The Billionaire's Assistant t...

By ShafiraSardar

He would have never hired her. One glance at that woman and you could just tell she was trouble. Scarlett Arc... More

Temptress
Miss Scarlett Archer
His Ego
Goddess of Teasing
A Friendly Kiss
A Quiet Night In
Coffee Made With Love
Lovely Dinner
The Argument
Hot Chocolate
Scarlett's Needs
Michael's Skills
Plans for Christmas
The Ex-Boyfriend
Christmas Party
Christmas Dinner
Cuddles and Pancakes
Noah The Hero
Scarlett's Confession
Drinks with Michael
Tiny Human
Snarky Scarlett
Proper Adults
Noah's Demands
Emma's Breakdown
Shady Restaurants and Proposals
Turning the Tables
Sweet and Gentle
Connecting
Difficult Conversations
Violet Starr
The Wedding
Noah's Footsteps
Distracting Scarlett
A Big Family
Company Plans
Scarlett's Thoughts
Epilogue

Two Peas in a Pod

8.5K 448 6
By ShafiraSardar

Scarlett sat straight beside him, clutching her cup of tea while facing Dawn with a little smile on her face. She didn't know how to behave around Dawn and he couldn't blame her. He felt awkward too.

The very pregnant woman mirrored Scarlett's smile. She was uncomfortable too. He needed to wrap this up to save them all. He wanted to, he really did but if they could barely get a word out while casually meeting up for coffee or tea or whatever the fuck they wanted to drink, this thing would never work out.

So he let them all suffer.

He shifted in his chair, his arm bumping into Scarlett's which made her glance at him. He flashed her a smile. Scarlett's eyes flickered to the papers which were laying in front of him. She wanted him to move this along. Placing his hand on the papers he pushed them toward Dawn.

"I mentioned this over the phone." He started.

Dawn nodded, "I understand." She reached for the papers, her eyes scanning over it, "Let me get my pen."

He wasn't surprised that she wanted to sign it, because the little time he did spend with her his alarm bells didn't start ringing. He didn't felt like she was dishonest which is why he felt bad to more or less push her aside because of Scarlett. The connection he had with Scarlett he'd never have with the supposed mother of his child. He was aware of this, even if he tried to force it neither one of them would be happy.

"Just to make sure we're on the same page," He started, "This states that if the child is mine they'll have the right to their trust fund which I'll set up when they're eighteen. I will support my child financially."

"Just not me." Dawn finished, "I get it." She signed her name on the contract without even looking through it which annoyed him.

"Don't you want to read it through?" He asked, "Think about it before you sign your name on it." He trailed off.

She had signed the contract and pushed it toward him, "I trust you." She tossed her pen back in her bag, "I'm sure you're not scamming me because honestly what do I have to offer?" She asked, a little laugh following, "If this is what you need to trust me too then I don't mind signing it."

"It also states that you agree to do a paternity test." He was annoyed as hell and Scarlett noticed it because she placed her hand on his knee to reassure him or maybe calm him down. It did help a little, "Don't just sign your name like that on contracts, Dawn. That's not reassuring at all. Maybe I am a scammer, you wouldn't know."

Besides him, Scarlett tried so hard not to laugh but he heard the chuckle which she tried to cover up with a cough. Maybe he was exaggerating a little.

"I'm fine with that too." She finished her tea and gathered her things, "I'm not lying." She got to her feet, looking like she'd collapse due to the new weight. He got to his feet as well, but she held up a hand to refuse his help, "I'm good. I'll make the appointment and send you to results."

"I'm sorry." He stated, feeling terrible for sounding like a dick to her.

The forced smile spread across her face did tell him that she wanted to run out of there as fast as she could. Everything about this meeting was awkward, but it needed to happen. If he stewed on it for too long the baby would be there.

"It's okay."

It really wasn't, but he didn't say that out loud.

"You need this because of who you are." If her smile got even sweeter her face would crack, "I get that."

It didn't mean that everything stated in that contract didn't sting. If you read between the lines it was bluntly stating that the gold digger wouldn't get paid. Dawn might not have anything to offer what would intrigue him financially but that could be stated about a lot of people.

Treating another human being like this wasn't right.

