Glee: Back to the Top (the th...

Av arias3

The time has finally arrived. The moment every McKinley student awaits from the moment they first step foot o... Mer

Season Six [Glee FanFic #3]
Chapter 1: Over the Summer
Chapter 2: Brand New Day
Chapter 3: Burning Bridges
Chapter 4: Assembly
Chapter 5: The Next One
Chapter 6: Captains
Chapter 7: Fantasy Mentors
Chapter 8: Nearly Famous
Chapter 9: Boyfriend Draft
Chapter 10: Date Night
Not a Chapter-- SONG LIST ^_^
Chapter 11: Punk
Chapter 12: Loaded Gun
Chapter 13: The Fall
Chapter 14: Salute
Chapter 15: Girls Also Poop
Chapter 16: Election Day
Chapter 17: It's a Boy Girl Thing
Chapter 18: Nonbinary
Chapter 19: Muse
Chapter 20: Jalie
Chapter 21: Facebook 1.0
Chapter 22: The Dark I Know Well
Chapter 24: Monster Mash
Chapter 25: The Haunted House
Chapter 26: Let's Talk About Sex
Chapter 27: The Guilty Ones
Chapter 28: Spring Awakening
I'm Figuring Out How to Use Tumblr...
RP
Chapter 29: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Chapter 30: Ok
Chapter 31: The Return
Chapter 32: The Mission
Chapter 33: Sacrifice
Chapter 34: Pretty Little Liar
Chapter 35: The District Championship
Chapter 36: Party Crashers
Chapter 37: Game Night
Chapter 38: The Alumni
Chapter 39: The One Where They All Sing
Chapter 40: Always
Chapter 41: Winter Ball
Chapter 42: Ice and Snow
Chapter 43: Jealousy
Chapter 44: Stupid Girls
Chapter 45: Into the Woods
Chapter 46: Nothing Lasts Forever
Chapter 47: Face Off
Chapter 48: Good Job
Chapter 49: The Paper View
Chapter 50: Country
Chapter 51: Love Song
Chapter 52: Feels Like Love
Chapter 53: Disney 3.0
Chapter 54: Surprised
Chapter 55: Spring Musical
Chapter 56: Goodbye Bree
Chapter 57: Motown
Chapter 58: Diva's Lament
Chapter 59: Accepted
HIATUS CONTEST!
Chapter 60: On the Open Road
Chapter 61: Enemy
Chapter 62: The Bachelor
Chapter 63: Those We Don't Notice
Chapter 64: Until We Can't Ignore Them Anymore
OPEN THIS
Chapter 65: Last Chance
Chapter 66: Healing
Chapter 67: Carry On
Chapter 68: Everybody Loves Prom
Chapter 69: A Night to Remember
Chapter 70: Gleedo
Chapter 71: Santana's Crazy and You Know It
Chapter 72: Pressure
Chapter 73: Houston, Do We Have a Problem?
Chapter 74: World of Chances
Awards

Chapter 23: The Dance-Off

3.4K 64 40
Av arias3

I checked this for errors but I wouldn't be surprised if there's still a random sentence that cuts off in the middle and is never completed (I rearranged the order completely after writing it) because I am very, VERY tired. However, the last chapter made it to 15 votes which meant I had a deadline to meet :P So enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIMA, OHIO

[Cue "Don't Do Sadness/Blue Wind" por favor :P]

Dan: Awful sweet to be a little butterfly. Just wingin' over things and nothing deep inside. Nothing going, going wild in you, you know... You're slowing by the riverside or floatin' high and blue. Or maybe cool to be a little summer wind. Fly once through everything and then away again. With the taste of dust in your mouth all day. But no need to know like sadness. You just sail away 'cause you know.

Dan moved around slowly in the stage as he sang, his expression full of the exact emotion he was singing about and that had gotten him the role of Moritz.

Dan: I don't do sadness. Not even a little bit. Just don't need it in my life. Don't want any part of it. I don't do sadness... Hey, I've done my time. Looking back on it all. Man, it blows my mind. I don't do sadness.

Amity walked on-stage, holding her script in one hand and rubbing her arm nervously with the other.

Dan: So been there. Don't do sadness. Just don't care...

Amity, as Ilse, cleared her throat as she approached Dan and said, "Moritz Stiefel?"

Dan, as Moritz, stopped, turning around and said, "Ilse? You frightened me."

"What are you looking for?" Amity asked.

With a smile on his face, Dan shook his head and answered, "If only I knew."

