EXPOSED

By True_Hawaiian

"Let me go... please." My heart began to race the closer he got. My back pressing against the wall of the sup... More

EXPOSED
1 | Paranoid
2 | Trauma Is Personal
3 | West Bridge High
4 | Interrogation
5 | Rough Day
6 | Why Not?
7 | Stop Apologizing
8 | Working On It
9 | All Nighter
10 | School Trip
11 | Passing Through
12 | Intoxicating
13 | Coping 101
14 | Distraction
15 | Family Night
16 | A Stand Off
Rainer VS Trey
17 | Stubborn Girl
18 | Code Black
19 | Mixed Emotions
20 | Late Confessions
21 | The Unknown Message
22 | Tick-tock, Amura
23 | Ride or Die
24 | For Attention
25 | You're Better Off
26 | Lake Night
27 | Strike One
28 | Strike Two
29 | Strike Three
30 | Flip The Switch
31 | Jealousy & Secrets
32 | Intruders
33 | Endless Questions
34 | She's Hurting
35 | The Damn Notes
36 | Not A Word
37 | Make Them Squirm
38 | For Now
39 | Day By Day
40 | Walls Crumbling Down
42 | Blood, Sweat, & Stupid
43 | Unbelievable
44 | Night Before Hell
45 | Lights Out
46 | By The Hours
47 | The Ugly Choice

41 | You Tell Me

791 28 14
By True_Hawaiian

"Get out there and stop those idiots from fighting. Because we both know the adults at this school are too afraid to."

I nod as I take a deep breath.

"Wait." I press my hand against the door before she could open it.

"What?" She looks at me confused.

"Thank you." I smirk for the first time in awhile.

She rolls her eyes, "Your Welcome, now go before I throw up on you from this sappy moment."

I smirk again, "You know Nikki, you might not be a bad person."

Her eyes widen then crunching her face.
"Oh how dare you."

I couldn't help but smile as I finally opened the door. Walking out of that closet made me feel refreshed. Which is weird considering I was just with a person who used to make me feel small. But this time, she made me feel strong.

I marched down those halls to where the crowd was. I pushed and squeezed through people to get towards the front.

I'm not surprised Luke and Ezra joined the fight with Rainer and Trey. While Jaden and Andrè argued.

I reached walked across the circle to meet Jaden.

"Zaya." His eyes widen while Andrè goes pale.
I ignore them all together and lift Jaden's shirt. Pulling out his gun, I aimed for the lockers across. Firing once, twice, three times.

People started to scream, scattering away from the crazy girl with a gun. While the boys finally held the fists midway.

Rainer and Trey held each other's shirts standing up. Ezra hovered over Luke holding his fist in the air.

"Zaya." They all say nervously.

I roll my eyes, handing the gun to Jaden.

"They started it!" Andrè points to bloody men before me. Rainer and Trey shoots the snitch with a nasty look.

Luke scoffs, "Fuck off man, why must you be a pain-"

"Why must you exist!" Ezra intervenes.

They killed each other with their eyes one last time. Before they all erupt into one big argument, including Trey and Rainer.

I gave Jaden a painful look before clenching my chest letting my knees give out.

"Zaya!" In seconds, Jaden wraps his arms around me from behind. The boys instantly silenced themselves wearing concerned looks.

"She's having a heart attack." Trey announced.

"Someone call 911." Rainer ordered.

"No need." I say coldly, standing upright.
"I'm fine, you can let go."

The boys wore confused faces for a second before anger was replaced.

"You faked a heart attack!" Andrè exclaims.

"What the fuck, Zaya." Jaden hissed, taking a step to the side. All the idiots angrily stare at me with their arms crossed.

"It's the only way to get your attention!" I defend myself. "Next time when you want to pretend to get along... try not to fight in a public hall in between classes. When I'm on my way to the next class."

They all look around scratching the back of their necks.

"Someone told me, it's better to face it head on then cover it up with a fake smile. So I'm done pretending to not care anymore. I'm facing it head on." I say confidently, shifting my gaze to the four idiots.

"There is psychopathic monsters in the world. Luke and Jaden aren't one of them.  So, Andrè and Ezra, grow the fuck up." I told them and earned snickers from Luke and Jaden.

