Aftertaste | J.JK

By Kuribee126

Elle has been forbidden to go outside for her entire life, because of a sickness that will kill her if she do... More

AFTERTASTE | J.JK
My Second Contact
His Favorite Scent
The Seven Vampires
The Two Sides of Maknae
His Nature
Eyes of a Vampire
The Final Door
What I Don't Understand
Are You
The Blood Hour
Shatter Him
Precious to Me
Seventeen Years
Don't Be Afraid
Miss 69 Degrees
She Is Mine
Where You Are
We Are The Contest
What We Ever Imagined
Dawn To Morning
My Life For Theirs
As Captives
Taking Risks and Chances
I Love You
Her Gift
Vampire Side
Confirming Not Asking
Rosie The Daisy
Just Seconds
The Blood Of Lavender
Two Flowers
Epilogue

The Taste of You

1.5K 115 4
By Kuribee126

My breath hitches in my throat as I feel the tips of his fangs prick my skin, drawing blood. His hand clutches my waist tighter as he tastes it, and I can sense his body tremble with pleasure.

I should be either horribly disgusted or horribly terrified, but strangely I feel none of that.

It's just numbness, even though the contact lasts for a fraction of a second.

He only tastes a drop or two before he pulls away, his eyes flickering rapidly from vampire to human. His breathing is so abnormal that I'm more worried about that than the two small holes in my neck, dripping small rivulets of red.

"Oh my Lord," He gasps, eyes wide and black again. With a shocked cry, he pushes off of my body and stumbles back so quickly it's a miracle he didn't trip over his feet.

His irises glitch as if he and the vampire inside of him was trying to fight for control.

Jungkook draws his thumb over his lips, looking even more panicked when he sees the red smeared on the skin. One of his eyes turn a full-on silver while the other remains dark.

When I rush to help, he gasps desperately.

"No,"  He breathes, voice trembling with fear. "Get away from me. Go away."

Was it because of my scent?

But I follow his instructions, scared that he was going to get worse. His eyes flicker and fix on my neck, the spot where he'd bitten.

It was distracting him.

Grabbing the nearest piece of clothing I can find, I press it over the red trailing from the two small holes. They're tiny, but still visible if one looked closely. I think about how I shouldn't forget to wear my hair down at all times now.

He winces when I shift back, like he was in pain. I want to help him, but if it was my own self that was causing this....

"I'm sorry," He gasps, forcing his eyes close. "I'm stupid. So foolish."

I don't even need to ask before he starts talking, as if it was the only thing distracting him from me. The silver of his eyes flicker and fluctuate, the vampire side getting stronger, weaker.

Stronger again.

"I forgot to take my daily blood. And then you were so close, smelling like heaven. I lost control." He speaks in sharp bursts, but I'm relieved to see that the silver was fading away in his eyes.

"It's okay, Jungkook." I assure him. It didn't even hurt that much, and it wasn't like he'd nearly drained me to death. Besides, the small holes would heal soon.

"No," He growls, suddenly ferocious. "It is not. I drank your blood, Elle. I tasted it, and I liked it. Do you know what that means?"

I look at him in confusion, and he covers his face with his hands.

"It means—my God, your scent is already overwhelming." He says, gritting his teeth in frustration. "I could smell you from a mile away."

"Should I go take a shower?" I suggest, and he laughs bitterly.

"A million showers won't change anything, Elle. It won't change the fact that I can't come near you now without putting you in danger, and it won't change the fact that I'm always going to want your blood."

He looks at me, eyes narrowed.

"Pretend all you've ever eaten in your life is dirt. Pretend you've gotten all used to it, and then one day you try the best food you could've ever eaten. What do you think would happen?"

My brows furrow. "The dirt will taste even worse?"

"Yes, but—" He suddenly frowns, eyes scrunching together. "Sorry, but can you go all the way over there? Your smell is so powerful, it's killing me."

My eyes go wide with surprise, and I press myself up against the opposite wall to try to make it better for him. When he hears me apologize, he smiles forcefully.

"It's not your fault your scent is so addictive. Just give me a second, okay?"

When I nod, he disappears.

Then he appears again, this time with a packet of red fluid. When he turns the packet over to stick a straw in it, I can see it reads Tomato Juice.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I didn't think that was going to fool anyone into thinking that the thick red substance was really what it said on the outside.

