The Blade Princess

By FairySalvatore

Liahna is the Princess of Kingdom of Silverlights. While she pretends to be the gentle and shy girl, she is s... More

Prologue
--- Damsel in Distress---
--- Sold---
---One Trap to another---
---Training---
---Mistakes---
---Scars---
---Brutal Games---
---Shift of atmosphere---
---Trusting---
---Identity---
---The Coronation---
---Reason---
---Plan in Action---
---Dream and Nightmare---
---New Enemy---
---Hunting Accident---
---The Healer---
---Painful Truth---
---The Masked Prince---
---Tournament Winnings---
---The Prize---
---Quest for the Cure---
---Price to Pay---
---Trust Issues---
---Exploring---
---Binders Curse---
---Excuses---
---Open Book---
---Double the Grief---
---Bargaining---
---The Champion's Ball---
---Back to Nevarlia---
---Soulmates---
---Damsel to the Rescue---
---The Bigger Truth---
---Layers of truth---
---Wedding Dance---
---Call of Duty---
---Breaking the Illusion---
---Mistake of Healing---
---Imprisonment---
---The Auspicious Time---
---Escape---
---Vital Information---
---Divide and Manage---
---Going back home---
---One on One---
---Relicia---
--- Soul Trapped---
--- Filled with Wrath---
--- The glass coffin---
---The Cruelty of Fate---
Epilogue

---Finding a Purpose---

4.9K 326 43
By FairySalvatore

I was a Princess or maybe I still am so I was used to scrutinizing eyes but when I walked to the King even Henley at my side, I was conscious of every eye and every whisper that surrounded me. Maybe because no one was there as my shield, I was supposed to protect myself now.

"Liahna, my dear. It's so good to see you alive and fine." King bellowed in a happy tone.

I have met Henley's father several times and he was a kind man. But when he mentioned the word fine, I felt annoyance stir inside me. I was anything but fine. Even though I have been in the palace for a week now. My injuries were still ugly and prominently visible, my eyes look like holes sunken deep in my skull and I looked like a survivor of drought much less like a Princess.

The fever had taken a toll on me as well. Bedridden for a week, I missed being the warrior. I was kept in the room and finally, when I was presentable enough, I was ready to meet the King and the council.

"I am grateful for all your help Your Highness", I gave a courteous bow to the King who gave me an affectionate smile. He was my father's closest friend.

"You can stay here as long as you want Princess till you find a path that guides you." Henley's stepmother, the current Queen added without even bothering to greet me.

The whole court stirred at her words and I saw Henley's jaw tick in anger.

And I realized what a fool I have been. I escaped the prison of an enemy kingdom. My reputation and virtue were destroyed now. No woman won from war is left untouched. I will never be considered as Henley's Queen, his wife. Not only did I have no family, but I also had no future.

The suffocation made my heart ache and I tried not to show the pain reflect on my face as I stood with my chin up in the air, not letting the judgments and thoughts belittle me.

"Mother, you know how I feel about her." Henley surprised all of us with his words and I felt guilty for having even minor feelings for Bretrarum who destroyed my past and future as he fooled me in the present.

"Feelings are nothing when it comes to the welfare of Kingdom son. Will you ignore the opinion of all the wise officials who gathered." She said like a diplomatic Queen she was.

Before Henley could do more damage I had to step in as I used my saccharine voice on her.

"Don't worry too much Your Highness. I am not a fool and I already found a path that guides me." I said because now that my image was shattered there was no point hiding my true self.

"And what that might be Princess," King asked in a kind tone.

If I had to play a spy, I need to be convincing to Tahira and keep Henley safe. Maybe I can just make people suspect me without much effort.

"I want to be a part of your Umbrellator League," I said proudly putting forward my terms.

A loud gasp erupted from the gathered council.

"I would not want you to take me in and be a burden to you. I want to join the League." 

The Umbrellator League were also called the shadow fighters, the best of the soldiers trained to protect the Kingdom from the enemies with or without magic. I have heard about them but never actually seen them in battle. But Bretrarum said that they are hiding a secret big enough that even Nevarlia can't win over them and that was a big relief.

"Princess, do you know what are you talking about?" Queen asked in a mocking tone.

"Why don't you put me to test and we will see? I am more than pretty dresses and ornaments Highness." I answered back with a fake smile that made her glare at me.

"Lia," Henley whispered, looking shocked and slightly hurt.

"I am sorry, but am I not allowed how to protect myself when I am left all alone now." I misdirected my anger at him and he winced at my words.

He gave me an apologetic look and I nodded letting him know I was just in a bad mood.

As usual, the gathered people accompanied me to the grounds, all the council members, King, Queen and Henley. Tahira followed me closely being my personal maid.

"I guess your Prince didn't know that you were skilled in violence," Tahira whispered.

"Mind your own business." I spat out.

"You are my business as commanded by our Prince." She said and I felt angry at the mention of his name.

He completely, utterly destroyed my life.

When we reached the practice grounds, the soldiers seemed surprised. The whispering doubled someone of them loud enough for me to hear. Not ladylike, a princess with no morals, rulebreaker, not a suitable person for Princess, weak, liar, frail and among them were the praise for my beauty and speculation of how a woman can yield weapon good enough to join League.

As much as my inside burned with rage for Bretrarum, I actually trained with the best.

The things Gerald couldn't teach me, he did.

"Darwin," Henley called out his best friend and the best soldier we all knew.

He stepped out and looked at me with a frown," Are you well now Princess?" 

"Well enough," I answered with a smile because we were acquaintances.

"Why is the whole council here?" He asked Henley.

"They want to see if I am good enough to be in the league." And all the soldiers laughed at my words.

Even Henley looked amused but then he has always seen me as the nice sweet Princess who can barely lift a heavy object. 