"Then what's the use of looking?" Amity asked, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Want to come?"

"I don't know..." Dan said nervously. In the audience, the rest of New Directions watched the two friends work off of each other on the stage. It was the first day of the week and they were expected to be off-book soon.

"You remember how we used to run back to my house and play pirates?" Amity asked, walking away from him and towards the audience, looking out into the distance and nothing. "Wendla Bergmann, Melchior Gabor, you, and I."

The music began again and Amity put down her script. While Dan had spent all weekend memorizing his lines and the songs, all she had managed so far were the lyrics.

Amity: Spring and summer every other day. Blue wind gets so sad. Blowin' through the thick corn. Through the bales of hay. Through the open books on the grass. Spring and summer...

She was nervous about this, thinking if she didn't impress the directors soon, she'd never land such a great role again.

Amity: Sure, when it's autumn. Wind always wants to creep up and haunt you. Whistlin' it's got you. With its heartache, with its sorrow. Winter wind sings and it cries.

Alex watched her from his seat in the third row, jotting down notes like everyone else but wanting nothing more than to let her know she was perfect up there. He wasn't too crazy about playing Dan's best friend or Bree's lover, but Amity being there made it all worthwhile, seeing as it was the only way to spend time with her.

Amity: Spring and summer every other day. Blue wind gets so pained. Blowin' through the thick corn. Through the bales of hay. Through the sudden drift of the rain. Spring and summer.

Marley leaned into Julie and said, "We need to get her to sing to him a bit more than to just sing."

Julie nodded, not taking her eyes off of Dan, whose acting was more and more impressive. He really seemed like a depressed teenager, but how could he play the part so well? He was such a happy guy.

"Actually, I'd better go," Dan said when the music was lowered. Amity turned to him.

"Square off your body toward the audience!" Sue called out.

Amity followed directions, glanced down at her script and said, "Walk as far as my house with me."

"I wish I could," Dan responded, rubbing his hair nervously and looking around. Beiste shook her head with amazement.

Amity reached out and put a hand on his shoulder, saying, "Then why don't you?"

Dan shrugged, taking a few steps towards the audience and replying, "Eighty lines of Virgil, sixteen equations, a paper on the Habsburgs."

The music began again and that sad look appeared on his face again, the look that troubled Julie as she jotted down nothing but great notes about him.

Dan: So maybe I should be some kind of laundry line. Hang their things on me and I will swing 'em dry. You just wave in the sun through the afternoon and then see. They come to set you free. Beneath the rising moon. 'Cause you know...

Amity stepped forward too, reaching for his arm as she sang. The two sang together, though they sang different lyrics, and while Beiste thought it sounded perfect, Sue thought it was messy. She made this opinion known as soon as the song ended.

"What do you mean 'messy'?" Julie, who was in charge of the musical arrangements, asked. "It sounded perfect to me."

"That's exactly what I was thinking," Beiste said, turning her body towards Sue as she waited for an explanation.

"Well, the little Christian one," Sue began, "is being overpowered by the scrawny one's stage presence."

Dan and Amity looked at each other as Marley said, "I have to agree. I actually wrote down... Amity, you need to be just a little tougher. Dan, you're doing an amazing job. Amity, just work off of his energy so that you don't fall into the shadows up there."

Amity nodded, pulling a pen out of her bun and writing this on the margin of her script. Meanwhile, Dan was surprised to be the one upstaging others for once. He was so used to being unnoticed that now it was strange to be 'the star.' He still hadn't decided whether the added pressure of that outweighed the pros or not.

"Ok, once we wrap up that scene, we said we'd work on 'Mama Who Bore Me,'" Julie began.

"I did fine," Bree told her a bit defensively.

"Sorry, I meant the reprise," Julie clarified. "When all the girls join you, that needs to be a bit tighter as far as uping the energy without compromising the harmonies. So let's do that."

Marley nodded as Amity left the stage but Dan said, "Umm, Kitty isn't here. She's at a doctor's appointment."

"Oh, that's right," Sue said, suddenly remembering this key piece of information. "I forgot. She's excused."

"Another appointment?" Bree said, rolling her eyes. "What, is she dying or something? That's the third one this month!"

"Ok, in this case we should do a bit of acting exercises," Marley said. "Mr. Schue wanted—"

"—to introduce you all to your new acting coach," said Will as he walked in with a grin and a very handome guy behind him.

Shana gasped. "You're that guy from the Free Credit Rating Today commercials!" she exclaimed with excitement.

