Falling for my best friend [O...

By KittyWritesStories

Kaede Akamatsu joins Hopes Peak Academy only to find a boy who becomes her best friend, Shuichi Saihara. With... More

Welcome!
Chapter 1: Meeting my best friend I
Chapter 2: Meeting my best friend II
Chapter 3: Getting to know my best friend I
Chapter 4: Getting to know my best friend II
Chapter 5: Getting to know my best friend III
Chapter 6: Going out with my best friend I
Chapter 7: Going out with my best friend II
Chapter 8: Going out with my best friend III
Chapter 9: Getting to know my best friend IV
Chapter 10: Getting to know my best friend V
Chapter 11: Playing for my best friend I
Chapter 12: Playing for my best friend II
Chapter 13: Playing for my best friend III
Chapter 14: Going out with my best friend IV
Chapter 15: Getting to know my best friend VI
Chapter 16: Getting to know my best friend VII
Chapter 17: Getting to know my best friend VIII
Chapter 18: Jealousy of a best friend I
Chapter 19: Jealousy of a best friend II
Chapter 20: Jealousy of a best friend III
Chapter 21: Jealousy of a best friend IV
Chapter 22: Losing my best friend? I
Chapter 23: Losing my best friend? II
Chapter 24: Losing my best friend? III
Chapter 25: Losing my best friend? IV
Chapter 26: He's more than my best friend
Announcement
Chapter 27: Breaking the news I
Chapter 28: Getting to know my best friend IX
Chapter 30: Accidents Happen I
Chapter 31: Going on a date I
Chapter 32: Going on a date II
Chapter 33: Girl's Night Out I
Chapter 34: Girl's Night Out II
Special Chapter: Beach Day I
Special Chapter: Winter Resort I
Chapter 35: Girl's Night Out III
Chapter 36: Decisions and Secrets I
Chapter 37: Decisions and Secrets II
Chapter 38: Rumors and the Truth I
Chapter 39: Rumors and the Truth II
Happy birthday, Shuichi!
We're finally here!
Chapter 40: Rumors and the Truth III
Chapter 41: Rumors and the Truth IV
Chapter 42: Rumors and the Truth V
Chapter 43: Rumors and the Truth VI
Chapter 44: Rumors and the truth VII
Chapter 45: The Piano Competition I
Chapter 46: The Piano Competition II
Chapter 47: Hope for my best friend I
Chapter 48: Hope for my best friend II
Chapter 49: Hope for my best friend III
Chapter 50: Hope for my best friend IV
Thank you

Chapter 29: Breaking the news II

2.4K 48 104
By KittyWritesStories

Shuichi and I finished cleaning up our dishes. I turned on my phone to check the time. "Wow, it's 7:30! Time really passes when you're having fun." I looked at Shuichi who also had a smile on his face. "Are you planning to go home now?" I was hoping for a no, but know that there's no way he would stay over. His smile also faded as he nodded his head.

      "It is getting pretty late, but I'm really happy we did this, Kaede. I had a lot of fun."

      "So did I, Shuichi. I can't wait to tell everyone about us." We both laughed and headed upstairs. I saw him glance at his cap on my bed so I quickly snatched the object before he could take it. " Don't even think about it. I told you, you aren't wearing this anymore." He let out a small huff, but didn't try to get it back. When he turned to head out the door, I immediately felt lonely. He can't leave just yet! I quickly grabbed his wrist causing him to turn around confused. "W-wait, could you listen to a song of mine? I'm practicing for the next tournament and would appreciate if you could tell me what you think."

     The boy reluctantly nodded. We both sat on the black bench in front of my piano. I quickly thought of Love is a beautiful pain by Endless Tears and flawlessly traced my fingers against the keys. I wasn't sure why I was playing this song. I don't think I'll be using it for the competition and that won't even happen for a couple of months. I just don't want him to leave me so soon, but the longer he stays the more dangerous it is for him to drive home. And if he stayed, where would he sleep? The thought of Shuichi sleeping next to me caused my finger to slip hitting the wrong key. I stopped playing and noticed Shuichi's eyes on me. "Are you nervous? You were doing wonderful, Kaede." I smiled at him.

      "T-thank you." There's no way I could share my thoughts! Eesh, it's only the first day of our relationship. But we have kissed and cuddled already... We even cooked together. My face turned beat red and my mind became foggy, but I quickly smacked myself. Shuichi jumped at the sudden action.

     "A-are you okay, Kaede?"

