Lily Luna Potter - Back to th...

By megan4813

Lily Luna Potter is the daughter of Harry Potter, better known to the Wizarding World today as the Chosen One... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21

Chapter 20

2.4K 112 32
By megan4813

Chapter 20

     I woke abruptly to the sound of a loud shout coming from the end of my bed, bright lights on the ceiling flicking on at the same moment.

     “MERRY CHRISTMAS, LILY!” yelled four voices.

     Sitting up suddenly to their laughs, I groaned and flopped back onto my pillow. Checking the clock I moaned again and pulled my blankets over my head, holding them tightly as I felt someone tug at them. Seven in the morning was far too early to be getting up on a holiday in my book. My own family had dispensed with the tradition of opening presents at the crack of dawn a year or two after I had started Hogwarts, when we all agreed that sleeping in could really be considered another present.

     After a few more harsh tugs my comforter flew off and I sighed deeply.

     “All right, all right, I’m up!” I said, pulling myself into a sitting position.

     “Excellent!” Sirius exclaimed, dropping my blankets and high-fiving James. “Success!”

     “On to our next victim!” James shouted, also with a huge smile on his face as the two of them ran past Remus and Peter, both of whom were standing just inside the door.

     Once they were gone, no doubt running to Lily’s room down the hall, I sighed again and rubbed the sleep from my eyes before stretching and getting my bathrobe and slippers. I finished up in the bathroom just as Lily walked in, hair messy and a disgruntled look on her face.

     “You too?” I asked.

     She just huffed, and I left her alone, heading down to the living room.

     When we had all gathered around the tree, the boys (well, really just James and Sirius) looking like they were preparing to dive headfirst into the lake of rainbow wrapping paper and bows, Mr. Potter explained that everyone could start with one present at a time, resulting in a groan from the boys and a strong pair of puppy-dog eyes that it seemed Mrs. Potter had trained herself to be immune to ages ago, as she hardly batted an eyelash.

     It didn’t take long to finish opening presents, not that I was expecting it would. “Thank you”s were shouted across the room as various presents were unwrapped – James laughed in delight when he found the hat Lily and I had bought for him and immediately shoved it on his head, trying it out with delight. Sirius took one look at the color-changing socks and an almost evil grin spread across his face – I hoped he hadn’t come up with anything too bad to use them for – they were socks for goodness’ sake!

     The floor ended littered with scraps and shreds of paper and each of us had a small pile of gifts in our laps, mine comprising of sweets from most of the boys and a few small trinkets from the girls in my dormitory. Lily had, I suppose, proven herself as my relation, and had gotten me almost the exact same notebook that I had gotten her, though it was forest green instead of purple and had a mighty-looking dragon instead of a phoenix embossed on the cover.

     Only a few minutes after we’d finished our present spree and were a bit calmer, the scent of pancakes and warm syrup began to drift through the air, making my stomach growl.

     “Breakfast is ready!” came Mrs. Potter’s voice from the kitchen.

     “Food!” Sirius and James yelled almost before she had finished speaking, springing up from their piles of presents to race each other to the dining room table.

     “Did you make some with chocolate chips?” Remus called, getting up much more leisurely than the two black-haired boys.

     “Of course, Remus dear,” Mrs. Potter said, and I could hear her chuckle.

     Lily, Peter, and I took up the rear of the pack.

     “Sorry,” the blonde boy squeaked as he bumped into me. He’d been relatively quiet during the week or so we’d spent at the Potters’ house, always timid and unsure of himself. He would never suggest anything to do or disagree with what anyone else said, as if he worried they wouldn’t keep him around anymore if he opposed the more popular decisions.

     But the time spent with him in close quarters had made me sure of one thing – there was no way Peter was anything close to a Death Eater. ‘At least, not yet,’ I couldn’t help thinking. Because, as small and insignificant as he appeared, and as easy as it was for him to slip into the background, there wasn’t even the slightest hint of him being anything but loyal to his three best (probably only) friends.

     I really didn’t know what to think – he’d betrayed two people in my family, but he didn’t even know he had done it. He hadn’t actually done it yet.

     “Are you alright?” Peter asked from a little ways ahead of me, and I realized I had stopped in the middle of the doorway to let him pass me. He smiled a little bit, a small smile that looked like he was trying to pull it onto his face, but didn’t know if it belonged there.

