Of Angels and Demons (An impo...

By laceyp1185

More

Of Angels and Demons (An impossible love story)(on hold)

208 3 2
By laceyp1185

Behind the curtain of everyday life, there is a mysterious society... This is the story of a girl who finds herself behind that curtain and the boys who challenge not only her mental well being, but each other for the possesion of her heart

Chapter 1:

(Never take GOD's name in vain)

Quote of the day:

“If I could ask god one thing, it would be to stop the moon. Stop the moon and make this night and your beauty last forever”.

Live fast and dangerously, die young. My mother used it to threaten me, honestly a death before crows feet set in sounded fine to me. I guess I should have specified exactly what I wanted when I went out into the world with a death wish. I never expected to meet my end in the sweet angelic face of the one I loved. My name is Taylor Christanson. My mother and father, I’m sure, wished to raise an angelic and saint like daughter. But I was born with an undeniable urge to misbehave the more they pushed for perfection, the more I rebelled. My perfect older brother liked to suggest I was possessed by a demon. My parents were inclined to agree.

The truth was, like any other teen, I just wanted to be accepted. So when I didn’t get in from my parents, I looked for attention in any form. Acceptance or not, I was going to get attention. I sauntered into my family’s dining room as they had breakfast. “How did you get out?” my mother eyed me, she was in the habit of locking me into my room for normal teenage behavior, but Christian children didn’t take the lords name in vain. “The demons let me out, I let them nibble on my soul,” I said smartly snatching a sausage of my brother’s plate.

“Now Taylor…” my father began

“I know, I know… go say 4 hail Mary’s and go to my room… repent and I shall be forgiven..” I rolled my eyes, “anyone wants me I’ll be in my room speaking to the demons that have so corrupted me...” I didn’t listen to the protests and annoyance from my parents and loudly climbed the stairs and slammed my door after yelling “Don’t forget to lock me in!”

As it was Sunday I spent it doing homework and chatting online until around 6:00 that evening when my phone rang.

“Hello?” I answered my phone.

“Hey…ah...Taylor?”

“No Taylor is dead,” I sighed.

“Urm..”

“Jokes…..only jokes…what do you need?” I laughed.

“Hey Taylor. It’s Tristan..Urm… are we still meeting up for your tutor session?” the voice asked me.

“Oh it’s Sunday…I forgot..” I mumbled.

“Oh?” Tristan was a friend of mine from school that we’d tricked my parent into hiring when I intentionally got a c in Math. Really Tristan had never received better than a c- unless it was in Art.

“Yes…I need to be broken out of my room with a crowbar though; mommy dearest is determined to cleanse my soul through isolation….” I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“Leave it up to me, I got your back kiddo,” I could hear him typing away on the computer in the background.

“What do you plan on doing?” I asked him curiously looking into my closet for clothes to wear that weren’t my pajamas. “I’ll call and tell your mommy dearest that I have an earlier curfew tonight because it’s so close to exams and graduation,” Tristan told me and I rolled my eyes.

“You have never in your life even had a curfew,” I scoffed.

"Do you want out or not?" he demanded.

"Of course I want out," I snapped, "I just love how you can lie with the innocents of an angel."

"You know it baby... but I better go, I shall be seeing you shortly, kid."

"I am no..." all I heard was dial tone.

I frowned at my phone and shook my head. Tristan insisted on calling me kid, or anything else that insinuated I was younger than him. We were both in grade 12 but thanks to my stellar academics I was bumped ahead a year when I was 13. So everyone was older than me in my grade by a year, and Tristan never let me forget it.

Getting over my ire, I dressed in my comfy jeans and a shirt Tristan had given me after he shrunk it in the dryer. While I was applying my eyeliner there was a knock on the door.

"Hey, Tay," my brother opened up the door, "your 'tutor' called, he'll be here in 10 to pick you up," Alex grinned.

"Good..." I looked at him through the mirror.

"How long do you think mom and dad will fall for this tutor thing?" Alex asked me.

"They have for a year now, I'll tell them at my wedding," I laughed applying masquera.