"Who?" asked Julie, confused. Marley shrugged, not knowing what this was about.

"Young Coop," said Sue, smiling and pushing her chest up as she stood to greet him.

"That's Cooper Anderson," Rory explained to his peers. "Blaine's big brother. He's a big deal in the credit rating commercial business."

"Ooh..." a few of them said, watching Cooper in awe.

"I came by to see my little brother," said Cooper with a Colgate smile as he stood with the adults, just in front of Julie and Marley in the first row. 

"Umm, Cooper," Will said, "Blaine graduated... Two years ago..."

"What?" Cooper said, confused. "Then why am I..?"

"I asked you to be the current New Directions' acting coach for their musical?" Will said.

"I thought you meant that because Blaine was here," Cooper said, looking around at all the kids and realizing none of those faces belonged to his brother. "Did he really graduate?"

"Class of 2013," Will said with an amused nod.

"Oh, I should drop by and give him a gift," Cooper said. "At...?"

"NYADA..." Will finished for him. "In New York..?"

"New York, really?" Cooper said, tilting his head as he pictured Blaine over a skyline of the Big Apple. "Hmm, always thought he'd want to follow in my footsteps and go to L.A."

"Anyway," Will said, addressing everyone else, "Cooper is going to stick around for a while and help you all out by running an acting workshop, seeing as he is a professional."

"This is the best day of my life," Bree said, staring at him in awe just like most of the other people in the room. With the exception of Julie, Marley, Alex, and Jake, everyone seemed to be big fans of Cooper's work, so it wasn't a surprise when they all fought over spots in his first session, requiring for Cooper to schedule a meeting with just the boys first, while the girls attended booty camp or Emma's sessions.

***

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

"Jesse," Quinn said, bumping into him at a sandwich parlor.

He turned as he grabbed his order and she walked towards him, having just given her order to the cashier. "Hi, Quinn!" he exclaimed, smiling as she joined him.

"I didn't know you liked it here," she said, looking around at the toned-down, simple people who surrounded them. "Doesn't seem like your kind of scene."

Jesse shrugged. "Food's great and healthy," he pointed out, "what's not to like?"

"Exactly!" she grinned back at him. "Listen, I've got to leave you now because Puck's going to call any second and we only get like five minutes a week so—"

"Oh no," he shook his head. "Don't worry about it. Have fun."

"Thanks," she smiled at him. "Enjoy your lunch and I'll see you whenever we're both over at Kurt and Blaine's place, I guess!"

***

LIMA, OHIO

"What do you know about theatre?" Cooper began, pacing the choir room as the boys sat in the first row attentively.

Rory raised his hand and said, "We should always project—"

"Nothing!" Cooper interrupted him, making him, Stefan and Dan jump up. "You know nothing. Lucky for you guys, I happen to be a professional actor who can teach you a thing or two. Lesson number one... Always point at the person you're talking to."

***

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

"Ok, let's see, I've got two auditions this Friday and then I have to fly to Philly later that night," Rachel said as she scribbled on her planner. "If I can make it back by Saturday night then—"

"What?" Kurt stopped her as he arranged his scarf. "You're not coming back that same night? But Rachel, it's Halloween!"

"So?" Rachel shrugged, having never been very into the holiday.

"So Blaine's going home for the weekend to be with his brother," Kurt began, "and I'm going to do that late night session with Miss July and—"

"She never invites me to do late night anything," Rachel muttered spitefully.

Kurt ignored her, "—so I really wanted you around so that I could walk home safely and—"

"Kurt, you'll be fine," Rachel laughed. "It's not a long walk and there's no reason to be freaked out when Quinn and Finn and practically everyone we know are around."

"They'll probably be out partying," Kurt rolled his eyes.

Rachel sighed. "If you're really worried about being alone, talk to Jesse or Brody," she said. "You're ok enough with both of them, right? I'm sure they wouldn't mind seeing as they're your classmates, for god's sake."

"Technically Brody is a TA since he graduated," Kurt pointed out.

"Ask for help," Rachel repeated, closing her agenda and taking it with her to her room.

***

LIMA, OHIO

"The girls are going to have their workshop tomorrow," said Cooper after having spent an hour with the boys. "And then you're going to get together later in the week and show them what you've got."

"Help them how?" Ryder asked. He had multiple pages worth of notes he'd been taking about how to be a better actor. Cooper Anderson was a genius.

