Luna Bound | slow updates

Oleh EroticMarie

Luna's have gone extinct. Since birth, you could smell a Luna who was going to one day meet their Alpha mate... Lebih Banyak

preread
dedication
two ā§ hope
three ā§ king
four ā§ strange
five ā§ adonis
six ā§ escape
seven ā§ mate
eight ā§ bound
nine ā§ pack
ten ā§ hate

one ā§ luna

17.2K 827 279
Oleh EroticMarie

     THEY SAY THAT you can feel a Luna's power from the second they are born. From miles away, you can pinpoint exactly who will one day be a Luna, and how they will be the one to one day help lead a pack. They call them Luna Bound.

No one wants to be Luna Bound. There is not a single she-wolf in the entire world who wants to be mated to an alpha. From the very second you are born as a Luna Bound, you might as kiss living goodbye. People actually dedicate their entire lives to hunting down Luna Bounds to keep packs from gaining too much power. Those who do that are referred to as boundhunters.

The chances of a pack having a true Luna are so slim to the point that they rarely exist. To see an actual alive Luna Bound is almost like a myth. It's impossible.

My eyes skim through the pages of the book. It's a story dedicated to explaining Luna Bounds in full depth. Based on my findings, it states that the last known Luna Bound had found her Alpha. From the moment they mated and crowned her as queen, the entire royal pack became so powerful that they could rule almost anything. The pack of RoyalBloods.

After that, Luna Bounds began splurging. Wolves were so fearful that they would become just like their king and queen that they killed them. This left every alpha without his equal, his luna, his strength, and his power. A pack can survive without it's luna, but the pack can become so weak.

Now, the RoyalBlood pack is without a queen. Although, the pack is not weak-they're far from that. The Alpha just so happens to be unseen, unheard of, yet so feared. He's a king without a queen, and instead of it making him a depressed wolf like every other alpha, he's an angry one. It cuts him so deep that he's merciless.

Flipping the page, my eyes continued to scan the text. It talked about how the Alpha's who never find their Luna's either end up making someone else their luna, or dying without ever finding one.

After the boundhunters became hunters of Luna Bounds, the population of werewolves decreased drastically. Numbers almost split in half thanks to all the wolf packs that fell after their alpha's depression occurred. Big packs would prey on little packs. Alpha's wouldn't make thought out decisions, the power of a pack felt like nothing. There were so many explanations to why wolves were dying.

"Why you always in here reading? Don't you got a life or somethin'?" The voice of Atlas had asked. He plopped his ten-year-old body down right beside me. Turning my head to look at him, I watched as his nosy eyes looked over the text.

"I could be asking you the same thing. I mean, you're the one who's always worried about what I'm doing," I told him.

He didn't bother to pay a single clue to the words that came out of my mouth. In fact, his attention was aimed at the words on the book. Before I had a chance to stop it, he snatched the book from my hands and placed it in his. I watched as his finger came up to the bridge of his glasses before he pushed it back.

"Why are you so interested in Luna Bounds?" he asked, quirking up an eyebrow. His eyes wouldn't leave the book, though. I understood why, it's always interesting to gain information on what no one ever likes to talk about. The second our Alpha even hears the word Luna, he starts going crazy. Not only my alpha, but every alpha-every pack.

I answered him with a shrug. "I like information, Atlas."

"Touché," he whispered back. Atlas reminds me a lot of me when I was his age. He's the only person I actually like talking to. Sometimes, I really question why I'm friends with a ten-year-old, but then I remember that he's a strange kid. He seems more like an adult than most adults.

"I wonder what it would be like to meet a Luna Bound," Atlas spoke, finally taking his eyes off of my book.

"You shouldn't even bother wondering. It won't happen," I smiled sadly at him. The sad truth was that, and the more we fill ourselves with hope of one day finding our luna-the more heartbroken we end up. We can feel our alpha losing hope, it's coursing through all of us. The pack has gotten so gloomy and dark. No one even smiles anymore.

"I don't get it. What's so powerful about a luna to the point that they have to kill them before they even get a chance to live, Ena?" He asked. His eyes widened in curiosity and wonder. It pained me to see that small bit of sadness laced in his eyes. A sadness that wasn't his, it was a reflection of the pack.

