but Munna's pride had already rose by a few centimeters. The next moment, Sameer bent down and took blessings from all his teachers, with the crowd muttering "kitna sanskaari hai yeh" and the girls were busy in their, "shaadi ke baad mummy papa ke pair bhi aise hi chooega." These girls were standing at a paticularly dangerous point, since they were at the receiving end of Naina Aggarwal's death glares. She strode over and tightly held the hand of her sister Preeti to calm down her anger, but her sister looked quiet confused and worried for her mental health.
"Kitni besharam aur chipku hai yeh ladkiyan",Naina muttered angrily, confusing her sister further.

"Kaun ladkiyan Naina? Tu theek hai na? ", Preeti enquired worriedly and checked Naina's temperature.

Realising what she had just said, Naina's eyes widened in shock and she tried to cover up hurriedly, "Umm.... haa bilkul. Mujhe kya hona hai.... Tu kuch bhi bolti hai Preeti." Naina suddenly looked more than interested in Munna's elaboration about his and Sameer's friendship, but Preeti had already sensed that something was extremely wrong with Naina. "Kuch toh chupa rahi hai mujhse", she thought.

Unbeknownst to all the conspiracies and firm resolves taking place around him, Arjun Aggarwal stood at one corner, proudly gazing at his best friend and his latest big achievement, when a tap on his shoulder claimed his attention. He turned back, only to see Karthik and Priyank standing beside him, with Karthik glaring at Sameer and his hand on Arjun's shoulder. Arjun looked quiet irritated at the interruption,
"Karthik tujhe kya chahiye? Agar phir se bakwaas karni hai toh jaa yahaan se"

"Are dekh Priyank ", Karthik raised his eyebrow at his so-called friend, "Sameer ka chamcha bolta bhi hai". The duo then burst out laughing, but Arjun didn't seemed too pleased.

"Main uska chamcha nahi dost hoon. Aur ha...", Arjun looked straight in Karthik's eye, ".... humse bachke rehna. Bhulo mat ki ab power Sameer ke paas hai, aur tumhare trustee ka pota hone ka raub kuch nahi kar payega."

Karthik was about to retort back angrily, but a malicious grin spread across his features and he composed himself. "Are nahi Arjun tu mujhe galat samajh raha hai.", he spoke very softly, confusing his own self with his voice. "Maine toh wahi kaha jo log tujhe samajhte hai- Sameer Maheshwari ka khareeda hua bandar...." Arjun glared at him, but he hurriedly rearranged his words, "....mera matlab maine unhein yahi kehte huye suna hai. Aur dekha jaaye toh yeh sahi bhi hai. Matlab har badi post, chahe woh captain ho, ya phir President ho, uske liye Sameer hi ladta hai. Kabhi tujhe mauka kyun nahi deta."

Arjun appeared to be in a deep thought and Karthik pretended to look genuinely concerned about him, but Arjun replied back proudly, "Sameer ka election ladne ka mann nahi tha. Hum logon ne hi use force kiya tha. Aur rahi baat captain ki..." he paused ".... toh woh use coach ne khud diya hai. Ismein hum log kuch nahi kar sakte."

"Wahin toh Arjun...." Karthik glared at Sameer, ".... tumhare dost Munna Pandit humesha Sameer ko hi kyun saare bade kaam karne ko kehte hai? Kyuki woh use apna leader samajhte hai. Accha mujhe yeh bata" he turned to Arjun seriously, "Ki Sameer ne yeh kyu nahi kaha ki Arjun election lad sakta hai, Arjun election jeet sakta hai. Main batata hoon, kyuki woh tujhe apna chamcha hi samajhta hai."

"Ab tu waha dekh", Karthik pointed at Sameer who was conversing with the teachers, and waving at his cheering crowd, "Sameer kaisa feel kar raha hoga. Principal uski baat sunegi, college ke log uski baat maanenge aur sab log use aur zyada bhaav denge. Tu imagine kar", he again turned to Arjun, maintaining a steady eye contact, "ki Sameer ki jagah tu khada hota aur log tere liye cheer kar rahe hote. Woh badge tujhe milta aur teri behnein Sameer ko hero na maankar tujhe hero maanti."

