she's a dark pastel ; michael...

By becausebeyonce

❝There are the pastels and there are the darks, but she didn't fit into either. And that's what he liked abou... More

She's A Dark Pastel (Michael Clifford/5SOS Fan Fiction)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
FUCK
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
ASHTON BOOK

Chapter 16

1.1K 31 20
By becausebeyonce

NO ONE KNEW THE SONG. OH. MY GOD. No one knew that is was "West Coast" by The Neighbourhood. Great band, more like amazing. You should listen to them.

____________________________________________

SKYLAR'S P.O.V.

"Y-You want to run away? Now? To where?" I asked the crying woman.

"I don't know, Skylar. I just don't want to live with this man anymore. Please, I know you want to go as much as I do." She pleaded.

"You want to leave the town?" I asked in fear of her response.

"Well we don't have to. I've realized you're beginning to make friends which is really good. I'm happy for you. We could go to some cheap motel. Anything is better than here." She said. I thought about my options. I sure as hell didn't want to stay here, but I didn't want to waste any money on motels. Plus, Martha is pregnant, she can't be sleeping on some stone hard mattress in a sleezy motel. Maybe I could call Michael? No that's too much to ask of them. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

"I think I know someone who we can stay with, Martha. Let me just make a call really quickly." I told her before stepping outside and calling Michael.

"Skylar, is something wrong?" He's probably wondering why I'm calling when we talked like five minutes ago.

"Where are you?" I dodged his question.

"Me and the guys stopped at the gas station near your house to buy some donuts- shut up, Luke I'm trying to talk to Skylar! Why is something wrong?"

"No, its just... Okay this is really weird for me to say and too much to ask of you so if you say no it's okay and it will not affect our relationship whatsoever..... Can me and Martha stay at your place for a while?" I bit my lip as I heard silence from his side. Oh gosh I knew it was too much, I should have never asked. Oh God I'm a terrible person.

"Why?" He asked.

"It's too much to explain over the phone but, long story short, Martha and I are tired of my stepfather and want to leave him." I sighed.

"Well it's fine with me but let me just talk to the boys and I'll call you back, okay?" He said.

"Wait, Michael. I just want you to know that we can go to a motel. Its fine with us if the boys don't want us there." I told him.

"Okay, bye." He said.

"Bye."

I chewed on the inside of my cheek as I waited for him to call me back. The horror of how desperate and needy I sounded was eating me alive. I didn't want him to think I was weak. I hate it when people tell me or believe that I am weak because I'm not.

MICHAEL'S P.O.V.

"What did Skylar want?" Luke asked.

"Yeah didn't you just talk to her, like, five minutes ago?" Ashton chuckled as we put on our seatbelts. Ashton was driving as I sat shotgun with Luke and Calum in the back. I stopped Ashton from starting the car.

"Okay, it's serious talk time, boys."

"What is it?" Calum asked.

"Skykar asked if her and her stepmother could live with us for a while." I said.

"What why?" Ashton asked, clearly shocked at my words.

"Alright, I'm gonna tell you something really personal about Sky... She lives with her step parents, which you know, but her stepfather is very cruel. He verbally abuses her all the time and she even told me he hit her stepmother once. And she's pregnant. Can you imagine what kind of monster hits a woman, let alone one that's pregnant!" I explained. They seemed lost in their thoughts for a second, making sure they made the right decision.

"Michael, but what if you and Skylar break up during this time? Are you sure your reltionhip is strong enough to live with each other?" Ashton asked. Crap, I hadn't thought about that. My feelings for Skylar were definitely strong. They've been going strong for three whole months. It may not be much but its enough for me.

"Yes." I said.

"But they have to pay rent. We barely make any cash to sustain ourselves with the nighttime jobs and the gigs and our parents even have to help us out sometimes." Calum said.

"Well how much?" I asked. It would definitely be awkward taking my girlfriend's money.

"Not much, after all, Skylar is our friend." Luke said.

"Maybe just $200 a month?" Ashton said. He was the oldest. He would now.

"Okay." I said as I called Skylar back.

SKYLAR'S P.O.V.

I jumped as I heard my phone finally ring. It had been only a few minutes but it felt like an eternity. I answered the phone with and anxious hello.

"Pack your bags, Sky. As long as you're willing to pay rent, the boys will be happy to live with you and your stepmother." His voice invaded my ears. I sighed in relief. Rent was a totally logical thing to ask and I was fine with it.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you so much, Michael. Tell the guys I love them so much right now. And you too, of course." I heard him chuckle from the other side of the line.