I glared, "You two aren't far behind. Stop comparing dicks and make up! We found out a family issue together, we all know what we're going through. So we should all support each other!"

"You're right." Luke sighs.

"You three, go over there and work it out! If I see you idiots arguing, I will rip off your ears!" I point down the hall. "Now go!"

I watch Luke, Ezra, and Andrè walk down the hall with their heads hung low. I look between Jaden and Rainer and I shake my head.

I soften my eyes, "You two are best friends. Don't let some girl get in the way of that. Especially if it's me."

"Zaya it's not-" Jaden began.

"I'm not stupid, Jaden. I know you're just trying to protect me but I'm fine. Really, I am." I press my hand to my chest. "Now go with the rest of the idiots."

Jaden nods, placing kiss to my cheek before jogging over.

"Now you two..." I cross my arms, narrowing my eyes. "What the fuck happened?"

Jaden POV

Making my way over I can already tell by their facial expressions they're fighting. As I got closer I could hear them bicker.

"It's your fault." Andrè accuses Luke.

"Your dumbass started it." Luke defends.

"Yeah but you intervened." Ezra points out.

Andrè opens his mouth but speak first.

"Guys, Seriously? Zaya will rip our ears if we don't figure shit out." I remind them and they all huff, crossing their arms. I swear it's like working with kids. "Now who's first?"

All eyes shift to Luke and his eyes widen.

"No way, I'm always the level headed one." Luke takes a step back.

"Don't look at me, I'm the asshole remember?" I say, holding my hands up in defense.

"I'm the hungry idiot with muscles so... I'm out." Andrè crosses his arms looking at Ezra.

"Ezra, you're the normal one in the group. So you can start first." Luke concludes. Earning an eye roll from Ezra.

"Fuck alright..." he looks at the ceiling for an answer. "Well ever since we transferred to high school and your two joined gangs. You've completely iced us out and became dicks. So we hated you guys for it."

"We were going through a lot." Luke tries to defend the both of us.

"And we weren't?" Ezra looks shocked.

"We grew up without moms, our dad's were barely there for us. They always worked most of the time." I explain and Andrè shakes his head.

"Need I remind you that our parents work for the same business. We too, grew up with our dad's gone most of the time." Andrè continued, "Try growing up with a twin sister who receives most of the attention when my parents are present."

"Yeah, I grew up thinking my dad hated me because he never was around." Ezra admits with a shrug. "We all had shit going on, similar shit too. So don't say that we wouldn't understand."

He's right, about everything.

We were dicks when we joined the Vice Kings. It wasn't anything personal, it was just a mentality that stuck with us. I can see why they would give up so easily. There was really no point in dealing with it because no one pushed us to. No one was there to tell us to shape up and make up.

Until Zaya transferred.

"Our parents are the fucking Royals." Ezra whispers. "They lied to us, even when we came clean our parents still managed to judge us."

"Yeah, that shit hurts." Luke admits.

"Zaya's right, we can't keep doing this. There's worse people out in the world. We are the least of our problems." I assured, tucking my hands in my jean pockets.

"As of right now, we make a pact." Andrè proposed.

"Yeah, to always have each other's back. No matter what the issue..." Ezra says.

"To never leave things unresolved." Luke adds.

"Let the past be in the past." I add in.

We all exchange looks for a good minute. Knowing that this moment on, we are no longer enemies.

Andrè smiles widely, "Are we gonna hug it out?"

The three of us cringe, "No."

Zaya POV

"Nothing?" I cross my arms, shifting my head to Trey. "Anything, anyone?"

Rainer shifts his weight groaning in pain. Trey held his side wincing at his touch.

"It's fine." Rainer groans in pain.

My eyebrows rose, "Really?"

I shrug, with just enough force I push Trey and Rainer. Once they hit the lockers they hissed, swearing under their breath.

"Pathetic." I cross my arms.

"Zaya-"

"No Trey, this is a school not an underground fighting joint! In school act like regular students, stick to glaring. Outside of school, knock yourselves out. Just not now, not here. For whatever reason you two are fighting it's not worth it." I rant to them feeling frustrated.

"It's worth more than you think." Rainer says whiles looking into my eyes. I hate that my heart skipped a beat.

