We, the Dreamers: A RWBY x Wa...

By After_Hours_Writer

In the furthest depths of the void, a new solar system was discovered. A system of planets, unknown to any fo... More

Chapter One: I Mean You no Harm
Chapter Two: An Invitation
Chapter Three: The Ride There
Chapter Four: Meeting the Ice Queen
Chapter Five: Initiation Preparation
Chapter Six: Partners
Chapter Seven: Stress
Chapter Eight: New Roommates
Chapter Nine: The First Day
Chapter Eleven: Lesson Learned
Chapter Twelve: Conspiracy
Chapter Thirteen: Revelation
Chapter Fourteen: Jaunedice
Chapter Fifteen: Jealousy
Chapter Sixteen: Forever Falls
Author's Note: Quite A Dilemma
Chapter Seventeen: Rememberence
Chapter Eighteen: Tending Wounds
Chapter Nineteen: The Stray
Chapter Twenty: Chaos
Chapter Twenty-One: The Beach
Chapter Twenty-Two: Board Games & Investigation
Chapter Twenty-Three: Quality Time
Chapter Twenty-Four: Distress Call
Chapter Twenty-Five: Intimacy
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Orokin's Ball
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Tiny Kubrow
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Hunt
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Search and Destroy
Chapter Thirty: Vytal Festival
Chapter Thirty-One: A "Gift" From the Void
Chapter Thirty-Two: A Gruesome Finale
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Dreamer's Greatest Nightmare
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Inevitable
Volume II Preview: Defy our Destiny
Volume II / Chapter One: Natah
Volume II / Chapter Two: Prison Break
Volume II / Chapter Three: Coming Home
Volume II / Chapter Four: Reclamation of Vale
Volume II / Chapter Five: War on the Grineer
Volume II / Chapter Six: Patch
Volume II / Chapter Seven: Formalities
Volume II / Chapter Eight: Stolen Army
Volume II / Chapter Nine: Hostage
Volume II / Chapter Ten: Love United
Volume II / Chapter Eleven: The Calm Before The Storm
Volume II / Chapter Twelve: The Storm After The Calm

Chapter Ten: Sparring

4.9K 70 100
By After_Hours_Writer

A Few Minutes Later...
Mr. Port's Classroom...

Ryoma: Well that's rather...strange.

The classroom of professor Port's Grimm Studies watched as the aspiring valedictorian, Weiss Schnee, stood ready in front of a child sized box. Myrtenaster aimed, she narrowed her eyes in focus as her teammates cheered her on from the sidelines.

Yang: Goooo, Weiss!

Blake was waving a small, unofficial team RWBY pennant.

Blake Belladonna: Fight well!

Ruby: Yeah, represent teeeeam RWBY!

Losing her focus, the young girl lowered her rapier and looked over at her leader, unamused by her cheering.

Weiss: Ruby, I'm trying to focus!

Ruby: Oh, umm....sorry.

Ryoma: Hmm?

Ryoma: All she did was join in. Why target just her?

As she refocused on the box, it began to shake violently much to the Tenno's confusion before the professor of the class spoke with excitement.

Mr. Port: Alllllllright!

Ryoma: Why is the box shaking?

Grabbing a dual edged axe/ blunderbuss hybrid weapon from his desk, the professor raised it up over the box's lock.

Mr. Port: Let the match begin!

Ryoma: ?

Slamming the weapon down onto the lock, the professor backed away as a small boar emerged from the box in a fit of rage, it's sights locked on to the young girl as it immediately charged at her.

Ryoma: !?

Ryoma: What the-!? Oh wait...

Looking at the whiteboard in front of him, he noticed the creature's anatomy drawn up there.

Ryoma: Boarbatusk. Right. I thought it was a new species of Bolarola for a second.

Continuing to watch, the Tenno took notice of the young girl's skill as she deflected the creature's attack and took stance forward her opponents next move.

Mr. Port: Ha-ha! Wasn't expecting that, were you!?

Ryoma: No. I wasn't, really.

Ruby: Hang in there, Weiss!

Speeding towards the beast, Weiss took on the offensive as she aimed the tip of her blade at the creature's skull. Upon collision, the blade did nothing to the Grimm but side in between its large tusks. With her weapon stuck, Weiss held onto the hilt and pulled against the boarbatusk in a struggle to free it.

Mr. Port: A bold new approach. I like it!

Ruby: C'mon, Weiss, show it who's boss!

Losing her focus once again, Weiss turned to glare at Ruby, only for the beast to turn it's body and rip the sword away from her grip. In that time, the sword was finally loose, laying behind the Grimm as it knocked down its opponent with its tusks.

Ryoma: Ohhhhh no...

Mr. Port: Oh ho!

Ryoma: This is looks bad.

Mr. Port: What will you do without your weapon?

As the Grimm charged once more at her, Weiss rolled beside it, dodging it as she sprinted towards Myrtenaster. Grabbing the weapon from the ground, the young girl took another stance as her young leader gave advice.