The last taunt stroke Arjun harder than the previous ones. He turned to gaze at his sisters, who were happily cheering for Sameer along with Munna and Pandit. He had always wanted this. Which brother wouldn't? Which brother wouldn't want to be a hero for his little sisters. Though he had successfully maintained a protective and indifferent approach towards them, he had always loved them deeply. He had always done what his family had asked him to do- maintain a dictatorial relationship with these two tiny dolls and protect them at all costs. A casual friendship was never needed, "but if only he had maintained it earlier", he thought, "their bond would have been so different." Was Karthik right? Has he lost his sisters? Is he truly Sameer's chamcha? Most importantly, will his sisters never call him their hero?

Karthik smirked at Arjun, who had a defeated and pained expression on his face. He winked at Priyank, and mouthed "phas gaya" to the latter. The duo then strode over to the canteen leisurely, leaving behind a worried Arjun.
_________________________________________

About fifteen minutes later, Sameer could finally be considered "free" since his conversation with his fellow students had finally ended. However, the gang was jumping in anticipation by then. Munna had already bored Swati and Rohan with the excessively long story of his and Sameer's childhood friendship, Pandit was clutching his stomach and moaning about "yaar chuhe mere pet ko kha jayenge. Please samosa khila do." Naina was glaring at Sameer and complaining about him to Preeti, "yaar yeh Sameer kab ayega". Preeti was extremely curious as to why she wanted to see Sameer and Naina was forced to cover up with, "are mujhe kya kaam hoga Sameer se. Mujhe bhook lagi hai lekin hum sab Sameer ke bina thodi na jaa sakte hai." Sunaina and Mitali were looking disgustingly at Pandit and muttering "kitne uncivilised log hote hai duniya mein" to each other.

Sameer finally strode over to the gang, only to be engulfed in a large bear hug with Munna, Pandit and Rohan. They broke apart, and the three of them became busy in ruffling Sameer's hair or giving him a playful punch or muttering "yaar kitni der lagadi tune". After Sameer had successfully convinced them that he was very much free now, he turned to the three first years and spoke affectionately, "Thank you very much. Main yeh sab kuch tum teeno ki help ke bina kabhi nahi kar pata." he smiled at them. He then faced the others and announced loudly, "Dekho aaj hum sab pagalo ki tarah thusenge. Campa, snacks, pastry, cake sab mangaenge aur party karenge. Bill main dunga."

Pandit looked extremely happy with the announcement and he had already started deciding the number of samosas he had to eat, Munna was still stuck to his friendship mode and he was busy recounting a similar incident that happened in the childhood. Rohan was happily staring at an overjoyed Preeti who was happily chatting with her sister and her friends. Sunaina and Mitali were busy nudging each other and muttering, "Inn teeno chipkaliyo ko thanks bola, lekin hum dono, jinhone itna saara kaam kiya aur advice di, unhein woh bhool gaya." Most people had already decided to ignore the controversial statement.

"Lekin abhi mujhe principal ke cabin mein jaana hai. Unhein kuch zaroori kaam tha mujhse." Sameer declared apologetically, and the others had already began muttering "abe nahi yaar", "dhat teri ki" and "tune mana kyun nahi kiya". The wide smile and excitement had already dropped from Naina's face. "Tum log Red Rose pahucho, main unse milke aata hoon.",Sameer offered, and the others began dispersing and started heading towards the Red Rose.

Before Naina could move three steps further, a hand quickly traced her spine and a pleasant, familiar voice rang in her ears, "Music Room". Her heartbeats quickened and she felt liquid heat pooling between her legs. Before she could reply to him, rather even think about responding, she heard Sameer's footsteps moving to the other direction. Her face reddened, her hands trembled, and legs felt wobbly. She walked a little ahead of the others and managed to get out,
"Uhh.... woh main pani pee... peeke aati hoon"

The others nodded and muttered some "jaldi aana" and "hum wait kar rahe hai", but Swati contradicted her,
"Naina tu Red Rose mein pani pee liyo na. Kahaan itna door jayegi chalke."

Naina was at loss of words. What can she say? When no idea came to her mind, she became quiet disheartened and started with, "Haa theek hai main....."

"Swati use jaane dete hai na",Rohan shot up in the conversation "matlab Red Rose toh aur door padega na. Aur maine dekha ki Naina ko dehydration ki wajah se fainting ke symptoms ho rahe the." He added smartly, but the gang looked extremely confused by then.