I looked at my brother and couldn’t help but smile. He was a year older than me but I often felt older. Alex was just too sweet and niave, he was my parent’s puppet and they used and controlled him to the extreme.

"What are you thinking of? You make me nervous when you grin like that," Alex leaned against the door jamb.

"That I must be adopted," I returned to my makeup to apply a second coat of masquera.

"How do you figure?" he asked me.

"Mom, dad and yourself possess the beautiful blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes, myself, I have brown hair and more of an aqua green color eye," I shrugged, "and I'm an atheist."

"The atheist part it your own choice," Alex smiled.

"Meh..."

"Taylor," my mom shouted.

"I should go," I threw down the masquera wand and left the room.

"Have fun with your boyfriend," Alex shouted after me.

"Not my boyfriend," I shouted back.

I ran down the steps and jumped the last few hitting the floor with a thump.

"Act like a lady!" my mother snapped at me.

"Oh Jesus Christ! For fucking saints, take it easy mom," I snapped at my mom just to see her 'scandalized' look.

"You are grounded for a week," She shouted after me as I ran out of the house and leapt into Tristan's car though the open window.

"I'm already grounded for a life time mother!" I shouted after her leaning out the window, Tristan jerked me back into the car and shook his head holding back laughter.

"I'll have her home by 9 Mrs. Christanson," Tristan smiled at her and waved, she waved back politely.

I grinned at Tristan and laughed.

"Back by nine?" I asked him.

"I'll tell her I sent you home at 9, if you didn’t get home it's not my fault," Tristan cranked the volume on his stereo.

We listened to the pounding techno beats of some random artists that Tristan had mixed with some of his favorite 3Oh3 songs and LMFAO.

The wind in my face and a pounding beat in my chest I felt free. What was the point of going to heaven if I had to forgo nights like this. I glanced over at Tristan who was smiling to himself nodding his head to the beat, his ash blonde hair fluttering around his face and into his steel grey eyes.

Tristan...

I quickly averted my eyes and stared out the window to my right. I was afraid that Tristan would see what I'd managed to hide from everyone.

I'm in love with you...

I knew it was in my eyes, screaming to be noticed and to be taken seriously and to have my feelings returned.

How ironic... how I strive to be different... and end up like all of 'them' anyway...

'Them' being the many typical pretty, gorgeous, funny, smart, witty girls that Tristan attracted. They were all the same, ‘perfect’; they ended up the same too, dumped. Tristan was too far above all of us... too high on his own thoughts and ideas to see or notice any of us on earth. Not to say he was stuck up, just stuck up in his head.

"And if I had something to say to you I’d whisper it softly, kiss you on your rosy lips and never let you off me..."

"ColoradoSunrise?" I asked Tristan as the song changed over.

"You like the song," he said simply, as if I'd forgotten or something.

Maybe not so stuck up...

I tried to hide my smile and pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged them tightly as warm waves of giddiness spread through me.

"So, Tay, what are we up to tonight?" Tristan asked me.

"Urm... I don’t really know, I'd hoped you'd have that planned," I shrugged, giddy, goofy smile still on my face.

"How about, the art gallery?" Tristan asked me and I rolled my eyes.

"So you can stare into the eyes of the replica of the Mona Lisa again?" I giggled.

"No... They just opened their new exhibit, its main focus is on religion, I need you with me to explain the theme and story line behind the paintings," Tristan said absentmindedly.

"Bring Jasmine next time then," I rolled my eyes.

"She's not religious," Tristan said simply, "you know the bible better."

"Jasmine is too religious, I see her at Church all the time," I snapped my happy bubble broken.

"Oh... well she's not... virtuous," he looked at me and I looked away quickly hiding the hurt that statement brought.

I did not want to think of Tristan and Jasmine, perfect, curvy, beautiful Jasmine, getting physical.

"Besides, I prefer your company," Tristan reached over and ruffled my hair.

And just like that, my mood lifted from melancholy and confusion to delight and happiness.

"Does she know you're out with me tonight?" I asked him.

"No, I don’t let her know all of my business," Tristan lowered the volume so we could talk in normal volumes.

