AKDHA VERSION: MARRIAGE-A SAC...

By Tatianabhardwaj96

Is it okay to get married to someone you don't love? Is it okay for parents to get their kids married to some... More

Part-2

Part 1

1.2K 15 0
By Tatianabhardwaj96

Tired, langyid is what she felt whe she woke up. Her whole house was decorated just like a bride. Yes, it was her wedding. The only daughter of one of the biggest enterpreneur was getting married. Every relative and guest wants to see her blushing, happy whenever they teased her.... but in their own excitement they didn't saw the forlorn look in her eyes

1 month ago (9 August 2018, 5 pm)

Jodha's family stood in their living room. Jodha was crying continuously, whereas Bharmal was standing there hurt and angry asking for an answer from his beloved daughter, who was most loved among his three children. Everyone says daughters are most close to their fathers, it was true in their case too. Being the only daughter Bharmal loved his daughter like anything, his morning start with ginger tea prepared by his daughter and ends after talking with his daughter even-if it is for a while.

"What is this Jodha?" asked enraged Bharmal showing her the cards she has received from Jalal showing his love towards her. The cards which were once the reason of her happiness now turned the reason for her misery.

She didn't wanted to hide about Jalal and relationship but was scared of their reactions. Scared they won't love her any more, scared they won't agree and get her married to someone else
Her mother was crying continuously while her sister-in-laws were trying to console her mother, her brothers stood their shocked with the turn of events

"Papa, I... I love him, he..."

"Bas!!, I don't want to listen anything now, we gave you everything you desired, everything you ever asked for, but you did this to us? I didn't expected this from you out of everything Jodha. Your wedding will be fixed with the groom I select for you, and you will get married as soon as possible. And yaa don't thinl of trying something foolish, it will be my last day on earth as my pride matters to me the most even more than my own life.

Everyone standing their gasped as they didn't expected Bharmal to talk like this, he was very practical man. Guess this situation brought the new side out of him

The anger of her father told that it was not a lame warning, her father can surely do this

If she loved Jalal like anything, she loved her family no less

'I won't do anything papa, I won't!',tears skipped her eyes as she assured her father, 'till this wedding, then even you won't be able to stop me from dying before someone else touch me, thought Jodha.'

Present day

Her alliance was fixed within a week, it was relief when she didn't had to meey grooms family as her father fixed the alliance when he went meet them for the first time. No one showed her picture of groom, not that she was interested
The tears in her eyes have dried. Her mother do talk to her, she feels her mother has turned distant towards her. Her father too see her now and then but never talks to her. Her brothers are always busy making preparations for her wedding, they smile at her whenever they see her but their smile never reached their eyes. Her whole world has turned upside-down. She wanted to contact Jalal but her mobile was snatched by her father.

'Look Jodha didi, your mehandi has turned dark brown, jiju will love you the most!!' that was when Jodha looked at her hands. She was always fond of applying heena on her hands, but the heena which held great importance in every girls' life was just a pattern of flower and leaves for her. She tried to act of feeling shy but dint knew whether she succeeded or not but the content smile on her cousin's face told her that they were sarisfied.

"Okay girls, its time for Jodha to get ready and you get ready too as I know that you will take more time than the bride to get ready" said her eldest bhabhi with teasing smile while entering the room, which was enough for teens to run to their rooms

The venue of wedding was decorated very beautifully. Why not, it was a matter of pride and love for his daughter, though Bharma was angey from her and hurt because of her, but he felt it was his duty to do atleast this much for her.

Mandap

'Call the bride' said the priest while chanting mantra. There sat a groom whose face was covered with wreath doing pooja

She felt nervous while coming towards mandap as everyone was looking at her continuously, trying very hard to take a look at her face except her would-be-husband who was doing pooja. Her fas covered with a long veil as she doesn't want anyone to look at her red eyes which her pain, her suffering.