"Look around you, Atlas. You're asking me what power does a Luna bring when you can see how powerless everyone is when we're without. Not only that, but look at page 347 paragraph 2," I spoke. He looked down at the book before flipping to the assigned page.

Once he was there, his eyes began skimming over the text. "The queen of werewolves brought a power that made all too scared to even compete against. With just a glance, she could transport water from her body to any directed target. For those who brought a threat to her pack, they were drowned from the eyes of the queen," he read aloud. Then, his eyes came back to mine as I held a smirk on my face.

"Luna sounds pretty bada*s, huh?" I ask him. His eyes widen as a smile makes its way on his face. He nodded proudly before he continued reading the book.

"Does every Luna have power, or is it just the queen?" Atlas asked. I folded my arms over my chest and began rubbing them to rid myself of the goosebumps. It was always cold in this library probably because it was the deepest place in the entire pack house.

"I'm not sure. If you think about it, there has to be something about every Luna, otherwise why are the boundhunters killing them off like a genocide. Maybe every Luna has a unique power. And by power, I don't just mean superpowers. What I mean is the power of truth, or- or loyalty. Atlas, I believe Luna Bounds are the key to humanity. We're wolves, only half sane. Without a luna, we become less and less human. That's the power. They want us to be more and more wolf," I try to explain. His eyebrows knit together as he nod his head in understanding.

"Why, though? Our creator, our moongoddess  specifically made us to be only half wolf. It wasn't an accident for us to have at least have some humanity," he spoke. As he spoke, the only thing that I could gather in my head was how wise he was. He pushed his glasses up farther on his nose again as he waited enthusiastically for my answer.

"That's the thing, Atlas. This isn't the way things are supposed to be. I remember when my mother used to tell me stories of when she had first met her Luna. It's magical and with a Luna, it feels like the pack is finally complete. We're supposed to experience that, but we probably never will," I said sadly. I watched as the enthusiasm Atlas had worn on his face suddenly dropped. He looked at the book in his hands before handing it back over to me.

"Yeah, we probably never will," he muttered before getting up from the chair we were sharing and began walking out of the library.

"Wait, Atlas!" I exclaimed. He turned around to look at me, the sadness in his eyes became more clear. This time the sadness was his, and it pained me so much to see it.

"You do know that I'm always here. If you want, I can play Luna. It's gonna be okay as long as Alpha doesn't lose hope," I told him.

"Xena, I don't want you to play Luna. I want a Luna, and sadly it's not you," he replied sadly before walking right out of the library doors. The loud sound of the door closing echoed through the entire empty library.

I let out a sigh before getting up from the chair. Grabbing my book, I began walking towards the back of the library. The shelves were so high that not even Godzilla could reach them. It just so happened to be the only place where I could inform myself of the things no one ever liked to talk about.

Remembering the exact place the book had been before I read it, I slid it right back between two books. My fingers trailed over the spines of numerous books, glancing at the titles. Then my eyes found the one book that seemed to capture my attention, King of Alphas.

I pulled the book off of the shelf, the small particles of dust made its appearance as I stared down at the black bland cover. Biting my lip, I flipped the book open.

"Xena," My alpha spoke through the mind link. I shut the book and immediately closed my eyes. A habit of mine is to close my eyes during a mindlink, or when I'm simply communicating with my wolf, Onyxia (AH-nix-EEa)

"Yes, Alpha?"

"I need you to come to my office immediately. By immediately, I do mean as fast as you can," he spoke. His voice sent a wave of chills by how cold and full of worry he sounded. It made my heart race with anxiety of what he could possibly want.

Sitting the book down on the chair, I hurriedly walked out of the library and up the stairs to enter the pack house. Omegas, the lowest on the hierarchy within a pack we're cleaning with their heads bowed down. In order to become an Omega you've had to had done something so disrespectful towards the pack that by the power of popular sovereignty, everyone decided to cast you to the bottom.

My walk was fast paced. Knowing that the Alpha's office was all the way on the other side of the very humungous pack house, I decided to speed it up even more.

