roommates

De miilkcookiies

This is not your typical love story. After high school, Casey Treslock dropped out of college and some stuff... Mai multe

01
02
03
05
06

04

19 2 1
De miilkcookiies

Chapter Four : Unbroken Ribs

"What?"

"I'll tell you my name," he repeats.

"Okay," I respond without thinking it over.

"Okay. But I'll only tell you after I come back."

"Fine."

I walk back to the car and sit in the passenger's seat. Cadillac walks into the house and a few minutes later, he walks back out. But to my surprise, he was shirtless.

"Why the hell are you shirtless?"

He doesn't answer me. He just gets into the car and starts the engine.

"Cadillac," I shout, trying to get his attention. "Cadillac! Cadi-"

"It's Kayden," he cuts off. "Kayden Ruff."

Kayden.

Where have I heard that name before?

"Kayden," I repeat.

"Yes?"

"Why the hell are you shirtless?" I repeat my question a little softer.

"You ask way too many questions Casey."

He used my name. It was the first time since I met him that he used my name. That got me to shut up. We didn't say a word to each other after that. I turned my body away from him and he sped away, back to the apartment.

He didn't say a word until we went into the apartment and saw the scene happening in front of us. Parker and Chelsea on the counter in a full out make out session.

"What the hell?!" Kayden storms into the room and practically drags Preston off of Chelsea, causing her to stumble off the counter.

"Dude chill," Preston says. "You're gonna hurt her. No need to cause a scene."

Chelsea walks over to Preston while rubbing her back. It probably hit the counter while she slid off due to Kayden's harsh actions. \

"Chill? Chill?! That's where we eat!"

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry!" Preston apologizes. "I didn't think it was a big deal. You and Merri did it all the ti-"

Kayden cuts Preston off abruptly and I only just now realize how close they are.

"You don't know anything about us, okay?" His voice went ten octaves deeper and he the glare he shot at Preston was extremely intimidating. Most guys would have run out by now, but Preston decided to keep pushing.

"Yes. I don't know anything about her. Why? Because you kept her a damn secret for months! Then when I finally met her, you broke up with her! Actually, I don't even know what happened between you guys. Because you never tell me anything Kayden! Nothing! You're entire life is a mystery to me! I've known you for five years now and I still know nothing."

Parker's voice is cold by the time he finishes his rant. Everybody is silent and nobody dares to move. Chelsea is the first one to break the silence. She looks at me and asks, "Can you get me some ice?"

I happily oblige, glad to be away from the tension. I make my way to the refrigerator and grab the ice from the freezer. As I close the freezer, I hear a scream from the living room. I drop the ice and dash back into the room only to see Kayden ramming his fist into Prestons face.

"Kayden!" I scream. He doesn't stop. "Kayden!" Preston tries to fight Kayden off but it's clear he doesn't want to fight back.

"Do something!" Chelsea shouts at me. I'm really starting to get annoyed with this girl. If she can't do anything to stop their fighting? Why does she think I can?

I look around for something to throw at them but I don't see anything soft enough so it doesn't leave a scar. Kayden is still pounding his fist into Preston and if he doesn't stop now, we would have to take Preston to the emergency room.

So, I make one of the stupidest decisions I've ever made in my life. I run up to Kayden and pry him off of Preston. Unfortunately, right as I'm charging towards him, Kayden swings his arm back to hit Preston once more. The arm jabs me in the ribs and I tumble back, falling backwards.

Kayden realizes that he hit something and when he turns and sees me lying on the floor, shock fills his face.

He dashes up to me and with a worried expression and asks, "Fiona, are you okay?" I don't answer so he tries to pull me up from the floor. I push his hands away in protest, not wanting him to be anywhere near me.

"I'm fine," I huff. "But Preston's not. What the hell is wrong with you? He's hurt Kayden! Can't you see that? You treat me like a piece of trash. You don't even call me by my name! And Preston. You guys have been friends for what? Five years? Isn't that what he said earlier? And you go and do this to him?" I point to Preston lying on the floor with crying a Chelsea beside him.

"He said something!"

"Does it matter?!" I shout back.

"Yes."

"Clearly."

I groan as I try to get up. My hand clutches my ribs and I put pressure on it, hoping it would feel better. I go to the kitchen to get some ice for both me and Preston.

I see the ice bag that I had dropped on the floor before. It had made a puddle in the middle of the room. I wasn't careful and my foot stepped into the puddle, causing me to slip. I start to fall, but arms grab my waist and pull me back up.

"Hey, careful Fiona."

"I said not to call me that."

"Okay." He pauses for a second then adds, "Fiona."

I shake my head and bend down to pick the ice bag off of the floor. I wince in pain since my ribs still hurt.

"I got it. I got it," Kayden assures while picking up the ice bag. He walks over to the counter and grabs a towel to clean up the mess on the floor.

"Thanks."

I walk slowly over to the freezer to grab more ice bags. One for me, one for Preston. My ribs were really bothering me and it hurt when I walked. So, I hold one of the ice bags out to Kayden and sighed, "Take this to Preston. I don't think I can walk over there."

"Dramatic much?"

"You caused this to happen."

"You decided to put yourself in the middle of the fight."

"To stop you from killing him!" I snap.

"Whatever you say."

He grabs the bag from my hand and makes his way into the living room. I walk over to the counter chairs and take a seat. The pain was really starting to hit in. At first, it wasn't that bad. The adrenaline probably covered it up. If there's permanent damage, I'm going to kill him.