Cooper smiled, pointing at him and, in a loud voice saying, "With your attitudes!" He turned to everyone else and explained, "As I've been saying, it's all about how you look and the vibe you give off. This play is about sexual repression. Everything is, according to Freud. So when the girls come in here, you need to be ready to follow along with him and give them your boyish vibes while maintaining your manliness."

"Could you maybe show us what you mean?" asked Rory with excitement. The others agreed.

"I was waiting for you to ask," Cooper grinned, nodding at the jazz players.

[Cue "The Bitch of Living" which is my absolute favorite number from Spring Awakening other than Touch Me. Look for it on YouTube if you've never seen it!!!]

As the guys began to tap their feet and clutch the notebooks with which they'd been taking notes, Cooper began to sing.

Cooper: God, I dreamed there was an angel who could hear me through the wall. As I cried out like in Latin, "This is so not life at all." Help me out, out of this nightmare. Then I heard her silver call. She said "Just give it time, kid. I come to one and all."

He pointed at Dan, who nervously shook while he began to sing, the rest of the guys following along with banging their legs up and down and twitching their shoulders. Alex was the only one who was sitting still, looking down at his notebook as the others raised the energy in the room.

Dan: She said give me that hand please. An itch you can't control. Let me teach you how to handle all the sadness in your soul. Oh we'll work that silver magic. Then we'll aim it at the wall. She said, "Love may make you blind, kid but I wouldn't mind at all."

The guys put their notebooks down and bounced in their seats, Jake standing on his chair.

All except Alex: It's the bitch of living
Jake: Bitch, just the bitch!
All except Alex: Nothing but your hand
Jake: Just the bitch, yeah!
All except Alex: Just the bitch of living. As someone you can't stand.

The guys sat back down, moving their shoulders up and down as Ryder stood on his chair now.

Ryder: See, each night it's like fantastic. Toss and turning without rest 'cause my days at the piano with my teacher and her breasts. And the music's, like, the one thing I can even get at all. And those breasts, I mean god. Please just let those apples fall...

He jumped off his chair, dancing in front of the second row of chairs with Jake and Rory as the others danced in front of the first row.

All except Alex: It's the bitch of living!
Jake: Bitch!
All except Alex: Ah ah ah. With nothing going on, nothing going on. Just the bitch of living. Asking "What went wrong?" Do they think we want this? Oh, who knows?

Alex continued to work on his notebook, resisting the urge to look up when Stefan and Rory stood on their chairs and sang. They had come to terms with the fact that they were each other's romantic interests, but it was still funny to their friends.

Rory: See, there's showering at gym class...
Stefan: Bobby Mayler, he's the best... Looks so nasty in those khakis...
Rory: God, my whole life's like some test.

Jake jumped onto the top of a chair and looked to the front as he sang.

Jake: Then there's Marianna Wheelan... As if she'd return my call.

Stefan leaned back on his chair, sideways as though he were lying down.

Stefan: It's like, just kiss some ass man. Then you can screw 'em all.

As the other guys harmonized together, Alex threw down his notebook and looked up. 

Alex: It's the bitch of living! 
All: It's the bitch of living...
Alex: And living in your head
All: In your head...
Alex: It's the bitch of living. And sensing god is dead.

He got up and started jumping around with them. Will walked in just in time to see that the energy was incredibly high and the guys were putting much more into the performance than they had before Cooper arrived, making him believe Cooper was truly a genius.

All (Alex): It's the bitch of living (you watch me, just watch me). And trying to get ahead (I'm calling, and one day). It's the bitch of living
Dan: Just getting out of bed...
All (Alex): It's the bitch of living, living, living (All will know). Getting what you get (All will know). Just the bitch of living.
Alex: And knowing this is it

The boys began to return back to their seats.

All: God, is this it? This can't be it...

They sat down all at the same time, firmly and just in time for their final line.

All: Oh god, what a bitch.

The music ended and though the guys were out of breath, they had enough energy to cheer on Cooper, who they mistakenly believed they owed all of their success to. Jake rolled his eyes and clapped along, though he knew his friends had it in them all along. In fact, if Will joined in on the numbers like Cooper had, it would make them feel relaxed enough to do what they'd just done on any given day, with or without Blaine's brother around.

"This is already looking ten times better," Will said with a smile. Cooper nodded and ordered for the guys to run through that number over and over again until it was time for everyone to get together.

***

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

"What are we doing again?" Artie asked as he, Blaine and Jesse walked into a NYADA classroom, which was absolutely new to him.

