A SINGLE BLUE FLAME ;; T. DA...

By takutea

Misunderstood. Misunderstood is a common word used to excuse the dark purposes or intentions of toxic people... More

Author's note (ιмρσятαит )
playlist
-Prologue- мιѕυи∂єяѕтσσ∂
the talk (1)
the night we met (2)
afraid (3)
issues (4)
wishes (5)
profile
gamble (6)
escape (7)
polaroid (8)
another day (9)
insomniac (10)
genesis (11)
threat (12)
asphyxia (13)
lockheart (14)
• april fools (im not sorry) •
trauma (15)
spar (16)
reflect (17)
profile #2 (takaoka)
profile #3 (lockheart)
white (19)
update ! (URGENT)
theories ( 20 )

medicate (18)

1.9K 109 80
By takutea

Well this will be fun. I still had no idea how Shigaraki expected me to infiltrate U.A to check on Hanako. But surprisingly, he had an actually well thought out plan for this.

"Are you sure I won't be recognized?" Nathan stood in front of me, pinching the bridge of his nose as he heaved an exasperated sigh. "Yes, (y/n). For the tenth time, yes. I know what I am doing." He clicked his tongue and lifted my chin, peering down at me with a concentrated expression. "I need you to trust me, I'm not going to hurt you. So relax" he hummed.

It wasn't that easy to remain still when the guy that had kissed me before was just inches away. His presence alone was enough to have me on edge, yet the way he wove his words somehow got me to settle down. I folded my hands over my lap, staring down at them to keep myself preoccupied from his burning gaze. "So what exactly are you going to do?"

Nathan took a step back, observing me like a lion would observe its prey. Not today, bitch. "Well, I'm going to use my quirk to disguise you. It's simple really, but I don't want to do it without your understanding" he smiled timidly, the tone of his voice softening during the explanation.

"Understood" I replied. The chilling cold of the room we were in wasn't much help either, or the way the lights seemed to poorly flicker above us as he explained. What next? A jump scare comes out of the dark?

"Are they seriously trusting her with this crap?" The sharp tone of what I could imagine was a bitter twelve year old made me nearly jump out of my skin as I spun around to meet with Hisoka, going by Mustard at the time, who was glaring daggers at me. What the fuck is this kid's deal?

I simply returned the spite fueled gaze to him, I wasn't going to waste my energy on some kid that had been sketchy of me since day one. "Hisoka, give her a chance. You're not proving anything by being rude to the newcomers." Nathan spoke as he combed a hand through his –for once– messy locks.

"Alright , (y/n).. I'm going to combine a few traits here and there so you'll feel a bit weird at first. But it goes away and you should be concealed for enough time to come and go." He added, coming closer to me. He brought his hand to his forehead, moving away a few strands to reveal a lilac stone on his forehead. Now that I could see it clearly, I admired the detail. It was a stone, but it resembled more of a gem. The way his fingertips brushed the loose strands of hair away could make me guess it was either frail or sensitive.

..Or maybe he didn't like it - Was an afterthought, since I could lightly notice a tinge of a blush spread across his cheeks as he caught me staring. "Hm? It looks interesting, that's all" I deadpanned. Nathan shook his head as he muttered a 'whatever' , and from the corner of my eye I could observe Hisoka watching Nathan's movements carefully. Did he admire him?

"Anyways, this will only take a second" Nathan cleated his throat. I watched how the lilac stone illuminated a soft hue of violet, slightly darker than the gem itself.

[...]

"Well this is.. different." I muttered when Nathan lifted a worn out mirror in front of me. Despite the mirror itself being scratched and broken in some corners, I could still see my, or whoever I was now, reflection. My (h/c) hair had been replaced by lively coral locks, straight until the ends , where they awkwardly curled into themselves. It reached all the way until my ass. Poorly convenient. My complexion turned tanner, a natural blush warming my usual (pale/tan) cheeks. My previous (e/c) colored eyes now gleamed a bright scarlet under the poor lighting. It was certainly out of my element.

I turned to the breathless laughter of Hisoka, who was bent over holding in his cackles. "Oh gosh- you sure don't look too thrilled with that new image." He teased , a smirk crawling onto his lips. I looked ridiculously bright. "Oh shut it before I lock you in the freezer" I snapped.

"If I'm going to go check on Hanako at UA as a high school student, can't the brat do it?" I huffed. Nathan chuckled at my despair, shaking his head. "No can do. Shigaraki was talking about how he needed to do some specific endurance training.." he stared back at Hisoka, looking for confirmation.

"Ah, right.." he murmured. His cocky expression dropped, and I could see his bottom lip slightly quiver. He's afraid of Shigaraki.. I sighed and moved to the chair he was in, sitting beside him.

"Hey.. Shigaraki is an ass. More of a man-child than a leader if you ask me. There's nothing to be nervous about. That is, if you're even nervous at all." I ended with a smirk, and was met with a quick reaction. He perked up, a small laugh coming from him at my insults to the childish leader.

"You'll do fine, kiddo. If you've lived this long it's because you're no weakling." I added, hoping my bad motivational speaking would at least make him stop shaking. Hisoka took a deep sigh, he nodded slowly. "Yeah.. I'm strong" he whispered, smiling. At least it didn't backfire.

"See? Good luck" I internally sighed in relief seeing how the color returned to his face. What did Shigaraki even do for him to be so scared? Hisoka was silent for a few moments, gaze stuck on the ground.

"... Thank you, (y/n)."

A bubble of pride emerged in my chest for some reason. Seeing him composed now and secured made me feel as if I had completed a task. An odd feeling of satisfaction washed over me in a subtle smile. "It's nothing."

"Oh by the way, (y/n)" I turned to Nathan. He stood by the doorframe , staring out at the hallway. "Dabi wanted to talk to you before you go." I nodded, getting up from my seat to head out.

