Serenity In Her Arms (Jenlisa...

By DanteKnight7

Jennie Kim is a 22 year old waitress who has no idea in which her life is going. A newly made friend of hers... More

A Fresh Start
Seoul, The Capital of South Korea
Life of A Waitress
Underworld
Momo Oni
Her
Two Souls
The Way She Felt
Always
Rain
For Us
My Girl
I Love You
Double Date
Go For It
Fake Innocence
The Birth Of A Demon
Eternity
Seven Million
Please
Clash Of Goddesses
Finished
I Can Do That
Arms
Author's Note

Lee Enterprises

2.1K 91 1
By DanteKnight7

The same night Yuqi met Soyeon.

Jisoo tapped Lisa on the shoulder. "CL is over there. Wanna go talk to her? See if we can set up an interview?"

Lisa nodded. "Sounds good." Jisoo pecked Rosè and told her where she was going to be. Lisa went to Jennie.

"I'm going with Jisoo to meet CL. I'm gonna try to set up an interview at least, hopefully she'll just hire me tonight and I can start Monday."

"If everything was so easy." Jennie laughed and kissed Lisa. "Hurry back. I'll be here." And Jisoo and Lisa disappeared into the crowd.

They finally made it to her. CL was leaning against her expensive looking car with two women on either side of her wearing suits. One was small, but the other was a larger woman with her hair tied bang in a long ponytail. Both looked like models, and both looked like they could hit or get it.

"CL." Jisoo said as opened her arms to accept a hug.

"Jisoo." They hug professionally and let go. "So who's your friend?" CL asked smiling at Lisa.

"This is Lisa. She's a friend of mine and I wanted to help her out. Maybe you could hire her or at least give her a chance with an interview."

Lisa looked at the woman. She was beautiful with blonde hair tied in a ponytail that reached her lower back.

"Hmm." CL goes to Lisa and holds her hand out. "Nice to meet you Lisa. Who's your sponsor?"

"It's good to meet you CL." They shake hands and let go. " And I don't have a sponsor."

"You don't have a sponsor? How do you enter without money? If you lose and don't pay up, people can get upset. Like end up in a ditch somewhere upset."

Lisa shrugged. "I have money. I'm just confident I won't lose, so why bring it with me?" CL smiled. Lisa saw a tooth that was gold and studded with diamonds. Lisa assumed it had to be real, so that means this woman had real money.

"Risk taker. I like that quality in people. So, you want to work at one of the most successful and well paying businesses in the world, founded by yours truly? You should understand it's no easy feat."

"Any way I can convince you? I win money here, but it's not a steady paycheck. I want a real job." Lisa said.

CL nodded. "Let me be your sponsor; fight tonight and win me five hundred thousand. Show me your talents one more time. Lose, and we'll have nothing further to discuss. Win and you'll be on your way to having paychecks that people only dream of."

CL knew Lisa was one of the more elite fighters. Right up there with Jisoo and Momo Oni's level. She knew she was probably going to win, but she wanted to make it interesting.

"I wasn't planning on fighting tonight." Lisa said disappointed.

"Then we don't have anything else to say to one another. I already have a personal assistant, and a personal bodyguard. She's standing next to you." CL nodded to Jisoo.

Lisa wasn't fond of CL during these first interactions between them. But if she were to get hired, she could have money to get Jennie whatever she wanted. She'd be able to do anything for her, to take her anywhere Jennie wanted to go.

"Wait. Deal then." Lisa held out her hand. She realized for Jennie, she'd do anything. Even if that means befriending a person she didn't much like. CL smiled and shook her hand. "Say the word and I'll pocket you that five hundred thousand."

"I can't wait." CL said, turning back to the fighting. The night continued. Lisa and Jisoo stayed with CL. Making conversation about the fighting.

During one fight, Dante walked up to CL and gave her a hug. "Doing well tonight CL?" Dante said friendly.

"Of course. You Dante?"

"I am, it's another beautiful and busy night. How about you Jisoo? Doing well? Ready for your fight, it's coming up next."

"Hey Dante. And actually CL is sponsoring someone else tonight. My friend." Jisoo put her arm around Lisa.

Dante did a double take. Every time he saw L, she never spoke with anyone and immediately left. It was strange to see her with people he knew. He walked up to Lisa.

"Very well. It's good to see you L. You usually leave after the fight, didn't know you would be sponsored by a close friend of mine. I can't wait to see you compete, I don't think any of us can." Dante smiled as he shook her hand.

"Thank you."

"Is there anything else you'd like me to say when I present you? Or keep it the same?" Dante asked.