"We are serving as eye-candy," Blaine said proudly.

"Yes, but how?" asked Artie, having not felt very comfortable with the ID of being watched by a group of girls who expected him to look good.

Jesse grinned as the girls began to walk in and said, "We're just going to stand here and smile."

"Why?" Artie asked.

"Just stop asking questions please," Blaine said. "We're getting extra credit for this. They just need guys so that the girls can work on their moves. I'm gay and you two are single so I figured we were a good group."

Jesse shrugged when Artie gave him a confused look. Cassandra July walked in, followed by Brody, and, upon examing the boys, sighed, "You've got to be kidding me?" Blaine began to speak but she interrupted him with, "Forget it. You'll have to do. Just stand there and look pretty for my girls, will you? Ok, ladies, let's run through it a few times."

***

LIMA, OHIO

"Ok," Julie began, facing Emma. While the other girls worked on their acting in the auditorium with Cooper Anderson, she was faced with her first emotional counseling, which she was not looking forward to.

Emma waited for her to say something, but when she didn't cleared her throat and said, "Why don't we begin by talking about why you aren't starring in the musical. What happened, you just decided not to show up for your audition?"

Julie shook her head. "I, uh, I was really looking forward to auditioning," she explained. "But something more important came up. Someone needed me and I had to make a snap decision. I don't regret it."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Emma asked.

Julie sighed. While she knew Jake felt guilty for making her miss her audition, she felt even more guilty for encouraging him to get to know his father. She shouldn't have assumed it would be the same for him as it was for her, so she pushed him into a terrible position. 

"I guess there are a few things bugging me," she told Emma softly.

***

When Julie was done venting to Emma, she arrived in the auditorium just as Cooper was wrapping up his lesson. After taking a seat next to Marley, she looked up at Cooper and, seeing that everyone else had notebooks out, grabbed one of the pens on Amity's bun and put it to her arm, ready to do the same.

"What is it that helps a female make her presence known?" Cooper quizzed the girls. "Is it... her scent?" He turned to all of them dramatically. "Is it... her stare?" He added. "Or maybe... her voice?"

"All of the above?" said Shana hopefully.

"Try none," Cooper told her. The girls all jotted this down, except for Julie, who wrote Que??? and looked up, confused. She turned to Marley, who shrugged and wrote down whatever Cooper was saying.

"A girl must make herself stand out," Cooper said, "in the same way as any other guy."

"Equality," Kitty said, nodding with approval. Julie, who hadn't noticed her or seen her all day, turned to her questioningly.

"So a final recap before we see what you have," Cooper said. "While in song, what should you do?"

"Point at your partner," Amity called out, happy to get his smile as approval.

"What else?" he asked.

"Make a disorder," Bree said, raising her hand up as she called out the answer.

"Yes!" Cooper exclaimed. "If you don't let loose and run around like there's a fire, you'll look bored, you'll become bored, and you'll make your audience get bored. Alright, let's run through one of the numbers. Umm, jazz boys, give us one of their songs, will you?"

[Cue "My Junk" from Spring Awakening.]

The girls all got up, with Julie trying to keep up, confused. Bree stepped forward, already in character as she caressed her own neck.

Bree: In the midst of this nothing. This miss of a life. Still there's this one thing just to see you go by.

Unique joined her, a hand on her shoulder.

Unique: It's almost like lovin'. Sad as that is.

As Harmony and Kitty stepped forward, Cooper reminded Unique to point, which she did.

Harmony: May not be cool, but it's so where I live.
Kitty: It's like I'm your lover or more like your ghost. I spend the day wondering what you do, where you go.
Harmony: I try and just kick it but then what can I do. We've all got our junk, and my junk is you.

The girls started dancing around in a messy disarray of arms flinging up and down and heads bobbing from side to side.

Girls: See us, winter walking after a storm. It's chill in the wind but it's warm in your arms. Stumble snow blind, may not be true. We've all got our junk, and my junk is you.

***

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

Brody was a pro and Jesse was pretty great, but the other guys struggled. They didn't expect that standing still (or in Artie's case, sitting) while beautiful girls danced around them would be so difficult. Artie tried to keep his eyes on Brody and do what he did as the latter followed the girls who surrounded him with his gaze.

Brody: Well, you'll have to excuse me, I know it's so off. I love when you do stuff that's rude and so wrong.

Jesse had enough practice at being sexy from his time in Vocal Adrenaline—after all, it was he who had led them for so long.