     “Yeah, I’m fine,” I replied quickly, smiling back at him. His smile grew a bit and stayed on his lips. I realized we had fallen behind Lily, who was already sitting down at the dining table. “Let’s go have breakfast!”

     The smile he had grew even more, and I resolved to be nicer to him from now on.

     We were almost finished, our stomachs nearly full to bursting with delicious pancakes and fruit, when a whooshing noise came from the living room.

     “Who would be calling at this time, on Christmas day?” Mrs. Potter asked, looking up from the dishes she was washing.

     “No idea,” said Mr. Potter, hurrying out of the dining room to answer the Floo Call.

     “Does your dad often get called on holidays?” Lily asked James, dabbing her mouth gently with a napkin.

     “No,” said James, frowning as he stuffed the last bite of his fifth pancake into his mouth, chewed and swallowed. “At least, he’s never gotten a call before…”

     “Luna?” called Mr. Potter’s voice from the living room. All eyes turned to me, and I felt a spark of confusion. Who would be calling for me? Who even knew I was staying at the Potters’ house for Christmas? “Could you come in here for a moment? Professor Dumbledore wants to have a word with you.” Hope blossomed deep in my chest. Had Dumbledore finally figured out how to send me home? ‘I have to say, that would be an excellent Christmas present,’ I thought.

     I tried to walk casually into the living room, but ended up going faster than I had anticipated and nearly tripped as I reached the carpeted floor. Mr. Potter was kneeling in front of the fire, Professor Dumbledore’s face floating in the flames.

     "I’ll give you a bit of privacy,” Mr. Potter said, going back toward the kitchen and ushering James and Sirius back from where they had been hiding behind the doorframe, trying to listen in on the call.

     I turned back to the fireplace, and Dumbledore’s mouth was in a smile, which I counted as good news.

     “Did you figure out a way to get me back?” I asked without preamble.

     His face fell just a fraction, but it was enough for me to know his answer.

     “Not quite,” he said, “But we did just receive a visitor, who I think you’d be most happy to meet.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Albus sat on his bed in the Hospital Wing, staring blankly at the ceiling. Snow was falling outside of the high windows and light from the rising sun poured in, bringing with it the promise of a white Christmas.

     Guilt settled in Albus’ stomach at the thought. He had only been trying to find his sister, and, though he had found her, he was stuck in the past along with her, and they had no conceivable way of getting home. What would his parents think, losing another child so soon after losing their first? There had already been rumors of potential Death Eater activity as the cause of Lily’s disappearance, and Albus wondered what rumors would come to life now that two of the Potter children were missing. His parents didn’t need any more speculation surrounding them, especially when it only added tension to an already painfully tense situation.

     “Happy Christmas!” Madam Pomfrey said, bringing over a small tray of eggs and toast. “Are you feeling better now?”

     “Yeah,” Albus said, pushing himself up to a sitting position, the matron helping him arrange the pillows so it was more comfortable. “My headache disappeared completely, and I’m just a bit sore still.”

     “That’s to be expected,” Madam Pomfrey sighed, shaking her head and tutting softly. “Honestly, landing on the floor like you did- it’s a wonder you didn’t crack your head open!”

     “It’s not like I tried!” Albus protested, scooping a forkful of eggs into his mouth while his free hand waved wildly. “It just- happened!”

     “I know, dear,” she said, waving her wand over his body in a long, sweeping gesture. “Yes, you do look ship-shape. Seems you’ll be able to move into wherever the Headmaster puts you later today. Oh, and he’ll be visiting soon, just so you’re aware.”

     “Professor Dumbledore?” Albus asked, sending her a quizzical look. “What for?”

     “Oh, just for Christmas, I’m sure,” Madam Pomfrey said, winking at him with a bright smile on her face before heading back to her office.

     Albus was confused, and stared after her for a few seconds before turning back to his food, eating every bite even though guilt was worming its way through his gut again. If it was Christmas day in the past, when was it in the future?

