Ray Oneshot Book [The Promise...

KazuKazuyas

A collection of Ray x Reader oneshots!! This oneshot book may include: •Fluff •Angst •Anime and Manga Spoiler... Еще

Table of Oneshots
A Different Escape
Hideaway
TPN Anime North!
A Bouquet For You
Ray's Sorrow
Destiny's Taunting
Let Me Go, Papa
Night Terrors
Survivors
Discontinued

What Now, Papa?

18K 271 1.3K
KazuKazuyas

Reversed Promised Neverland AU

This story is unrelated from the original plot!

Papa!Ray x Child!Reader

[Angst?]

Requested by: Anonymous

You climbed up to the top of the tallest tree near the concrete wall. The books you held so dearly were wrapped together by your makeshift rope and you pulled them up to you.

After stationing yourself against the tree, you chucked the books over the wall. They slide and fall over the edge. You pulled the rope stopping the books from falling down. You used it as an anchor, jumping from the branch and slowly walking up the wall as the books pulled you up.

An arm's length away from the top, you reached with one hand. Pushing yourself, you grabbed onto the ledge. You let go of the rope and the books drop down.

You swung your elbow up, you felt your grip loosen from the sweat of your palms. Bringing your knee up, you finally pulled yourself up on the wall.

Panting, you laid on your back. Trying to catch your breath, you smiled. You wiped the sweat off your forehead, sighing with sweet victory.

Suddenly, you hear a soft thud. The books? You thought. It didn't make sense to you because you let go of them a while ago. They should have hit the ground the second you dropped it.

Rolling over, you crawled over to the edge. Looking down, your heart suddenly dropped to your stomach. Your lips quivered in disbelief.

"A-A cliff..." Your voice was tight.

You felt sick, you felt so hopeless. A second ago you thought about all the things you would do once you would get out of this plant. But you stared down, the bottom was dark and so far from where you were.

"No..." Your breathing quicken.

Just turning your head, you saw it scaled for miles a bottomless pit, waiting to swallow you whole.

You began to feel nauseous, your escape was useless. All your efforts were useless.

You stood up onto your feet, not taking your eyes off the cliff. The wind came up and blew against your face, ruffling your hair in different directions.

Looking beyond, there were trees. A huge forest with a large river flowing through. The sun was covered with thick clouds.

Feeling betrayed, you took a few steps back. Your eyes were wide with sadness. You covered your mouth with your shaking hands, fighting the urge to scream your lungs out.

That's it, your chance at another life was taken by this gaping cliff. An impossible jump, you didn't want to think about it.

Your 12th birthday was a week from today.

•••

You clutched your white pillow as you buried your face into it, trying to mute your sobs. Although everyone was called for dinner, you couldn't find your appetite.

You didn't cry because you skipped dinner. You cried because you were dying next week, you were going to be eaten by those filthy demons.

"[Y/N], we started eating dinner." A deep voice was heard from the door.

You couldn't lift your head from your pillow, scared that Ray was going to find out about your escape attempt. He always finds out all your problems.

"Papa, I don't feel so good..." You groaned.

Ray walks up to your bed, he places a plate full of hot food on your side table. Ray sits next to you. Your heart picks up the pace, you became anxious.

"Are you sick? Did you get hurt?" Ray asks.

"I fell from a tree..." You gulped. The truth was, you fell from the wall and landed on your left arm. "I think I bruised my shoulder..."

"You should be more careful next time, you're old enough to know not to be so reckless," Ray says.

"I know, Papa." Your voice dropped. You couldn't stand being near him.

"You remind me of my childhood friend," Ray stares at the wall in front of him. "She was hyper like you. Always climbing trees and running through the forest."

Turning your head, you wiped your tears and looked at Ray's back. His black hair matched the black button up he had.

"What happened to her?" You asked, trying to change the subject.

"About ten years ago," Ray shifts his gaze and looks down at you, "She was adopted into a foster family."

You stayed silent, staring into Ray's dull eyes. You felt so angry, knowing she was probably taken by those demons.

"Make sure you eat, [Y/N]." Ray stands up. "We want you to be fully healthy when you get adopted."

"Are my parents going to be nice to me, Papa?" You asked with a hard voice.

He barely shows any reaction, but his eye twitches slightly. "I'm sure they will be happy to see you."

Smiling, you felt empty. "Will you miss me?"

"Of course, everyone will." He makes his way towards the door.

"Hey, Papa..." You stared at his back with hatred.

Ray was silent.

"Can you bring me all my books?"

•••

A week has passed, your arm was healed from the bruises. Ray told you to be careful to not hurt yourself because your family wouldn't like an injured child.

The day ended and everyone was asleep, even Ray was nowhere to be seen. You laid on your bed, your eyes were wide open.

There was a soft tick and then a chime from the clock, midnight. You were officially twelve years old.

Getting up from your bed, you slipped your outdoor boots on. You fixed your button up and skirt. Quietly flipping the blanket onto your bed, you reached under.

You grabbed your new rope and a few of your bulky books, almost textbooks.

You folded your blanket and fixed your pillow, you made your bed. Slipping a small piece of paper under the pillow, you finally decided to leave.

Wrapping the rope around your shoulders, you filled your arms with your books.

Looking around, everyone was still asleep. You smiled sadly and closed your eyes, "Goodbye my brothers and my sisters..." Your voice was barely above a whisper.

Quietly, you made your way outside. You tiptoed past Ray's room and made sure to not step on any creaky floorboards. Opening the door slowly, you were greeted by bright stars.

It was nice and cool outside. You can hear the tree leaves rustle and soft cricket noises. The sky was a dark blue colour, setting the tone for this tragic night.