I realize that I need to go to hospital to see if anything's broken. It hurt so bad that I probably had multiple broken ribs. I waddle to the living room as slowly as possible, trying to stop my ribs from hurting.

When I get there, I see Chelsea pressing the ice bag I had Kayden give Preston on his face. Preston was bruised up pretty bad, but it didn't look like he had any permanent damage. But, I'm not a doctor so who knows.

"Hey, I think we should go to the hospital to see if anything's broken," I announce.

"You're overreacting Fiona," Kayden rebuked.

"I agree with Casey," Preston adds.

"Can you drive us?" I ask Kayden. When he doesn't answer, I add, "You did this to us."

"Fine, but don't get any blood on Smokey."

Kayden opens the apartment door and motions for us to go. I wobble out the door and Preston follows. It was hard for me to get down the stairs and I took so long that Kayden got so annoyed, he carried me down. I was against this because it could put more damage to my ribs but I didn't really have a choice. Everyone was waiting up for me.

I sat in the passenger's seat while Chelsea and Preston sat in the back. Nobody talked on the way to the hospital. A while later, we arrived at St. June's Medical Center. It was a red brick building with at thirty levels.

"Come on," Kayden urges. I didn't realize that he had already parked and everyone was getting out of the car. I follow them into the building and we ride the elevator to floor sixteen. I was right. Thirty three levels. The elevator dings, alerting us of our arrival and we all step out.

Kayden helps me sign in since it was my first visit. Preston goes in first and the doctor quickly notices Kayden's bruised knuckles and Preston's injured face. He probably had a lot of these incidents since he didn't say anything and just called Preston in for his exam.

When Preston came out, he informed us that nothing was broken. Just a few bruises. He also told us that the doctor asked if he wanted to press charges. He told him no. Kayden just laughs and shakes his head.

I really don't understand him. He should be relieved that Preston isn't pressing charges. This stuff goes on your permanent record.

"Casey Treslock?" The doctor calls. I stand up slowly and walk into the room. I don't know why but Kayden follows me. "Hi, I'm Doctor Jamming. I'll be helping you today."

"Hi," I say while giving him a warm smile.

"So, what seems to be the problem today?" He looks at my chart and reads, "Ribs. Hm, you do this to her too?" He glances at Kayden.

Kayden clenches his fists and his eyes harden. I could feel him about to explode so I answer for him.

"No, I tripped going up the stairs. Clumsy me."

"Oh, sorry for assuming," Doctor Jamming apologizes.

"Not accepted," Kayden grumbles.

I rest my hand on his left arm and I squeeze trying to tell him not to push it. He seems to get my message because he relaxes.

"Okay, I want to get an x-ray scan to see if anything's broken okay?"

"Okay."

I walk with him to the x-ray machine and he sets everything up. I get my scans done but the doctor says it takes a while for them to develop. So, I leave the room and go back to Kayden.

"Hey, he said it's gonna take a while. So, do you wanna wait with Preston and Chelsea?"

"No."

"What, why?"

"I don't want to see him."

"Kayden you should be glad he's not pressing charges!" Kayden laughs when I say this. He bursts out laughing. I just stare at him dumbfounded by his actions.

"Why are you laughing?" I question.

"Pressing c-charges?" He laughs in between breaths. "H-he wouldn't dare!"

"What?"

He just continues to laugh like a schoolgirl. He doesn't stop till a few minutes later. By then, I was getting so annoyed I was ready to walk out of the room.

"I'm leaving," I murmur.

He stops laughing and looks up at me.

"Don't."

"I really don't get you," I sigh while sitting back down.

"Me either."

"So why are you so moody all the time?" I ask.

"So many questions Fiona," he says emphasizing Fiona.

"Why can't you answer them Cadillac," I fire back emphasizing Cadillac.

"You know, you stopped calling me that after I told you my name. Why?"

"I don't know. I thought it would be more respectful to call you by your actual name."

"I liked it better as Cadillac."

I didn't have time to respond to him because the doctor walked into the room with scans in his hands.

"Good news! Nothing's broken," Doctor Jamming announces.

"Oh thank god." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"Great can we go now?" Kayden asks with an annoyed expression.

"Though nothing's broken, your ribs are fractured. You're gonna have to be really careful for about the next two months. Then come back in and we'll look at it again to see if it healed properly."

"Thank you. What do I do about the pain?" I ask.

"I'll prescribe some cream that will help with the pain."

"Perfect, can we leave now?" Kayden stresses.

"Yes, you can go now. Just sign out at the counter."

Kayden gets up and pulls me up gently as well.

"Thank you for your help Doctor Jamming," I say.

"Anytime," he smiles.

"Let's hope you don't have to come back," Kayden hissed.

"I'm sorry about him," I whisper as we leave hoping that Kayden didn't hear me. He did. Doctor Jamming smiles and Kayden rolls his eyes.

"Why are you so rude?" I ask when we're in the hallway of the hospital making our way back to Preston and Chelsea.

"You'll get used to it."

"No I won't," I mumble.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

954 58 23
The tale of two madly in love souls, craving each other more than anything, torn apart by unexpected and unfortunate circumstances.
12.1K 1.9K 27
Oscar Cameron moved to South Korea at the age of sixteen. By eighteen, it has been decided that he was to go for business studies - except his grades...
8.5K 78 60
I was wrapping up my junior year of high school when my mom told me that we were moving. It was goodbye Cambridge, Massachusetts and hello Newport, R...
43 0 15
Mia Laurier, an average teenage girl with an average life who loves God/Jesus, her dogs, reading, and hates math. She lives in the simple small town...