Her Weakness {Newt x reader}

By bagsybaggins

Second Book of His Glue!! Escaping the Maze was difficult, but surviving the Scorch will be nearly impossibl... More

Saved
Wishing
W.I.C.K.E.D
The Scorch
Storm
Brother
How's it hanging?
Don't stop running
Marcus
Right Arm

Their Here

11.4K 283 340
By bagsybaggins

-Your pov-

I walk into a tent that Mary lead me too.

"You can stay here for now. I need to go and check on Vince." She says.

I nod, and she walks out of the tent. I sit on the bed, and lay down. I close my eye's, a swirling sicking feeling in my stomach. I turn to my side, and open my eyes when the tent door opens again.

I sit up automatically, and sigh when I see Newt.

"Ouch Love. Expecting someone else?" He says while putting his hand on his chest.

I smile and shake my head. "Nope. Just wasn't expecting anyone to come in. That's all." I lay back down again, when I feel the swirling again.

He rushes over, frowning and worried. "Love? What's wrong?!" He asks panicky.

I look at him and smile. "Nothing. Just have a strange feeling in my stomach." I say.

He kisses my forehead. "You don't feel like you have a fever. Tell me what you feel."

I sigh. "I feel. . . like I ate Fry's tomatoe soup."

He makes a face of disgust, and I see him trying not to gag.

"And. . . I have that feeling... like something bad is going to happen. And I can't shake it Newt." I say.

He frowns. "Love. We're safe, and now we can make our own world. Where we don't have to fear W.I.C.K.E.D finding us. Where we can start a family, and not worry about the Flare. We can build it. Together." He says kissing my hand.

I blush and smile. "Thank you Newt."
He grins. "Is there anything you want me to do? I want to help calm you down. I don't need you to worry, because then I'll worry. And we both know what happens when I get worried." He says smiling.

I giggle, and grab his hand.

"Sleep with me. Snuggle with me." I plead.

He chuckles, and kisses my cheek. "Of course you would want cuddles."

I smile, and cuddle into his chest as he lays down. "I can't help it. Your so warm, and soft. And you also smell amazing somehow."

I look up and see him blushing, and I giggle. He looks at me and grins. "Your also warm and soft. And you always smell amazing."

I blush, and hide my face in his chest. He chuckles and kisses my head again.

"Go to sleep. I don't want you to get sick Love." He whispers.

I nod, and kiss his chest, right above his heart. And I close my eyes, and drift to sleep.

~Dream~

I open my eyes, and see that I'min my tent. I slowly stand up, letting the covers fall to the ground. I see Newt isn't in the tent, and I walk out.

I see people laughing as they walk by, talking to others. I look over to the fire, and see Aris talking to the two girls. Harriet and Sonya.

I walk over and tap his shoulder.
He turns around and looks at me.

"Hey Aris. Do you know where Newt is?" I ask.

He points up, and I see Newt with the others on top of the cliff thing.

"Thanks!" I say walking away.

I head up the path, and walk quietly behind Newt. He didn't seem to notice me, but everyone else did. I smirked at Minho, who smirked back. I carefully walked up to him, and sat down on my knees behind him.

"Chuck would love it here." He said.

I smile, ad wrap my arms around his neck. "Yes he would Newtie."

Newt turned quickly and saw me. He smiled, and pulled me to his lap. He kissed me, and pulled away.

"I'm glad your feeling better." He said.

I smile and nod.

"Am I going insane? Or can you hear that too?" Fry asked.

I look to my right and see a burg fly right to us. It starts shooting and setting things on fire.
And that only means one thing.

W.I.C.K.E.D IS HERE.

Everything happened in a flash. One minute we were running down, and grabbing guns. Next minute we're all in groups on our knees. Our guns gone, and Ava walking out of the plane.

She stops in front of my group and looks at us. All of the people who escaped the maze.

"Why are you here Ava?" Mary asks, clearly pissed.

Ava turns to her and smiles sickly. "We've come to collect what is ours."

I feel my arm getting pulled out of its socket, as I'm jerked to my feet. I let out a yelp in pain, as I'm pulled away from Newt.

I'm pushed onto my knees, facing everyone else. Ava standing next to me, looking down at me.

"And this one ruined everything. Say goodbye YN. This is the last time anyone will see you...alive."

I feel tears pour down my face, and I feel a gun to th back of my head. I look up at Newt as be screams my name. Tears pour down his face, as he thrashes around to break free and reach for me.

"I love you." I whisper to him.

*bang*

*bang bang boom*

I sit up panting from my nightmare. I see Newt's not next to me, and I rush outside. Feeling panic rushing in to me. As I run outside, I stop a few feet from my tent.

W.I.C.K.E.D is here.

I hear the sound of Newt yelling my name, and I turn in that direction. I see him by a truck, that had a machine gun on the back. I rush towards it, only for my tent to be bombed.