     He thought for a second about the absurdness of that statement, then looked at his tray and pushed it away. Were his parents sitting at home with James, and maybe the rest of the family, wondering where their two family members were? Would the presents be left unopened under the tree like they usually were when a family member was called away to work on the holiday, not touched until the whole family was together? He wished he hadn’t been so reckless, tried to be so independent in his planning. If he had just let his family know what he was planning, he would have been able to, at the very least, give them some sort of clue as to where he had gone.

     If only there was some way of sending a message to his family in the future-

     His thoughts were cut off when the large double doors to the Hospital Wing grumbled open, revealing Professor Dumbledore in robes of red with green and gold trim. Standing next to him was a red-haired girl. Is it- could it be-

     “Albus!” Lily shouted, running to him, full tilt, and pulling him into a tight hug, her chin digging into his shoulder and her fingers clutching onto his shirt.

     It took the dark-haired boy another moment for his mind to really register what was happening, but he returned the hug, burying his face into what he and James had lovingly nicknamed the “carrot bush” when they were younger. It was such a relief, if a bit surreal, to see her alive and well after having been missing for so long, and he pulled her up onto the bed with him, her legs folding up onto his lap as she clung to him like a baby koala.

     He caught Professor Dumbledore’s eye from over her shoulder and mouthed ‘thank you’, his eyes burning slightly. The headmaster nodded graciously and, waving his wand to close the doors behind him, walked the length of the Hospital Wing with long strides to Madam Pomfrey’s office.

     Turning his attention back to the girl in his arms, Albus was startled to find that her shoulders were shaking softly and a wet spot was forming on the spot where she was laying her head.

     “Lily, what’s wrong?” he asked, trying to pull her away to get a good look at her, but she held fast to his torso. “Are you hurt? Did something happen to you?”

     She shook her head, arms tightening around him as her sobs increased in intensity.

     “I- I thought-” she choked out. “I- I would never s-see you a-again.”

     Rendered incoherent by renewed sobs at her admonition, Lily shook her head again and simply clung to her older brother.

     “Hey, it’s alright,” Albus assured her, “I’m here.”

     He repeated the phrase and other comforting words in her ear, gently rocking her back and forth on the bed as their mother did when they had woken up from nightmares in their youth.

     Her tears fell for only a minute or two more, gradually slowing to breathy gasps instead of deep sobs, the sporadic shaking calming to occasional hiccups. Soon after, even those faded into silence and the pair was left in a still embrace.

     “Better?”

     “Better.”

     He rubbed her back gently, letting her sit up and dry her eyes with a shirt sleeve. Their eyes locked and Lily quickly averted hers, blinking rapidly in an attempt to stave off more waterworks.

     “Are mum and dad okay?” she asked finally, then rushed on as if the dam had broken and she was unable to contain the mighty rush of words. “And what about James and Teddy? Scorpius? He knows it wasn’t his fault, right? And the cousins? How are they handling-“ her voice caught. “-it?” she finished lamely.

     “Everyone’s fine,” he assured her gently, laying a hand on top of hers. “They’re coping. They’ll work it out.

     “Does that mean they know you’re here?” she asked, staring at his left shoulder, her voice trembling only slightly as if afraid of the answer.

     “No,” Albus said, shaking his head. Her face fell.

     “But how will we-“

     “I don’t know,” he admitted, holding her hand tightly. “But we’ll figure something out. Don’t you worry. We’ll make it home in the end.”           

Lily’s POV

     We sat for a few moments in silence, and it felt good to just be with my brother – someone who’d grown up with me, who knew me and who I knew. It was a different, familiar feeling unlike anything I’d experienced since I’d arrived in the past. It was like being home again, even if it was just for a few moments.

     I did wonder about Albus’ reasons for coming though. According to Professor Dumbledore, he had come much the same way as I had – the Room of Requirement, which then just dropped him into the past – but Dumbledore hadn’t mentioned anything about why he’d come. 'Though… before we bring up that topic of conversation…’

     “Guess who I’ve met?” I asked Albus, nudging him in the side.

     “Huh?”

     ‘Typical brother,’ I thought, rolling my eyes.

     “Guess who I met here in the past!” I said, sliding over on the bed so I could face him and not be all on top of him.

     “Dad?” he guessed.

     “Uh-uh.”

            “Mum?”

            “Nope.”

            “Aunt Hermione?”

            “Not her.”

            “Uncle Ron?”