Ruby: Weiss! Go for its belly! There's no armor there!

Finally, she snapped. Turning her head towards her leader, Weiss rebuttaled in anger.

Weiss: Ruby! Stop telling me what to do!

Looking beside him, the Tenno saw Ruby's face react to the rebuttal, from an expression of happiness to one of distraught and hurt. Looking down at herself, the young girl shook her head in shame as the creature shrieked in agony beside them.

Ryoma: Geez.

Mr. Port: Bravo! Bra-vo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true Huntress-in-training! I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings, and... stay vigilant! Class dismissed!

Ryoma: Miss Schnee...

Looking back up at Weiss, the Tenno saw her glare at them before leaving the classroom.

Ryoma: Was there really a need for that?

One Hour Later...
Miss Goodwitch's Combat Class...

Glynda: For today, we only have time for one sparring session. A mock up of a matchup among you here. Mr. Nagare, you will serve as the first match of the year. Could you please step forward into the arena?

In the next class of the day, the Tenno stood from his seat next to his teammates and approached the headmaster's assistant, standing in the center of a large, empty arena. As he stood in the brightly lit arena, he took a good look at his surroundings, seeing several empty seats surrounding him, as well as a small clutter of people watching over him from above. His classmates in this case. It was from there he saw Weiss Schnee sitting all alone several seats down from the rest of the class, still angered from the events prior.

Glynda: Mr. Nagare. Since you will be serving as the first match, I will allow you to choose your opponent just this once.

Not paying attention to her, the Tenno  came back to his senses as he no longer focused on Weiss, but towards that of class.

Ryoma: Huh? I'm sorry, I was umm...

Glynda: Your opponent?

Ryoma: Hmm?

Ryoma: Opponent?

Glynda: Yes, Mr. Nagare. Your opponent. For this session.

Ryoma: I...

Looking up at the crowd, the Tenno scanned around for anyone to serve as a sparring partner, only to think about the unknown.

Ryoma: I still don't know any of them well enough...

The Tenno shrugged, unsure of himself.

Ryoma: I don't know.

Sighing to herself, the Huntress turned her back towards the group of students and asked.

Glynda: Would anyone else here wish you partake in this session?

Seeing a few hands raise up, a stern voice drew the attention of everyone present.

Weiss: I will.

Ryoma: Hmm?

Glynda: ?

First Year Class: ?

As mass confusion filled the room, the snow colored girl stepped forward from her lonely seat towards them with a look of determination in her sky blue eyes.

Ryoma: Miss Schnee?

Glynda: Miss Schnee...

Weiss: I'll show you all that I deserve to lead this team.

Glynda: Very well. Grab your armaments and prepare for battle.

Unsheathing Myrtenaster from her hip, the young girl spoke to the headmaster's assistant.

Weiss: Ready.

Glynda: Mr. Nagare?

Seeing Weiss' glare, the Tenno nodded as he began to leave for team RWBY's dorm.

Ryoma: I will need to gather my belongings.

5 Minutes Later...

Returning to the arena, the Tenno brought back with him a brass knuckle type sparring weapon of void origin, created using hardened prisma crystals as its main source of stopping power. A weapon that attaches to the users hands and feet and amplifying their punches and kicks. A weapon known simply as Prisma Obex.

Ryoma: I'm ready.

Weiss: ?

Taking a defensive stance on the other side of the arena, the Tenno thought to himself about his situation as he waited for the match to begin.

Ryoma: I stand here in my natural form, waiting for a fight against a young girl that I have no clue about. Her strength, stamina, dexterity, all unknown factors to me as I've only seen her fight the Boarbatusk. No doubt here they have the ability to fight, otherwise they wouldn't be here in the first place. With my frame, this would be a fight, but here.... I don't know.... I might lose.

Weiss: No.

Ryoma: Huh?

Glynda: ?

Weiss: I don't know what you're doing, Ryoma, but I don't need a handicap, nor do I want it.

Ryoma: I... don't know what you're-.

Weiss: Your armor.

Ryoma: Oh...

Weiss: I wish to fight you in your element.

Ryoma: I don't know why you'd-....

Looking around, the Tenno noticed the headmaster's assistant nodding in response to Weiss' statement.

Glynda: If you don't mind.

Ryoma: I....

The Tenno sighed in sadness as he began to take off the sparring weapons from his limbs, tossing them down in front of him.

Ryoma: Sure...

Closing his eyes, the Tenno began the process of transference, quickly dissipating into dust before returning from the void inside Rhino Prime. Seeing this, the other students displayed a mix of awe and confusion as the Tenno bent down and attached the weapons back onto himself.

Yang: What the-?

Blake: That's.... strange.

Yang: I wanna know how he did that.

Ruby: ....

Standing up, the Tenno took a defensive stance once again, thinking to himself again as he waited for the match to begin.

Ryoma: So much for practicing my actual self.