"Really, I was under the impression that you two were soul mates and that if I ever did anything to jeopardize that I would regret it for the rest of my life," I shrugged.

"She said that to you?" Tristan raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, apparently it's intimidating for your girlfriends that I'm your friend," I smiled at him mischievously, "you better get rid of me."

"Yea, that's an idea... not!" Tristan scowled, "like I'm getting rid of my best friend purely for her sake!"

"I don’t advise you tell her that," I shrugged.

"No?' Tristan grinned.

"No, it won’t go over well..." I grinned at the thought.

"And yet a smile of pure satisfaction crosses her face," Tristan laughed out loud.

"I don’t know what you mean," I stared straight ahead and tried to keep my face devoid of any emotion.

"I need to stop at my place first," I gave Tristan a blank look, "before we go to the art gallery," he clarified.

"You were serious?" I groaned.

"You need to appreciate art," he turned the volume up again and turned up the street to the well known hill of the rich and well off of our city.

I rolled my eyes and stared out the window wondering what it'd be like to have my own balcony.

I slowly climbed out of Tristan’s car, and by the time I was fully standing with the door closed Tristan had entered his house and as per usual left the door open assuming I was right behind him. I stared up the huge mansion and noted all the lights were off; Tristan's parents were clearly out of the country again.

"Archibald!" my eyes snapped to the grey and black Great Dane barreling toward me.

I closed my eyes and tried to make myself as small as possible.

"Archibald!" was screamed again and I waited a heartbeat longer.

Deciding that I'd face the slobbering monster, I cracked open my eyes. To my surprise the Great Dane had stopped and was panting heavily into my face.

Safe...

"Ugh... sorry, Tristan always leaves the front door open," Tristan's younger brother, Andreas, rolled his eyes.

Unlike Tristan, Andreas had black hair but the same grey eyes. And unlike Tristan, Andreas was shy and quiet, and more adorable than hot. I smiled at him and was about to tell him not to worry about it, Archibald was nothing new to me.

"Hey, Taylor, what are you doing standing in the dark with my little brother! Do not corrupt his soul!" Tristan screamed from his balcony and light flooded the yard as he opened the door wider.

My eyes snapped to Andreas and he rolled his eyes before glaring up at Tristan.

"What are you doing leaving the door open? Archibald could have escaped and gotten hit or something," Andreas shouted up at Tristan.

"Oh like I care, he's your dog," Tristan scoffed slamming his balcony door shut; the yard was once again plunged into darkness.

"Ass wipe," Andreas muttered, before grinning at me.

"You get used to it," I smiled at him, he winked.

"If you’re his friend yes, his younger brother..." Andréa’s just shook his head, "not so much."

I bit my lip and tried to keep in a laugh.

"Oh... so I have a favor to ask of you," Andreas said looking ashamed.

"Yes, Andreas?" I looked at him curiously.

"Mom wants me to ask you if you'd tutor me... in chemistry... I told her not to worry..." Andreas scratched the now drooling Archibald on the head looking adorably sheepish.

"Do you want me to?" I asked him, "It might blow our cover."

Andreas looked up at me, his soft grey eyes looking thoughtful.

"Yes, I would like... ah... could use some help," Andreas said in a level tone, "it's just a tutor session."

"I'm sure I can help you, and keep up appearances" I smiled at him, "I spend enough time at your house any way."

"Thank you Taylor," Andreas smiled, he had an endearing crooked smile that melted my heart.

"No problem," I shrugged and we both stood looking at each other, both not sure what to say next.

Andreas was attractive, but not in the same way Tristan was. Tristan was energy and noise, always in the middle of everything never still, quick with his temper and insulting comments. Andreas, was the opposite, he radiated calm and seemed to carry it with him, he tended to keep to himself and never spoke unless he'd really considered what he was going to say, it took him ages before he was completely comfortable with me. I was lucky enough, that if I kept my two lives separate, I was friends with both of them. It was easier keeping my friendship with Andreas a secret, Tristan and Andreas' relationship was already tense without adding the fact the they shared the same best friend.

"What?" both Andreas and I jumped when Tristan's voice broke the compensable silence.

"Nothing," Andreas snapped glaring at Tristan, his shoulders now tense.