My eyes glanced out the window as I passed by. One of the pup pack trainers, Jessica, was teaching the young future pack warriors how to kick properly. I miss the days back in pup-training, I felt most powerful and untouchable. The Alpha first recognized my talents at that point. Every single wolf I fought, I'd always win. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but toot toot!

"You're always tooting your own horn. Too- no," Onyxia stated. Rolling my eyes, I continued walking all the way until I made it to the mahogany doors of my alphas office.

My fist balled up as I lifted my arm up preparing to knock on the door until the door whisked open, and I was pulled in the office. The alpha had a look on his face that I haven't seen before. His eyes reeked an emotion no one would've guessed would be prepped on his face-hope.

Hope is scary thing for our pack. What's worse than hope is getting your hopes up too high only for it to end with utter disappointment.

"Yes, Alpha Javier?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.

My hands were folded behind my back like I was taught at a young age to show my alpha respect. He smiled at me, a smile I haven't seen in so long. I watched him gesture towards the chair in front of his desk as he walked around it to his swivel chair.

"My Luna is out there," he stated. I looked down at my feet before walking over to the chair he had directed me to sit in. My eyes were cast down, a habit many wolves had developed around him.

I wanted to tell him that he's wrong, but I couldn't. Truthfully, I'm not one-hundred percent sure she's not out there. Although, I am one-hundred percent sure that if she's out there, she's as good as dead the second he finds her. There's no way he could protect her, and if other packs hear that he had found his Luna-they're going to be so consumed of jealousy that they may just attack.

"What makes you sure, Alpha?" I ask as respectively as I can. Slowly, I lift my eyes up to meet his orbs. They were deep in thought as if he were recalling a memory.

"She called out to me," he spoke. This caused my eyebrows to knit together in confusion. My brain surfed through the memories of the book and no where have I ever read that a Luna Bound can call out to their mate.

"Are you sure that it wasn't more of a thing that you want to hear rather than something that you did hear?" I tried my best to make it sound as nice as possible. Then again, how can you make a question like that sound nice?

He smiled. It wasn't the reaction I was expecting. I would've guessed that he would yell and call me stupid or something, but no, he smiled. "She told me that she is gonna wait for me at Tampa Bay Creek, and that she needs me."

I bit down on my lip. I should just tell him that this doesn't sound right. It sounds all too good to be true, it can't be this easy. There is no such thing as a Luna.

Also, if he goes to Tampa Bay Creek and it's just some trap, our pack will no longer be a pack. We would be forced to relocate on human land or join another pack. This pack can't survive with an alpha.

"You cant go," I stated. He looked taken back by my words. Quite frankly, I was taken back by my words also. It sounded like a demand, and it is punishable to demand an alpha.

"I want you to," he told me. This caused my eyebrows to pull together even more. Shaking my head, I could feel my heartbeat increasing. "Allow me to rephrase, as your alpha I demand you to go to Tampa Bay Creek, find my mate, and bring her back to me alive."

Onyxia whimpered and I had to take a deep breath to keep myself from popping off. "When?"

"Right now," he told me. The smile that he had worn when I first entered this office had returned. He's sending me on a death mission, and he's smiling. A part of me wanted to slap him and say what the hell are you thinking? There is no luna! Then again, he is my alpha. What he says must happen, I have to make it happen.

"Yes, Alpha."

𝕝𝕖𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕒𝕪. . .
You have just successfully read my first chapter of Luna Bound. My first werewolf book! I have been reading werewolf stories for the longest, and I even had attempted writing a werewolf story before ( ended up deleting it because I did not like it at all ) but that was a couple years ago. I feel like this story is very different, and to me, those are the best stories to write. It makes it fun because it's like you're making your own rules. I hope you guys liked, and stay tuned for more.

𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕦𝕡𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖 : a couple minutes

PLEASE VOTE.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.6K 234 14
"Oh Vixen, I'm not going to kill you, No. That would be too easy, I'm going to rip you apart...I'll break your spirit and see you crumple at my feet...
5.4M 130K 45
It was the most delightful smell I could ever smell right there behind that door. Suddenly everything stops and the only thing that I can see is that...
2.8M 49.9K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...
102 1 20
"It's been a few years since my sister was transformed from a human to a Lycan. my two older brothers have found their mates and I'm glad for my sist...