When they locked eyes again he noticed how hers softened. She knew this wasn't how he saw her. Flickering her eyes to Scarlett she gave her a subtle nod.

"It was nice meeting you."

Scarlett got to her feet and held her hand out to Dawn, "You too."

Dawn shook hands with her, gave them a little wave and left the little coffee shop. Once she was out of sight both him and Scarlett sat back down letting out a sigh. The tension was just not good. They could finally breathe again.

"It will get better." Scarlett promised him, "The first awkward meeting is over. After this it can only get better, you know."

He knew they would all eventually get used to this. It would become a habit.

"You're right."

She glanced at him, that playful smile which he loved spreading across her face. He placed his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, pressing a kiss to her temple.

Scarlett pressed her hand against his chest, nuzzling close to him, "I am most of the time." She teased him, "You should know that by now."

He chuckled, "I know by now that you take pleasure in messing with me."

She fake gasped, pulling away from him to glare at him for good measure, "I do not know what you're talking about right now."

He grabbed his coffee and finished it off, crinkling his nose at how cold it was.

Scarlett dared to laugh at him and she continued to laugh at him even when he threw her a glare. His lips twitching because of how contagious her laugh was. She looked fucking gorgeous laughing like she just didn't care.

He pressed another kiss to her temple, "We both know you're selling me some bullshit right now."

She threw her head back and just laughed, he couldn't help it, her laugh was contagious. Laughing too he shook his head at her.

"Shut up." She told him when she finally caught her breath, wiping away at the tears which dared to escape because of how much she laughed, "All joking aside I might have judged Dawn a little." She admitted, "Not out loud, but definitely in my head."

She was always honest with him, even if she didn't state her honest opinion right away she did eventually speak up. He appreciated that too.

"That's okay, we'll see if we need to be worried about her."

He doubted Dawn would suddenly rip off her mask and show them her true face. She wasn't trying to fool them, that's how he felt about it but the people around him would only accept this when they were confronted with the test results so he would let this go for now.

"So now I need to face another awkward situation."

Another uncomfortable situation they had to go through. It couldn't be avoided, he tried to stall for a while now and the girls would just not forgive him if he canceled once more. He could only imagine the looks on their faces when they were confronted with Scarlett.

"Liv will accept you eventually."

Scarlett rolled her eyes, "I'm starting to doubt that, Lucy."

He knew Olivia could stay mad forever. Sometimes you could hold a grudge without it being reasonable. But he wanted to think that his niece would eventually warm up to Scarlett. Lily had so he had hope for Olivia to accept Scarlett too.

"I'm sure she won't dislike you forever."

She shrugged, "You can be honest and say she can't hate me forever."

"She doesn't hate you." He tried to sound as confident about that as he could. He was proud of himself at how firm he stated it even though he did agree with Scarlett, "I mean, she's been a lot nicer to you now. She just needs to get used to this."

"I can share." Scarlett straightened in her chair and flicked her hair back in that sassy way that was Scarlett Archer, "Because I am an adult."

He grabbed her hand and kissed her wrist, "Okay, then let's meet up with them."

***

The minute he walked up to the door it burst open and an excited Lily hugged him tightly. He kept her close while her father appeared in the doorway, shaking his head at the little girl who probably went against her parents' wishes by running outside like that.

"They've been waiting all day for you to show up."

It sounded like an accusation and when he locked eyes with his brother he could tell Noah was annoyed with him. The girls were probably nagging at him and their mom, asking when he'd show up.

"Sorry." He muttered, "We had some things to take care of."

He knew he was vague but when he glanced over his shoulder and Scarlett cautiously walked up to the steps and stood beside him, he knew his brother got the hint. Scarlett glanced down at Lily who pulled away from him and stared up at her.

"It's good to see you again." Scarlett greeted.

Lily beamed at her, "Hello."

He laughed at how shy Lily became when facing Scarlett. She wasn't annoyed with her presence, she merely needed time to adjust to Scarlett's presence. He was sure that after dinner Lily would be her usual self while Olivia would keep her distance.

He placed his hand on top of Lily's head and chuckled when she tried to glare at him, "Uncle Lucy!" She whined, "Mom braided my hair."

"It's cute."

She then flat out glared at him which made Scarlett stifle a giggle beside him, "You made it messy." She ran her fingers through her braid, trying to fix it.

