Saving Ava Collins

By lovelyQueen16

#222 -Teen Fiction 1/22/18 ✨ I nodded subconsciously and immediately his lips connected with mine, he passion... More

~ Intro ~
•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 4•
*.*
•Chapter 5•
•Chapter 6•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 10•
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 17•
❤️Trailer❤️
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
•Chapter 21•
•Chapter 22•
•Chapter 23•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
•Chapter 26•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
*Short Chapter*
•Chapter 31•
•Chapter 32•

•Chapter 28•

2K 69 10
By lovelyQueen16

Prom was now around the corner and although I was never really interested in going to school planned parties. I craved to so badly ever since I met Mason; I wanted to experience all the things that came with being young and happy with him. And that was what I was going to do. Today was Saturday, the day that Mason promised to take Alissa to her prom. After our conversation yesterday I was selfishly hoping that he would ditch her last minute but knowing how Mason is; he cared too much to do that to her.

As I laid down on my bed, I received a text from Melissa telling me to get ready to go to the mall for our prom dresses. I groaned and started to get ready. As I pulled on a short sleeve shirt, I noticed that many of my cut marks were completely faded which shocked me because it had only been 6 months since I cut myself. A small smile was placed upon my lips knowing why I stopped, it was all because of him. I had changed so much and while I had a long way to go I was happy at my progress. The necklace Mason gave me on my birthday caught my attention through the mirror, as I gazed at myself; I saw how my face was glowing and how my cheeks was a flushed pink. I almost looked beautiful.

While I sat inside Melissa's car; I was immediately attacked by one of her firm hugs which said that she missed me and was going to kill me if we went that long without talking to each other again. "What the fuck Ava! I haven't spoken to you in so long!" She screamed at me whilst sending me a glare and began driving.

I sighed since I knew that Mason had took most of my attention and said, "I know and I am so sorry."

She shook her head with a smirk and replied, "Now you know how it feels."

I looked at her confusingly and asked, "What do you mean?"

"When I first started dating Michael it was like we barely saw each other anymore." She continued, "I felt horrible because I felt like I was ditching you but once you meet that one person it's like you never think of anything else, like your in a whole different world."  I nodded my head because that was exactly how I felt whenever I was with Mason. It was always us against the world.

"But we need to get out of that dreamy world with our boys sometimes and see each other more!" She said with a determined smile.

"I agree" I said with a chuckle.

"I have to put you on!" She squealed as if she forgot to tell me something huge.

My eyes widened at the many things she could tell me right and nervously said, "What is it?"

"Ava, your probably going to freak." She laughed nervously.

"I'll try not to." I muttered knowing how crazy Melissa is.

"Michael and I had a pregnancy scare a while back." She said.

My jaw dropped as I stared at her with extreme shock, "You guys are doing it?"

Melissa stared at me as if something was completely wrong with me and yelled, "Of course we do!"

I shook my head in utter disbelief at the fact that I didn't know. "So your not pregnant?"

"No Ava, thankfully I am not." She said with relief.

As we parked in front of the mall my mind wondered to the fact that Mason and I never went that far. We always made out but we never did it. Did he want to? Had he done it before? Oh god, I was now over thinking this as I do with everything.

"Ava are you okay?" Melissa asked with a worried look.

"Yeah I am, I just thought about Mason and I." I admitted whilst my cheeks started to heat up with embarrassment.

"About what?" She asked with an amused smile.

"You know what." I whispered.

"You guys haven't had sex?" She asked bluntly.

"Oh my god!" I paused, "Melissa stop saying that!" I groaned.

"What.." She continued, "Sex?"

"No we haven't." I sighed as we walked into the store, Windsor.

"I am not that surprised because of how you are but I thought Mason would have probably convinced you by now since you know how he is." She said while looking at a sparkly golden dress.

I looked at her with a confused look and asked, "How is he exactly?"

"Well.. Remember, Mason is way different than how he was in his old school." She said whilst searching through the racks.

"Melissa what do you mean?" I asked getting frustrated and nervous.

Melissa stopped looking through the dresses and turned to me with a 'don't act like you don't know what I am talking about' look.