Sending me to the ground, with a force strong enough to knock me out. I feel my eye's close, and my ears ringing.

-Time skip-

I feel myself wake up, and I open my eyes with a groan.

Fire. Blood. And bodies.

I see Newt, Minho, Thomas, Fry, Aris, Sonya, and Harriet in a group. On their knees.

"What are you doing here Ava?" Mary askes. Her pissed tone showing in her voice.

Ava turns and smiles sickly at Mary. "We've come to collect what is ours."

Memories of my dreams flash in my mind. Memories that I had when I was stung, flash through my mind.

The hallucination I had plays in my mind.

"Kill her." 

Ava.

"We need to go! It's not what you think it is!"

Thomas.

"We have you surrounded. There's no point in running."

Jansen.

"You need it to enter."

Marus.

"Drop it."

Harriet.

"We're safe, and now we can make our own world. Together."

Newt.

"We've come to collect what is ours." 

Ava.

"I love you."

Me.

I take a deep breath, trying to gether my strength. I push my self with my arms and fall down again.

I hear a bang and see Mary fall to the ground. Blood pooling from her stomach. Vince runs to hee and holds her.

I glance at Newt and feel my heart break at his face. Tears were pooring down his face, his shoulders shaking with each sob.

I take another deep breath, and slowly start crawling to a dead man who was holding a gun. His face was burnt away, along with his legs. I guess he was hit by the bomb too.

I grab his gun and look up to see Brenda and Jorge driving at Ava. The sadly miss, and my group starts running to the car with the machine gun. I quickly, and very shakely stand up. I take a deep breath, before walking right at the Burg.

I see Minho getting dragged and I step in front of the Burg.

"STOP!" I scream.

Everyone looks at me, and I see Ava and Jansen glaring at me.

"I am immune. And I can see the future, because of the griever serum. I can help you find the cure." I yell at them.

They scoff, and nod to a soldier. The soldier comes at me, and I quickly put the gun to my head. The soldier stops.

"I can help you find the cure. You can have me, and run what ever test you want on me. I don't care. But you need to let them go." I say nodding to the other people from other mazes.

Ava looks at me and shakes her head.

"No. You can only have one. It's a trade. One life, for one life." She said.

I gulp and nod. "Then drop Minho. Take me. And I swear that I won't ever try to run away. Just drop him." I say.

Ava looks at Minho and nods. The two guards drag Minho out, and I drop the gun. I walk onto the ship, and hear my names being screamed.

I turn around and watch the doors closing. I see Newt fighting against Thomas and Fry. His face full with pain and heartbreak. The tears streaming down his face as he screams my name again.

"I love you." I yell, just before the doors shut.

-No one's pov-

Everyone from the Glade watched in sorrow, as Newt fell to the ground crying. Screaming YN's name over and over again, making his voice hoarse.

Thomas went over to Minho, waking him up. Once he was away, he looked at Newt. And he broke down.

The loss of a friend. The loss of a sister. The loss of a lover. Each glader shead a tear for the same girl. The same girl who freed them from the maze.

The same girl who sacrificed herself, just to save a brother.

Family isn't always blood. But a Family is strong. But that strength can be a weakness. And it was hers.

It was Her Weakness.

《THE END. . . Of the second book! Yay! Hope you liked it! And did anyone notice the hints before I reviled it? No? Yes? Leave a comment of what you thought of this plot twist! And yes you can see the future, little bit cringy, that's what my friend's said when I told them the plot.

Anyway. I have the next book cover, and prologue!

Their Cure:

After being kidnapped by
W.I.C.K.E.D, Newt is set on setting her free. And when the chance comes along, he takes it. Only to find out a shocking discovery instead of his Love. YN lives within the last city. She is tested on to find out why she can see the future.

But a lot of things happened within the time she had been gone. She grew close to Teresa, but she still hated W.I.C.K.E.D.
But what happens when she sees the future again?
What will she do when she finds out Newt has the Flare?
What is this change that happened to YN's life?
Will it cause problems and pain? Or will it bring solutions and joy? And most importantly.

Will they find a Cure?

That's the cover and title/prologue.

I hope you enjoyed this story. And I look forward to making the last one. I shall have the first chapter done and published by tomorrow!

And here are two pics!

Later ya Cranks.
-Astrid》

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

344K 5.9K 47
After getting out of the maze alongside your brother and close friend, you cant trust anyone, especially after the people you're closest to are taken...
4.6K 102 14
RECONTINUED...? (NO IT ISNT... my B) Sequel to Connected. After you escaped the Maze, you were reunited with the Gladers and the Icers. But you were...
275K 7.6K 22
They passed the Maze Trials... They passed the Scorch trials... Now Y/N, Newt and the other subjects are trapped in W.I.C.K.E.D.'s facility to commen...
110K 2.2K 12
BURN - " trust no one " Cassiopeia Stewart survived the Flare ever since it started. Her parents decided that she and her little brother, Sam Stewart...