"I'm sure mom will fix it for you." Noah gestured to Lily to head inside, "Come on, let's have this conversation inside."

Lily didn't pay attention to any of them, a girl on a mission to get her hair fixed. Sharing an amused look with his girl he walked inside, following Noah into the living room. Olivia was seated in front of the TV, watching a movie while Kim and Rose were nowhere to be found.

He was sure Kim was either upstairs with the baby or she was in the kitchen. Hearing the sound of coffee brewing he guessed his sister-in-law was in the kitchen.

"I'm going to say hi to Kim," Scarlett told them, walking off to the kitchen.

He settled beside his niece and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her in for a side hug and kissing her head.

"I missed you, Liv." He whispered to her.

Olivia looked up at him, "I missed you too."

That was the last thing he expected her to admit, she had been so upset with him. Noah seemed relieved, he felt the same way.

"I'm going to check on Rose."

He was left alone with Oliva which gave him a little time to have a quick talk with her. Keeping his arm around her he smiled when she rested against his side and faced the TV again. She was watching a family movie, he did have to admit that this one looked kind of intriguing. A little boy living with his uncle who apparently was a wizard as Olivia told him.

"I wanted to talk to you about something."

Olivia kept looking at the TV but the way she tensed told him he had her attention.

"I know that you're not impressed by Scarlett." Olivia kept quiet so he continued gently, "But Liv, she's not going anywhere. I'm going to marry her which means that she will be around a lot more." He motioned for her to wait when she wanted to say something, "You don't have to be best friends with her, but at least try and be a little friendlier?"

Olivia stared at him, the movie she was watching forgotten.

"You're going to get married?" Her eyes widened.

"Is that so weird?" He asked, amused at just how surprised his niece looked

She shrugged, "Maybe."

"Who is getting married?" Noah walked into the room with baby Rose in his arms, she was making cute little noises, whining at her father and not looking too happy.

"Uncle Lucy," Oliva answered.

"Is he now?" Noah's eyebrows shot up, "Did you hear that?" He asked the baby, "Uncle Lucy is getting married."

Noah made it sound like a joke which it wasn't. He was going to marry Scarlett, he just needed to propose to her officially.

"I didn't see her wearing a ring," Noah told him.

"I didn't see one either." Oliva pointed out.

"You didn't even look at Scarlett to know that." He told his niece, poking her cheek which made her grin. He faced his brother who sat down on the couch, he leaned in and kissed Rose's chubby cheek which earned him a baby slap against the cheek, "Someone's grumpy."

"Someone needs some time to adjust after that long nap." Noah placed his hand on Rose's head and gently let her rest against his shoulder.

Noah made Rose settle down like a pro. She still made soft noises, but she didn't look ready to cry her lungs out anymore.

"Don't go announce weddings when you're not even engaged." Noah warned him, "You know how our family will react. They get all crazy and obsessed when mentioning weddings."

He knew his family went a little overboard when it came to weddings, but honestly, their craziness didn't stop at that. They also got overly excited when Noah had his first child, but the excitement didn't get less with the other two. Birthday parties were no different.

His mother's had been over the top, he couldn't say he disliked it that much considering he met Scarlett on his mother's over the top party for the first time.

"I'm working on it, you can expect a ring around her finger within two weeks."

It was hilarious seeing father and daughter gape at him. He meant it though, he wanted a ring around the woman's finger before his baby was here. It meant that his wedding needed to be rushed, but he knew he could pull it off with the help of his family.

But first he needed to propose to her properly and he needed to have a talk with his mother to set that in motion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 4.3K 37
Scarlett Rose doesn't know what to make out of life. All she knows for now is that she wants out. Out from her abusive parents. Out from the stress o...
223 35 26
When Amaya Maxwell is left with no choice than to marry the Billionaire Liam Black who is infamous for his scandals, to avoid her family from being i...
355K 8.6K 63
~I shudder and lean over, staring into her chocolate irises. "Are you sure?" "Yes." Without another word, I crash my lips on her own, removing the ri...
107K 2.4K 31
{Winner of 'Best Brase Fanfic' in the 2014 Lab Rats Awards Show} "Look, Bree. If you're going to be my assistant, I might as well know you, and you k...