Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 2

1.5K 46 4
By Veikari

For the next week, all their days were full of chores what to do at the Guild. There were lots of things they had to buy, help making the foods, clean every spot of the whole Guild House and decorating it the best way they could. There was only few days left and everyone was doing their best to help, no matter how many times Freed and Laxus both said they absolutely didn't need anything fancy or showy.

But this was Fairy Tail, so it was pretty much pointless to wish celebration that would be calm and nothing big.

"Reedus, that looks wonderful!" Evergreen praised when looking at the beautifully colored flowers. Who would even believe they weren't real flowers?

"I'm really happy if this looks nice", Reedus said flattered and blushed. It was after all not that common the get praised by Ever.

"I have to say, this makes the whole Hall look completely different", Freed smiled while admiring all the paintings that had been brought alive due Reedus' Picto Magic. "It would be nice to always have something like this presented in here."

"Like something that fits the seasons?" Ever said excitedly.

"I'm not sure if I can do it permanently..." Reedus apologized with a tiny chuckle.

Freed looked at the stairs and ignored Ever and Reedus who kept talking about the idea and he smiled when he saw Laxus.

"What the...?" the lightning dragon slayer asked confused when looking around. "Since when did this old run-down pub turn into a meadow?"

"Reedus made everything according to Ever's plans", Freed chuckled. "Do you like it?"

"Do we really, really need this much flowers?" Laxus grumbled when seeing few gigantic purple orchids over the bar counter.

"You are always free to discuss about that with Ever. I decided not to do that."

"I guess that's a wise move... I'm starting to regret of letting her decide all the decorations..."

"I'm so sorry, Master", they heard a cold voice when Ever stepped beside them. "Would you care to tell me point by point what I should change with the decorations?"

"Eh... Nevermind", Laxus sneered instantly giving up. He was definitely not in a mood to start arguing with the brunette, he was already tired because there was so much to do. "Have you guys seen Bickslow by the way? I wanted to talk with him about some stuff."

"What stuff?" Freed asked confused.

"Mostly make sure he's not gonna make a toast with some stupid old stories or something similar."

"We must find him immediately", Freed decided without hesitation. "Were you supposed to meet him here?"

"Nah, haven't seen him at all today", Laxus huffed. "He didn't say that he'd have any plans today, though. Not before evening when we would get Roxanne, Roscoe and Kvestor from the train station."

"Don't tell me he's out drinking with Cana", Freed sighed as Laxus went to talk with Mirajane of something. "Of course, there's still few days before the wedding but there is also so much what to do."

"I will make sure to find him", Ever offered. "Don't you worry."

"How are you planning to find him?"

"By making Elfman to look for him", Ever hummed happily. "He has free time so it should be fine."

"How are you two doing, by the way? You just moved in together and then we had a week long mission. Did it cause anything bad?"

"Of course not", Ever said. "We're mages. We have to take missions that might last long times sometimes, even months so one week is nothing."

"That's good", Freed smiled. "I was just a little bit worried."

When knowing how Ever could be sometimes terrifyingly clever but still very impulsive, anyone would be worried. But guess she really did love Elfman.

"You have absolutely no need to be worried at all", Ever tisked annoyed.

"I know. He is a really good guy after all", Freed smiled. "I'm really happy you could find someone so honest man who knows how to value something as delicate as you. Even if you're sometimes a little bit too much to handle..."

"Hey!"

"But he knows that despite how spicy you can be, you're still just a fragile little fairy inside", Freed chuckled.

"That's more like it", Ever smirked hugging Freed. "Is Felix playing with his great-grandfather somewhere?"

"Yes, Makarov promised to keep him and Vellanja busy so they wouldn't cause troubles and we can concentrate handling things here."

"Those two they are just so cute both of them", Ever giggled when picturing the blond haired boy and the raven haired girl. "Always picking on each other."

"I have told you, it is not okay to think like that. That will only encourage them to fight and that way they learn it is a good way to solve things."

"You always find a way to make things more boring, huh?" Ever sighed disappointed.

"I just want them to understand that things can be solved without violence", Freed forwned crossing his arms.

"I know, Sweetie. You're absolutely right, as always", Ever said rolling her eyes. "But they are kids, Freed. Let them argue and fight sometimes, it won't harm them I'm sure of it. You just overthink everything like usual."

"When did you learn that much about kids anyway?" Freed muttered slightly annoyed, mostly because he knew that Ever was actually right. He didn't run between Felix and Vellanja every time they fought, but maybe he did lecture them little bit too often. He was boring even himself out.

"Have I ever implied that I'm bad with kids?" the brunette asked raising her eyebrows. "Shut up, I can see it all over your face how you think I'm not exactly someone you would think would want spend time with kids. And I really don't. I'm just using common sense and I have kept my eyes open, you know. You're not the only person in this place who can learn something by just following what other people do", Ever reminded hands on her hips.