"Tay?" Tristan asked me.

"What?" I looked at him blankly, I saw Andreas relax and smile out of the corner of my eye.

"Never mind," Tristan looked back and forth from Andreas and I, clearly pouting.

"Ready to go?" I asked Tristan changing the topic.

"Yes, tell mom I died if she calls," Tristan said to Andreas as he got into his car.

Andreas who was already dragging his reluctant Great Dane merely fingered Tristan. I laughed and fell into Tristan's car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first chapter so I though I'd make it pretty long, Because if no one is going to read my story then what is the point posting more chapters of it? so if you have read and you like the first chapter please send me a message or comment and let me no and ill start on next chapter.

Thank you;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2:

Quote of the day:

“Maybe this world is another planet’s hell”

“So really what were you and my baby brother talking about?”

Tristan asked me. Keeping up appearance, I avoided the question

And glared at Tristan. “He’s not a baby…” I instead snapped.

“He’s younger than me, so he’s a baby,” Tristan said simply.

“He’s one month older than me!” I shot back

“And you’re a child,” he ruffled my hair before putting his car into reverse and backing out the driveway. I sat back in my seat and glared at the windshield. A light went on in Tristan’s house and my eyes were drawn to it. Andreas opened the curtains to his room and turned away from the window before disappearing somewhere else in his room.

“You know, I may be younger than you, but I am smarter than you,” I said stubbornly to Tristan as we drove down the freeway to the museum. “Yes, this is true,” Tristan shrugged, “but I’m still older.”

Despite my anger I smiled, Tristan was so difficult it drove me to madness, but I stayed his friend because not only was I in love with him, but maybe one day, I hope he’d take his head from the clouds, and realize that I was the only one who could put up with his insanity.

I watched the city lights fly by and I forgot what our purpose of tonight was. That was… until Tristan pulled up in front of the museum.

“Come on, out,” Tristan looked over at me and I grimaced.

“Ugh..You know I hate being here,” I glared at him.

“Yes… but I bailed you out, now you have to do what I say,” Tristan shrugged.

I glared at him but he got out the car. I was about to protest when his phone rang. “Hold on a sec,” Tristan help up his finger, “hey… baby…” I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms but listened closely.

Where are you!?

“I’m out with friends,” Tristan said, I could see the frustration in his eyes.

Who?

“Friends, babe, what does it matter,”

You're out with her aren’t you?

"If I was?" Tristan challenged her.

We made plans... and you ditched me for her!

"I forgot okay?" Tristan gritted his teeth.

I refuse to compete with a sophomore over you, Tristan

"No one asked you to, besides she's a senior," Tristan said pointedly.

You get no second chance, if we're over, we're over...

"It's okay we can still be friends," Tristan said wryly.

Wait... we can work this out...

"Sorry can’t talk on the phone at the museum... bye," he hung up and I tried not to smile.

"We good to go?" I asked Tristan with a straight face.

"Yes," he sighed.

"Another one bites the dust?" I asked him not daring to look him in the eye, I could only hold in my emotions for so long.

"Yes," Tristan answered shortly.

"I'm sorry," I bit my lip, I really was.

Though Tristan had let her go so flippantly he really did regret that it had to happen. He felt like a failure every time a relationship ended, but he was unwilling to compromise his life for someone else and couldn’t understand why no one understood him. So even though he was always surrounded by people, friends, and worshipers, he felt like no one understood him.

Welcome to being a teenager...

But it was his obvious perfection and obvious self consciousness that created the most beautiful juxtaposition for me and I was hooked.

"I just wish they would understand..." Tristan was standing in front of me.

I looked up at him and frowned.

"I just wish that... they could..." his finger ran across my cheek, "they could be more like you..."

My breath stopped, I'd dreamed about this for it seemed like forever, I had a script, but at that moment all I could do was swallow and try not to faint.

"You're perfect... I need..." his lips dipped, "someone like you, but not you, because kid, that would be weird."

He kissed my forehead and then ruffled my hair. I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach.

"Weird..." I bit my lip and turned away from him, my eyes suddenly watering.