"We'll pick you up in a bit, okay?" He asked.

"That's great Michael, thanks so much again." I said into the phone before hanging up. I ran inside to tell Martha. She had been packing her bags because we were leaving whether they would let us stay at their place or not. I told her they had said yes and ran to pack up my things. I took out my suitcases and filled them with my clothes. I grabbed a few other things like my perfumes and a few books and my school backpack and took it all into the living room. I made sure I had everything that I needed as I heard Michael's truck pull up to our driveway. There was a knock and I opened the door to a smiling Michael.

"Hey, roomie." He smiled at me.

"I'll go get Martha and we'll be ready to go." I grinned back before dashing into her room. She was looking out her window.

"Skykar... That truck is filled with teenage boys..."

"Oh... I forgot to tell you... The friends I mentioned are all teenage boys." I told her.

"I don't know if I'm comfortable with this, Skylar..." She said warily.

"It'll be fine, Martha, I swear. They're nice boys." I reassured her.

"So all of your new friends are boys?" She asked.

"Yeah pretty much."

"Are you not, like, into any of them? Oh God, Skykar... Are you a lesbian?" She whispered the last part as if it were some terrible thing.

"No, I'm straight. One of them is actually my boyfriend." I said, flustered slightly.

"Ooh, is it the cute one at the steering wheel. He has nice arms." She said as she peered out the window discreetly. He almost was actually.

"No, he's in the living room." I said.

"Aww, that's too bad." She chuckled. We began taking her suitcases out to the living room where she met Michael. I'm sure she was a bit startled with his appearance. Freshly dyed "reverse skunk" (as he called it) hair and earings along with black skinny jeans. He smiled politely and stuck out his hand, "Hello, I'm Michael."

Martha took his hand, "I'm Martha, nice to meet you."

"Can I help you with that?" He asked gently, knowing most people found his appearance unsettling. It's not that he was unattractive, because he's not, it's just that not many people have a black streak through their hair and earnings. Martha simply nodded and Michael began to take our things out to his truck.

"He's handsome, but I don't like his hair very much." She commented. I simply laughed and nodded as if to say okay.

After all of our stuff was packed we all squeezed into the truck. Since there was no space, I ended up sitting on Luke's lap. The car ride was quiet, the only sound was Calum and Martha engaging in friendly conversation. They seemed to be getting along quite nicely, which is good. I just hope it all works out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the house and stood awkwardly in the entrance. Soon I was helping Michael unpack our stuff as Martha was shown to our room. They only had one spare room so I'd have to sleep on the floor. Martha was so worn out from everything so she fell asleep as soon as we were settled in.

This was all so much to take in. It seemed almost too easy. After years of torture from Marcus our  solution was to simply leave? I was afraid. I was scared shitless at the thought that Marcus would come looking for us. Or maybe he'd just be too damn lazy. Yeah, that seems more like Marcus. He'll realize we're gone and just shrug it off like he does to everything. Or maybe, just maybe, this will be the thing that actually makes the stone man feel. Maybe this act of rebellion me and Martha have committed will tip him over and send him on a rampage. He has always just wanted my money.

I am shaken from my thoughts when I hear a soft knock on our door. I go to open it to see Michael standing there, a small smile on his face. I smiled back and stepped out of the door. I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off with a kiss. It was a long and simple kiss and it meant the world to me. I could really feel that he cared about me in this one. He pulled apart from me and placed a kiss on my forehead. I could feel the heat in my cheeks and the woozy feeling in my stomach. My head felt in the clouds as goofy smiles were plastered on me and Michael's faces.

"You're so cute when you get all blushy after we kiss." He said, obviously enjoying the effect he had on me. I simply giggled, the kiss still lingering in my mind.

"Would you fancy going to my room and watching a movie while cuddling your oh-so-wonderful boyfriend." He smirked. He clearly enjoyed the sound of that.

"Of course." I nodded before feeling his hand intertwine with mine. He pulled me along to his room where we cuddled all night and fell asleep in each other's arms.

____________________________________________

A/N: Yoooo... watching Rise of the Guardians and having major Jack Frost feels right now. So no one guessed the song. Sucks :/

Here's a new one!!!

"It's just another night

And I'm staring at the moon.

Saw a shooting star and I thought of you."

So whoever gets it will get shout out. That's not completely lame, right?

Anyway...

VOTE PLEASE

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!

Totally grateful for all of the reads though guys. You're all extremely sexy

;)

~J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 117 19
1K 0 99
A continuation of Falling In Love In The 21st Century but it's four years later and Katerina and Michael have made some choices.