Sliver Fang: Found ✔

By josie321

The only family member Imani had was her mother. After the death of her mother, Imani's whole world is turned... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Soundtrack
Silver Fang: Living Like Royalty

Chapter 21

1.1K 64 8
By josie321

 Imani

The smell of leaves and trees fills my nose as I run through the forest. The wind is blowing through my far and the leaves crush beneath my paws. I run through the trees howling. It feels so good to be free. I didn't know running with my wolf would be this exhilarating. I feel so powerful and free. I never felt this way before. 

I hear a howl coming from behind me and I continue to run not looking back. I felt a presence come up from behind me. It was a white wolf with blue eyes. The wolf had a purple crescent moon on its forehead. I don't know why but it feels natural being next to this wolf.  We continued to run in the forest until finally I got tired and we took a rest near a lake. I watch as the wolf bends down to take a sip of water from the lake. The white wolf is so beautiful. It's bigger and stronger than me but we look the same. I look at myself in the reflection of the water. Unlike the other wolf, my eyes are gold. 

The white wolf slowly makes its way towards me and stands beside me and looks at the water. 

Something about this scene looks familiar but I don't know why. 

"What is it about you?" I heard a woman's voice. I looked to my side to see a necked woman's body. She is wearing a silver wolf's mask. On her body, I can see little stars shining and swimming around her skin. 

"After all these years I still can't understand why he chooses you every time." She said. I don't understand what she is talking about but I remember this aura.

"Are you Mawu?" I asked. She turned her head to the side. 

"I am called many things." She said standing up. 

"So Ms. Imani what is this time?" She said crossing her arms. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"Well, I don't just show up for no reason. What is it that you want or have you already gotten what you wanted." She said. 

I thought for a moment about what she said. 

"Have you found your truth?" She asks. 

"I--I don't know," I said. "I think I am learning the truth but I feel like I am missing something. And now I found out my best friend is a wolf too." I said with a sigh.  "I just wish I knew what am I supposed to do. I don't even know why my mother kept everything from me." I said. 

"Well, You could ask her." She said. I look at her confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"Ask and you shall receive." She said spreading out her arms. 

"I--I--" I didn't know what to say. My mother is dead and I have come to terms with that. I never thought it would be possible to see her again let alone speak to her. 

The Mawu laughed and put her arms down. "Well, this story is getting boring." She said and walked into the lake. "I think I'll need to speed up the process. I bet he would like that." She said with a laugh. Her body slowly turns the water black and I can see little stars forming in the water. It's like her skin is becoming one with the water. 

"Take care Imani and remember that not everything is black and white." She said. 

I wake up to see the sun shining out of my window. I look around my room to make sure everything I saw was a dream. Taking off the covers from my body I notice my feet are covered in dirt. 

"What in the world?" I said confused. I can't believe Mawu was actually in my dream.  I get up and go to take a shower. As I take a shower I start to think about my Mawu, my mother, and Eric. If I would have answered yes I don't know what I would say to my mom. I think I would just be shocked to see her. Will it really be that easy if I just ask her? 

I don't understand why I saw Mawu in my dream. Is this normal? If I remember correctly only royal wolves are the direct link to Mawu. And mom is from the capital we confirmed that. And my wolf looks different from my dad's and everyone else in the pack. I don't want to jump ahead of myself because I don't know what my mother's family looks like. Maybe being a white wolf isn't common here but it is that the capital. I think the only way I am going to get answers is by going to the capital. 

It's funny because I thought by finding my father I thought all my questions will get answered, but instead, I am filled with more questions than answers. I don't know how I am going to face Eric again although Ben wants me to stay away from him for a while. I am not upset that he kept this wolf a secret from me since I did the same. But I am upset that he didn't tell me the truth about my mom knowing the reason I left was so search for my family. 

After my shower, I got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast. This week is Benjy's last week for school and then he will be on summer vacation. There are just two weeks left until I am finally introduced to the pack. I am so nervous and I am afraid of what the pack would think about me considering my mom was supposed to be the pack's luna. 

I was outside in the backyard drawing to past the time when Zoe came outside to sit next to me on the patio. I didn't say anything and continued to focus on my drawing. 