"Yes, I thought so, because then who would I turn to for fun activities," I could hear the smile in his voice and I quickly ran the back of my hand over my eyes.

"Exactly," I was able to look at him thought a brittle smile that I knew he would never notice.

Quote of the day:

You are what you love, not what loves you.

I woke up in bed the next morning, safely locked in my room. Tristan called my mom at 9 to tell her that he dropped me off in the driveway; really I didn’t get home until well past that. With a groan I rolled out of bed only to wince, when my foot hit the floor, leave it to Tristan to slam the door of his car on my foot.

"Get out of bed," my mother opened my door and glared at me.

"Oh but mommy I'm so tired," I pouted, "I think I'll just stay home today."

"Not on my life, I will drive you to school to make sure you get there."

I grinned, that was my intent all along, I hated taking the bus.

"Alright... when are we leaving?" I said with a smirk.

"In half an hour, you better be ready," she threatened.

"Or what? You'll leave me at home," I said hopefully.

All she did was scowl at me and leave the room. I laughed gathering vindictive pleasure from our little spar.

After my shower I walked naked into my room hoping my mother would see me and be scandalized, but no such luck. So disappointed I entered my room and began digging through my closet for an outfit. As I was pulling on my tights my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked not recognizing the number.

"Um, hi, Taylor?" a voice asked.

"Speaking, who is this?" I demanded getting impatient while I tried to pull on my wool sweater, it looked cold out.

"It's... it’s... It's Andreas," he choked out.

"Oh, hi sorry, I thought you were a telemarketer," I laughed, "What’s up?"

"Yea I got one of those new iphone G4s with a new number, but I was just wondering what you were doing after school?" he asked.

"No plans thus far," I answered managing to get my sweater on.

"No? Urm do you mind coming over after school to help me? Exams are coming up soon," Andreas took a deep breath.

"Sure," I applied masquera.

"Cool, so I'll meet you in the parking Lott, by my car, after school?" he asked me.

"Umhm, the Mitsubishi Spyder?" I asked him teasingly.

"The green Mitsubishi Spyder," he confirmed, I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Don’t you mean the only Mitsubishi Spyder?" I laughed.

"I guess so," he said in mock thoughtfulness.

"Okay, bye," I hung up and adjusted my grey sweater over my black tights.

Hooker boots? I think so...

I entered the living room and gathered great pleasure from my mother's expression of distaste and disgust when she saw my outfit. If she had it her way I'd be wearing ankle length wool skirts and turtle necks all the time.

"Go change," she snapped.

"I'll be late... but okay..." I smiled she looked about ready to throttle me.

"Just go, get into the car," She said icily.

I skipped out to the car and dove into the backseat so that my brother could have the front seat. The drive to school was boring, dull and uneventful. The car stopped in the school and I scrambled out of it while it was still moving desperate to get away from my mother.

"Bye," I shouted running for the front doors.

With a vague smile on my face I made my way to my locker. I found it down the science corridor and began dumping my books into it and gathering what I needed for my Chemistry honors class.

"Hey, Taylor!" I stopped short of entering the Chem. room, Tristan was waving me down.

"Yes?" I asked him curiously.

"What are you doing after school today?" Tristan looked jazzed about something, his eyes sparkled.

"Why?"

"There is this wicked party at Pat's today and I have to go," Tristan cracked a smile, "it's a grad party."

"And you need me because?" I wondered aloud.

"I need a designated driver," Tristan explained.

I frowned, rolled my eyes and then sighed.

"Is that a no?" Tristan asked me.

"I have plans," I told him.

"With who?!" Tristan looked shocked, I was immediately insulted.

"That is none of your business," I glowered at him.

"You don’t have plans, you just don’t want to go," Tristan pouted, "I neeeeeeeed to go," Tristan pleaded.

"You know Tristan you're not the only person I talk to," I stated.

"I find that hard to believe," Tristan said stubbornly.

Just then the bell rang.

"Well believe it," I snapped at him.

"Fine... be a bitch," Tristan grumbled and began to walk away, "wait... I didn’t mean that... sorry kiddo."

Tristan looked at me genuinely sorry and I shrugged.