Jesse: I go up to my room, turn the stereo on... Shoot up some you, and the you is some song.

Blaine tried to keep up, but he was always too tempted to dance or smile and ruined the illusion of mystery that his friends managed to create.

***

Marley: I lie back just driftin' and play out these scenes. I ride on the rush of all the hopes and all the dreams.

Cooper gave her a small shove, urging her to get involved in the action and causing her to crash into Amity.

Amity: I may be neglecting the things I should do. But we've all got our junk, and my junk is you.

The girls continued to dance around. Although it wasn't as fun as dancing and singing with the guys, Cooper enjoyed seeing them so energized and ready to follow with whatever command he gave them.

All: See we still keep talkin' after you're gone. You still with me then feels so good in my arms. They say you go blind, maybe it's true. We've all got our junk, and my junk is you.

***

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

Artie was surprisingly much better after copying Brody's look. In fact, once he'd taken on the mannequin-like demeanor, he found that more girls were going to him than Blaine and almost as many as were surrounding Jesse.

All: It's like we stop time. What can I do? We've all got our junk, and my junk is you. My junk is you. My junk is you.

***

LIMA, OHIO

All: You. You. You.

The girls fell into a fit of giggles after the song ended, their energies high up thanks to Cooper. When he said their session was ending, they moaned and groaned, wanting to do this again.

"Sorry," he told them, "but I have to go say hello to my parents and call my baby brother. I'll see you all on Halloween for a final showdown."

When he was gone and the girls began to collect their things, Bree complained, "We won't get to have his amazing lessons until Friday. That's insane."

"I know," Unique agreed, shaking her head. "What are we supposed to do until then?"

"Well, tomorrow is Booty Camp," Julie said, sounding way more excited than anyone thought she should be. "Oh, come on girls! Even if it's not mandatory, you should all go so we can show up the guys. I kind of bet Jake I could get you all to be better than he could do with the guys. And considering who he's got, I think we can do it. Please?"

Bree rolled her eyes. "Alright, I'll bite," she said.

"I guess I'm always up for some boys versus girls," Kitty sighed.

"Yay, I'll go, too!" Shana exclaimed. They turned to Harmony and Amity.

Harmony shrugged and Amity nodded. "Then I guess I'll see all of you there tomorrow!" Julie cheered. "Oh, but maybe some of you should stay for a bit now just, you know, for some extra practice." The girls stayed back with Julie as asked to do and before they knew it, they had spent two hours rehearsing. 

"I don't know how she does it," Marley, who was sore from all the practice, told Amity as they walked to the auditorium the next day. "She's got all this energy and ever since she switched back to her old medicine she's just got all this repressed energy to kill."

"She does practice a lot," Amity agreed with a nod. When they walked towards the stage, they saw that Julie was already there, practicing a few dance moves with Jake. When they saw them, they stopped and asked them to change into their clothes and join them. Meanwhile, Jake went to gather his troops.

"Let's go be better than the girls," was all Jake had to tell them to get them to charge towards the auditorium, ready to handle whatever was coming. When they were all together, Julie and Jake stood in front of them and began leading them through dance exercises.

Thirty minutes in, half of the New Directions were already exhausted, so Jake gave them a break, during which Julie said, "My girls are killing it."

"My guys are still better," he said.

Julie scoffed, "Stefan trips over his arm... His own arm, Jake."

"Better in general," Jake corrected himself. "Besides, he's good when he doesn't have to sing. He can't chew gum and walk at the same time to save his life. Other than that, he's still good enough to beat any one of your girls."

"Oh yeah?" Julie asked. "You want to prove it?"

"Oooooh..." Shana, Unique and Stefan cooed collectively.

"Don't instigate," Jake glared at them, turning back to Julie. "Fine. My guys against your guys."

Julie laughed. "You realize you only have five guys and two of them aren't even here, right?"

He looked around, just realizing that Rory, who was doing his counseling session, and Dan, who had gone home early for a scheduled dentist appointment, were missing. "Fine," Jake sighed. "Then my best three and me against you and your best three."

"Easy," Julie said. "Kitty, Bree, and Shana. Get over here." The girls followed orders, standing behind her.

Jake rolled his eyes as the guys waited to be called on. "Alex, Ryder and Stefan, aka the only three guys other than myself," he told them. "Please, join me up here." The boys followed, standing behind Jake just as the girls had done for Julie.