     "Y-yeah, I'm just getting a bit sleepy." I need to get these weird thoughts out of my head! "Y-you should probably get going now." He hesitated at first, but nodded and left my room. Once I heard the front door of my house close, I jumped onto my bed. I started giggling to myself. "I'm actually dating him! I'm actually dating Shuichi! Yahoo!" I jumped up on my bed, but then hit my head against the ceiling. "Ow..." I quickly took my phone out and messaged the girls' group chat.

Kaede: You girls are in for a treat tomorrow.

Maki: What do you mean?

Mikan: Are you finally dating Shuichi?!

Miu: Not right now, Mikan. Remember yesterday?

Tenko: Tell us, Kaede!

Kaede: Tomorrow :)

Tenko: Boo! I can't wait!

Maki: Learn to be patient then.

Kaede: Haha see you girls tomorrow.

      I messaged Shuichi a few minutes afterwards smiling to myself.

Kaede: Get home safely?

Shuichi: I'm still driving.

Kaede: What?! Omg don't text and drive!

Shuichi: You messaged me

Kaede: Stop! Focus on the road!

      I turned off my phone and started breathing heavily thinking of the horrible possibilities. I heard a beep from my phone and hesitantly checked.

Shuichi: I'm just kidding, I've been home.

Kaede: Shuichi! You scared me! That isn't funny >:(

Shuichi: Haha I'm sorry I won't do it again.

Kaede: ...

Shuichi: Are you mad?

Kaede: ...

Shuichi: You're pouting right now, aren't you?

      My cheeks instantly turned pink at that message.

Kaede: No!

Shuichi: I knew I'd get you to talk.

Kaede: Geez... Stop talking like you know me.

Shuichi: But don't I know my own girlfriend?

Kaede: Unfortunately :P

      I smiled heavily at the last word of that message. I replayed the sound of Shuichi's voice in my head when he asked if I could be his girlfriend. We continued messaging about the most random things as if we were still best friends. It was relieving to see that this wouldn't change even if we were dating. It turned 10 o' clock way too quickly, but my eyes were starting to feel heavy.

Shuichi: It's getting late, I'm gonna head to bed.

Kaede: Me too, I'm getting tired.

Shuichi: Can I drive you to school tomorrow?

Kaede: Is that even a question? Of course! I'll see you at 7:30

Shuichi: Good night <3

Kaede: Good night <3

     I shut off my phone feeling my heart beat quickly. He has such a strong effect on me! I wonder if it's the same for him.

      Contrary to most days of the week, especially Mondays, I woke up with a big smile on my face. I was looking forward to seeing Shuichi and telling everyone about us. I took a quick morning shower, got dressed, and ate an apple as a quick breakfast meal. I saw my phone buzz and instantly snatched it to see Shuichi's message. I grinned and ran out to see his car. It was the first time that he picked up in a while and I truly missed it. 

       "Good morning, Shuichi!"

       "Good morning, Kaede." We leaned in and kissed each other before heading to school. The taste of his lips and the warmth that I always felt instantly made my heart skip a beat. He held my hand, but focused on the road for the entire ride. I kept glancing at him admiring his new look. "I-is something the matter?" he asked.

      "Not at all. I just love seeing you without your hat on." He didn't make eye contact with me showing a pink tint on his cheeks. I couldn't help, but giggle. Once Shuichi parked the car, we walked hand-in-hand into the school. I saw students immediately turn to us and whisper to each other.

      "There are so many eyes on us," Shuichi said quietly.

      "That's what dating is like in high school." I laughed and leaned in closer to him. We went straight to our normal hang out spot. Miu was the first to turn and notice us. Her eyes were wide and she shoved Tenko and Maki pointing our way. When they saw us they, too, had surprised looks on their faces. "Hey guys!" I exclaimed waving to them with my free hand.

     "Is this what you meant?!" Miu asked.

     "I knew they were dating!" Tenko exclaimed.

     "You both look so cute!" Mikan said.

      Shuichi didn't say anything rubbing the back of his neck, but he didn't let go of my hand. "Yeah, Shuichi and I started dating yesterday."

     "What the-!" We all turned around to see Kaito who also wore a surprised expression. He ran up to us and glanced at our hands then at us. "Dude, you finally got Kaede? Took you long enough," Kaito said punching Shuichi's arm lightly. The girls pulled me aside and immediately flooded me with questions.

     "Guys, it's not that big of a deal," I said modestly.

     "Yes it is!" they all exclaimed.

     "It was so obvious you guys liked each other. Shuichi just had to man up and make a move," Kaito said. From the corner of my eye, I saw Rantaro and waved at him. It wasn't until he started walking towards my direction that I realized what scene might occur. A boy who likes me and my boyfriend are going to meet each other! Panic arose, but once Rantaro got close enough I saw Shuichi walk in front of me and fist bump him.

