The Retired Queenpin

By GoddessofJustice

Aaliyah Daniels is a former Drug Lord, assassin, and wife. She lives a secluded life with her two children Ki... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 (3rd person POV)
Chapter 2 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 3 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 4 (3rd person POV)
Chapter 5 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 6 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 7 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 8 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 9 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 10 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 11 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 12 (Damiens POV)
Chapter 13 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 14 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 15 (Damien POV)
Chapter 16 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 17 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 18 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 19 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 20 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 21 (Damiens POV)
Chapter 22 (Unknown POV)
Chapter 23 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 24 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 25 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 26 (Aaliyah's POV)
Authors Note
Chapter 27 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 29 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 30 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 31 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 32 (Damien's POV)
A/N
Chapter 33 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 34 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 35 (Omniscient POV)
A/N
Chapter 36 (Niko's POV)
Chapter 37 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 38 (Aaliyah's POV)
New Book (SNEAK PEAK)
Chapter 39 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 40 (Niko's Letter to Aaliyah)
A/N (updated 2.27.2020)
Chapter 41 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 42 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 43 (Omniscient POV)
A/N
Chapter 44 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 45: Omniscient POV
Chapter 46: Omniscient POV
A/N
Chapter 47: Damien's POV
Chapter 48 (Aaliyah's POV)
A/N
Chapter 49: (Damien's POV)
Chapter 50: (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 51: (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 52: Omniscient POV
A/N:
Chapter 53: Epilogue:
New Story!

Chapter 28 (Omniscient POV)

3.2K 161 23
By GoddessofJustice

Damien didn't remember much of what happened. The only thing that kept replaying in his mind was Niko shooting Aaliyah. 

Damien's eyes opened and he glanced around the room. The first thing he noticed was Aaliyah laying beside him. Then when he turned his head to the left Celine was asleep in the lazy boy.

"Where the hell are we?" Damien asked.

"My safe house." Celine responded.

"Shit, I thought you were asleep." His hand flew to the left side of his chest over his heart which was beating out of his chest.

"Nope, just resting my eyes."

"Is Aaliyah alright?"

"She's fine, so is the baby."

"Thank the heavens. Why am I hooked up to these machines?"

"You don't remember? Niko stabbed you. You and Aaliyah actually have identical scars aside from her gun shot wound."

*Flashback*

"You think I wouldn't find out about her pregnancy? As long as I'm alive Aaliyah will never be happy." Niko cackled

Damien lifted his foot and kicked Niko in the center of his chest, knocking the wind out of him.

Niko Laid flat on his back clutching his chest trying to catch his breath.

Damien bent down and began to deliver blows to Nikos face. One after another. Until Nikos face was almost unrecognizable.

Damien finally stopped his assault and stood running his fingers through his hair.

As Damien turned to grab the pistol off the floor, Niko took the dagger out of his pocket and lurched up, the knife caught Damien's side.

If  Niko was expecting a reaction, he didn't gain one. Damien grunted as he turned his body to face a trembling Niko.

"What the fuck are you man?" Nikos voice broke, realizing he'd unleashed a beast, as he tried to back away from the man.

"An angry fiancé."

Niko turned and tried to crawl away from the buff Italian.

Damien chuckled as he took in the look of pure fear on Nikos face, it gave him an immense amount of pleasure. Damien cocked the pistol and let off three rounds into Nikos back. Not one ounce of hesitance, not one ounce of remorse.

Niko collapsed, his body going still.

Damien then proceeded to go pick Aaliyah up off of the ground. He didn't look back to make sure Niko was dead because at the moment he didn't care, he just wanted her to be okay.

She was fading quickly. Too quickly.

"Come. I know a place." Celine limped over towards him. 

Damien followed in behind Celine. He was praying his fiancé and baby would be okay.

Aaliyah was his world and if he lost her, he would never be able to pull himself from the dark abyss of depression.

*Flashback over*

"Where is Niko?"

"A local underground hospital. He's paralyzed from the waist down. You shattered his spine, he'll never be able to walk again."

"Hmmm."

"I'm just glad you two are okay. You passed out on our ride here. I thought I was going to loose both of you. You guys lost a lot of blood. Niko stabbed you so deep it punctured your appendix, the doctor had to remove it. The bullet missed the baby by 3 centimeters, and the blade missed the baby by 1 inch, she was lucky."

"How's your arm?"

"My arm is shattered, I'll only be able to get minimal use out of it even with the best physical therapy. So, no more MMA for me." She shrugged.

"I'm sorry."

"For what? You didn't do this, and neither did she. I chose to defend her knowing the consequences. She's my daughter, not by blood but by bond. And I'll always protect her. Now rest. You'll need it. By Friday you two will be ready to go back to Italy."

———————————————-

When Damien woke up this time, Aaliyah's tigress eyes were staring back at him.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Micio." He smiled back.

"How do you feel?" She asked.

"I should be asking you that." He lifted his hand and caressed her cheek.

"I'm fine, Arden. I'm happy that you're okay. You went on a rampage after Niko shot me, you were a different person."

"I blacked out. I don't remember anything. Celine told me but I still don't remember."

"You don't need to, I'll remember for the both of us."

"I love you, Micio. With my very soul and I'll do anything to keep you safe."  He leaned in and kissed her nose.

"I know and I love you too."

"Have you talked to the twins?"

"Yes. They said they miss us both and they're ready for us to come home."

"Aaliyah, Damien..." Celine called their names as she walked into the room.

"Yes."

"You two have visitors.. do you two feel well enough to clean up and come downstairs or would you prefer I send them up?"