Julie smiled smugly, knowing this wasn't a battle she would lose. "Break is over ladies," she said. "We have to prove to these boys why it is that we girls like it when a guy can actually keep up with us on the dance floor."

Jake raised his eyebrows as the girls teased and mocked them. "What song?" he asked. 

"I'll make it one in which your team won't be 'distracted by the singing,'" she said. "Amity, can you go—"

Kitty, who had been just as pumped as the other girls seconds earlier, suddenly felt sick. She clutched onto her stomach with one hand and put a hand to her mouth with the other before running backstage. After hearing her gag a few times, Jake smiled at Julie and said, "Looks like you're down a player."

"Not a problem," she responded. "Amity, you're joining us."

"But I—" she protested, not feeling up to the challenge.

Julie pulled her aside and said, "You've got this. You're a much better dancer than they realize and you've got to be more confident about it. Don't be afraid to be a little... Sexy..."

Amity looked terrified at the sound of that word, never having thought of herself as such a thing. "I'll go put the song," Harmony said, trying to hide the fact that she'd clearly expected to be called forward instead of Amity. She rushed to the sound board and played the song they'd spent the previous afternoon practicing. 

The guys, who had no idea just how prepared the girls really were, warmed up just in time for the music to begin, looking up to find that the girls were already in formation and ready to begin.

[Cue "Move" by Little Mix. I love this song. It's fun. So if you haven't seen the music video, go watch it because that's how I picture them to be dancing!]

Girls: Mmh. Mmh. Mmh. Mmh. Mmh (ah) Mmh (ah) Mmh...

Julie stepped forward and waved a hand at Jake as she began.

Julie: Hey baby. Tell me your name. I got a fever for you. I just can't explain. But there's just one problem. I'm a bit old school. When it comes to lovin'. I ain't chasing you.

With her index finger she indicated for him to come towards her and when he did, she rolled under his arm and began to dance in front of him. Although she took him by surprise, he was well-prepared to join her.

Julie: Ain't waiting. I'm on a roll... You've got to let yourself go!

Bree was just as fierce, if not more, when she stepped forward and grabbed Ryder, forcing him to follow her lead. Jake continued to dance with Julie, though when he saw that Ryder was letting a girl lead, he shook his head with disappointment and hoped the other guys wouldn't fall into the same trap.

Bree (Jake): Oh (talk to me). You know that I've been waiting for you (and I noticed you, too). Don't leave me standing all by myself (I won't leave you standing all alone). 'Cause I ain't looking at no one else (oh, baby).

Bree and Julie left the guys to stand behind Amity, who was forced to bring out her inner-Cheerio. In formation once again, the four girls impressed the guys with their well-rehearsed choreography.

Amity: Hey, get your back off the wall. Don't you get comfortable. Looking so hot, I think that I might fall, woo! Feeling like it's my birthday. Like Christmas day came early. Just what I want. So when we move. You move.

The girls headed for the guys, with Shana and Amity respecting their friendships enough to put up with each other's guys. When Shana forced Alex into her choreography, he sighed and followed along, a small part of him having hoped that she'd go after Stefan and leave Amity to him.

Girls: Hey, get your back off the wall. Don't you get comfortable. Looking so hot, I think that I might fall. Feeling like it's my birthday. Like Christmas day came early. Just what I want. So when we move. You move.

The girls retreated, except for Shana, who smiled at Alex in an attempt to get him to let loose with her for a moment. He rolled his eyes and did just that as she danced with him. The other girls danced behind them, waiting for their time to cut in.

Shana: Oh silly. Why you afraid? Don't be a big baby. Quit playing games. Put your arms around me. You know what to do. And we can take it down low...

When Kitty returned and saw that they had gone on without her, she somberly took a seat with Marley, Unique and Harmony on the sidelines. A girl like her could never get used to being shoved off to the side, especially when it was by her best friends.

Bree with girls (Boys): Oh. You know that I've been waiting for you (for you!) Don't leave me standing all by myself (myself!) Cause I ain't looking at no one else (looking at no one else, looking at no one else).

Julie smiled at Jake as she stepped in front of him and rolled her hair on his face. 

Julie: Hey, yeah, yeah

He laughed and continued to dance with her, glad to see that now that she was dancing she seemed much happier than she had in the past weeks. 

Girls (Julie): (Oh) Get your back off the wall. (Oh) Don't you get comfortable. Looking so hot, I think that I might fall. Feeling like it's my birthday. Like Christmas day came early. Just what I want. So when we move. You move.