"Ava, he was one of those arrogant guys who could get any girl he wanted with a snap of his fingers but then he changed when he got to our school and met you." She said with a reassuring smile.

"Are you trying to say that he has done it with other girls?" I said with a saddened look.

"Most likely Ava." She said bluntly, "Come on don't tell me you didn't know that."

"I have never actually thought about it." I muttered feeling stupid.

"This is why you need me around more often." She said with a smile.

"Yeah your right." I said with a laugh.

"I mean you don't want to do it anytime soon right?" She asked.

I never really thought about it and I honestly didn't know. It scared me to think that we could be so intimate.

"I don't know anymore, I really haven't thought about it."

She smiled at me and said, "Well you guys have all the time in the world, don't do anything that your uncomfortable with."

"But what if he wants to and hasn't said anything." I said nervously.

"I am sure he does but you know how much Mason cares about you, he is not going to want to do anything that he thinks would make you uncomfortable."

"Yeah I guess your right." I said thankful that I had Melissa to bring this to my attention.

"You guys should probably talk about it since it seems to be bothering you." She said with a shrug.

My eyes widened and I quickly said, "No way! That's so embarrassing."

"How? He is your boyfriend." She said with a confused look.

"I know but I can't."

"Have you guys made out?" She asked with a mom tone.

"Yeah." I said feeling a bit flustered.

"Has he touched you?"

I was so confused at the fact that she asked that question because we had cuddled a lot. "We cuddle all the time." I said.

Melissa looked at me with a blank stare and busted out into fits of laughter as the people around glared at us.

"Ava, stop your so funny!" She said with a chuckle whilst clenching onto her stomach.

"You lost me, Melissa." I said with a confused look.

Her eyes grew and she said, "Wow you really don't know."

"Know what?"

"Ava when I said touch you I mean like you know." She said pointing down.

"No!" I said finally understanding what she mean't.

"Wow, I knew you were innocent but I didn't you were actually this innocent."

A frown made its way onto my face, "I am not innocent."

"Yes you are love." She sighed, "But it's okay because you have me."

I playfully glared at her and started to search through the store to find a dress that would look incredible on Melissa's bronzed skin. However my mind kept wondering to the idea of Mason and I being so intimate; it was frightening but it excited me as well.

After an hour of searching, we decided to take a break and went into the food court to find something to eat.

"I am kinda down for some Chinese food." Melissa said with a hungry look.

"Yeah me too."

"What would you like to eat?"

"Fried rice, sesame  chicken, an egg roll and water." I said whilst my stomach growled agreeing with me.

"Wow Ava he really has changed you." She said with a bright smile.

"Yeah, he has." I smiled back.

"Well you can go find a seat and I'll get our food." She said whilst walking away.

As I looked around the food court I found a booth secluded from the crazy crowd of people who were hungry as well and sat down. While I looked through my phone, I noticed that Mason had not called me or texted me since last night which worried me because he never went this long without texting me. I decided to call him and heard his deep voice which filled my phone; instantly making me smile.

"Hello baby." He said weirdly.

"Hi, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah why?"

"Because I haven't talked to you all day."

He groaned, " I know." He paused then said, "I talked to Alissa and told her that I didn't think it was a good idea for us to go to prom together."

My eyes widened with shock as Melissa walked up to our table with the food in her hands.

"What happened?" I asked knowing that she was probably pissed  off.

"She said that you were rude to her and her friends and said that you were going to get rid of her." He said blankly.

My mouth dropped and my heart began to pound drastically within my chest, "Mase, I never said that."

"I know baby, it didn't sound like something you would say at all." He continued, "Then when I told her that I didn't believe her. She said she loves me and that I shouldn't be with you."

I began to feel bad that he was now realizing that the girl he had known for his whole life wasn't how he thought she was. "It was like she changed so fast, I just can't believe it." He muttered.

"Are you okay?"

He laughed sadly, "Yeah I am fine."

"Do you want me to come over later?" I asked.

"Yeah, I missed you angel." He said gently making my heart clench.

"Okay, I will." I smiled at how adorable he was being.