Swati couldn't recall if Naina was getting dehydrated, it wasn't that hot after all. Sunaina and Mitali were struggling to find the relation between dehydration and fainting, while Munna was looking questioningly at Pandit, "Abe Ponga yeh dehybaration kya hota hai?" If possible, the latter was much more puzzled. His eyebrows furrowed and he answered, "Abe Chenu shayad jo log khaane se pehle pani nahi peete, unhein dehybaration kehte hai." Munna looked at him weirdly and asserted, "Toh tu bhi toh kabhi samosa thoosne se pehle pani nahi peeta, tu bhi dehybaration hai kya. Chal chodd. Yeh bata ki seemtompas kya hota hai....." and it continued.

Naina however gazed gratefully at Rohan and spoke,
"Tum sab jao main abhi aati hoon"

"Ruk Naina mujhe bhi library jaana hai. Yeh.... " Preeti got out a book from her bag, ".......book mujhe wapas karni hai. Chal chalte hai."

Naina again looked clueless as to what she should say next, but Rohan again acted as a saviour.
"Preeti lekin library toh opposite direction mein hai na. Tumhein kaafi time lag jayega. Use kaafi pyaas lag rahi hai..... Umm.... Naina tum jao" Naina headed towards the Music room with extremely quick steps that could be referred to as almost running, while the others resumed their journey to the Red Rose. Sunaina had even uttered a "kaash usi pani mein doob jaaye" to Mitali. When Preeti looked like she wanted to interject, Rohan added "Main tumhare saath chalta hoon. Mujhe bhi ek book leni hai."

Preeti was about to decline, but Mitali was quicker in responding,
"Nahi Rohan woh khud chali jayegi na. Waise bhi...." she gave a dirty look to Preeti "...... itne time se yahaan time paas karti hai, abhi tak rasta yaad ho gaya hoga" she then gazed adoringly at Rohan "Main khaane ke baad tumhare saath chalungi. Usi bahane walk bhi ho jayegi." she grinned flirtatiously at him.

Sunaina was looking proudly at Mitali, Swati was worrying about Mitali's health since no one messes with Preeti and gets away with it. Munna and Pandit were still looking confused, "Abe ponga yeh teeno ek hi chakkar mein library kyun nahi chale jaate. Aaj kal logon mein dimaag hi nahi raha"

However, Preeti just passed a wicked smile to Mitali and spoke sweetly, "Rohan tum please mere saath chaloge. Mujhe tumse kuch zaroori baat karni hai. Aur Swati...." she turned to her friend ".... tu itne mein sabke liye kuch order kar liyo. Bekaar logon ki tarah time pass mat kariyo" The last line was definitely aimed at Mitali, but no one in the gang felt bad for her. Preeti turned her heel and headed to the library, with a very proud Rohan at her side.

Munna gave a quick glance to his fellows and nudged Swati. She turned to him and he got something out of his pocket. Swati's face immediately brightened and she nodded vigorously. Munna gave a quick slap to Pandit and shouted, "Yaar tu order de hum donon aate hai." Pandit then found himself heading to the canteen with Sunaina and Mitali, while a joyful Munna headed to the college parking armed with Sameer's bike keys.

On the other hand, Naina pushed open the door of the Music room and excitedly looked around, but Sameer was nowhere to be found. During the long walk to the Music room, the innocent first year had barely managed to hold down her excitement, and it was already ready to burst by now. "Sameer kaha ho tum", she called out, but she wasn't met with an answer. The very next second, the door of the Music room had suddenly shut down by someone and a hand had wrapped itself around Naina's slender waist. She smiled when she felt the familiar touch on sensitive flesh, and whispered, "Maine tumhein bahut miss kiya Sameer". The latter pulled her closer and Naina turned to him, so that the sides of their bodies were rubbing against each other. Naina stiffened and stared at him in anticipation , while he brought his lips close to her. She could feel his hot husky breadth on her ear, as a pleasant shiver ran down her spine. "Sameer... tum yeh kya...", she managed to get out the sentence in whispers, but the next moment, Sameer placed a soft kiss on her neck. He then showered kisses from her jawline to down her neck. Naina bit her tongue in an attempt to suppress the moans coming from her mouth, while he caused unexpected sensations in her body. He grinded their bodies together and gently licked her earlobe, causing her to collapse against him. He finally brought his lips to her mouth, while Naina shuddered at the heavenly feeling, her body going completely weak. His tongue slid across her bottom lip, asking for entrance, which she denied. He coaxed her a little more and pinched her waist, causing her to gasp and finally open her mouth to him. He smirked against her lips and used his tongue to stroke her jaw and maneuver it's way around her mouth. The duo melted against each other and kissed ferociously, until the basic need to breathe had overpowered them and they had broke apart.

