Rebel High

By RebelsDarkness

Living the high life wasn't all fun and games. With were Empires that took decades to build could fall in sec... More

Note!!
Lesson One
Lesson Two
Lesson Three
Lesson Four
Lesson Five
Lesson Six
Lesson Seven
Lesson Eight
Lesson Nine
Lesson Ten
Lesson Eleven
Lesson Twelve
Lesson Thirteen
Lesson Fourteen
Lesson Fifteen
Lesson Sixteen
Lesson Seventeen
Lesson Eighteen
Lesson Nineteen
Lesson Twenty
Lesson Twenty-One
Lesson Twenty-Two
Lesson Twenty-Three
Lesson Twenty-Four
Lesson Twenty-Five
Lesson Twenty-Six
Lesson Twenty-Seven
Lesson Twenty-Eight
Lesson Twenty-Nine
Lesson Thirty
Lesson Thirty-One
Lesson Thirty-Two
Lesson Thirty-Three
Lesson Thirty-Four
Lesson Thirty-Five
Lesson Thirty-Six
Lesson Thirty-Seven
Lesson Thirty-Nine
Lesson Forty
Lesson Forty-One
Lesson Forty-Two
Lesson Forty-Three
Lesson Forty-Four
Lesson Forty-Five
Lesson Forty-Six
Lesson Forty-Seven
Lesson Forty-Eight
Book 2!!! Please read
Second Book!!

Lesson Thirty-Eight

12.6K 388 110
By RebelsDarkness

Lesson Thirty-Eight - Stop Acting Like You Live Twice.

Throwing my keys at Richard as I stormed up the steps to my house he caught them perfectly. Not even surprised at all to see me pushing my way past everyone to find my twin brother.

He had told me that he would met me back at the house and that everyone was already here. I didn't know what that meant but I didn't care. My mom was missing and that was the only thought that kept running through my head. I wondered if this was how she felt when I was kidnapped.

Me and mother might have our differences but I didn't hate her. I would do anything to keep her safe she was family at the end of the day. For family you would do anything. They didn't always need to be blood related. Jake and Sky were included in that statement as well.

Walking into the living room I seen my brother standing there but he wasn't alone. He wasn't joking when he said everyone was here.

The one that stood out the most though was Xavier Kennedy, Riker's father and my mother new husband. He was standing there like he ruled the world and maybe he did for all I knew. I did know one thing though, in this house I made the rules.

"If it isn't Lyra." My name came out smoothly from the man. To anyone else it might have made them fear what was going through his head. To me though, it just pissed me off.

"That's my name being a bitch is my game." I narrowed my eyes at him before speaking again. "What are you doing in my house?"

"I was just speaking with your brother and dad about what to do next."

I noticed that he was wearing a suit that would cost probably more than 10,000. Probably pocket money to a man like him. No one really knew how much he was worth. Riker had claimed we made more 'clean' money but that doesn't mean they don't make more.

"What we need to do is find out who took her. Your father and me are talking about it as we speak we have our best people on the case." I don't understand how he was speaking so calmly. Almost like this was a every week occasion. I couldn't believe I was saying this but my mother could do a lot better than him.

For the first time though I turned to look at my father. There was worry written on his features but I could see he did his best to cover it. It made my features softened, I wondered if this is what he was like when I was taken. 

"Lyra." Snapping my attention to Riker, he nodded to the side telling me he wanted to talk in private. I looked back at my dad to make sure he was ok with Xavier before turning and walking behind Riker.

"Where were you?"

I looked at him confused what has that got to do with him. "Out why?"

He was studying me trying to work something out. "Your mom told me earlier she was going to met you."

I stood up straighter, there was something wrong with this situation. "I haven't talked to her since the interview."

My mind started to go into overdrive. It was probably the same person that texted her pretending to be my brother. I was at Zane's place and I could tell he was telling me the truth when he said he had nothing to do with it. I knew the person that traced the phone though wasn't wrong. I trusted Ben with that stuff, he was the best at what he did. The person that was responsible for all this was under Zane's roof.

Riker must have noticed me being lost in my own thoughts because he called me out on it.

"You know something don't you?"

Looking up to him I seen a dark look at come over his features. His personality doing a complete 180 from the one I was used too. This was the Riker that his Mafia seen. He didn't scare me though. I wasn't one of his little bitches.

"Did you trace the phone?" I Asked trying to take the attention away from me.

"No I haven't had time with everything going on." He took a step back and really looked at me. I could see his mind working, trying to put everything in place. "Though Princess, I have a feeling you got past me and have already done it yourself."

"What makes you think that?"

