Poisonous Love

By LovablePanda_

Unrealistic and impossible... Rose didn't even believe in God... yet she's experienced a miracle. A second c... More

Fiction
Memories
Realization
Chapter 4: New Fiance P.2
Chapter 5: New Daughter?
Chapter 6: A New Strategy?
Chapter 7: A New Little Brother?
Chapter 8: A New Big Sister
Chapter 9: A New Love?
Chapter 10: Coming of Age
Chapter 11: Coming of Age P.2
Chapter 13: A Party to Remember
Chapter 14: Preperations
Chapter 15: Results of Training
Chapter 16: Enchanted Forest
Chapter 17: A Fairy Queen
A Brother's Love
Chapter 19: A Queen's Plea
Chapter 20: A King's Strength
Chapter 21: A Mermaid's Will
Chapter 22: 3 Years Underwater
Chapter 23: Happy Birthday
Chapter 24: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 25: A Knight's Devotion
Chapter 26: King's Dog
Chapter 27: Finalizations
Chapter 28: The Academy
Chapter 29: Falling Expectations
Chapter 30: Something Sinister
Chapter 31: Hulk vs Hello Kitty
Chapter 32: Simple? Or Not?
Chapter 33: Dream Demon
Chapter 34: Negotiations
Chapter 35: Replacement
Chapter 36: Daydream
Notice!
Chapter 37: Hidden Secrets (1)
Chapter 37: Hidden Secrets (2)
Chapter 38: My Everything
Chapter 39: Connecting
Chapter 40: Being A Villainess
Chapter 41: Endings
THANK YOU
Ever After
Flower Thief

Chapter 18: The Port of Karmillia

13.4K 532 87
By LovablePanda_

Leaving the Fairy Kingdom was as painful as getting there.

I was beaten up and out of breathe as we came back to the Enchanted Forest.

As we left the cave and Dragon who insists on yelling every sentence (senile old dragon), we stopped for camp and looked at the map.

"Alright! It looks like it will be a 2 week journey on foot to reach the outer lands of Karmillia; and another week to reach the Port. Though we can speed it up by asking merchants traveling for rides" I said, as we surveyed the map.

I was lucky to have Ricin and his spatial ring. How were they made? I'd ask later.

Like that, we set off for the Kingdom of Karmillia, and also the home of my mother! Mother was a princess of Karmillia, the only daughter.
The reason I haven't visited yet is due to heavy discrimination. Not even fairies are welcome.
That makes it difficult. I looked at Xavier and Ricin for a moment.

"I'm going to need to disguise Xavier" I said thoughtfully for a moment.

"Ah yes. The people of Karmillia hate any other race besides human." Ricin laughed, though a cat laughing like that was slightly disturbing.

"Well~ Xavier could always just- ahhh! You damn beast!" Ricin began but Xavier whipped his tail quickly at Ricin.

Xavier walked over to me now, lifting his paw in a waving motion.

So cute!

I laughed and hugged the confused leopard.
"Did you want cuddles?" I giggled, snuggling into his silky fur which has become much softer since traveling due to my medicinal foods I make. Knowledge is power after all.

Xavier huffed and backed away for a moment and looked at Ricin now- cocking his head towards the forest?

Ricin looked skeptical but sighed. "Rose, we'll be back, I think he wants to convey a message to you" Convey a message?

"Alright... I'll set up camp here then. Don't stay out too long" I said warily. What were they planning? To murder each other in the forest?

I watched them walk off into the thicket of trees as I began to set up the tent and build a fire to start dinner.

I eventually went off and caught a few bird to put in the soup as well, and when I returned the two were patiently waiting.

I smiled happily, I was glad they were getting along!

Humming softly I began to fix dinner while the two watched in fascination.

"Did you learn to cook like this is your past life?" Ricin asked curiously as I began chopping up vegetables while the water boiled.

"Honestly I never cooked, but I am usually very good at nearly anything I put effort into, so cooking wasn't difficult" I said, as I finished the prep work.

Xavier sat behind me to help warm me up as the temperature dropped due to the setting sun.
I smiled gratefully at him.

"I see~" he said lazily, lounging on my lap peacefully again.
I softly stroked his fur until the food was done and we all ate in comfortable silence.

"So... What was the message Xavier wanted to convey?" I asked finally.

Ricin looked at Xavier for a minute before turning to me, "first, could you tell me your view on beastmen?" Ricin asked. That was an odd question...