"What are you doing? It is kind of noisy in the background."

"I am at the mall with Melissa."

"Okay I hope you have fun baby." He replied.

"Bye, I love you."

"I love you too." I hung up the phone and was met with Melissa's pierced eyes.

I looked around me and said, "What?"

"You guys make me sick." She hurled playfully.

I giggled and stopped when I remembered that I forgot to tell her all about Alissa's party and what happened with our break up. "Melissa I have so much to tell you!" I said shockingly. I summarized everything that had happen since the last time we spoke which was on my birthday. From meeting Alissa in Mason's gym, her asking him to prom right in front of me, her friends making fun of me at her party and the small break up Mason and I had.

"That bitch!" She said with her fists clenched tightly on the table.

"I know." I sighed whilst beginning to eat my food.

"I can't believe school is going to end in a month." She uttered sadly.

"Yeah I know. Where are you going?" I asked curiously.

"I am going to PSU with Michael in the fall." She smiled and asked, "How about you?"

"Mason and I are going to the University Of Florida." I said sad at the fact that Melissa would be staying in state whilst I was going to leave.

"What the fuck? That's 9 hours away!" She said surprisingly.

"I know." I paused, "But their nursing program is amazing and I have always wanted to go there. Also it is one of the best colleges for football." I explained knowing that she was going to be upset.

"B-but I won't ever get to see you." She said with a crack in her voice.

I tried to reassure her and mentioned the fact that we could visit each other and call each other everyday.

"Yeah I guess, I'll miss you." She smiled sadly.

"I'll miss you too. Now let's find our dresses." I said trying to avoid dwelling on the topic too much.

"Your right!" She got up excitedly, throwing the plates away.

We decided to walk into the prom section in Nordstrom and later found the perfect dresses and heels that we wanted which were thankfully on sale. I wanted to hurry since I missed Mason so much. I was worried about how he felt at the moment since I knew he cared for Alissa.

We walked past a cute donut shop and I decided to get him some donuts hoping that would cheer him up a little since he seemed so down on the phone. I ordered him a strawberry with sprinkles and chocolate glaze donuts. We walked outside of the mall as Melissa said, "Let me guess, you want me to drop you off at his place?" She winked.

"Yeah, If you don't mind." I smiled excitedly.

Melissa squealed, "Of course! Maybe you guys will finally have s-" I instantly knew where she was going with that sentence and completely cut her off, "No way." I groaned.

"I know you well enough to know that you want to. Your just scared." She said whilst driving to Mason's address that I had put into her maps. I knew she was right but I just wasn't ready for that step yet with him.

I grew to be curious about it and asked, "Did it hurt?"

Melissa looked at me with a sympathetic smile and said, "Of course it does but after a while it doesn't anymore." She winks, making me cringe into my seat not wanting to discuss it anymore. After awhile we get to the gate outside of Mason's house as Melissa's jaw dropped just how mine was when I first came here.

"No way." She muttered.

"I know right."

"Ava, Mason is fucking loaded, what the hell!" She continued, "I mean I knew he was rich but this is some different kind of rich!"

I laughed at how shocked she was and gave her a hug. "I love you so much Melissa and thank you for today."

She gives me a tight embrace, "I love you too, lets keep in touch alright?"

I smiled with a small nod and walked to the gate as it automatically opened up itself. I walk down the long driveway to the door and hit the door bell nervously. A few seconds later the door opened to reveal Mason with grey sweats and a white T-shirt which clenched onto his defined abs which made me hot all of a sudden. "Earth to Ava!" Mason yelled, taking me out of my short trance.

I cleared my throat and said, "Y-yeah"

He smirked and laughed loudly whilst picking me up from my waist and bringing me inside the front parlor. "I missed you." He sighed into my neck which reminded me of the conversation Melissa and I had earlier. "I-I missed you too." I said tensely.

"What is wrong with you?" He said examining my face with his hands. "You seem flustered and your face is warm."

"I brought you donuts!" I exclaimed quickly trying not to answer his question.

He raised his eyebrows at me knowing that I was trying to change the topic and shrugged his shoulders. "Thank you baby." He whispered placing a kiss on my lips.