            “No.”

            “Uncle George? Or Uncle Fred?”

            “Nope!”

            I was thoroughly enjoying myself by the time my brother looked like he wanted to groan in frustration.          

            “Just tell me!”

            “Think older,” I hinted, raising my eyebrows suggestively.

            “Older?”

            “Older.”

            He gave me a strange look, and then said, “Merlin?”

            “Albus!” I exclaimed, punching him though he only laughed.

            “Alright, alright!” he said, swatting away my hand that came toward him as he laughed again. “I’ll guess! Just give me a moment!”

            “How much of a moment do you need?” I asked, setting my arms behind me so I could lean on them.

            “Was it Grandma?” he asked, and I couldn’t help chuckling.

            “Which one?” I asked innocently, batting my eyelashes a few times.

            “But we only have-” he started, before cutting off in the middle of his sentence. “Hang on. You don’t mean-”

            I nodded, thrilled by the awestruck look on his face. “Yes I do!”

            “You met Grandma Lily?” he whispered, looking from side to side as if he wanted to make sure no one else was listening, despite the fact there was no one in the ward except for us.

            “Lily and James Potter, as well as one Sirius Black, and Remus Lupin,” I said proudly, grinning as his eyes lit up, like I knew they would.

            “You met Teddy’s dad?” he asked. “The Remus Lupin?”

            “We’re on first name terms and everything,” I joked, feeling warmth spread through my chest at the disbelieving laugh I drew from my brother. It was almost like nothing had changed at all.

            “The Marauders,” Albus whispered, almost reverentially. “Wow. You know James would kill to see them?”

            “Sure do,” I affirmed, grinning.

            “Do they really prank the Slytherins all the time? Were James Potter and Sirius Black really the closest of friends? Did Pettigrew just tail after them all the time?”

            His face was lighting up in excitement, just like it always did when he was passionate about something. I wondered how he would react when he actually met the infamous Marauders. “Yes, yes, and yes,” I said, laughing yet again at his delighted smile.

I wondered briefly how James would react to meeting his namesakes, then vetoed the idea almost immediately. That would not end well, knowing how much of a troublemaker my eldest brother had been during his years at Hogwarts, truly living up to the name ‘James Sirius Potter’.

            “Can I meet them?” he asked, leaning forward eagerly.

            “Well, I was at James’ house for Christmas…”

            “You went to our great-grandparents’ house?” Albus asked.

            “Yeah, with Lily and the boys,” I said, smirking at his astounded look.

            “Do you think I could-” he started, before being interrupted by Madam Pomfrey’s office door opening with a creak. The matron and headmaster stepped into the Hospital Wing, Dumbledore leading the way to the bed we were seated on.

            “Professor Dumbledore, do you think I could go with Lily to the Potters’ for Christmas?” Albus asked quickly, before scrunching his eyebrows together. “Wow, that sounds weird. ‘Cause we are the Potters, but not really…”

            “I think it would be a marvelous idea,” Professor Dumbledore said, eyes twinkling. “As long as you are well enough and Mr. and Mrs. Potter say it is acceptable,” he turned toward the matron. “Madam Pomfrey, you said young Mr. Potter is in full health?”

            “He is, headmaster,” Madam Pomfrey said, nodding. “Just take it easy, young man!” she exclaimed, sending a short glare Albus’ way. “Goodness knows, if you’re anything like your grandparents…” she trailed off and huffed out a sigh.

            “I’ll make sure he does, Madam Pomfrey,” I said, winking at Albus as he whipped around to look at me.

            “See that you do,” Madam Pomfrey said, before bustling off to the other end of the ward to do something or other.

            The two of us were left facing Professor Dumbledore.

            “I do believe some arrangements must be made,” he said, clapping his hands together and pulling out his wand. “Expecto Patronum!”

            A silvery phoenix flew out of the end of his wand and through the wall of the Hospital Wing, destined for Potter Manor.

---------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry for the not-updating. Starting college, laziness, whatever you want to chalk it up to, it didn't get done until my sister begged and pleaded for me to write it... So here's a chapter! The longest yet! 

As always, thank you for reading/reviewing! :D

~Megan out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

852K 39.7K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1.1M 44.1K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
417K 17K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...