You closed the door and peeked around the corner. From behind a flower pot, you grabbed a small lantern and matches, you placed them there three days earlier when you planned everything.

"Goodbye house..." You sighed and rested your hands against the brick walls.

Placing the lantern on top of your books, you dashed into the forest. Once you were far enough from the house, you finally lit the lantern.

Now you were surrounded by a warm orange light and you didn't feel as anxious anymore. You walked through the trees and made your way towards the wall one last time.

You climbed the same tree for the last time and used the same method to get up to the top one last time too. You left the lantern on the ground beside the base of the tree, it wasn't like you needed it anymore.

Making it on top of the wall, you spread your arms wide and felt the cool night breeze flow up from the cliff.

"Goodbye... This life," You whispered while closing your eyes. Your lips curled up into a sad smile.

Your meaning of escape was to throw yourself into the cliff.

You wanted your body to be in a place where no one will be able to find it or get it or... eat it.

A bittersweet feeling arose in your stomach, you knew you were the good type of food those demons wanted. They waited twelve years for you and it was all for nothing.

No one will have my body. You laughed sadly to yourself.

You'll have to fall into this bottomless pit to get it.

"[Y/N]!"

You snapped back to your senses as your blood went cold. Your lips parted, "No..."

To your horror when you turned back, you saw Ray standing in front of the wall. He shuts his pocket watch and grits his teeth, your slip of paper being crushed in his other hand.

"Get down from there!" His voice was filled with anger, his face was illuminated by your forgotten lantern.

You stared at him with tired eyes.

"Goodbye Papa," You snapped. "I'm never coming back."

"Don't do this, after all I've done for you...!" He fumed. "I've fed you, kept you safe, put a roof over your head...!"

Those words just entered one ear and exited the other. You didn't want to hear anymore.

Ray began to stammer when you took a step back.

"How did you find out...?" You muttered.

"I saw your reactions," Ray said. "Your breathing, your sweat, your shaking body. This suicide note...!"

You felt gravity trying to pull you down, the back of your heels were on the edge of the wall.

"My child...!"

You ignored him.

Ray begins to stutter badly. "My beautiful child..."

Clicking your tongue, you pulled yourself back. You didn't want the last thing you hear to be Ray's voice.

"Don't do this...!" Ray pleads, digging into his pockets frantically. His eyebrows were furrowed. "Get down from there!"

"I'd rather die than be sent away, Papa!" You shouted, clenching your fist. "You're a liar, you're a killer-!"

"Get down, Emma!" He shouts.

Your eyes widen, you were familiar with that name. Ray slaps his hand over his mouth, surprised at his own words. He goes quiet.

"Your friend's name...?" You questioned.

Ray blinks to snap himself out of his trance.

"You did say I reminded you of your friend, Emma."

Ray stares up at you, he sighs in defeat, "Use this," He throws you a small box. "Do what my friends and I failed to do..."

You were quick on your feet and you lunged forward, catching the small tin box in your hands. Looking at it, it was beaten up, maybe a little crushed. It looked like a small taser.

"Papa, what-?"

"Go escape for all I care. Just please..." Ray furrows his eyebrows. "Suicide is not freedom..."

He continued to explain what happened to his childhood friends. Emma and Norman, they all wanted to escape. Ray says their plan was crushed once Emma's leg was broken by their own Papa. Norman was sent off and Ray couldn't pick himself up.

He said he failed to set himself and the house on fire. Their Papa took away Ray's lighter fuel and punished him.

They all gave up with escaping and accepted their fates. Ray was sent off to become a Papa and left Emma at the house. Ray doesn't know what happened to her but he expects the absolute worst.

As he confessed about the demons and children, you sat on the edge of the white wall, facing him and keeping a distance. Ray told you to stay away from the bridge that led to headquarters and said to find another way.

"What do I do now?" You asked with a hopeless voice. "Papa, I don't want to be sent away!" You wiped away your tears.

"Come down, [Y/N]." Ray holds out his hand. "Let's disable that tracker and I'll hide you in my second room."

"Papa?!" You exclaimed, tears flowing down your cheeks. "P-Papa...!'

"I'll feed you every day, I'll keep you safe..."

You held the box against your chest, gritting your teeth. You were hesitant with trusting him but it was the only way to live. You wanted to keep your brothers and sisters safe too, but you didn't know how.

"I don't know what to do...!" Your voice trembles with sadness.

"Jump down, I'll catch you."

Biting your lip, you turned back. You saw the dark forest and the bright stars, and the cliff.

"I got you, [Y/N]."

You couldn't think twice, your emotions were scattered all over the place. You felt like you were choking, standing on the wall made you sick. You didn't know if you could trust him.

You were stuck with two choices, an easy escape or an escape in Ray's arms.

You took a deep breath and forced yourself to choose. You stared at the cliff and you glanced down at Ray.

Soon, you went over the edge.

The escape you chose was the one your heart wants.

Finally, free.

I really enjoyed writing this request! It's a shame that I can't credit the requester ahh!

I left the ending opened to allow you guys to make your own decision!

Remember, there was no way I was promoting suicide. Just know that if you are going through a hard time, there are plenty of people to talk to. You can even talk to me!

Stay safe!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

687K 14.4K 38
The promised neverland X reader oneshots SPOILER WARNING Credits to owner who owns the drawing and memes. ( If you want it taken down please messag...
376K 2.1K 53
[forewarning: this book is discontinued] " 𝙎𝙪𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙡𝙮, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙜𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚...
39.2K 2K 52
You were born on an orphanage called "Grace Field" and have been raised there since then. As the time goes, you have three best friends with age the...
124K 2.7K 33
●Started January 10 2021 ●Ended 26 June 2021 This is a completed oneshots of The promised neverland! There are NO spoilers in some oneshots, so peopl...