"The mysterious L is fine." Lisa smiled. He nodded and left to his usual spot during fights. The fight that was going on was almost over.

One female was on top and beat the other girls face until it was pooled with her own blood. Finally she decided to stop, realizing the girl was probably unconscious.

Dante stepped in. "Let's hear it for Chansook!" The crowd cheered as he handed her the black briefcase she earned.

"Let's start this next fight off. Growing up in America and training mixed martial arts with talented fighters, and now she's come back to her real home. Min Ji!"

A mean averaged sized girl stepped out. She was blonde, and didn't flash practiced punches or kicks. She kept her composure as she stretched her arms and legs. The crowd cheered and silenced again.

"And her opponent is one we've seen before. We don't know where she comes from, who she is but we all know her extreme measure of skill. The mysterious L!"

The crowd went insane for her, louder than they did for Min Ji. That seemed to rise her anger.

"Good luck. L." CL said to Lisa. Lisa looked at her and walked into the circle without saying a word. She walked up to the blonde girl. They were about the same height, Min Ji had a sturdier build though.

"Fight!" Dante stepped back. Min Ji jumped forward and flung her right knee towards Lisa's stomach. Lisa managed to block it with both of her palms; after the first attack Min Ji came down with a heavy right that almost caught Lisa.

The objective of these fights was to win, naturally anyone would try hard to win but even Lisa knew this girl was being more aggressive than she should've been. Like if Lisa did something to her.

Min Ji did her best to land a hit on Lisa. For Lisa's skills, even she found it harder than usual to keep up with her attacks.

The fight lasted around four minutes, Lisa had made a few direct hits but it did little to slow the girl down. Min Ji became angrier as she wasn't able to land one on Lisa.

Lisa had to put this Min Ji down. She waited until she was able to catch both her arms. Min Ji swung a left and a right, both in which Lisa countered and held both her wrists firmly.

Min Ji tried to kick Lisa, but it was blocked by Lisa's shin and she stomped down onto Min Ji's foot, making her cry out.

She pulled her in close and smashed her head into Min Ji's nose. With a loud crack, blood began to pool out as she fell to the ground knocked out cold.

Blood trickled down Lisa's forhead, and she felt a headache forming, but she won and that's what counted. The crowd went crazy for her as Dante stepped in with her briefcase.

"To no suprise, L wins again!" The crowd went crazy for her. Dante nodded, and Lisa took the briefcase to CL. The next fight immediately started as Dante began to introduce the next fighters.

"Here's your money. Now what?" Lisa said dropping the briefcase next to CL, annoyed that she had to fight and even more that her headache began to hurt.

"It was no surprise that you won." CL stood in front of Lisa. "And didn't get touched once." CL said impressed. "You held up you're end. Keep the money, you earned it." She pulled a black business card from her purse and hands it to Lisa.

It had "L.E." on the front, done in beautiful lettering. Lisa flipped it over and on the back was the address of the building. CL continued.

"Come here on Sunday, ten am sharp. We'll talk." CL winked. Lisa nodded, picked up the briefcase and began to walk away with Jisoo until Jennie met her first.

"I thought you weren't fighting tonight? Why'd you go out there?" Jennie asked, looking at the small cut on Lisa's head; the blood left a trail down her face.

"I wasn't. But I did get an interview." Lisa semi laughed, wincing at her pain. She handed the card to Jennie. "It's CL's building, wants me to see her Sunday. Hopefully I can start Monday."

"So she made you go out there, just to get an interview? Not even hired?" Jennie sounded upset as she took her light sweater off and began to wipe Lisa's face, careful not to smear the blood.

"It's fine. I won and that's all that matters...ow." Lisa pulled away as Jennie reached her cut and dabbed it with the cloth. Jennie laughed; Lisa grabbed her wrist and pulled the cloth away.

"It's a small cut Jennie I'm fine." Lisa laughed, she pecked Jennie and held her round face. "Can we finish the night?" She let go and held her by the waist. Lisa turned to Jisoo.

"Thank you for the help with CL."

"You're welcome, but I'm sorry, I didn't know she was going to do that. In all honesty, when I was younger she was a bit rough around the edges when we first met. She's nicer than she seems though."

Lisa laughed. "I guess I'll find out Sunday. Come on, let's just enjoy the rest of the night."

The girls met up with each other again. They finished out the night, with Momo Oni being their last set of entertainment. Everyone went home and told each other goodbye as they were dropped off.

Jennie and Lisa went home and cuddled, falling asleep almost immediately as it was late. They spent Saturday to themselves. They went out and ate, shopped and conversated.