"I'm done." Was all I could manage to say before walking to the exit. When I finally make it just outside my wrist was grabbed. In one swift move I was being pulled back pushed against a wall looking into determined eyes.

"Don't walk away from me." Rainer demands with a slight edge to his voice.

"I'll do whatever I want." I place my hand to his chest to create space. But that only made his eyes darken. Pressing his body against mine, I let out a slight gasp.

He smirks, "Not so brave now."

I'm so afraid he'll hear my heart beat racing. My pulse against his body.

"Are you in any position to taunt me right now?" I question, narrowing my eyes with challenging look.

"Kinda." He answers simply. Before leaning forward brushing his lips against my ear.

"What are you going to do?" He whispers.

"This." I raise my knee up between his legs. Immediately dropping to his knees I smirk with satisfaction. I pat his head walking around him as he groans in pain.

"Fuck Zaya." He mutters.

I smile, "Get up, I didn't knee you that hard."

He shoots me a glare and I smile.

"Lets go." I instruct.

"Fuck that." He struggles to his feet.

"It wasn't a question, let's go." I began to walk down the sidewalk without looking back. "You coming or not?"

"Not."

———

The stubborn boy eventually gave into following me to my dorm room. Half way done with cleaning his cuts and no words have been shared. Just intense stares every now and then as he sits on my bathroom counter. Many doubts and questions flood through my mind.

"What changed your mind?" Rainer breaks the silence with a broad question. "What made you care again?"

"Nikki." I simply answer.

"What?" He sits up quickly. "Ow shit." He clenches his stomach.

I try my best not smile as I apply more alcohol to the cotton swab.

"H-how did- I thought- but don't you hate each other? She inspired you, how?" He winces in pain once again. I gave him an annoyed look, shifting my weight to once side.

"Can I speak now?" I sass and he slouches in sign of defeat. "When I saw you guys fighting, she pulled me aside to breathe."

I gently cleaned out the cut on his cheek.

"You didn't kill each other?" His eyebrows rose with uncertainty on his face. I can see why it would be so hard to believe. I still can't wrap my head around it either.

"She helped me see what's more important in life. Told me that I can't hide behind my careless attitude anymore." I explain as I apply medicine to his wounds.

"What else did she tell you?" He searched for my eyes.

"You're becoming leader soon."

He lets out a sigh of frustration, running his bruised hands through his hair. For a moment his eyes darken as his muscles tense.

"I'm here for you." I reassured. "I promise to be by your side every step of the way."

He places two hands beside himself hopping off the counter. I take a step back from the sudden gesture.

He smirks, "Did she tell you anything else?"
Taking a dangerous step towards me. I back in to a wall, hoping my poker face is enough to fool him.

"What are you talking about?" I answer with a question.

"Did Nikki tell you anything else?" He restates with more edge to his tone. Placing two of his hands beside my head.

Nikki and you broke up.

"I don't know, Rainer. You tell me." I challenge him by narrowing my eyes. "Is there something else that I should know about?"

You two broke up.

Nikki and you are done.

He stares into my eyes what felt like forever. Before scanning my body as he pulls his lower lip between his teeth.

"Did she?" He finally speaks.

"You tell me," I cross my arms. "Is there something I should know?"

He looks directly into my eyes, "No."

"Okay." I place my hand on his chest, creating space.

"Okay." He responds.

I force a smile, "We're done here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:

What did you think?

The guys finally made up! Do you think it'll stay that way?

Why do you think Rainer confess about the break up?

Follow up question, what happened to Colten?

Xoxo
True_Hawaiian

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 558 29
"Mich... Michael! No, this is not right. Go away." Rose shook her head while stepping back. Ignoring her words, Michael walked forward till he caged...
314K 5.6K 43
She was an ordinary girl in high school. On her last day at school, Alison tells her crush that she likes him. Soon after she moves to Canada and ret...
1.3M 19.7K 77
I wish I could just go to a corner and hide. pretend I don't exist. This club/ party type thing, whatever you call this place where I'm at, I could...
22.6K 1.4K 46
WORKS #01 |Please note; these are works of fiction meaning all characters and events appearing in this story are made up. Any resemblance to real per...