A Mortal's Touch (A Killer x...

By __Purple_Fluffball__

For millennia, rules had been set down in concrete for gods and mortals; -No God should ever make contact wit... More

Prologue
What are you doing in my back Garden?
Where am I?
Oversized Jackets
Meeting Lewis
The Summoning
Split
'Comfy' Cells
Lunch Time
Once the Same
Arena
Doggies
Broken Lock
Forgive Me?
Traitor
Broken Rules
Hope
Come Back...
20 Years Later
The End

And he let Go

3.8K 234 351
By __Purple_Fluffball__

❤️💜9K ALMOST THERREEEEE💜❤️

"You feeling any better now...?" Killer asked softly, looking down at the small God clinging to his chest.

Dream gave a small nod, still having his arms wrapped tightly around Killer and blushing softly. He'd kind of freaked out after the kiss, almost going to run again. But Killer had managed to grab him and pull him back, talking to the smaller until he slowly gave in and relaxed.

"S-Sorry..." He mumbled, looking up at the taller.

"It's fine, you know I'm not mad at you." He murmured, gently stroking the top of his skull. "Just relax..."

Dream nodded weakly, a soft sigh escaping him as he closed his eyes and snuggled closer to Killer's chest contently.

The taller smiled softly down at him, the hand on top of his skull dipping down to rub his cheek softly. "I don't want to rush you or anything, but we'll need to make a move soon..."

"Make a move?" He pushed his face away from Killer's chest, looking up at him in confusion.

"Your soul." He replied simply. "We need to get it back."

"O-Oh yeah... but what about Nightmare and Cross...?"

Killer sighed, closing his eyes in thought. "Maybe we can make a deal? He wants to keep Cross, you want your soul. Maybe we could somehow manage to yoink Cross from him and hold him captive for a trade?"

"I hardly doubt Nightmare would let us anywhere near enough Cross to 'yoink' him away, Killer."

"Still." He shrugged. "Never hurts to try, does it?"

"Yes but even if we do pull that off, there's still something we need to figure out about what to do."

"And what's that?"

"...Us..."

———————

Cross was half asleep when the giant double doors to the basement room suddenly swung open. He immediately lurched to his feet at the sound, a red knife held in his hand.

"Crossy, relax."

Nightmare was sat down, leaning back lazily against the brick wall with one leg stretched out in front of him, the other being crossed beneath it. He watched as two figures slipped through the open door, their hands clutched tightly together.

The king grinned widely upon seeing that, his head tipping back to rest against the wall. "Finally came scurrying back, hm?"

Killer glared at the God coldly, occasionally glancing at Cross and his knife. "You don't look very king-like down there on the floor."

He'd meant it as an insult, but Nightmare only laughed, shrugging. "No one can see me down here. Besides, I'm king, I do what I want."

Killer snarled softly to himself, gripping onto Dream's hand tighter as the evil twin's one eye rested on their interlocked fingers.

"So, accepted your feelings Dreamy~?" He drawled, reaching up to tug Cross' arm. It was almost like a command.

The small black and white mortal gave a nervous look at the two, but did as he wanted and slid down to sit next to the King. He visibly relaxed as Nightmare wrapped an arm around his waist, but he didn't un-summon his knife.

Dream's face was hot in both anger and embarrassment, but he gave a small nod as he stared at his brother and his lover.

"Oh perfect!" He let out a short laugh, his posture relaxing even more. "I was starting to worry we'd all have to fight, which would be a waste of course. But as soon as I saw you two walking in with your hands sweetly intertwined I knew we might be in for a little luck."

"What the hell are you on about now?" Killer growled.

"What sick game are you trying to play now brother...?" Dream asked meekly, looking at him with stressed eyes.

"Nothing."

"..."

"Seriously." He deadpanned, rolling his eye. "And sit down, you look like nervous meerkats with rabies stood like that."

The two jolted, looking away quickly in embarrassment before they both slowly lowered themselves down into a sitting position on the floor. They tried to ignore the death glare they were being sent by the alpha.

"That's better." He hummed, tilting his head to the side so that it was resting on Cross' shoulder. "Now then, as you've definitely realised, Brother, we've both broken the number one rule and fallen head over heels for mortals. Or the other way round, I don't care. Point is, what to do about it?"