A couple of minutes more and the duo became busy in snogging the living daylights out of each other again and again, with Sameer's tongue finally feeling satisfied and well kept. His hands moved from her waist and reached her breasts, and Naina gasped at the sensation. He gently massaged her soft flesh and pulled her more closer, until there wasn't any visible space between them. His leg wrapped around Naina's slender ones, successfully securing her to him.

They kissed a few times more, after which Naina threw her arms around his torso and rested her head on her chest, while he held her to him. "Thank you Naina. Har cheez ke liye", he whispered and tightened his hold on her. "Ismein thanks bolne ka kya hai? Main tumhare liye kuch bhi kar sakti hoon.", she spoke enthusiastically and placed a soft kiss on his heart. No one could exactly guess that what in those simple words had hit Sameer, but something had definitely stirred inside him. Closeness + Attraction= Love. He repeated it again and again. But how can he fall in love? He is Sameer Maheshwari, the man who can never fall in love with someone. The man who is disgusted by every single advance from a girl, aimed at him. The man who could never allow a woman close to his life and heart. What had changed?.

As they walked over to the canteen together, Sameer couldn't help but stare at her beautiful smile and the innocent face. She was lovely. He again drank in the sight of her familiar features, the features that haunt him in the night. Her hair were open and fell to her waist in waves. Her hairstyle highlighted her beautiful almond shaped hazel eyes, which were sparkling in contentment. Her face had no makeup, not that she needed it anyway. The dress she wore was hugging her body, and his gaze had already implanted itself to her perfect curves, the curves he had touched and caressed so carefully. Out of our reflex, he entwined his hand with her delicate ones, and Naina smiled at him. His heart leaped inside his chest. Everything was so bright, so happy, so perfect........ What has this girl done to him?

They reached the canteen atleast twenty minutes later, thanks to the speed of the snail they had made themselves accustomed to. The plan was simple, take the longest route you can, walk as slowly as possible, cover the minimum distance in the maximum time you can manage and stop as occasionally as possible. This could help them kill time, and enjoy the feel of the other's hand for a longer time.

As Sameer pushed open the door of the Red Rose, Sameer noticed his entire gang seated on their table, with two chairs left empty for both of them. He strode over to the chair and sat down, and Naina settled on the adjacent chair.
"Yaar Sameer tu toh Principal ke paas gaya tha na, tujhe Naina kaha mil gayi?" Pandit asked.

"Are ha bhai, aapko itna time kyu lag gaya", Rohan winked at Sameer.

"Are woh pani pee rahi thi, toh maine use dekh liya. Phir main use bhi yahaan le aya." Sameer answered, and pretended to be busy in eating his cream roll.

"Waise kya kaha Principal ne?", Arjun asked curiously, but Sameer just shrugged and replied casually,

"Are kuch nahi. Bas duties ke baare mein bata rahi thi. Tu kya krega sunke, bore aur ho jayega." This didn't go too well with Arjun. log tujhe samajhte hai- Sameer Maheshwari ka khareeda hua bandar.... Karthik's hurtful words echoed in his mind yet again. He was hit with uncertainty and mistrust, but he let it slide off for now. "Hamein ladwane ki koshish kar raha hai", he reasoned.

All this while, the gang was occupied in its own world. Sunaina was busy trying to touch Sameer's foot with her own, while Mitali was staring flirtatiously at Rohan, making him quiet uncomfortable in the process. The three girls were chatting with Pandit, but Naina was busy controlling Sameer's hand, which was tracing and stroking her thigh. The latter was quiet confused as to why Munna was forcing him to drink water before eating, but Munna had a strong reply, "Abe tu dehybaration ho jayega. Meri baat mana kar" Thankfully, the food arrived soon enough and Sameer was saved from being forced to drink another glass of water.

