Time is Precious

By WriterAEF

© 2019, 2020, 2022 & 2023 Written by A. E. F. All Rights Reserved. A collection of flash fiction that vibran... More

Copyright
Hoofbeats
Traffic Jam
Broke Me
Of Princes and Princesses
She Got In
Will They Like It?
A Musing
Insomnia
Wrecked
Friendship
Hair
Montana
Apart
Catch of the Day
A Little Philly Street
Unblissfully Responsible
Sunday Night
How Far?
Kaleidoscope
No Such Thing as Can't
American Ice Cream
Did You Know?
Very Very
Retrograde Baby
Legacy Soundtrack
In Good Times AND Bad
Safe and Scents
Rusted
Stirring
Blockage
Tweezers Catching Sand

Unwanted Visitor

37 6 2
By WriterAEF

Unwanted Visitor by A. E. F.

Autobiographical-Non-Fiction.

Copyright 2019 All Rights Reserved.

My respiration finally quieted and only a faint echo of movement beat in my chest. A stillness settled like a warm, fuzzy blanket over my mind, enveloping it in quiet comfort. With the loss of outside stimulation, I could feel the tranquility roll across my being like tiny foam bubbles gliding across a pebbled beach. It had rained last night and Mother Nature's damp earthen perspiration still permeated the air. So calm was I that I barely noticed it at first. The longer I laid there on the rug, however, the more intense a feeling of a hair or something small niggled at my forearm. Pleasantly lucid by this point, I didn't think much of it. I reached over to brush off the offending stray strand but when my fingers closed over a smooth shell with fluid appendages I shrieked like a banshee as my heart accelerated with my now leaping body to the nearest piece of furniture.

Originally written for the Flash Fiction Forum-April 2019-Book of Life challenge on Wattpad:

www.wattpad.com/story/182992649-book-of-life-challenge

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Gentle touch By K

General Fiction

56.4K 1.3K 33
It had been mere months after her eighteen birthday, when she was pulled from the safe haven of her life and forced into the fantasy the women had cr...
393K 13.6K 42
Vikram, a senior officer, prioritizes his duty above all else, much like his father, ACP Rajendra. He has three siblings: one is an officer, and the...
215K 12.7K 44
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...
Fate By Mani

General Fiction

360K 18.5K 96
fate : be destined to happen, turn out, or act in a particular way. Often people try to navigate through life with their own plans and wonder why thi...