The Lies That We Tell

بواسطة emliarad

❝𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢�... المزيد

𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥
𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚
𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐭
𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞
𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐝'𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞
𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞
𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩
𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫
𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐜𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝐠𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜
𝐬𝐞𝐱 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝
𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐜𝐨-𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤
𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝
𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐫 𝐪𝐮𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬
𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰
𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬
𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐭
𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥
𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐧
𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬
𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐣𝐨𝐲
𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐠𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

3K 168 23
بواسطة emliarad

"Wake up!"

Hearing those words, Quentin immediately lifted his head to see who talked. He didn't have much time to fully wake up before someone hit him on the right shoulder. He let out a yell and even had to see that he didn't get a bruise, just in case.

"Get up, the carnival is waiting! We already let you sleep more than us which is a bit unfair if you ask me," complained Amanda.

God, he was so tired and didn't have the energy to deal with this so early. He sighed and put his head to the pillow to get even five more minutes to sleep. That was when he felt someone's eyes on him.

Quentin looked up and couldn't stop the gasp that escaped his mouth when he realized that his head was on Theo's left shoulder. How long had it been like that? He must have moved while sleeping and Theo hadn't noticed.

Brown eyes were watching him like a hawk and there was a frown on Theo's forehead as if he was trying to figure out something. After a few seconds of staring at each other in silence, he finally blinked and stood up, mumbling something about the bathroom.

Quentin, on the other hand, sat on the bed for another minute or two, trying to understand what just happened before deciding to ignore it completely. He was too tired to deal with Theo's shit right now.

"What are you still doing in bed? We are leaving in half an hour, maybe even less," Amanda walked in the room, took his hands and lifted him up from the bed, not even stopping to consider what he was wearing or if he was wearing anything at all.

That was a bit strange for Quentin, who still thought of her as a stranger or an acquaintance. Yet you sleep in her home, his mind reminded.

"Morning," he said while going to find something to wear. When he found his beige trousers with black suspenders and a blue t-shirt, he was ready to take his boxers off when he realized that Amanda was still in the room.

"Jesus! Can't you see I'm almost naked?" he yelled shocked. She opened her mouth, then closed it before opening it again as if she was trying to find words before rushing out, not saying a word.

He was putting on his trousers when the door opened, this time revealing all dressed-up Theo who clearly took one quick look at him from head to toes before taking his phone from the floor, avoiding his eyes. Before Quentin could say anything, he was out of the room as fast as he came in.

Was he still embarrassed about the fact that they slept together and kind of cuddled together? Now that Quentin stopped to think about what happened in the night and how they acted after waking up, all that staring and weird tension between them, he realized that he should feel awkward about it too.

For some reason, it just amused him, especially after seeing Theo clearly overreacting about it. God, it's not like they had sex or anything else. All they did was sleep a bit closer to each other than what was planned.

Since he didn't have time to do his normal make-up routine, he simply put on a little bit of mascara before checking the clock, noticing that it was 9.30am. He walked to the living room where everyone else was sitting, apparently waiting for him.

"Good morning! Did you sleep well?" asked Amanda's father. It was clear that he wasn't expecting to see Quentin wearing make-up but he hid it quickly. Instead, he gave him a friendly smile and he wasn't faking it.

That kind of acceptance, especially from a stranger, was still new to Quentin. For a second he was almost confused on how to react but then he just smiled back. Despite that, he knew that he wouldn't forget the feeling of genuine acceptance anytime soon.

Amanda was standing next to her father, packing her yellow bag while her two sisters were sitting on the couch but her mother was nowhere to be seen. Quentin said hello while yawning a lot. Then he turned to look at Theo who was silently sitting on the sofa, away from everyone.

"If you're all ready, let's go. Helena is already there, starting before us. Take your own car in case we leave at a different time and follow us," Amanda's father said.

The carnival was exactly like Quentin had imagined it to be, if not more. Two hours later it was full of people and he had to watch out that he didn't run into anyone. He had really underestimated how big this event was because there could have easily been thousands of people.

There were probably dozens if not hundreds of games and kiosks where was sold anything from candy to food to handmade jewelry and so on. There was even Ferris wheel in the back and few other rides that were similar to what was in the amusement park.

They had left Amanda with her family to work after he had once more insisted to help because he doubted that selling food each minute to all these hungry people wasn't easy even if there were three people doing it. No one let him.

Theo didn't seem to care what was happening. All this time, he had been following him around silently, face almost touching his phone that he hadn't put away since they came there.

That wasn't a good sign but to be honest, Quentin didn't really care if he was bored but it still annoyed him. Wasn't it a bit rude to be on the phone all the time and completely ignore Quentin?

I wish Isaac was here, he would love this, Quentin thought with a smile that quickly fell as he pictured Phoebe kissing his best friend. Maybe it was good that he wasn't here, after all. Now he realized that he hadn't even thought of Isaac while being away from him which might sound like a small thing but it was progress to him.

It was silent now. Too silent for Quentin. No one had spoken for twenty minutes, not after Quentin kindly asked if he wanted something to drink and Theo said no.

He really hated silence which wasn't a surprise, considering that he had gotten used to all that screaming at home every day. Now he was finally so desperate that he was planning to have a small talk with Theo of all people.