While Pandit was eating his samosas and muttering "hmm.... kya samosa hai. Kitni der baad khaya hai maine." and Sameer was passing his half eaten cream roll to Naina, Preeti remarked,
"Waise ek baat hai. Yeh election toh Sameer ko hi jeetna tha. Kitne acche se speech boli usne. Tumhare alawa kisi aur ke jeetne ka koi chance hi nahi tha."

"Are apna bhai hai hi aisa. Ek dum hero hai"

"Ek dum sahi bola Munna ne, Sameer tum best ho." Naina asserted and smiled at Sameer.

As the gang erupted in praise for their very own President, the smile from Arjun's face dropped. Matlab har badi post, chahe woh captain ho, ya phir President ho, uske liye Sameer hi ladta hai. Kabhi tujhe mauka kyun nahi deta. But the praise for Sameer hadn't affected him, they were childhood friends after all. He could never envy his brother Sameer. What truly pierced him, was Naina and Preeti's reference to Sameer as a hero. Sameer ki jagah tu khada hota aur log tere liye cheer kar rahe hote. Woh badge tujhe milta aur teri behnein Sameer ko hero na maankar tujhe hero maanti.

"Waise jaadu toh speech mein tha. Naina ne likhi hi itne acche se thi." Arjun said, and Naina was overcome with shock. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. Was it a dream? A facade?

"Ek second.... " Pandit stood up and abandoned his beloved samosa for sometime, "....... matlab tu kehna chahta hai ki tu, woh speech Sameer se better bol sakta tha."

"Mera matlab woh nahi tha Pandit. Lekin ha, shayad main bhi acche se woh speech bol pata. Mujhe nahi pata."

"Abe tu rehne de..." Munna interrupted ".... stage par bhi apna cricket puraan shuru kar deta. Log mar jaate teri baatein sunke. Phir uss langoor Karthik ki jagah tujhe ande aur sade huye tamatar padd rahe hote." Everyone burst our laughing, while Arjun felt embarrassed. He couldn't help but think, was he really a just chamcha? Was he that talentless, that his own friends had no trust on his abilities? Was Karthik right after all?

"Ab saare bakwaas band karo aur jaldi apna khana khatam karo. Phir ghar bhi toh jana hai na." Sameer announced, and the gang again became busy in stuffing themselves. Arjun was still absorbed in deep thought, but no one seemed to have notice it.
_________________________________________

"Naina tumhein bahut accha laga na, jab Arjun ne tumhari taareef ki." Sameer asked Naina, while his entire gang was walking towards the parking in order to head back home.

"Aur kya. Mere bhaiya ne pehli baar meri itni taareef ki hai. Tumhein pata hai Sameer, woh na sabse zyada best hai. Mujhe pata hai... "she gazed at her brother lovingly "....ki woh dikhaate nahi hai, lekin phir bhi mujhse bahut pyaar karte hai. Yeh meri life ka sabse best day hai."

Sameer smiled at his innocent girlfriend, but added playfully, "Accha, lekin Arjun toh mujhse zyada pyaar karta hai. Hum best friends hai na."

Naina seemed quiet offended and angry," Jee nahi. Tum toh baadmein aaye the. Bhaiya mujhse sabse zyada pyaar karte hai. Main unki choti behen hoon na. Tum chup karo"

Naina crossed her arms to her chest and looked away, while Sameer laughed at his innocent girlfriend. "Accha theek hai, Arjun tumse zyada pyaar karta hai. Ab khush." Naina then brought her gaze to him, and smiled brightly. "Ha bahut khush"

Suddenly, Pandit's gaze fell to a kulfi stall and he shouted, "Are dekho kulfi wala" The loud voice interrupted Naina and Sameer, and they finally brought their attention to what was being discussed in amongst the gang. After a bit of interrogation and coming up to date with what were they discussing, Sameer found himself heading to the kulfi stall to bring kulfi and faluda, while the girls waited near the car.
"Yaar mujhe Bhi woh eco ka question samajh nahi aaya "

"Preeti tujhe kal hi toh bataya tha na maine. Accha phir se sun..." while Swati was explaining the certain question to Preeti for the fourth time, Naina too listened attentively.