"Where are your parents?" I asked since Mrs. Sanders usually opened the door.

"They went to Seattle for a few days." He said intertwining our hands together.

"Oh okay." I sighed, "How are you feeling?"

He gave me a small smile and replied, "Peachy." Which I knew meant he was pissed off.

"Wanna talk about it?" I questioned giving him a peck on his lips; trying to remove the angry pout on his face.

"I just can't believe her." He groaned angrily, "I feel like I never actually knew her as I thought I did."

I give him a sympathetic smile, "It's okay, it's her lost for losing you."

A bright widened smile placed his frown as he captured my waist and pecked my forehead, "At least I have you." 

His dark brown intense eyes mischievously gazed into mine and he pulled me closer. I grew to be extremely nervous since I didn't know what he was planning to do exactly. His hands slowly lowered their way onto my backside and all the way down to the back of my thighs as he gripped each one with his firm hands and pulled me up; resulting in me to squeal. Whilst guiding my legs to wrap around his waist.

"Better." He whispered near my lips. I suddenly felt his warm breath near my neck as I unknowingly bent it giving him more space. He pecked it then gently blew on it causing my stomach to tighten. He walked us up the stairs and to his room  as he tightened my waist with one hand and using the other to open his door.

He sat us on his bed whilst I straddled his waist not knowing what we were doing. "Your so beautiful." He huskily spoke onto my neck, placing tender pecks near my earlobe. His lips made it's way onto mine as my breath hitched at how intense this was going. He kissed me very gently and closed his eyes seeming to have a small battle between himself for a while. While I caressed his face in awe of how handsome he looked right now.

Suddenly he opened his eyes and pecked my lips and asked, "Would you like to watch a movie?"

"Um of course." I said watching him confusingly as he gently took me off his lap and got the remote from his gray nightstand.

What Melissa said earlier popped back into my mind. 'he is not going to want to do anything that he thinks would make you uncomfortable.' I sighed as I wondered if I should bring it up or not. "What would you like to watch?" He questioned, staring right at the TV.

"I don't know." I answered deciding that I needed to bring this up to Mason.

"Um, Mase?" I called out, gently placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah?"

"Why haven't we done it?" I asked wanting to slap myself in the face at how stupid I sounded.

He looked at me questioningly "Done what?" After a few seconds realization hit him and his eyes widened. "Sex?" I mentally rolled my eyes at the fact that everyone can throw the word around carelessly except for me.

"Um yeah?"

His dark brown eyes brightened with amusement, "What have Melissa done to you?" He laughed playfully.

"I honestly don't know." I murmured embarrassingly.

He smiled at me, "Well I don't want to push you to do anything you don't want to."

I unknowingly frowned and before I could stop my next question from coming out of my mouth, I replied. "How about if I want to?" Mason smirked at me, "You want to right now?"

"I mean no but I want to one day." I said staring at my lap.

He chuckled and gently brought my head up to stare into his eyes as he said, "Then we will wait for that day."

"Okay" I whispered, glad that I talked to him about it.

He gently laid me down onto his bed, he wrapped his hand on my waist while placing soft ticklish kisses onto my neck as I cradled his head trying to stop my giggles. Resulting tonight to be one of my favorite moments with him.

*

Hello guys! Sorry that this chapter was a bit shitty. I hope to post sometime next weekend and hope you guys have a good night! Btw  I have a twitter called XxLovelyQueen make sure you follow it in order to receive updates on when I will be updating! Love you guys x.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225 146 49
In her last year of college, Madison Harlow breaks up with her childhood boyfriend. They've never been anything but close friends and a kiss. No one...
4.2K 138 15
Trope: enemies to lovers, forced proximity TW-SA, Cursing, violence, Cnc, drugs If you can't handle the triggers I strongly suggest you don't read...
2.7K 149 35
I don't know how it happened, I don't know where it began and I don't know when it ends. We met on an app, we were never meant to be such close frien...
1.2K 204 36
"Why have you been ignoring me?" I yelled at him. He flinched. "What? Am I not needed anymore? Do you still care?" I continued, my eyes filling with...