"Good luck. Remember I can only hold the effect for so long." He added. I waved dismissively at him, very much aware of how risky this plan was. "Yeah, I remember. I won't take too long." I replied. I was already setting a foot out the door when I saw Dabi from the corner of my eye, standing a bit far from the door as he flickered a dim flame in between his fingertips.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I ruffled my skirt, a fake UA uniform Nathan had handed to me before working on my transformation. Dabi stared at me up and down, eyes widening. "Do I look that ridiculous?" I groaned.

He shook his head with a chuckle, placing a warm hand to my cheek. He tilted his head like a curious child, brushing his thumb across my cheek. I think I'm going to have a malfunction here. "No, but you look better without all this crap.." he muttered. "As much as I hate Lockheart, this .. even I wouldn't recognize you. The only thing is that your height didn't seem to change.." he murmured, gaze trailing down my form.

I unconsciously allowed my cheek to rest of his palm, eyes widening as I realized what I did. Did you just lean into his touch nonononono–

"Well, at least that means he did his job right." I quickly replied, hoping he didn't notice my flustered expression. A soft chuckle tumbled from his parted lips, deep yet gentle.

"You'll be fine. You're smart. Whatever is going on with Takaoka, you'll figure it out and come back safe and sound" he reassured, yet his gaze flickered from my eyes to my lips a couple of seconds. "But.. I need you to concentrate. If you let your grudge take control of your actions, it won't end well." he lowered his voice, now making it feel as if we were sharing a secret.

I kept a calm expression, though I was somewhat shaken by his words. "I'll be fine. I have self control over my feelings about that." I muttered, the bitterness in my voice giving it away.

"Sure you can" he scoffed, brushing a strand of annoyingly curled hair out of my view. "Just be careful, don't get killed before we can get a proper home." He joked, smirking. I flicked his forehead, stepping back. "Whatever. I'll live" I joked, turning away from him. "I'll be fine"

[...]

Shigaraki examined me , and was quick to send me off into work. It wasn't too hard to skip by unnoticed and onto the trains, and soon enough I found myself approaching U.A. high. I was posing as a student, so all I had to do was slip by and head straight to the nurse's office.

Many students were entering through the opened gates. It was crowded, but that was exactly what I was looking for. I'm on time too. Class was soon to start, according to the schedules on the walls. It would be odd to go first period to the nurse , but that was the least of my worries. Hanako was the one to take care of the morning shifts while Recovery Girl was out with the teacher staff. That is, according to the information Hanako provided.

As soon as I got inside the academy ,I felt easily overwhelmed. The place was enormous to say the least, and there was many different students left and right. I felt sick to be surrounded by so many potential heroes, and obviously out of place because I was surrounded by kids. Thank Nathan that he gave me a crap ton of hair. I used the exorbitant amount to hide most of my face , now making an attempt to find the infirmary.

I walked past the many doors, each marking a different classroom. The academy also had several floors, so it wasn't going to be easy. What I wished the most was not to look lost, or for someone to try and approach me. So far it was going well, no one was attempting to interact with me and everyone seemed to be in their own little world. I was surrounded by small groups , who were all chatting or simply walking together.

Everyone began separating, rushing over to what I could imagine was their classes. I caught the nearest staircase and went up, hoping the infirmary was closer by now. Thankfully, my wishes were answered when a few students cleared out of the hall, revealing a door with the word "infirmary" engraved in a silver plaque.

I took a deep breath, easing myself for whatever I might walk into. I didn't know if I would loose my temper in a confrontation against Hanako. I had been able to keep my cool lately, but I wasn't up to test my patience.

I slowly opened the door. Honestly, the least I expected was to smack straight into someone. "Fuck–" I murmured, staring up to a golden haired male, a black streak adorning his bangs. He seemed to be in a dumfounded daze , staring down at me blankly.

"Cutie" he mumbled, his thumbs sticking up as he chuckled mindlessly. I rose an eyebrow. What the fuck did I get myself into? He was soon dragged away by a figure , leading him back to the nurse table.

"God, Kaminari. It's the first hour and you already went into brain dead mode.." the woman scolded, turning to face my now noticed presence.

My expression melded into pure surprise once I meet eyes with her. Usual tight buns now set in a loose hairstyle, lips tinted a soft pink. She was wearing a rather conservative nurse robe,a radical change from her usual feminine street clothing. 

"Excuse me, I don't think I've seen you around" she smiled, extending a hand towards me.

"I'm nurse Takaoka, what can I help you with?"

________________________________

WE DID IT BOYS- also this book recently reached 8k and I'm so shook?? Like it happened so quickly and I'm so touched so many people decided to give this book a shot!

So question- should I do something when this book hits 15k reads? Like host some sort of contest or something? Leave your ideas here please!

Ou! And a huge thank you to WombatSquid for letting me use their name for Mustard. Please check out her stories!! Their amazing. And if you like Dabi (duh- why are you here?) I recommend reading the book "Flawed"

Thank you all so much for following this book , and I  hope you all have a wonderful week!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 392 41
‼️I do not own any of the MHA characters just the OC's and the plot‼️ ‼️AU‼️no quirks ‼️I do not own any of the art I put in the story‼️ Dabi x OC ⚠...
190K 5.8K 20
"𝙳𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜..., 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚞𝚑.. 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎?" ˜"*°•.˜"*°• | •°*"˜...
75.4K 3.3K 38
"There's no way I can ever forgive anyone who tries to hurt you." "You said you'd never forgive anyone who tries to hurt me. That's all I need..." W...
2.6K 158 8
DISCONTINUED "Although this scenery seemed so vividly beautiful, it put me off my ease. It was strange how a mixture of mere gas and water could make...