"...... are ha yaar. Jaldi Sameer ko propose karungi. " the loud pitched voice of Sunaina reached Naina's ears, and she became shocked. How could she propose to her Sameer? She then remembered how she had hugged him, and a similar burning sensation filled her stomach. "Aaj toh problem jadd se nikaal kar rahungi", she resolved.

She headed to the two girls standing at the corner and stood in front of them. The girls obviously weren't expecting her, because they seemed quiet shocked.
"Sunaina mujhe tumse kuch baat karni hai...." she looked at Mitali and added, "....umm...akele mein"

"Woh meri best friend hai. Jo bolna hai yahin par bolo." Sunaina spat at Naina, but the latter just sighed.

"Ho sakta hai ki yeh baat tumhein thodi buri lage.... lekin mujhe bolni hi padegi.... Sameer tum mein interested nahi hai Sunaina. Tumhare yeh sab karne se kuch Nahi hoga. "

Sunaina glowered at Naina and stumped her foot angrily.
"Ohh accha.... Sameer mujh mein interested nahi hai. Toh kismein interested hai...." she pretended to think "....tum mein interested hai kya?" As Naina gave her a shocked look, Sunaina just smirked, "Mujhe sab dikhta hai Naina. Yeh jo tum donon ke beech chal raha hai na, woh bhi. Lekin tum yaad rakhna, tum sirf ek time pass ho. Tumhari jaisi kitni ladkiyan aayi hai uski life mein, aur tum jaisi ko usne use kiya aur phekk diya. Ab khud hi socho" she crossed her arms "tum uske status ki nahi ho. Uske nanaji uski shaadi karwaate huye business mein faayda dekhenge aur mere Papa unke purane client hai. Toh college mein raub jhaad lo, baadmein toh mujhe aur Sameer ko saath hona hi hai. Shaadi mein zaroor aana"

"Aisa nahi hai.... Sameer toh.. "

"Oh please" Sunaina interrupted her, "agar use tumse lagaav hai to Arjun ko tumhare baare mein kyu Nahi bataya. Chalo Arjun ko choddo, baaki sabko kyu Nahi bataya? Accha yeh bhi choddo, usne kaha ki woh tumse pyaar karta hai?" As Naina appeared at loss of words, Sunaina smirked and sauntered off, leaving a worried Naina in tears.

As an exhausted Naina lay in her bed, she couldn't help but think about Sunaina's words. No matter how rude she was, she was right. Sameer had never raised the topic of telling the others about them. He had never said that he loved her. It had always been, "Main tumhein like karta hoon". He had never said that he wanted to see her after college, let alone marry her. Was it that easy for him to leave her? Come to think of it, he had held so many hands before her. He might have liked those girls, he might have felt close to them, those girls might have felt like her. How was she any different?

"Naina tu mujhse kuch Chupa rahi hai na" A voice interrupted her thoughts, and Naina stared at Preeti in horror.

"Nahi..... tu yeh kya bo... bol rahi hai. Main... kya chupaungi. Mujhe bahut neend aa rahi hai. Good night. "she stuttered and Preeti sat up with a start. Naina then rolled over to the other side and pretended to be asleep.

" Tu kuch bhi kehle Naina. Main tujhe bahut acche se jaanti hoon. Tere munh se sach nikalwakar hi rahungi." Preeti spoke in a defeated and disappointed tone, and again laid down to sleep, while Naina wiped off a lone tear that had leaked from her eyes "kab tak tujhse chupaungi Preeti......" she thought

P. S Sorry.... I couldn't update yaar. But in my defence, my exams are going to start. No. I am not going on a break again. I will keep updating like this.

P. P. S I hardly know any of you yaar. I am not able to connect with my wattpad readers and reply to their comments properly. So how about you guys share your name and what you liked in the story?

Ok i will start. My name is Anshika.  I like this story because I am it's writer.... 😁 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 837 14
Secluded place, beautiful evening, unexpected encounter, heart to heart conversation...what will it lead to? Language - Hindi & English
500K 7.6K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
200K 11.4K 53
Book Two of the Kyon Series Can two different individuals also find their love in the biggest love marriage of their families' or will they part way...
6.1K 397 60
Totsiens means UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN mi Amor means MY LOVE batuk roy Chowdhury , a young promising advocate ,he is a extrovert,short tempered, impulsiv...