Dream remained silent, a short shiver running through his body as Killer rubbed his hand softly.

"Now my kingdom doesn't give a shit, I'm king and I do as I damn well please. But if you went home, first thing you'd do is blab you fat mouth to every God possible. They'd obviously be furious and rip Cross from me, most likely killing him. And I really don't want that. Believe it or not. I was actually beginning to worry that I'd have to lock you up forever, which still wouldn't work because one of your annoying friends would have to notice your disappearance and link it to me. They'd inevitably break you out and then my little secret would be spilled anyway and Cross would be cruelly snatched from my grasp once more."

Said smaller shuddered softly, pressing himself tightly against Nightmare's side and glaring at Killer and Dream constantly.

"But then luck seemed to shine on me and you came along." He grinned at Killer. "Now that my brother is so desperately in love with you, he can't tell anyone about my little illegal relationship. Imagine the joy and hope I felt when you two walked into the throne room holding hands - minus the rage I had for Cross' supposed betrayal. I realised we had a chance. You understand now, don't you brother?"

Dream swallowed weakly, ignoring Killer's stare as he gave a small nod. "Yes..." He whispered, the word coming out choked and forced.

"You can't expose me, because I'd just expose you in return." He laughed, the sound having an almost threatening edge to it. "You just have one thing to decide now."

"...And what's that?" Dream asked warily.

"Where you'll be staying of course." Nightmare glanced over at Dream's chained soul. "I'll give that back to you no problem, don't really care what you do anymore as long as you leave my kingdom alone. But you see, keeping Killer with you in your kingdom will never work. He'll be discovered in less than a week and shoved back down to the mortal realm or killed. Or you can face banishment/permanently move down there to stay with him. Yes, you'll never be allowed up here again, but you'd still be a god."

Dream was silent, staring down at the floor in thought.

"Well what are you picking?" Killer asked, glaring coldly at Nightmare.

"Us?" He laughed, pulling the small bean close to his side. "I can get away with anything I want here, of course he's staying."

"Doesn't he have a family back down in the mortal realm?"

Cross looked away, giving a barely noticeable nod. "A brother..."

"And won't he miss you?" Killer asked, raising an eyebrow.

He shrugged, avoiding eye contact with them and instead picking at the fabric of Nightmare's hoodie cuff.

"So you don't care?"

"Let's just say..." Nightmare cut in, staring at Killer. "He knows his life up here is much better than what he had down there. His brother will get over it, much like mine did."

Dream flinched at that last bit, looking away.

"So, what shall it be, Brother?" Nightmare asked, shifting a bit so he could get to his feet, Cross immediately standing by his side.

Dream clenched his hands into fists, refusing to look at any of them. "I think I've decided, I'll...I'll go to the mortal realm with Killer."

Said skeleton immediately broke out in a grin, pulling the smaller to his chest and hugging him tightly. "Thank you Dream, I don't know what I'd do if you left."

Nightmare glanced at his twin, noticing the slightly guilty expression on his face. "Well then, do you want your soul back?"

"What the hell do you think?" Dream growled, glaring at him.

"Hey, no need to get feisty." Nightmare snorted, nodding over at Cross. "Do it."

The smaller muttered something under his breath, staring at the couple and gripping onto his knife tightly before pointing it at Dream's soul.

"Hey woah, what are you doing?!" Killer yelled before freezing in horror as Cross threw it.

But instead of hitting the soul, the knife sliced cleanly through the chains, sending them clattering to the ground loudly.

Dream clutched his chest, the sudden spike of fear for his own soul stunning him for a moment before he looked at Nightmare. "H-How can he do that? I thought p-people from the mortal realm don't have any powers."

The God offered a lazy smirk, walking over to the soul. "I bestowed some of my 'Godly powers' on him so that if anyone does happen to find out about him, I can say he's a demigod from winning a previous tournament."

"Clever..." He muttered.

"Yeah, more clever than you." Nightmare said, picking up the soul in his hands. "Last time I had this in my grasp, you were broken and begging for mercy..."

"I remember..." He winced, flashbacks clouding his vision for a moment.

"Well, stay out of my way and I won't have to do it again." Nightmare grinned cheerfully before holding it out. "Now take it before it's disgusting positivity kills me or something."

Dream gave a nervous step forwards, his hands shaking as he gently cupped the soul in his still bandaged hands. "Thank you, Brother..."