"We can get cleaned up. Just tell us where the bathroom is."

"Go through the closet and it's on the right."

"Thanks."

Damien sat up first. He hissed as the a sharp pain went down his side.

"Please, don't tear your stitches."

"We will be fine, Celine. Thank you." Aaliyah smiled at the Latino woman. Celine nodded and closed the bedroom door, leaving the couple to themselves.

Aaliyah day up as well; cursing as the sharp pain radiated down her side.

"Fuck."

"Wait, until I get up, Micio, so, I can help you."

"No."

"Aaliyah, I said wait." Damien looked her in her eyes, his hazel orbs daring her to defy him.

"Fine." She huffed as she backed down.

"Good, Gattino." Damien stood and made his way to her side of the bed. He helped her out of bed slowly, being careful not to tear her stitches.

They showered together, helping each other wash. Once they were decent, they headed downstairs to see who their visitors were.

When they walked in 4 heads turned their way, a gigantic grin broke out on Aaliyah's face.

"Well, this is a lovely surprise."

Mo'Nique jumped up to greet her best friend in the only way she could, by giving her a fat kiss on the cheek.

"Thank the Lord you're alright! I was worried sick when Celine called."

"Chill, I'm good." Aaliyah waved her off.

Damien walked over and greeted Rashad and Harlem. Then took a seat amongst the two gentlemen.

"Why didn't you tell us about Niko, L? Shad and I could've handled him for you." Harlem asked shaking his head at his friends stupidity.

"She wanted to handle her own problems and almost got herself and the baby killed doing so.." Damien's jaw ticked. He was still highly upset with her but her being in his presence, full of life and pregnant made him forget about that anger. He was just thankful she was okay.

"WAIT A MINUTE!!!!" Mo'Nique yelled.

"Here we go." Aaliyah rolled her eyes.

"You're pregnant?!" Shad asked.

"Yes..."

"I ought to beat your fucking ass, Aaliyah!" Mo exclaimed.

"What?"

"Why would you even put yourself and the baby in jeopardy like that?"

"Cause she's stupid." Harlem snorted.

"Shut the fuck up, you fucking dick. I was trying to deescalate the situation with out escalating it." Aaliyah shot back.

"Same ole, L." Harlem shook his head.

Damien motioned for Aaliyah to come sit in his lap.

"Not until we're healed. We could tear your stitches."

"I don't care about my stitches. I want you in my lap." Damien rolled his eyes.

When she didn't budge his nostrils flared.

"Now, Gattino." He demanded.

Aaliyah balled her fists but did as he demanded.

Mo, Shad, and Harlem were all shell shocked. Aaliyah had submitted to Damien. Since when did Aaliyah become submissive??

Aaliyah knew they were staring because she'd just completely submitted to Damien in front of them but she tried not to let it bother her.

"So, Mo, Shad, how are the kids?" She asked

"Good. They want to see Isa and Kitai again."

"Come visit us in Italy. I'm not sure when I'll be able to bring them back to the states."

"We'll come for spring break. Right, Shad?"

"Sounds like a plan to me." He shrugged.

"Harlem, you coming with?" Aaliyah asked.

"I guess."

"Sooooo, L, I have something to tell you...." Mo stated cutting all eye contact.

"What?"

"You ain't gonna like it."

"I'm sure it's not that bad, Mo." Aaliyah rolled her eyes and gave a slight smile.

"I invited your parents."

"Scusi?" The smile on Aaliyah's face vanished as a mean scowl took over.

"Oh shit." Shads eyes went wide.

"Hear me out before you go off." Mo held her hands up in defense.

"Start talking, Mo'Nique.." Aaliyah said coldly.

"They'd been talking to my parents about how much they missed you and how much they wanted to see you and the grand babies. I know they pretty much ignored you as a child and then abandoned you when you got married but they wanna be in your life now. I think that you should just talk to them, hear them out, then tell them how you feel."

"I don't feel anything. I don't want to give them a chance to destroy my love and trust again, not when I finally got some of it back. I was damaged before Niko and that is because of them. I don't want anything to do with them now, just like they didn't want anything to do with me then." Aaliyah stood making her way upstairs, she was highly upset. Her parents were a raw subject, they always had been. They were never there for her. They were too invested in their careers to love and care for their daughter. That's how she became drug affiliated and that's how she filled the void in her heart.

"I'll talk to her." Damien got up and followed behind her.

"Well that went well." Harlem chuckled.

"Oh, Shut the hell up." Mo Snarled.

"Mo, it wasn't your place to invite them here." Shad shook his head at his wife.

"I think it'll be good for her, for them as a family."

"Your intentions may have been pure but baby, that's not your call. Aaliyah has to be the one to make that call, only she knows when she's ready to let go and heal those wounds. And she's not ready. You shouldn't have forced this on her and I have a feeling it won't end well."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 3.8K 43
#1st place in The Dreamcatcher Awards(Romance) Alexandria Winters is the heiress of multi-billion dollar empire, BW Empire. She's not been home in 8...
Dance for you By Jaycee

General Fiction

167K 7.1K 22
Loni is a 21 year old stripper trying to take care of her twin daughters after being cheated in and left to raise them on her own. She barely has tim...
153K 4K 52
Gianna She goes to Italy to meet her family and instead falls in love with an Italian man. When she gets her heart broken; she leaves. 4 years later...
1.1K 36 19
Aaliyah Miracle, a socially awkward girl falls in love with the popular athlete with deadly secrets, Alexander Lucas. Most people think they aren't m...