A flower in the snow // Jon S...

By saggibaby

"The flower that blooms in snow is the most rare and beautiful of all." I do not own any of the places or cha... More

Winterfell
Godswood
Violets
Red dress
Forbidden
Not an update ://
A girl
Thankyou
From this day

A little more at home

1.4K 31 2
By saggibaby

My eyes were fixated on the flags hanging upon the walls of the great hall. The grey direwolf sitting proudly on the white background, sitting there as if it was mocking me, taunting me even. Reminding me of a family I didn't belong in, but at the same time, a family I so desperately ached to be apart of.

My eyes left the taunting walls as I glanced across the room to Robb, his eyes lifted and settled on mine. His blue eyes softened and he sent me a warming smile. A smile I had become so familiar with, but not the smile I had come to love. You will learn to love me Violet. His words never leaving the back of my mind, replaying over and over, tormenting me. You have to build it slowly, stone by stone over the years. Only then, will you learn to love another. I had never thought that love could be taught, or earned. Yet, a handsome young man was placed before me, promising me I could learn to love him. It felt wrong. Especially when my heart so tragically belonged to one of another.

I quickly averted my gaze to the white wolf sat beside me, his head nuzzling into my lap. I had never really bonded with an animal before, but with Ghost it was different. Was our bond so strong because we both shared a love for Jon? Or was I just clinging onto something that I knew wouldn't leave me. I placed my hand on his head and ruffled his fur, earning a warm lick from the ever growing wolf.

"He seems to like you," A voice came from beside me snapping me out of my daze. Robb. "Which is surprising, he doesn't like a lot of people."  

"I think by now i've gained his trust." I replied, trying my best to force a smile.

"A hard thing to come by," his voice was soft, but his expression was stern. There was something about his face. He was undoubtedly handsome, that I had noticed before, but this look...I hadn't seen. It was a mix of suspicion and doubt. It caused an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach, and a sharp pain in my chest.

"Certainly is my Lord," I pushed the uneasy feelings aside and stood up so I was in front of the man I would soon be calling my husband. "It does seem that I haven't been quite so fair to Greywind, which I apologise for."

"Your apology isn't necessary Violet. He's a one man wolf, dependable and faithful," The last word seeming to linger. Faithful.  Something that I have proven not to be on countless occasions since I first arrived. Something that Robb deserved. A wife that was faithful and dependable.

"I would like to spend more time with him," I glanced to the side of Robb. Greywind standing beside him, head up and ears forward. Ever so close to his master's side. "And you, of course."

Robb let out a low chuckle, "I would like that. You are soon to be my Lady and I feel as though I know nothing about you."

I let out a small out a small laugh, "Though we have all the time in the world, it doesn't seem to be in our favour."

"Would you care to join me for a walk through the grounds?" He asked, a hopeful gleam in his eye. "I have no political arrangements til the morning."

"I would be honoured." As soon as the words left my mouth he graciously extended his arm out for me to take a hold of. I slipped my arm through his and gently placed my hand on his arm. We strolled out of the hall. Instantly feeling the cold wind on my face, I wrapped my pelt around my body, the warm fur hugging me.

"Ghost, go find Jon." The white wolf halted and let out a whine. I knew he liked being beside me while Jon was occupied, but I had to spend this time with Robb, without the lingering reminder of Jon's presence, just for a while. Ghost ran off in the opposite direction while Robb and I continued to walk through the grounds. The snow crunching under my boots, leaving perfect footprints trailing behind me. We had been walking for what seemed like hours, but I knew it wasn't. The uncomfortable silence lingering in the air, I could sense that Robb had something he wanted to say, but chose against it.

"How are you finding it here?" he asked with a cocked brow. "Winterfell that is."

"It's different here, not like Highgarden. I miss my family terribly but knowing I have a  purpose to serve, even in the slightest, helps," I sighed, resting my hand on Robbs.

"It must be hard," I heard him sigh from beside me. "What's it like at Highgarden? I must confess i've never been."

"Beautiful is the first word that comes to mind. I wish you could see the gardens, it's where I spent most of my days when my family are travelling."

"When you're my wife we can visit as often as you like." His words were supposed to bring me comfort, yet only brought me grief. Grief for a place I could no longer call my home.

"Did I upset you Violet?"

"No, of course not," I poorly reassured him. "It just saddens me that Highgarden will no longer be my home. As much as I adore Winterfell it will never truly be my home. I hope you can understand."

"I understand."

We stopped and he turned me to face him, placing a hand on my cheek.

"Violet, you are the future of your house, and mine. I know being here causes you pain, but we need you. We need to unite our houses, not only for our families, but for our people. The Stark name will accept you with honour." He stroked his thumb lighty over my cheek as I rested my head in his hand.