They kept dancing through the chorus again, with the guys unable to take charge. When Will walked into the auditorium and saw the showdown on stage, he smiled. He was always happy when he could see the kids take over for themselves. Besides, it was nice to see some of the big leagues like Julie, Bree, Jake and Ryder mixing it up with the more reticent ones like Shana, Amity, Stefan and Alex.

Shana: I know that you wanna. But you can't cause you gotta stay cool in the corner when the truth is that you wanna move. So move.

Seeing her leading the other girls as fiercely as anyone could, Unique smiled proudly at what a leader Shana was becoming, confident that she'd be just fine in glee club after these seniors graduated.

Shana: I know that you wanna. But you can't cause you gotta stay cool in the corner when the truth is that you wanna move.
Girls: So move!

As Bree stepped forward and showed off her impressive vocals, the girls, including those who had sat out, harmonized for her.

Bree: Move it baby, oh! You know that I've been waiting for you, ooh! Don't leave me standing all by myself. Cause I ain't looking at no one else. Looking at no one else. Looking at no one else!

The girls jumped back in with the guys, who by now were completely caught on in the routine and able to lead a bit more. However, even Will, who hadn't been around for very long, could tell that they were beat this time around.

Girls: Hey! Hey! I'm ready, hey! Boy come and get me. Don't be scared. Show me what you do Don't you know a girl like a boy who moves? Hey! Hey! I'm ready, hey! Boy come and get me. Don't be scared. Show me what you do. Don't you know a girl like a boy who moves?

Jake and Julie were now back in the front of the mini-pyramid they had formed on the stage and, as he reached for her arm, he got a strange sensation that he couldn't shake-off. Dancing so close to each other and wearing the clothes that they were wearing, all he could think of next was all the things he could do if they were alone and she'd let him.

Girls: Hey! Get your back off the wall. Don't you get comfortable. Looking so hot, I think that I might fall. Feeling like it's my birthday. Like Christmas day came early. Just what I want. So when we move. You move.

Amity laughed as she and Stefan split up and the girls made a row in front of the guys. She'd never had so much fun while dancing before because she'd always been thinking about how she'd look next to these girls. But being told she was good by someone like Julie... It was definitely not bad for her confidence.

Girls: Hey! Hey! I'm ready, hey! Boy come and get me. Don't be scared. Show me what you do. Don't you know a girl like a boy who moves!

When the music ended, Will clapped for them. "That was amazing!" he exclaimed. "I don't know what's the reason for the increased energy this week but it's great. And just in time because I just got great news."

"Hillary Clinton's running for president?" Kitty asked. Her friends shot her weird looks, unaware that she was highly interested in politics.

"Umm, not that," Will said, shaking his head. "We have been asked to be the entertainment at this year's Halloween Carnival."

"We're having a Halloween Carnival?" Marley said, confused.

Bree scowled as she said, "Duh, you're welcome. But wait... I didn't schedule us, I got us a DJ."

"For budget reasons we can't afford one," Will said.

"Julie?" Bree said, turning to her friend quizzically.

"But we checked the budget and..." Julie began, shaking her head. "There's no way I did the math wrong..."

"Anyway," Will ignored them, "this is a great opportunity to get a break from Spring Awakening and do other songs."

"Yes!" Shana exclaimed, turning to Bree. "Girl, we can finally do 'Black Widow' like we've been wanting to!" 

"Not exactly," Will told her, making her smile fade. "According to Principal Hallman, your only guidelines are to sing appropriate, Halloween-themed music."

"Seriously?" Jake rolled his eyes. "All the Halloween songs are for kids and we're expected to sing them at a high school carnival?"

"Oh and you have to wear costumes," he told them, giving them a hopeful smile. Some of the kids were excited and the others groaned. However, after the previous year's Halloween Bash disaster, Julie was ready to make the day her favorite holiday once again and she knew just what song to sing for it.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

219K 3.2K 42
Sofia Lopez is one of the newest New Directions members who is Santana's sister. It's a new year at William McKinley High School and It's her dream t...
17.3K 823 27
"What's up, blogosphere? Jacob Ben Israel here, back on the street with an exclusive look at McKinley's newest celebrities, the New Directions!" Winn...
54.6K 696 38
Arica Dayton was the new girl at McKinley High, a mute. She had a rough past and wanted to make her future better. She had lost all hope, until she j...
302K 6.6K 89
With all of its original members gone, the glee club must struggle to survive at McKinley High School. Having taken the club by a storm the last year...