Because this was boring me as well as annoying me, I walked forward and picked up a sword closest to me and turned towards Darwin," If you are not too scared?" 

He just smirked and picked up his own sword running a finger through his brown hair as if this frustrated him and insulted me with a lenient hit which I blocked with ease.

"I hope you can do better than this." I challenged him.

"Remember Your Highness, she asked for it." He said to Henley who nodded.

And then he charged with full force. He was fast, his footwork close to perfect and he can handle two swords at once. But I learned to spot the Dark Prince with Qi Energy force and utmost talent in the killing, this was nowhere close.

I blocked his every hit easily, he was not only good with weapons but he could flip over me and land a surprise attack but I realized through this how right Bretrarum was, how harsh the world was. I thought I was safe with Henely but here I was proving my worth and assumed as disgraceful in the Kingdom of someone I loved.

I was faster, sharper and I have learned a few tricks to hurt my opponent without shedding blood, Bretrarum never gave me injuries that bled. Suddenly, Darwin started attacking fiercely as he felt ashamed at me being better than him and I realized he was aiming for a brutal hit.

His hit became sharper and I had to move faster now and I realized my hits were not as they used to be. I sent out a shot of energy that made wind act as my weapon of force. In his training, he has subtly tutored me to put my energy into my attacks. As I used my sword to clash with his, I pushed him back and felt the wind around me helping as Darwin was pushed backward looking surprised.

He raised his other sword to hit having the advantage of being able to use both hands to fight, I used my legs putting all my focus and energy in hitting his knees making him yelp in pain. Grabbing this opportunity I kicked one sword of his hand and another one I tangled with my sword and twisted it enough for his wrist to weaken with pain and he dropped his second sword.

And fell on the ground, my sword on his neck.

Absolute silence surrounded us as I won. Not only they have never seen a girl fight, but they also have never seen anyone win this.

And then Henley started applauding and rest of the soldiers followed but not the hypocrite council or the Queen. King looked awed and proud of me. Even Darwin was grinning.

"Apologies if I was harsh for a minute, I couldn't believe I was losing to a Princess." He said truthfully that surprised me.

"Thank you for letting me pass the test fairy." 

"If you allow Highness, she will be a valuable addition to the League." Darwin looked at Henley who nodded.

"Blasphemous."A member of the council yelled.

And I saw others nod in agreement.

"Where did she learn such techniques?" One asked.

And I thought this might play as I wanted it. They will suspect me and how I might be a spy sent in with training.

"She was trained since she was a little kid." King's voice surprised us all.

He knew, of course, he knew. So someone else knew my secret and didn't judge me for it. As much as I felt glad that he believed in me and didn't mock me for a girl who can protect herself, he just shattered my plan.

"You knew that father?" Henley asked.

He just smiled and nodded. He was indeed my father's best friend. Somehow my father's smile came into my mind and I felt my eyes watering.

The mumble of disapproval from the gathered did no good now that King and the Prince both supported me.

But then I noticed the Queen who looked at me hatefully and with suspicion and I caught my chance to survive here. I will give her more chances to be suspicious of me. Just to make sure, I gave her the sliest smile possible.

"Princess, you are playing a dangerous game," Tahira whispered as everyone scattered and we walked to my room.

"I am just playing the game your Prince started, I am assuming killing Henley is a bluff because if it was possible you would have killed him already," I said completely bluffing myself because my life was meaningless now.

I literally had no hope of family, friends, love or life. I was a chess piece so I will live like one.

"There is a thin line between brave and foolish Princess, don't cross it," Tahira warned her.

"Or what? You will make a scorpion attack me?"

"I noticed many soldiers were ogling you." Tahira casually mentioned.

"Did you notice that I just defeated their leader?"

"Only because you are fully sober. Everyone already believes you lost your virtue, wouldn't it be fun if you are found in a half-drunken state with any soldier."

"You wouldn't dare. Henley will kill you." I said slightly terrified.

"You know why I was recruited Princess don't you? I come from Nevarlia, raised to be a spy. Least I can do is charm men and capture minds. Like you, I was personally trained from the mind manipulator himself."

Bretrarum trained her, I felt the loss of air on her words.

Now I know why Henley trusted her with me.

"Why can't you get the secret from him then?" I said now in a smaller tone.

"Because whoever is protecting this Kingdom is also blocking the secret. It will not come out with magic unless Henley decides to share it with you himself."

I was trapped, I was terribly trapped more than I was in that little room the monster kept me in.

"You have a month princess, better start using your love charm on Prince Henley." She said with a vindictive smile.

It had actually come to the worse because now I was thinking about ways I could kill myself.

As I was alone in the room for a moment Tahira standing guard outside as per Henley's order, I pulled out the keepsake Bretrarum gave me and threw it out the window staring down as it shattered like I assume my bones would falling from that height.

No one was responsible for my happiness, why should I worry about anyone?

---

Do you guys hate me right now?

But if you are reading this I love you all!

Sorry for keeping this chapter Dark Prince free, he needs some time off the limelight, as a punishment of course for hurting our Princess.

A little secret: Until now this story was preplanned, now what happens will be completely my mood and your opinions. So please do comment :)

NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 56 11
Story about a broken girl and not so broken boy. ✴▫✴▫✴ Let's repair the broken.
733 104 16
For as long as Ray could remember, she's felt as if she's been drowning in an endless sea, struggling to keep her flickering flame alive. An invisibl...
3.8M 119K 47
In a world where vampires have taken over, humans are treated like dirt underneath vampires' feet. Humans are considered inferior to the vampires. Th...
1.8K 278 32
Brooklynn Daniels wants her eight grade year to go by as fast as possible so she can start her interesting life in high school. Neat clubs, cool boys...