The more they spent time together, the more they realized how much they really loved one another. Sunday came, and Lisa woke up earlier than Jennie to get ready.

Jennie never woke, so Lisa decided to leave her be and lock up. She drove to the address. It was a seventeen minute drive through the city. Nothing too far, nothing too close.

When she reached the building, she examined its beauty. A mirrored black building, taller than most of the surrounding buildings. With giant mirrored letters on the front. "Lee Enterprises."

She parked and walked into the empty building. No one except a receptionist at the front, a younger girl.

"I'm here to see CL. Ten o clock." Lisa said friendly" approaching the desk. Her voice echoed throughout the empty white place.

"And what's your name?" The girl asked typing in something.

"Lalisa Manoban." The girl continued to type.

"Okay miss Manoban. Take the elevator to the very top floor. CL will be waiting for you in her office."

"Thank you." Lisa smiled and left. It was quiet as she heard the elevator making it's way up. She told herself to act as civil as possible.

Thanks to Jennie and her friends, now Lisa's friends, she's gotten used to communicating with people. But CL, she didn't like much. It could've been the headache she had, so she ignored those thoughts and wanted to try again.

CL was offering to hire her into this place anyway, letting her emotions ruin an opportunity like this wouldn't be smart.

She reached the top floor, and exited the elevator. Another empty place with one beautiful receptionist next to a pair of closed doors.

"Miss Manoban, CL is waiting for you in her office. It's nine fifty eight, you can go in." The woman said nodding and going back to her computer. Lisa nodded and entered.

CL's office was spacious and neatly organized. This giant room was grey marble with a large oval table in the middle surrounded by chairs. Her desk was black wood, and large enough to hold a computer screen the size of a small tv.

It was overall power and money. CL noticed Lisa walk in. "Good morning, nine fifty nine. Ten am sharp. Not bad for first impression, please have a seat Lisa." CL moved the screen to the side, getting a clear view of Lisa as she sat down.

"So, any particular position you're interested in at my company?" CL asked interlocking her fingers. Lisa had no idea what positions were available or what each postion did.

"Anything that's open, I'd be fine with." Lisa countered. CL nodded.

"You remind me of Jisoo."

"Um, excuse me?" Lisa asked confused as it seemed that comment slipped out from CL.

"Exactly what I said. You remind me of Jisoo. I can tell you probably don't like me much, and that's fine. I can tell you have a tough exterior but a soft interior. When I first met Jisoo, she was a troubled young woman. Almost cost me this company. But now, she's the most loyal person I've ever met. I feel like you have that quality."

CL stood up from her desk and moved to the front, sitting and looking down at Lisa. Lisa didn't know what to say.

"Thank you." Was all she could think of.

"You're welcome. Now let's cut the bullshit. I'm supposed to ask you all these questions of why you wanna join this company blah blah, but let's be honest, it's the money. I know what you're capable of, and if Jisoo trusts you then so do I. This is my domain so I decide what goes. You start Monday as my personal assistant, and personal bodyguard."

Lisa was shocked. She had barely spoken a word and she's giving her all of this. "But what about Jisoo? You told me you already have a personal assistant and bodyguard."

"I do. Was it illegal to have two? Like I said, I decide what happens here. If I want two assistants then no one can tell me otherwise. You and Jisoo will handle the day to day for me, meetings, schedules and such. When I leave for something, you and Jisoo will both be head of my security. I know what you can do, so I trust with what I'm paying you, you'll put those skills to use. If need be."

Lisa was completely fine with that. And with Jisoo next to her to show her around, she felt comfortable.

"Thank you. That sounds easy enough, and I'll definitely be ready to start tomorrow. Thank you for the opportunity." Lisa said happily as it went easier than she thought it would.

"You're welcome. I doubt I'll regret hiring you. You'll be a great addition to this company." She held her hand out and shook Lisa's hand as she spoke the words.

"Welcome to Lee Enterprises."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.8K 2.6K 13
THE VAMPIRE'S MATE一JENLISA ┃ GP! "I, Lalisa Manoban, daughter of the current Vampire Lord and the next Lord for the throne forbid anything any single...
1.9M 68K 64
The stunningly beautiful bride, Jennie Kim whom everyone desires is in an arranged marriage with a young billionaire, her childhood sweetheart. She i...
1M 31.6K 38
Lisa is used to get bullied during her junior high school time and once is saved by her senior. Lisa decides to go to the same high school just to me...
3.7K 537 11
JENLISA JENTOP STORY - The 26-year-old Lalisa is not just a hearty baker with many delicious recipes. She is also a hopeless romantic who is always l...