"Robb," an all too familiar voice came from behind me. "Lady Violet." I removed myself from Robb's hands only to be greeted by the sunken eyes of Jon Snow.

"What do you need Jon?" Robb asked, his arm linking around mine.

"I came to discuss family matters, but I didn't realise you were with Violet." His eyes glancing down at our intertwined arms.

"I should be heading back to my chambers now, i'll leave the both of you to talk." I turned to Robb and placed a kiss to his cheek, avoiding the burning gaze that came from Jon. I tried to give him a small smile as I walked past him but his head turned to Robb instead. As I walked back to my chambers I couldn't help but think about what Robb said, we need to unite our houses, not only for our families, but for our people. The Stark name will accept you with honour. The future of my house and my people rested upon my shoulders and there was nothing I could do about it.

I opened the door to my room to be greeted by Ghost, sitting patiently by my bed. His ears perking up at the sound of my footsteps entering the room. I went and sat on the bed and place my hand on his head, running my hand through his soft fur, still white from the bath I had given him. "What am I gonna do Ghost?" I asked the wolf, almost half expecting him to answer me, instead licking my cheek in response.

The door to my room creaked open as my head snapped to see who followed behind the noise. Jon stood beside the door, not moving. "I'm here for Ghost." He bluntly stated.

"Just Ghost?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Just Ghost," confirming what I already knew. He whistled for Ghost to come to his side, but the wolf didn't move, sitting closer to me. "Come on boy." he called once more.

"Jon, might we have a word?" I asked, stepping closer to him, Ghost along with me. "What you saw didn't mean anything." I wasn't sure if I was lying or not. My heart belonged to Jon, although my duty was to my house, and Robb. 

"It's hard to believe that, when then two of you looked so cozy in each other's arms." He spoke harshly, crossing his arms over his chest, meeting his gaze to mine.

"My duty belongs to my house Jon, you must understand the situation is hard." I let out a troubled sigh, running my fingers through my hair.

"Choosing what you want isn't hard Violet."

"No, but choosing between my house and my heart is, Jon. The future of my house, of our house's depend on my choices, something that I can't just throw away." It's true my heart did belong to Jon, but before him, it always belonged to my family.

"You'll marry Robb then?" He asked with uncertainty. His eyes were dark and unforgiving, and side to Jon I had not seen before, a side I wish I hadn't seen.

"It is what is expected of me," I looked down at Ghost, running my fingers through his thick fur. "I think it's best you leave." My eyes returning to Jon's harsh stare.

"I think you're right." He clicked his fingers beside him, signalling Ghost to follow along behind him. The wolf lingered by my side for a second, before returning to his master. Jon's eyes left mine as he quickly left the room, not a word spoken between us.

I sat down on my bed, head falling into my hands as I let out a deep sigh. I had never felt like this before, my head telling me one thing and my heart telling me another, ripping me in half. "Violet?" I heard from behind my door, along with a soft knock.

"Yes, come in." I called out, rising from my bed and smoothing out my ruffled hair. I watched the door open as Robb's smiling face appeared from behind it.

"Sorry to bother you, but I brought you these." He pulled out a vase of roses from behind his back, the prettiest roses I had seen in a long time. "I know it's hard living here, away from home, but I was hoping these would make you feel a little more at home." He shyly smiled at me. This was the first time in my stay at winterfell that I had seen Robb nervous, and for a reason I wasn't so sure of.

"Robb, they are beautiful, thank you so much," I smiled, taking the vase from him and placing them down on the table beside my bed. "I love them." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his slightly pink cheeks.

His hands cupped the sides of my face, as he traced small circles on my cheeks. His eyes flickering from my lips to my eyes. "I must confess Violet, you're making it very easy to fall in love with you." I felt the heat rise to my cheeks and my stomach started to turn. He leaned his head down and slowly connected our lips. The heat in my cheeks began to grow hotter as the butterflies in my stomach grew stronger. Our lips intertwining with one another, performing a dance, with two perfect partners.

He slowly pulled away and rested his forehead on mine, slowly forming a small smile. "And you Robb, aren't making it very hard."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.2K 4.3K 55
Haezel Hightower fell in love with most unlikely man. Can she save him from his fate? Or will the wildflowers start growing over their decaying bones...
24.2K 1.1K 40
Rina Stark felt a darkness inside her. She couldnt stop it. Couldnt hone it in time save her family. Could she figure it out in time to save Westeros...
44.4K 1.2K 9
and so the young wolf fell in love with the wild rose. THE FLOWERS OF WINTERFELL BOOK ONE OF THREE ...
301K 6.5K 44
»»----- Game of Thrones' Robb Stark x OC Baratheon Princess -----«« γ€πˆγ€‘With a happy ending because I'm a sucker for happy endings and unlike George...