"Can you stop ignoring me for a minute?" he asked and stopped talking to see if he would get any kind of reaction from him. Nothing. Quentin sighed, not knowing what to do. Why was he even trying?

Honestly, he just wanted to talk with someone. Now he felt like he was alone in a wonderful place like this, at least it was wonderful for him, and he just wanted to enjoy it with someone. He wasn't lying when he said that he hadn't been at the carnival for years.

After thinking of a minute, just standing there in the middle of the street while people walked by, he thought, why should he even be with Theo? The boy clearly didn't want to be here.

"Okay, listen to me. You can sit rest of the day on this bench and I came here when I'm ready to leave," he said, trying to sound more determined than he really was.

Now, that made Theo look up from his phone. First, he looked confused, either because he wasn't sure if he had imagined Quentin talking after the long silence or if he didn't understand what he was saying. Then he just looked annoyed, as usual.

"Why don't I just drive home now and leave you here?" he asked, now smirking, showing some emotion for the first time in hours.

"Yeah, why don't you?" he asked, a similar smirk on his face as he looked straight Theo in the eyes. Theo, who wasn't prepared for the question, was now trying to find an answer, clearly not doing a good job at it.

Quentin knew this would happen. Theo might be an asshole but he wouldn't leave him here. Both of them knew that.

"Why did you even agree to come here?" he asked the question that he had been thinking all day, especially after remembering how he had to beg Theo to come here.

"Because you wanted to come," Theo said and quickly looked down, almost looking shy, which gave him the impression that he wasn't supposed to say that. Quentin was now more than confused. What was he supposed to say to that, especially since Theo looked like being nice to him was the worst decision he had ever made.

"Thanks," Quentin just mumbled while wondering why Theo wanted to do this to him. As their staring continued and he still didn't have an answer, Quentin decided to break the tension that was between them for the second time today.

He checked his phone to see if he had any missed calls or messages. Surprisingly, no one had missed him. The clock was now 3.40pm and Amanda must still be busy.

They had been there for four hours and honestly, even Quentin started to get a bit tired from the walking. He had already seen pretty much everything there was to see and spent a good amount of money for things that he didn't even need.

If they now left, they would be at his uncle's place in no time and home before 8pm if they were lucky. Then, he would finally have those books that Brett had promised to borrow for a long time!

All this was a bit unnecessary for a few books, at least that's what Theo would say and that's why he would never hear the reason why they did all this.

Deciding that he was indeed ready to leave, Quentin turned around and once again saw those brown eyes looking at him before turning back to his phone as soon as he saw Quentin looking at him.

"What are you looking at?" Theo asked quite rudely. Quentin had to count to ten just to stop himself from yelling at him. He had to be kind or at least respectful to Theo who gave him a chance to come here even though he could be anywhere else.

Suddenly, a young girl ran straight into Theo, throwing her lemonade all over his clothes. Quentin had to fight back a smile as he watched Theo calm himself down, which he managed to do quite well. The girl started to cry but it seemed that she was more miserable over the lemonade instead of ruining other person's clothes.

"You should be glad that you're poor little child, otherwise I would force you to buy me new clothes. Actually, where are your parents?" Theo said while trying to dry his already wet clothes. Quentin rolled his eyes at the drama queen before stepping in.

"Don't be a jerk, it was just lemonade. Your jacket will dry in a few minutes. Here, buy yourself a new drink," he said, giving few dollars to what looked like a seven years old child before taking Theo's hand, ready to leave this place.

Theo gave him an angry look before taking his hand off his hand while looking around as if to make sure that no one saw them holding hands. Quentin raised his hands as a sight of surrender and muttered a quiet 'sorry'. Yes, maybe it was a good time to leave.

"Quentin! Theo!" As if reading his mind, Amanda ran towards them, waving her right hand in the air. Quentin waved back but Theo, as predicted, didn't give her a second of his time. Asshole.

When she finally reached them, she took one look at Theo and Quentin, before frowning. "What's going on?"

Quentin gave Theo one last look and just smiled. "I think we're ready to go. We still have to drive to my uncle."

"Are you sure? You could stay with us for another night and -" Amanda said but Theo interrupted him.

"Yes, we're sure," he said and gave Quentin a strange look which helped him to understand that he was the reason why he didn't want to stay anymore. Theo didn't want to spend another night in the same bed with him. Quentin only rolled his eyes even though he was secretly happy that he was able to get a reaction out of Theo.

A/N: Is anyone still reading this book? *awkward smile*

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

4 0 4
Nicholas Vancamp is the typical high-school guy who all girls do the impossible to have a chance to touch his lips. Pretty, popular and very desired...
432K 4.7K 7
SPIN-OFF TO "FROM THE OTHER SIDE" Having a crush on one of your best friends is already a struggle. Having a crush on one of your best friends, who...
1.6K 250 15
Elliot Burton hasn't known peace since Bennett Harris popped around for 6th form. Known for his strong build, rebellious streak, and aggressive tende...
14.4K 1.2K 46
Emilio always despised gay people, doing unforgivable things to them when he was in high school. The tables are turned when he falls in love with a b...