Korean Mythology

By goddessRhoda

Korean mythology consists of national legends and folk-tales which come from all over the Korean Peninsula. T... More

About Korean Mythology
The Creation Myth
Flood Myth
Cheonjiwang Bonpuri
Jumong
Solmundae Halmang
Hwanung
Dangun
Hwanin
Sansin
Heo Hwang-Ok
Igong Bonpuri
Yuhwa
Kim Suro
Habaek
Koenegitto
Haemosu
Jowangsin
Teojushin
Nulgubjishin
Cheukshin
Eopshin
Samshin Halmoni
Sosamshin
Seonangshin
Korean Shamanism
Gashin
Chasa Bonpuri
Birth & Agriculture Myth
Sonnimgut
Myth about Shaman
Gunung Bonpuri
Kumiho
Dokkaebi
Mujeon Bonpuri
Gwisin
Samjoko
Kkoktu
The Sun and The Moon
Korean Dragon

Chollima

391 5 0
By goddessRhoda

Korean Mythology

Chollima

Chollima is an important symbol in North Korea. It is the nickname of the North Korean national football team. It gave its name to the Chollima Movement, which promoted fast economic development, similar to that of the Chinese Great Leap Forward and the Soviet Stakhanovite movement. After the Korean War, the country required rebuilding to function again. In order to expedite the construction, President Kim Il-sung devised the slogan "rush as the speed of Chollima".
Several statues are found of this creature in Pyongyang, the capital of North Korea. The Chollima Statue symbolizes "heroism, the constant, fighting spirit of the Korean people, and the innovations and advance so quickly, at the speed of the Chollima". A notable one can be found on Mansu Hill, and was finished on April 15, 1961. It stands roughly 46 meters high and 16 meters long, measured from the pavement to the top of the Red Letter of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea representing the working class.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 46.2K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
The Outbreak By Joshua

Science Fiction

21.2K 560 9
When a young boy named Joshua is stuck in the middle of a zombie outbreak, he needs to learn how to find food for himself, find survivors and most im...
4.7K 265 24
ចំណងស្នេហាមួយដែលមិនបានសមប្រកបតាមដូចបំណងកាលពីវគ្គមុន ពេលនេះចំណងស្នេហ៍មួយនោះក៏នឹងចារចេញជាសាច់រឿងមួយទៀត... ការជួបគ្នាដោយឥតព្រៀងទុក នឹងមិនបានគិតថានឹងមកជួ...
18.4K 234 27
I watched young royals and OMG WALTER AND HENRY ARE SO FUCKING CUTE😭😍😍😍