"I suppose, my view? I think they're too discriminated against. Despite having higher levels of strength than humans, they are treated poorly due to humans fear of greater powers that they cannot solely posses. I... I also like their animal ears and features. To me, it's extremely adorable" I answered. It's true. I want to pet them. That would be disrespectful though, so I always hold back. That's why Xavier is nice! A spiritual leopard is rare to begin with, but befriending one is usually unheard of.

Xavier's tail wrapped around my arm loosely as he let out a soft purr while I pet him.

"Okay. Xavier wanted to tell you that he will return home soon. It will be too dangerous to meet the Mermaids with any male species. I also will not be able to accompany you past the water" Ricin explained. I nodded, it made sense. I didn't expect to take them with me either, though I'm not happy about giving Xavier back to his terrible master.

It made me worried if something will happen while I'm gone.

"Is that true Xavier?" I asked the leopard curiously. He gave a simply nod, before laying his head in my lap.

"I see... I will agree if you promise to use the green house or visit Vincent if you happen to stumble upon trouble. I don't know how long my training with the Mermaids will be" I said truthfully.

Xavier nodded his furry head, making me reach out to tap his nose. "And I'll beat your owner if they hurt you" I said firmly.
The leopard snorted but nodded its head.

That was how we separated.

The journey to Karmillia was not as bad as I expected! I met several kind merchants who offered me and my cat fairy companion a ride. The beautiful scenery of my Kingdom faded and I was now in a Fall Season Country, Karmillia.

Lots of red and yellow trees, a sunset picture painted over the more mid evil styled Kingdom compared to the modern and updated one I call home. Instead of beautiful jade and marble, they used brick and stone. They did not tower their buildings high but instead used more one to two level story homes. The Castle which I could see in the distance was also not as tall and grand, but held a more ancient beauty.

Karmillia has existed for centuries, and interestingly, my mother is a princess of Karmillia.

She never spoke much of home, which saddened me, but I was aware of how discontent my mother's side of the family was for her to marry into a Kingdom which accepted all races. The racism was terrible. Only humans could be seen as me and Ricin walked through the Capital that a kind old merchant allowed us to ride with him to. I was fascinated, the culture was severally more conservative, thankfully my cloak hid my exposed thighs. I was also smart enough to pack black tights to help cover any exposed skin. I wasn't smart enough to bring a dress besides a sleep one.

As we made our way closer to the port which existed on the edge of the main capital, I noticed the liveliness of the main Capital disappearing. Odd...

"Isn't it too quiet?" I asked Ricin.

"Yeah... seems like somethin bad is going on at the port" Ricin commented.

We made our way to the docs, which were opposite of the sandy ocean beach. I wanted to see the fisherman lifestyle! I also wanted to collect some puffer fish... which I am aware can be made into delicious food.

It seemed... deserted?

The houses seemed completely sealed up, and not a soul was in sight. Not even beggars.
The docs were empty, and no big fishing boat was present... only small life boats.

"What's going on...?" I wondered aloud...

"Psst... hey! Idiot" I jumped slightly at the noise and turned, shocked to see a small girl near my own age hiding behind a barrel. She was clean but her clothes looked worn, clearly a commoner.

I went by her side and crouched down curiously.

"What's going on here? Where is everyone?" I questioned, her deep brown eyes widened.

"You aren't from around here huh? Guess I'll tell ya. About a year ago, a man named Karen showed and took over the port! He slaughtered everyone who got in his way and the damn cowered King won't do a damn thing about it" She said venomously. I nodded...

Karen...

"Karen is a girls name" I stated blankly. She gave me a weird look before a small smile lifted on her cheeks.

"I know right! Hehe... so, you should probably get outta here. The taxes are outrageous since he came, and nobody wants to leave their house in fear of incurring him and his minions fury" She said.

"What are you doing out then?" I countered. She looked sad for a minute.

"My ma is sick, she got poisoned after eating some strange fish" her puppy dog brown eyes made my heart ache.

"I know a thing or two about poison, why don't you let me take a look? By the way, I'm Rose" I said sticking my hand out. Her eyes widened again and she smiled gratefully.

"I'm Hana" She said brightly, unbefitting of this abandoned port.
Hana was kind enough to take me and Ricin to a small house near the docs, and I saw her mother, who I realized gave her genes to Hana, laying pale on the small single bed in the home.