Across the arena, Weiss took on a more offensive stance as the headmaster'sassistant spoke.

Glynda: You know the rules: the match will only end once your aura depletes into the red, or you fall out of bounds.

Ryoma: I'll have to stay on the defensive and-. Wait, Aura?

Glynda: On your mark...

Ryoma: Wait, what's an aura?

Glynda: Get set...

Ryoma: I haven't reached that chapter, yet!

Glynda: Draw!

Ryoma: Oh boy...

Seeing Weiss speed towards the Tenno, he could only make a vague assumption.

Ryoma: I'm guessing we'll stop when blood is drawn.

*STCHHHHHHHHIING!*

With a small adjustment to the angle of Prisma Obex, the weapon slid with the blade of Myrtenaster away from the Tenno's face, creating a fountain of white sparks while doing so. With one fist blocking the thrust of her rapier, the other began to move below towards Weiss' stomach. Seeing this, she pulled away as quickly as possible, dodging a straight punch to the stomach. It was there that the first strike had been made.

Over time, the two of them had studied one another while fighting. While Weiss had aggressively swiped and stabbed at the Tenno, he had dodged, deflected, and at one point, grabbed ahold of Myrtenaster. It was during this that students had watched with fascination, many of which cheering them on.

Nora: C'mon Ryoma, crush her!

Pyrrha: They're both doing rather well, don't you think?

Ren: Considering the lack of semblance being used, yes.

Jaune: What a woman....

Blake: I'm not really sure who to cheer for, considering they're both our teammates. What about yo-?

Yang: Go Ryoma!

Blake: ......nevermind.

After a few minutes of fighting, determined to end it, Weiss began adjusting the chamber of Myrtenaster's hilt. Using her semblance, she began to summon a cyan colored glyph from her free hand, much to the defensive Tenno's confusion.

Ryoma: Huh? How is she-?

Placing both her glyph hand and Myrtenaster down to the ground, a rapidly spreading sheet of ice was formed, spreading from her all around the Tenno's position.

Ryoma: !?

Before he could move, the sheet of ice had encapsulated both his feet, rendering him unable to move them.

Ryoma: WHA-!?

Looking up, he had noticed Weiss closing the gap between them once more and aggressively slashing and stabbing at him again. Dodging and deflecting what he could, the Tenno could feel an occasional tearing amd puncture of the flesh and Orokin as he thought to himself about the fight.

Ryoma: She has a fighting talent, I must give her that. To match the speed of a Tenno Warframe. Still... I have yet to be on the offensive, nor do I have any desire to.

Weiss: Come on, Ryoma!

Ryoma: Hmm?

Stopping herself short of puncturing his chest, Weiss began to back away, much to everyone's dismay.

Nora: Oh, come on! I want bloodshed!

Ren: Nora!

Weiss: Other than the initial hit, you haven't even made an attempt to go on the offensive.

Ryoma: I....

Weiss: If I'm going to fight against you, I'd rather you fight at your absolute best! Don't even think about my strength!

Ryoma: But...

Weiss: No buts, you imbecile!

The Tenno, despite trying his absolute best to keep a calm manner, began to have a spasm in the right eye, twitching uncontrollably as she finished her speech.

Weiss: Fight me! Don't be like that child of a leader!

Taking a deep breath, the Tenno closed his eyes after hearing such insults. Upon opening them back up, he spoke with a much more aggressive tone.

Ryoma: Sore de...
[So be it...]

Pulling on his feet, the Tenno broke loose from the shackles of ice.

Weiss: ?

Ryoma: Kore de owaridesu.
[This ends now.]

Clenching his fists, the Tenno yelled as he raised his foot up as high as he could.

Ryoma: Ima sugu kuso!
[Right fucking now!]

*BOOM!*

Stomping the ground with malicious intent, the Tenno created a massive shockwave all around him, destroying both the ice and the ground with a volatile blast. Within its radius, Weiss was knocked a few inches away before being placed into a state of stasis. Her frustration and anger quickly changed to shock and fear as she discovered that she could no longer move a fiber of her body. Frozen, stuck, unable to do anything, all she could do was watching helplessly as the Tenno came crashing down from above her, fist pulled back, and aimed at her face.

Ryoma: Anata wa kore o motomemashita.
[You asked for this.]

*POW!*

Ryoma: Sore nimokakawarazu, gomen'nasai.
[And despite that, I'm sorry.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 754 18
Y/N L/N was an average young man whose normal life drastically changed when he woke up in the middle of the woods, not knowing how he got there. Thin...
47.7K 844 50
After the events of Max Steel Season 2 with The destruction of Makino and Just after the events of, the Wrath of Makino, but before the Morpheus movi...
4.4K 116 79
After transformers prime megaton goes into exsyal but on his way he start to fall into a black hole witch send him to another dimension Where he's hu...
8.7K 137 12
Y/n is on a never ending journey. He had made some friends during his travels. what awaits him now.