"I never take you seriously anyway."

"Good, see you at lunch," he walked away.

With a groan I turned away and stormed into the class room.

I have friends...

The day had been hectic and crazed, between final exams and grad plans our grade 12 class was in absolute chaos. Disheartened by Tristan's insistence that had no friends I volunteered to be part of the grad decorating committee and the fashion show committee. I almost forgot that I'd agreed to meet Andreas after school and only remembered after walking to my bus stop.

Ugh...

I turned around and walked back to the student parking Lott and looked for Andrea's car. Because Andreas' and Tristan's parents had a lot of money, they both had their own cars. Tristan opted for the Honda Prelude and Andreas the Mitsubishi Spyder, that I spotted the moment I glanced around, it, was hard to miss. Andreas sat on the hood, his iphone headphones in his ears.

"Andreas, sorry, I forgot and went to my bus stop..." I babbled as I approached him.

"It's not a problem," he smiled warmly taking out his head phones, "I haven’t been waiting long."

"Oh... good," I finished lamely.

"You okay?" Andreas asked.

"Yes... I've just had a self realization... it was a tough day," I sighed.

"Self realization eh?" Andreas laughed.

"Yes..." I pouted looking at my feet.

"Awe, muffin..." Andreas said pitifully, "want a hug?"

"Sure..." I looked up at him and nodded.

He wrapped his arms around me and I stepped into him and rested my cheek on his chest.

"I'm not a loner am I?" I asked him, it came out muffled as I spoke into his chest.

"No... What makes you think that?" Andreas laughed.

"Tristan said..." I began.

"Never begin a sentence with 'Tristan said', he hasn’t even noticed we're friends, what does he know?" Andreas scoffed and laughed.

"You're right..." I agreed, his arms dropped.

"Of course I am," Andreas gently cupped my face in his hands, "you are not a loner... you are just fine the way you are."

I nodded and he smiled, his grey eyes glittered.

"Shall we go?" he asked me and I nodded, he clicked the door opener and my door popped open.

As I got into his car I couldn’t help but notice everyone staring at us, or maybe at the car, either way it made me nervous. I saw Tristan's car and wondered if he'd found his DD yet.

DD is that all he thinks of me?

"Do you mind?" Andreas asked as he plugged in his iphone to the stereo.

"No," I shook my head finding it funny how when Tristan said 'do you mind,' he was usually in the process of lighting up a cigar, "do I ever mind?"

"No," Andreas shook his head, "I've been really into classical music lately," Andreas explained thoughtfully.

"Like Mozart and stuff like that?" I wondered aloud.

"Yes, stuff like that," he smiled softly.

I relaxed into the seat of the car and stared out the window. My thoughts wandered and my eyes drifted back to Andreas. He was focused on the road and his fingers moved slightly to the music, like an orchestra conductor. He ran a hand thought his soft dark hair and his hand rested on his collar bone.

"You're making me nervous," he sated and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Sorry," I jerked my eyes away and blushed.

"Don’t be... What were you staring at?" he asked me curiously, I met his eyes reluctantly.

"Just... you I suppose, I was daydreaming," I explained and my cheeks flamed red.

"About me?" he didn’t sound mocking or superior, just curiously confused.

"I suppose daydreaming and staring at you at the same time," I told him and he met my eyes, I felt my heart skip a beat.

No one had ever looked at me with that intensity before, like I wasn’t just there, but a major focal point, no one until Andreas. He looked thoughtful for a moment then bit his lip.

"You don’t regret missing Pat's party to help me out?" Andreas looked away.

"No, why should I?" I laughed.

"You like my brother, and he'll be there," he said simply.

I frowned, I loved that Andreas and I were so close we could say what we were thinking, but sometimes...

"I'm sorry I didn’t mean to be so straightforward," Andreas looked at me clearly concerned.

"No... It's... don’t..." I took a deep breath, "its fine."

"No, it’s not, I'm sorry; I shouldn't have said that," Andreas shook his head, "I'm just so used to saying what I'm thinking..."

I smiled at him and shrugged, we rode the rest of the car ride in silence.

Continue Reading