Riker wasn't able to answer as his dad had walked over to us and interrupted. I was actually happy for his presence at the moment. Riker knew to much, he knew to much about how I think and I didn't like that at all.

"Sorry to butt in but what ever you have to say don't you think you can share with us all?"

Snapping my eyes up to Xavier they narrowed dangerously. I didn't care who he was or who he thought he was but he didn't get to speak to me like I was eight. I could sense that Riker stiffened beside me at his father's presence but what ever the man did to his son he did nothing to me. I didn't fear someone like him.

"No I don't think I will. What me and Riker speak about is none of your business and it never will be. I don't give a flying fuck about who you are, you don't get to speak to me like that."

I was waiting for the shouting match to happen but nothing came. A dark grin just came over his features and turned to look at my father.

"She is a lot like her mother Blake, I guess it's true what they say. That fighting nature only runs in the girls."

The annoyance was quickly taken away and it was replaced with confusion. My mother was no fighter. She was annoying and pushy but she wasn't a fighter more so if it meant it would ruin her nails.

I looked over at my father who I could see was giving Xavier a warning glare. It was the most hate I had seen come from my dad in a long time. There was clearly something going on and I didn't like not being in the know but I also didn't like someone disrespecting my dad.

"Excuse me." I said snapping Xavier's attention back to me. "Did you not just hear why I said? Don't talk about me like I'm not in the room and don't talk to my dad like you know better than him."

He raised his eyebrow and crossed his arms. "You sure are a little bitch you know that right?"

I rolled my eyes and gave him a pointed look. "Well I woke up and spun the wheel of attitude and guess what? Yep it landed on bitch again like has done for the last seventeen years. So why don't you either help us find my mother and your wife or get the fuck out of here. Cause frankly you're in my way and the last person to do that quickly regretted it."

Uncrossing his arms he gave me a grin but this time it was an amused one and that didn't pass by me so good. "You know if I had a daughter you're what I hoped she would be like. You take no shit kid I like that."

Giving him my own snarky grin that was completely fake I responded. "I hope one day you choke on the shit you talk."

"OK!" I snapped my attention to my dads raised voice he was giving me the look to shut the hell up and like a child I just stuck out my tongue at him. "We need to stop this we have bigger things to deal with right now."

"I wouldn't worry. Who ever took her doesn't actually want her. They are either trying to get to me or your family." Xavier looked completely calm like he didn't care about the situation at all. This man was able to piss me off in so many ways. I was starting to think what my mother seen in him. Oh yea, money.

"So you just want us to do nothing?" Asked my father completely disbelieving.

"They will probably contact us and when they do we will be ready for them."

I had admit Xavier had already got everything sorted and came up with the plan of action. I didn't like the thought of doing what he said though. I didn't do being told what to do at the best of times never mind by him.

I heard the door to the living room open and Richard walked in still holding the door handle. "Master Hayden and Master Alex are here."

My whole face lit up at the sound of my two brothers being home. Without a second thought I ran out of the room pushing past Richard and into the hall. I jumped into Hayden's arms and gave him a big hug.

"What are you doing here?" I asked all excited but then I remembered about our mother. He came home because she's missing. "Don't you have training?"

"I took some time out. I was going to do the same for you as well but by the time I found out about it everything was sorted."

It seemed like such a long time ago from I was kidnapped. They were fucking idiots thinking they could get that money from my family. They wouldn't be the last either.

I then turned and looked at my oldest brother Alex. Me and Alex weren't as close as I was to my other brothers and I was pretty sure the only reason he came home was because he such a mommy's boy. I was happy he was here though. We were still blood at the end of the day and I would do anything for him the same way I knew he would do anything for me.

"You get time off too?"

Alex scoffed. "I basically run the company Lyra. I can take what ever time I want."

Clearly he was the same as always. A dick.

"I think I should be going now."

Turning around I seen Xavier start to make him way out of the house. His car already sitting out the front. He sure wasn't wasting anytime in leaving now that my brothers were here too. Riker I noticed was going as well. They were probably away to set up there next move.

"Keep me updated." Said our dad and Xavier sent a nod his way before the door closed behind him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
Anarchy High By Nat

Teen Fiction

378K 12.9K 49
SECOND BOOK OF THE HIGH SOCIETY SERIES!! NEED TO READ REBEL HIGH OR ELSE THIS WILL MAKE NO SENSE!! It's three days until the start of Senior year...
3.3M 109K 42
Bad boys/ players. I hate them, they think they can just walk around and get any girl they want. Well hello, not every single fucken girl...
315K 2.8K 16
Kendall Lockwood spent her life in the shadows of other people. She was athletic but her brother, Austin, was the star quarterback. She was popular b...