"Y-you guys are friends?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be?" Rantaro asked and the two boys had grins on their faces. "Don't screw this up, Saihara. I won't forgive you if you hurt Kaede," he whispered so only Shuichi could hear. The boy smiled confidently.

"Don't worry, I won't. Thanks for your help." Rantaro nodded and waved before leaving. What was that?

     "So what happened? Spill the beans!" Mikan demanded. Shuichi and I glanced at each other then smiled. We all sat at our table situating ourselves.

     Shuichi and I were still holding hands as I told the story. "So as you guys know, Shuichi and I had some complications with misled information."

      "I was not on a date with Tsumugi. I already told her that when she came along," Shuichi said firmly.

      "And nothing was going on between Rantaro and I."

      "B-but you both were so close with them! I mean Shuichi is just a degenerate male," Tenko stated.

"Shut up, Tenko." The black haired girl didn't say more and everyone waited for our responses. I looked at Shuichi for him to answer.

"I didn't know that Kaede liked me. I was trying to get over her so that my feelings wouldn't ruin our relationship." I smiled at Shuichi for being honest.

      "You can't get over love!" Mikan said in delight. We both jumped at the word and blushed not looking at each other.

"Well, I'm just glad you both are together," Miu said looking away.

"Thank you," I replied.

"Shuichi!" We all turned around to see Tsumugi waving her hands.

"Does she know?" I asked Shuichi. He shook his head.

"I locked my room before she could say anything and I kind of left her this morning." I giggled softly although I did feel a little guilty. I let go of his hand so he could talk to Tsumugi. He didn't move or even turn to look at her.

"Aren't you gonna go?"

"Come with me. Whatever she has to tell me you, you can hear."

"Shuichi, I know you guys are just friends. I trust you, you know." He gave me a longing glance before nodding and heading to Tsumugi. I turned and talk to my friends describing what happened the day our relationship started.

~ Shuichi's POV ~

Ever since that random person messaged me, I've been trying to figure out who it could be. Now that Kaede and I are dating, there's no way I could let them ruin our relationship. I couldn't imagine hurting Kaede. I smiled at the thought of her as I headed towards Tsumugi. "Hey Tsumugi, what's up?"

"What's up? I wake up and you're already out the door. Thank God uncle was leaving for work."

"Oh, sorry. I wanted to share the good news with my friends."

"About what?" My eyebrow raised at her questions.

"About my relationship with Kaede." She scoffed and looked at me in disbelief. "Is something wrong?"

"What is there to talk about? Anyways, did you see? Our photo got 200 likes on Monogram! Wasn't it so cute?"

"It was a normal photo. Tsumugi, I don't like the caption. I'm sorry, but it's a little misleading. I don't want others to think we're dating," I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"Oh! I didn't think it was doing any damage."

"I mean Kaede and I are dating so I don't want others thinking I'm dating you as well." She stared at me for a second thinking about my words.

"Sorry could you repeat that?"

"Kaede and I are dating? So I don't want others thinking I'm dating you, too?" She processed my words and I thought I could see a frown on her face before plastering a smile.

"Oh okay! Well I'll take it down, so no need to worry." I smiled and thanked her.

"I should head back to everyone, you coming with?"

"No, thanks. I forgot I needed to make a call." I nodded and left back excited to hold Kaede in my arms.

~ Rantaro's POV ~

My heart felt warm when I saw Kaede's smile. I'm glad she's happy. I hope nothing bad happens to them. I closed my locker and headed for my first class. Once I turned the corner I heard talking and immediately hid behind the wall.

"Bad news." It was a familiar female's voice. I peaked my head and saw that Tsumugi girl. She looks extremely nervous. Although I wasn't a nosy person, I had a bad feeling in my stomach so I listened. "Kaede and Shuichi are dating... Yes... I know... I tried! I thought I had him, but I guess not. I know, I'm sorry... Yes, I can split them up. I've got it, don't worry." I frowned at the conversation. Someone is trying to ruin their relationship? Why? I turned and headed to my class thinking about possible culprits. Kaede...

Uploads every Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 7.3K 25
You've been enrolled into Hope's Peak Academy. You hoped it would be pretty typical, besides the elite feel to it. But that one blonde idiot keeps co...
8.6K 221 33
Shuichi Saihara's life is perfect. He has the perfect internship for his perfect talent at his perfect high school run by his perfect family. That's...
59.8K 2.2K 41
You enrolled in Hope's Peak College Program hoping that you'd reach great heights as the Ultimate Forensic Scientist. Things went great at first. You...
16.4K 527 10
❝𝐈𝐌 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 505, 𝐈𝐅 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐀 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄 ❞ . . . ꗃ...