Hana was nervous as I took the woman's pulse, realizing she was indeed poisoned.

I turned towards Hana. "Can you show me what poisoned her?" I asked, she nodded and left the room only to return with something wrapped in cloth...

It's a puffer fish! Normally someone would die immediately after eating this wrong?

I checked Hana's mothers temperature, and I found it odd. This wasn't puffer fish poisoning, she'd most certainly be dead otherwise.

"Hana, what else did she eat with this?" I inquired softly, Ricin was at the base of the bed using some sort of magic, though I couldn't place it as he seemed concentrated.

"She had some potatoes and a few herbs with it... " she began confused.

"Bring all the ingredients that were used" I commanded, I pulled out of my space a small all cure- which can usually mitigate small doses of poison regardless of the type.
I gently poured the liquid down Hana's mother's throat.

Shortly after she coughed but went back to sleep peacefully, a little color returning to her cheeks.

Hana returned shortly with the ingredients.

"Thank you Hana" I said happily, and sure enough, it wasn't the the puffer fish- instead it was a wild grass local to Karmillia, oavix, a short brown grass which is normally boiled for several days and provided as a clouting treatment.

"Hana, where did you find this?" I asked, holding up the bundled grass. She seemed confused but answered.

"It was given to all citizens on behalf of the King"

This was bad. This grass was not properly detoxified, and the fact that it was given to all citizens... it meant it wasn't just Hana's mother. It meant a whole lot more casualties if this spread.

I quickly pulled out a table and test set from Ricin's space ring, which was on my hand for the time being. I had to test and create a cure, otherwise, the citizens might face even greater casualties.

The real question was why? Why would the King of this country, and my mother's own father, poison his citizens?

Did this Karen mafia lord have a hand?

I couldn't be sure, the best I could do was make a cure first for Hana's mother.

It took 14 hours of continuous work, and Hana's diligent aid to produce a stable cure. Ironically, I made it out of the poisonous puffer fish's gills.

It meant that the puffer fish, which was native to Karmillia and was over abundant, had a purpose now. It could serve as a cure for small poisonings like this, as well as serve as a new scar treatment remedy as I found it was high in cologne and antioxidants. Only the gills of course!

I gently fed the small vile of broken down membranes and filtered gelatinized puffer fish Gill to Hana's mother. We both sat for another hour waiting before Hana's mother finally coughed, threw up, and was conscious again. Her mother was still to weak from malnutrition to leave her bed, but she was no longer on the cliff between life and death.

Hana's dark brown hair was matted from the day's of labor and stress, her soft tan cheeks streaked with dirt and her large doe eyes watery.

"Thank you Rose... thank you... and..." she sniffed cutely, making me and Ricin smile.

"And I'm sorry..."

I was confused. What did she have to apologize for-

Before I could even ask it was too late, the door to the small home burst open, and men in dark black suits were already apprehending me.

I twisted my torso to knock unconscious a man which grabbed my arm, but a sudden jolt of pain in my neck made everything go black.

Hana's sweet but sorrow filled eyes were the last thing I saw before I fell unconscious.

When I woke up, my head and body ached as if I had run a marathon.
My eyes, slightly blurry, stared at a plain white ceiling.

I then noticed my current situation.

I was shackled to the small bed I was laid on, my arms and legs separated and tied to each end of the bed post.

Ricin was also no where in sight, nor was the space Ring.
I couldn't feel my needles or dagger as I twisted my body to test my restraints.

This was bad. Panic began to set in as a cold sweat formed on my head and back. Where was I?

I couldn't even feel my connection with Ricin currently- though I'd account the reason being the odd text covering the stone walls in the plain room. Only a bed, a small empty desk, and a chair, were present.

No windows, only one door.

I relaxed and tried to ponder. I was likely sold out by Hana who didn't expect me to actually cure her mother... I couldn't blame her. I could only blame the country which forced such a sweet girl into the position.

Did it mean the King had me, or Karen?

The door to the room finally creaked open, the light front the magical light sphere dimming in comparison to the natural light let in.

I was a bit shocked to say the least.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 6.2K 54
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
179K 7.6K 28
My name is Aika asami, a normal teenage girl who just died from saving an unknown child from being hit by a car assuming that I'm already died, a voi...
328K 11.3K 103
⚠️ Warning ⚠️ [There are mention of dark themes in this story. ] A story of a girl, that has woken up inside the body of someone she doesn't recogn...
168K 5.2K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...