"Yeah yeah whatever, just get on with it, I'm getting bored already." Nightmare rolled his eye, watching.

"Sorry." Dream said quietly, giving Killer a weak smile before he pushed the soul back into his chest. Immediately he gasped, the feeling of life flowing through his bones quicker than ever before. He actually stumbled back, clutching his chest tightly at the feeling.

For a moment his whole world seemed to slow, the pounding of his soul in his chest being so loud that it was almost unbearable. Just the feeling of it burning inside of him almost hurt, having been used to it not being there for so long.

But then a pair of strong arms wrapped around his waist, comforting words being whispered in his ear. "Relax Dream...it's okay..."

The smaller whimpered, clinging onto him tightly until his head stopped spinning and his vision cleared. "K-Killer...?"

"Yes Dream, it's me, relax." He rubbed his back softly, pressing a kiss against his sweaty forehead.

He nodded softly, letting out shallow pants as his body finally started adjusting to having a soul inside it again. "I-I'm fine now, thanks..."

Killer sighed, keeping him close as he looked up at Nightmare. "So, what now?"

The king paused his whispered conversation with Cross, staring at the two before standing straighter. "We send you home."

Dream watched weakly as Nightmare snapped his fingers, pointing down at the floor casually. No sooner than he'd done that, a wide portal formed in the centre of the chamber floor, sending both Killer and Dream stumbling back in surprise.

"You won't smash into a mortal's garden and break all the bones in your body, don't worry. You should land safely or some shit, I don't know."

"How promising you made that sound." Killer said dryly, taking a tentative step towards the edge and looking down at the world below.

It seemed so dark down there, everything dull and grey. Even though it was mid-afternoon, there didn't seem to be any sun. But then as if it had sensed what he'd been thinking, the world seemed to light up a bit, rays of sunshine forming and shining down on the desolate world below, warming it back up to life.

"The whole place has been in a giant panic ever since the sun disappeared, which is because of Dream's soul, by the way." Nightmare said, looking at them. "But now that it's back, the sun will slowly start to return. It may take a day or two to get completely back to normal, but don't worry, it'll happen."

Killer gave a short nod, watching as the world slowly started to light up again. "Okay, anything else we need to know?"

"Nope. Other than Dream might feel a little ill for a few days." Nightmare shrugged. "You're free to go."

He gave a weak sigh, smiling at Dream. "So, you ready to go, Dream?"

The small God nodded softly, but couldn't hide the incredible guilty look on his face.

"Dream...?"

"I-I'm fine Killer, c'mon." He walked over to the edge of the portal, down through it emotionlessly.

Killer rubbed his hand softly, giving him another smile. "Together?"

He nodded. "Together."

The two stood at the edge, silently counting down for their jump. But the at the last second, Dream stepped back, tears building up in his eyes as he pushed Killer forwards.

The mortal stumbled, his eyes widening as he just about managed to whip around and see Dream, his expression full of confusion and betrayal.

Dream watched as Killer fell through the portal and disappeared , fat tears streaming down his cheeks. "I-I'm Sorry Killer... But my people need me."

————————————————————————

2,207 words, damn

Ahahahahahahahhhhhhhaaahahahahahahahhahhhhhhaaahahahahahahahhhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhaaahahahahahahahhahhhhhhaaahahahahahahahhhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhaaahahahahahahahhahhhhhhaaahahahahahahahhhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhaaahahahahahahahhahhhhhhaaahahahahahahahhhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhaaahahahahahahahhahhhhhhaaahahahahahahahhhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhaaahahahahahahahhahhhhhhaaahahahahahahahhhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhahahahahahahahahahah

I'm ever-so-slightly sorry

:3

-Jess-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 2.9K 20
Y/n L/n. A special human with a special SOUL. Yes, her Soul Trait is something new. But other than her SOUL trait she has another secret. One day, w...
1.2K 70 5
The war was coming to an end and Dream was trying to rekindle his relationship with Nightmare, while trying to do so he convinced everyone to live to...
222K 9.9K 31
This is for the Crossmare anniversary 3rd July :3 Long ago an ancient chest containing all the gems and riches was kept under lock and key at the pa...
8.9K 145 3
Welcome to this story! ⚠️NO REQUESTS⚠️ But otherwise enjoy:)