"That's slightly better," He remarks as he tosses the empty pack into the trash beside my desk. "Not as hungry anymore, so more control. Do you get it?"

I nod.

"So that tastes like dirt." I point at the trash, indicating its content. "What do I taste like?"

Jungkook breathes slowly, closing his eyes as if he was enjoying the afternoon breeze. When he opens them again, he looks euphoric.

"You smell like gardenia. Therefore you taste absolutely fantastic." He licks his lips, looking at me curiously.

"You don't seem very afraid for a person who just got kissed by a vampire."

My face flushes with red.

"What do you mean kissed? You bit me. There's a huge difference between the two, Jungkook."

He looks amused at my blushed cheeks, as if his wasn't reacting the same way.

"In vampire dictionary, both are the same thing. Either way, lips touch skin, doesn't it?"

A devilish smile lights up his face as he watches me flush even deeper.

"Don't tell me that you're shy because all I did was switch up the definitions a little bit?" He asks teasingly, and I glare at him with what venom I can muster up.

Which doesn't turn out to be much.

"You're adorable," He admits when I throw the blanket over my head. I can't see him anymore, but that's good because that means he can't see me either.

And with the shade my face is taking on, I didn't even want my mother to see me.

With the blanket still securely over me, I smile.

"You're adorable, too."

"No, I'm not. Maybe back when I was eight, but I'm eighteen now, okay? Things have changed."

I would deny that wholly and absolutely if Jin's advice didn't remind itself in my head. That he had dignity and I wasn't supposed to try and knock it down.

So I open my mouth to agree when the blanket is suddenly flung out of my loosened grip, now in Jungkook's grasp instead of mine. He smiles triumphantly as I stare at him, utterly dumbfounded.

"Come on, Elle. Just because it's strong doesn't mean it's beautiful."

I'm still confused.

"What is?"

"Your scent." Now he's the one who's looking puzzled, brows furrowing together. "You were trying to muffle it with the blanket, weren't you?"

Before I can give a reply, the air suddenly changes. Jungkook's eyes go wide when Jimin appears out of nowhere, his ash hair a mess and his eyelids closing with exhaustion.

"Jimin hyung?"

"Jimin?"

When we both exclaim in surprise, Jimin's bloodshot eyes go circular with shock. He whips toward Jungkook, his head tilted up into the air.

A shiver crawls up my spine, and I brace myself for what he would say next.

"Explain, Jungkook." Jimin snarls, his voice suddenly animalistic. It reminds me of Jungkook's when he had gotten angry, and I swallow as I watch his eyes shift from a dark brown to a glowing storm gray.

"Why I smell freaking gardenia all over this room." His vampire eyes flash briefly to me, and his face contorts with fury as he roars.

"And are those holes in her neck?"

Jungkook gulps, and I hurry to intervene before Jimin tore the maknae into pieces. My voice is urgent as I rush between the two, creating a barrier.

Weak, but a barrier nonetheless.

"Jimin, it's okay." I say, feeling the intensity of his narrowed eyes. Vampires were terrifying when they got angry. "He didn't have blood to drink last night, and he never meant to take some from me. It was just a drop or two. And then he pulled away."

When his eyes don't change back, I nearly think he's going to have my head. And if it wasn't just my imagination, it seemed like the gray was growing heavier.

Thankfully, though, the original dark returns.

"You better not be lying," Jimin accuses, his fists clenching and loosening back again. "Jungkook knows that this isn't allowed. He can't give in to his instincts, or what happened before will happen again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 7.8K 25
A girl named Choi Hee Young moved with her parents, so she's new in the high school. She's very brave and indeed she's curious about everything. She...
90.7K 4.5K 19
Bts vampire/werewolf au ft. Vminkook "Wouldn't you be pissed if you were in my shoes?" Jungkook says. Jimin has lied to him for months. He wonders ho...
24.7K 898 17
For his entire life Min Yoongi has been a vampire, living in a pack of pure-blood vampires. He goes to a mixed school. A school with both Vampires an...
9K 419 18
Jungkook is a new vampire, pulled into the task of stopping a homicidal vampire on a spree up the coast. Being the only surviving victim he was trans...