Zoe let out a sigh before she finally spoke. "I am sorry." She said. I look over to my side and squint my eyes at her. 

"I am serious. I thought long and hard about it and thanks to my mother's influence I realize I shouldn't have been rude to you and your friend even though I was right. I never had a friend so sometimes I am bad at reading the room. I am sorry." She said. 

I close my book and turn my body to face her. 

"I'm sorry too. You were right. But I didn't like how you inserted an opinion that no one asked for. And just like you, I am still learning about my wolf. I wasn't trying to making you out like the bad guy I just wanted you to respect my boundaries especially since he is my childhood friend and still is." I said. 

"That is fair." She said nodding her head. "I think because I am a mix-breed I was a little jealous of you and Eric." 

"Jealous?" I said confused. 

"Yeah, because he is a rogue wolf with no parents and he is able to live his life normally. While I had to spend most of my life hiding and being in fear of being different." She said. 

"Why is being mixed dangerous?" I asked. 

"Well, I am a half-vampire and half wolf. My father was a vampire. Not only we are rare, but we are also a danger to society which is why we are illegal. Our fangs have venom that can kill wolves and vampires, we are harder to kill, faster, and stronger. We are seen as a threat to the other races. And being mixed has its disadvantages like we have a stronger blood lust and are easily upset. We are a wild card." She says. As I listen to them speak I can hear how scared she is. Scared for others and herself. I didn't know Zoe was going through all of that. 

"Well if it means anything I trust you," I said with a smile. "I mean if I can't trust my own family who can I trust?" I said. "And thank you for your apology," I said and reach over to pull her into a hug. I pat her back and hug her tight. She doesn't hug me back. 

"Don't worry Zoe you and your mother are no longer alone. You don't have to go through this alone anymore." I said patting her back. 

After making up with Zoe, I filled her in on things that have been going on. I told her about how I found out about Eric's wolf and she freaked out. 

"I can't believe he wasn't killed on site." She said. 

"I know that's what they told me too. But he's just like us Zoe. It turns out it was my mom who helped him. She knew he was a wolf and had him swear to protect me." I said. 

"Wow, so your mom has more secrets than we thought." She said. 

"Right!" I said in agreement. I also tell her about what we found going back to her cabin home and that Benjy and how made a truce. 

"So that little boy finally grew up." She said sitting back.

"Yeah, so will see how long that lasts he stills owes me a wig. And I need to get him back." I said still upset that he ruined my wig. 

"Oh, I have an idea." Zoe said with a laugh.

"O Griet!" 

Zoe and I were cracking up in my room as we heard Benjy yelling in the shower. Zoe came up with the idea of switching out Benjy's shampoo. We changed it to hair dye and dyed his hair blond. I wanted to dye it green but that would be hard to do with his natural hair color. So now his curly brown hair is now all blond. 

"WHAT THE--"

"Honey, what's going on?" Oliva said running upstairs. Zoe and I stick our heads out of the door to see what's going to happen.  "Mom look at me!" Benjy yelled opening the door. His body and hair are wet and he is wearing nothing but a towel. 

"Oh, my--" Oliva gaps in shock looking at Benjy's hair. 

"I look like fucking Sisqo!" He yelled touching his hair. 

That's when Zoe and I died and fell to the floor laughing. 

"Imani!" Benjy yelled. "You did this?" He did in shock. I couldn't answer him because I was too busy laughing. Now the image of Sisqo will never leave my mind. 

"This isn't over!" he yelled going back to the bathroom. 

"Don't worry sweetie we--we can fix this." Oliva says trying to calm him down.

"How mom?"

"Well look at the bright side it's the last week of school," Zoe said still laughing. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 55 42
Abandoned as a baby and found by humans. Diamond Black grows up blissfully unaware of the fact that she's a werewolf human hybrid. Nevertheless, she'...
343 18 7
Imani Cash felt like her life was on a never ending loop. Trying her best to make it through the days, she finds herself constantly struggling. She'...
429K 21.2K 25
After viewing the horrific and traumatizing destruction of her pack, Salina has to take care of her younger brother on her own and also find another...
23.6K 920 16
Imani works for one of the top companies in the world as the personal assistant to the CEO. She been working with him almost 4years and even though i...