"Have I ever suggested something like that?"

"Smartass. You know, when they fight they can actually become closer together."

Freed sighed thinking about it a moment. He had actually never really thought things that way. But now that he did, it really did make sense.

"Natsu and Grey are close, even though you wouldn't think it when you saw them fighting all the time", he had to admit. Their team sure did have their own quarrels too, but they never really fought like that. "Even if they have calmed down lately."

"We all mature at some point", Ever chuckled.

"It is really interesting how much people can change in four years", Freed smiled. "All kinds of incidents slowly but sternly shape us into something new when given time."

Sudden heat wave bursted over them burning the beautiful flowers and whatever was left of them were frozen by the icy wind.

"Then again, sometimes it feels like things never change even one bit", Freed shook his head as Ever locked her deadly glare towards the fighting mages, who didn't seem to notice at all what disaster they were causing. "Let them be, Ever", Freed smiled. "Reedus can always make more flowers for us."

Ever was just about to start argue with him when the big doors slammed open and they saw Bickslow.

"Someone has attacked Naava Town!" he yelled.

Freed and Evergreen both jolted and ran towards their friend.

"What is the situation?" Freed asked.

"I don't know, Roscoe just called me", Bickslow said worried. "I didn't understand much since the line was really bad but if that guy calls us it cannot be something good!"

"We have to leave immediately", Laxus said coming over.

"Laxus", Bickslow smiled relieved.

"They're saved!" his 'babies' yelled.

"They're part of our Guild now and even if they weren't, we would help", Laxus said. Three years ago Roxanne, Roscoe and Kvestor all three had joined Fairy Tail, but didn't leave Naava Town and very rarely they asked their help at anything. That made them all just more worried what kind was the situation in there.

"Laxus!" they heard a familiar sound and looked at Natsu who came over to them with others. "Is something going on?" the pink haired mage asked.

"Yes", Laxus said. "Bickslow's hometown is under attack."

"We're going to help too!" Natsu snarled and others yelled agreeignly. "We won't leave Madam Roxanne in trouble!"

"Thanks, guys", Bickslow grinned gratefully.

"Reedus! Paint us some pigs that can fly!" Erza yelled.

"Oui! As you command!" Reedus said stepping out of the Guild House and painting some baby pigs on his arms. They popped out from his skin and transformed into big strong swines that had wings.

"I'd like to offer my skills to help getting there faster", Mest said stepping beside Laxus.

"That is much appreciated", Laxus nodded. "Can you teleport me and the Thunder Legion there?"

"I can do my best, Master."

"Then that is what we will do."

"Warren", Freed said looking at the telepathy mage. "Contact rest of the Guild who are in Magnolia and inform them about the situation. Use Reedus' pigs to get in Naava Town as quickly as you can."

"Yes!" Warren said, closing his eyes.

Freed frowned and looked outside where mages picked their swines and got off.

"Gramps will take care of Felix", Laxus said to him as he could guess what his mate was thinking. "Don't worry, they will be fine here in Magnolia."

"You're right", Freed nodded and stepped beside his team members and Mest. "We should go."

Mest nodded and with a swish of his hand their surroundings turned into a blurry mess of colours and shapes. It didn't take more time than just few seconds and then it stopped. Since it was still early spring, in Naava Town there wre still lots of snow and now they were standing at the middle of the field near the town itself.

It was like the tall mountains were bleeding as the fires of the burning town and forests were reflected from the snow on their slopes.

"What the hell?" Laxus grunted as they all were stunned by the horrible view.

The whole sky was black because of the smoke, but suddenly many dark red balls of fire shoot down destroying more of the town and shaking the ground under their feet. They could hear fightened screams and how buildings grumbled down. The smell of the air was something they would never forget.

"It's like a meteor shower", Freed gasped astonished.

"Bickslow, we go find Roxanne, Roscoe and Kvestor. Mest, Freed, Ever, you three concentrate on evacuating as many people as you possibly can. Don't do anything hasty! If there are enemies, be careful. Forget putting down the fires if not necessary, focus on saving the people!"

"Right!" they yelled and split up, all heading towards different parts of the town that had became a burning hell from nightmares.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.8K 1.9K 30
What if there was a next generation of Fairy Tail? What if they all had gone back to the past? What will the future parents do? How can the next gen...
22.6K 255 15
Y/N = Your name L/N = Last Name H/C = Hair Color E/C = Eye Color ⚠️Contains The Following⚠️ •Sexual Themes & Depiction •Strong & Vulgar language •Us...
242K 5.4K 24
{Completed} Laxus has always been your first love, he is the one that saved you after all. You've been dating for 8 years but your relationship has b...
23.4K 593 35
It all started with a stupid spell. Lucy and Levy were creating a fun new spell but they accidentally cast the spell on a certain green haired rune m...