She sat beside him being careful not to touch him as she cannot even think to touch anyone except her Jalal. Thought of Jalal brought tears in her eyes which she thought were dried from crying continuously

'Stand up for the pheras please', said the pried and started chanting the vows of marriage

She stood up with the help of her bhabhi, while her soon-going-to-be-husband stood unaffected

For the First Vow, the Groom promises: om esha ekapadi bhava iti prathaman meaning You will offer me food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide welfare and happiness for you and our children. The bride complies in return:dhanam dhanyam pade vadet I am responsible for the home and all household, food and finance responsibilities. Concisely, the bride and groom promise each other prosperity by fulfilling their respective roles in their lives.

Home, which home her only home turned to be punishment for her as no one talked with her or the home she dreamt of building with her Jalal.

For the Second Vow the groom says: om oorje jara dastayaha, meaning Together we will protect our house and children. The Bride in return promises kutumburn rakshayishyammi sa aravindharam, which translates as I will be by your side as your courage and strength. I will rejoice in your happiness. In return, you will love me solely.

Love.... For me love has only one meaning that is Jalal even he is snatched from me. How can I love someone else

During the Third Vow, the Groom says, om rayas santu joradastayaha by which he means May we grow wealthy and prosperous and strive for the education of our children and may our children live long. In return the Bride promises, tava bhakti as vadedvachacha, meaning I will love you solely for the rest of my life, as you are my husband. Every other man in my life will be secondary. I vow to remain chaste.

The only who came first in preference except my family is Jalal, how can I get him out of my heart when the only reason for my existense is only  Jalal

During the Fourth Vow, the Groom declares om mayo bhavyas jaradastaya ha by which he means You have brought sacredness into my life, and have completed me. May we be blessed with noble and obedient children In return for this promise, the Bride says lalayami cha pade vadet, by which she means, I will shower you with joy, from head to toe. I will strive to please you in every way I can.

When I cannot feel happy how will I make you happy. Not only I am cheating Jalal I am cheating you too as I won't be able to fulfil the expectations you have from me

'Bride please come forward' said the pried which was followes robotically by the bride

For the Fifth Vow, the Groom says, om prajabhyaha santu jaradastayaha, which means You are my best friend, and staunchest well-wisher. You have come into my life, enriching it. God bless you. To this the Bride says, arte arba sapade vadet or I promise to love and cherish you for as long as I live. Your happiness is my happiness, and your sorrow is my sorrow. I will trust and honor you, and will strive to fulfill all your wishes.

Trust.... She felt like laughing she will be break his trust when he will get to know about the love I have for someone else

During the Sixth Vow, the Groom asks, Rutubhyah shat padi bhava which means Now that you have taken six steps with me, you have filled my heart with immense happiness. Will you do the kindness of filling my heart with happiness like this for all times? to this the Bride replies, yajna hom shashthe vacho vadet meaning I will always be by your side.

For the Last and Seventh Vow, the Groom says Om sakhi jaradastayahga, by which he proclaims We are now husband and wife, and are one. You are mine and I am yours for eternity. The Bride accepts this proclamation and says Attramshe sakshino vadet pade, which means As God is witness, I am now your wife. We will love, honor and cherish each other forever.

They sat down after completing the seven vows

'Now, tie the Mangalsutra' asked the priest

'Fill her maang with vermilion', said the priest while passing vermilion to the groom

Suddenly, the lights went off, everyone turne stiff, someone called the manager to check the problem.

'Please fill her maang or else auspicious time will end'

Groom filled her maang, though the light of holy fire was enough to see where vermilion was, enough for her bhabhi to help her witg veil, but no one was able to see her face as the way her veil was held, it was hiding face with its shadow or else everyone would have seen tears, pain and suffering in her eyes.

The manager successfully solved the problem and lights were turned on

"JODHA"

NOTE:

The credit for vows and their meaning goes to google😊. If you liked it please vote and share your views, it will surely help to motivate me to write more. Thank you for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 95 10
Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world publ...
5.3K 394 26
South Korea's top celebrity Kim WooHyun wakes up one morning unable to remember what happened last night. Did he sleep with his manager/best friend Y...
353K 22.4K 42
Zach and Yasmine are two teenagers just trying to get through life by keeping their head held high and never letting their hopes drop. Although this...
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC