Fight Song

Av itzphoebe

[COMPLETED] Joe Sugg is one of the best dancers of the British Dance Company, the UK's leading dance academy... Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Extra Chapter
Next Book

Chapter 27

661 19 5
Av itzphoebe

Dianne's PoV
We all headed out onto the stage, the winners about to be announced. I was praying to every single god that Australia would win. I wasn't religious, but in times like this I still prayed. We had nothing to lose.

"Fingers crossed," Katie took my hand as we stood with our team on the left side of the stage.

I nodded, squeezing her hand as I took Andrew's in the other. We all stood there in silence, the atmosphere buzzing. What would happen? Who would win? It was all I wanted, to bring the victory home for my team.

"Thank you dancers for your wonderful efforts," a voice rumbled through the speakers. "You've put on a show, but now it is time to announce the winner of the competition."

I held my breath, staring at the ground. Please.

Joe's PoV
"And the winner of the 24th Elite Dance Internationals is..."

I held my breath, gripping my teammates hands, praying we'd done enough to take home the title. We were the current reigning champions, and to lose our title would be devastating.

"Please..." I heard my sister whisper, her eyes closed. I squeezed her hand and she squeezed mine back.

"THE BRITISH DANCE COMPANY!"

All you could hear were screams. The audience erupted in cheers and applause, my whole team was screaming with joy, jumping up and down and hugging one another. It was the place I felt most at home. I glanced over to the Australian team, all of them clapping supportively, Dianne smiling. I felt bad for her, but it was ultimately a competition, so I couldn't feel too sorry.

"Congrats," Dianne approached me and shook my hand, as everyone in both teams did too.

"Thanks," I grinned.

"We'll beat you next year though," she smirked.

"Game on, Buswell," I smirked back.

Zoe and I lifted the trophy together as our team jumped up and down. It was the best feeling in the world. Nothing could ruin this day for me.

———

Dianne's PoV
I was sat in mine and Katie's hotel room, both of us laying on our beds flipping through tv channels. It sucked not winning, particularly in our own country. We'd worked so hard...

"There's always next year," Katie said for like the fourteenth time since we lost.

"I know," I repeated again.

Just then, there was a very excited rapping at our door.

"Probably one of our British friends," Katie sighed, getting up and answering it.

It wasn't that we were bitter, because we had a nice group of friends on the winning team. We just felt a bit lost. We had Regionals in December, but there wasn't really anything exciting at Regionals. Nationals was more fun, but that was March. And for Internationals, which was the best, it would be another whole year.

"Hey!" to our absolute surprise, it was Andrew who came into our room, not a UK team member.

"You know we lost right?" Katie looked at him sceptically as she sat back on her bed.

"Well yeah," Andrew shrugged. "But I just got the most amazing phone call!"

"What is it?" I asked, intrigued. He was ecstatic, so it had to be something pretty good considering we'd just lost Internationals.

"I got a phone call from the producers of a British television programme called Strictly Come Dancing, and they want me as one of their pros!" he grinned. "Two of their pros have been unable to make this year, so they've been scouting for new ones. One of the producers came here to watch the British Dance Company, because apparently they've performed on Strictly before, and they want me!"

"Oh my god Andrew that's insane!" I gasped, running up to hug him. "But that means you won't be here for Regionals..."

"Di, this is Strictly Come Dancing," Andrew emphasised. "I've got my chance to be a professional dancer. Rehearsals start in two days, so I'm going to be flying back with the British kids and Neil has said I can stay with him!"

"Wait, the Brits knew before us?!" Katie looked betrayed. I must admit, I felt a little betrayed too.

"I needed somewhere to stay, only Neil knows," Andrew said.

"Nope," Katie shook her head. "If you've told Neil, you may as well have put it on a goddamned billboard!"

"Oh," Andrew laughed. "Oh well. Ah, I'm so excited! But yeah, it does mean that I'll have to quit the team..."

"Where are you gonna train though?" I asked. "Like you can't just stop training."

"Of course I won't," he said. "I'll be too busy with Strictly for a while, but if I don't get a place on the tour Shirley has said I'm more than welcome to take classes at the British Dance Company."

"Omg you traitor," Katie said, faking hurt. "Trading us in for a rival studio."

"Relax," Andrew laughed. "I'm not joining their team, just taking latin and ballroom and contemporary classes. Maybe some others too. Shirley has also said I can teach my own classes if I like which would be so cool."

"That's amazing Andrew," I smiled, but it felt forced. I was losing my big brother. I mean, I understood. He was 19, one of the eldest on any team here at Internationals. Most were aged 14-18, even though the age limits were 12-21. It was time for him to move on, and he'd just landed a professional dancing role on National television in the UK. I'd just never danced on a team without Andrew.

"I'll always be a phone call away, and you'll be fine without me," Andrew read my mind. "Di, you're so good at what you do. You don't need me anymore."

I chewed my lip and nodded. He was right, I had to step up now, not rely on my big brother all the time.

"I'm gonna go call mum and dad," he said. "See ya later little Red."

"Bye," I laughed, watching as he ran happily out the room.

Joe's PoV
The excitement of winning hadn't faded, but the realisation that I'd be leaving Dianne the next day was starting to sink in.

"YOOOOOOO!" Neil came running in, basically crushing me and Zoe.

"May we help you?" Zoe asked, shoving him.

"You'll never guess what," he said, shoving Zoe back.

"What?" Zoe asked, shoving him again.

"Andrew Buswell is joining Strictly Come Dancing this year! And he's gonna be living with me! He's flying back with us tomorrow!" Neil grinned.

"NO WAY OMG!" Zoe grinned. "Joe, this means Dianne could visit! You won't have to wait a full year to see her again!"

"Firstly, don't remind me I have to leave her," I said, taking my turn to shove Zoe, "and second, that's actually an extremely good point and I really hope she does."

"More news," Shirley came up to us, smiling widely.

"Yeah, Andrew is being a Strictly pro this year!" Neil grinned.

"I meant on top of that," she laughed. "I'm going to become the new head judge on Strictly, and they've already said they want us back to perform at Blackpool and in the Finals!"

"Wait for real?!" Zoe gaped.

"Oh my god this is crazy!" I said, grinning massively. "My life is being absorbed by Strictly Come Dancing."

"Bro, next year we're gonna make Strictly," Neil said.

"We're sixteen," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Bro, some day we're gonna make Strictly," Neil corrected himself, and we all laughed.

———

Dianne's PoV
I woke up the next morning knowing in a few hours Joe would be leaving for the airport. He'd gone to the celebration party after the competition finished, but I'd been way too tired, so Katie and I had stayed in our room watching Disney movies eating popcorn. It was also a good way to get my mind off not seeing Joe again for a whole damn year. However, that night had gone, and I now only had a few hours with him until he left. We'd agreed to meet at 9am before they had to leave at 2pm, just so we got to spend as much time together as we could.

Joe: you ready?

Dianne: just walking down, the cafe right?

Joe: yes indeed, i just ordered us two ice caramel frappuccinos

Dianne: you truly do know the way to my heart

Joe: everyone can admit I'm perfect *hair toss*

Dianne: you don't have any hair to toss😂

Joe: *tosses imaginary long hair*

I laughed, putting my phone away as I walked into the cafe.

"Well hello there," Joe said, embracing me then kissing me softly.

"Hey," I smiled back.

"Our final hours," Joe said sadly.

"Don't put it like that," I frowned. "This isn't goodbye. It's just...see you later."

"See you later," Joe smiled and nodded, "I like that."

"Of course you do, I said it," I smiled and tossed my hair. "And I also have real hair to toss. Fully winning."

He rolled his eyes and shook his head, laughing. "I really love you, I hope you know that."

"I do," I smiled and held his hands across the table. We might've been in different team jackets, but we were the same team at heart. "I love you too."

We spent a while just sat there, drinking our frappuccinos and enjoying each other's company, talking about anything but leaving. It was going to be awful saying goodbye.

Just then, we got a message from Briar to our group chat. I hadn't heard from them for a while to be honest.

Briar: wassup my dudes, we need to meet before we all leave - when's everyone's flights?? Ours is 6pm and we're not leaving til 3, but my pal from America is leaving in like an hour so I wanna know when y'all are departing

Joe: My flight is at 5, but we're leaving the hotel at 2

Neil: Im also leaving at 2

Joe: we're on the same goddamned flight

Neil: separate seats, I also wanted to give my input

Joe: i spoke for both of us

Neil: i don't recall giving you permission to speak for me

Briar: aw i'm honestly gonna miss you guys so much

Neil: well obviously, i'm such a remarkable human and everyone misses me the moment they're not around me - Joe is current with Dianne away from me, but I bet he misses me

Joe: beyond untrue

Neil: the boy lies

Briar: ok you HAVE to make it to the next Internationals or like preferably make a trip to Canada before that bc I'm gonna miss you a LOT

Zoe: Briar we're gonna miss you too - i'm on the same flight as the two idiots btw x

Joe: uhm i'm no idiot

Neil: that's debatable

Joe: blocked and reported

Neil: the audacity

Caspar: Briar might miss you, but you give me a headache even on text😂 We're leaving for our flight at 1:30pm btw

Dianne: okay so maybe we all meet at 1? we can then chill together for a while before we have to go

Katie: sounds like a plan - also yes Joe and Neil, particularly Neil, give me a headache too Caspar

Neil: I am a victim of a hate crime.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. I was definitely going to miss Neil.

Briar: brill, meet y'all at the coffee place at 1 xox

I checked the time before putting my phone away. 12:15pm.

"I need to get my stuff down to the lobby before we meet everyone," Joe said. "Maybe at 12:30 we head on down to mine and Neil's room and you can chill with us for a bit."

"Sounds good to me," I nodded. As long as I was around him, everything was wonderful. Everything was...perfect.

Briar's PoV
The day had come. We were all leaving to go back to our respective countries, our next 'big' competition being Regionals. For Internationals teams, Regionals was so boring, but I suppose we had to go through it to get to Internationals again.

I was standing with Milo, and everyone on our group chat had agreed to meet up before we all had to leave. We had fifteen minutes until we were supposed to meet everyone, but we were prepared bitches and had already given our luggage to the front desk to hold onto and checked out of our room. We were: amazing.

Briar: cmonnnnn I'm missing y'all

Dianne: you said 1pm! It's 12:47 bitch we'll be down at 1pm

Briar: smh

Caspar: dw Briar I'm on my way down now

Briar: ayyyy at least SOMEONE knows the time

Neil: YOU SAID 1PM! FINE! IM COMING NOW! ARE YOU HAPPY?

Briar: YES I AM

Neil: GOOD YOU SHOULD BE

Katie: I'M ALSO ON MY WAY DOWN SO IM PREPARED TOO ASSHOLES

Zoe: WHY ARE WE SHOUTING

Neil: BECAUSE WE ARE LEGENDS

Joe: UNNECESSARY SHOUTING

Neil: ok fine i'll be quiet

Just then, Caspar came into view, so I put my phone away, and about thirty seconds later Katie came out of an elevator too.

"Hey!" I grinned, running up to them.

We all hugged and started chatting about the competition. Neil soon arrived, followed quickly by Zoe, and then Joe and Dianne. Damn I was gonna miss these guys.

"You've become like my family for this past week," I laughed as we were all sitting around a table.

"Not gonna lie, I've felt a bit like I've been in an episode of Friends," Katie said.

"On multiple occasions," Dianne added.

"It's like we had a whole season of Friends without even meaning to," Zoe laughed. "No complaints though, this has been fun as hell."

"Made even better by the fact we won," Neil chose to flex his muscles.

"We've got you all next year," I said, chucking some of my fries at him.

"This must be Bully Neil Day," Neil pretended to fake cry. I would miss his overdramatic personality a lot.

"We should group FaceTime every day," I suggested.

"Every day is excessive," Milo raised his eyebrows.

"Okay, like let's just say 'often', yeah?" I looked at my friends.

"Often sounds good," Joe smiled, and the others nodded.

We talked for a long time, until Caspar left, and we took a group photo, and me and Caspar took photos together separately, because he really had become my best friend on this trip.

"I'll miss you buddy," I said to him.

"Until next time," he smiled as his friend Byron joined him.

"Until next time," I nodded, waving him off.

Shortly after, Joe, Neil, Zoe and Andrew had to leave. Watching Dianne say goodbye to her big brother was hard, but watching Joe and Dianne day goodbye was harder. They were both crying, hugging each other tight. I couldn't imagine having to leave Milo for a solid year. It would be far too hard.

"Remember, it's not a goodbye, it's just see you later," Dianne wiped her eyes.

"See you later," Joe whispered, and they kissed, which I immediately turned away for. Private moment. I decided to say goodbye to Zoe and Neil instead.

"Bye bitch," Neil grinned.

"I'm really gonna miss your dramatic personality," I laughed, pulling him in for a hug.

"And I'll miss your fiercely competitive nature," Neil grinned. "But just wait another 12 months and we'll be back again."

"It'll go by so quick," Zoe nodded.

"I hope so," I smiled.

Then, the Brits were gone. We had to comfort Dianne a lot, because she was quite rightly distraught at losing Joe. They'd taken a lot of goodbye photos and said they'd FaceTime every day, but it wasn't the same. I knew it wasn't and the fact that I couldn't do anything to help her was the worst feeling. I was almost glad when Milo and I had to leave.

That was it. Another Internationals gone. Until next time...

Katie's PoV
They'd all left, with me comforting Dianne. She'd just lost Joe and Andrew. Her boyfriend and her big brother. I couldn't imagine what she was going through. I sighed. That was it. Until next time...

Zoe's PoV
Joe was crying all the way to the airport. It was horrible to watch. I was actually going back to see my boyfriend, Alfie, who nobody really knew about. I was excited. Joe had just left his first girlfriend for a whole year. I hoped they'd meet each other again because of Andrew. But Internationals and our friends were over and gone until next time.

Neil's PoV
"Until next time, Internationals," I waved as our plane took off.

Caspar's PoV
Landing back in South Africa was the hardest. We hadn't won, and I'd just lost my friends. And being back home, the reality of Internationals being over had really sunk in.

"Until next time," I sighed, looking up at the sky.

Dianne's PoV
I was sobbing for countless hours. I knew it was going to be difficult leaving him, but I didn't realise quite how difficult. We would FaceTime every day, and he'd said he'd call me the moment he landed in England. But it wasn't the same. It was over until next time, when we'd reunite.

Joe's PoV
"It'll be okay," Andrew said to me on the plane when I'd woken from my nap.

"It won't be," I mumbled. I wasn't ashamed to say I cried until I'd cried myself to sleep. After waking up, I just felt...empty. I couldn't cry anymore, and I wasn't sad, I wasn't happy...it was as though I'd never feel anything again.

"Look, she'll probably come and visit during Strictly, so you won't have to wait a year," Andrew said. I nodded. He was right. I'd just have to keep holding on until then.

Until next time.

So that's it! Until next time (the sequel). I hope y'all enjoyed it! Turn the page for a bonus chapter about the Strictly final and a little foreshadowing for the next book! Thank you all so much for reading it, this means a lot!

I'm writing the second book now, but idk when the first chapter will be up because I'm still making a few decisions about who to put on the team and how I want situations to play out! It'll be soon though!

My insta is buswellsugg if you ever wanna dm me about anything you like haha. Thanks for reading! - B xo

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

8K 154 30
YouTuber Joe Sugg falls in love with dance but will he fall in love with his dance partner as well? They seem to be perfect for each other but with D...
20.2K 649 40
Dianne Buswell is an ordinary girl with a passion and talent for making others happy. Dianne loves a fairytale ending. Maybe she'll get one herself? ...
51.5K 1.3K 35
FINISHED💫 16 year old Dianne Buswell has moved to England from Australia in the hopes of getting more from her dancing career. She settles into her...
66K 2.3K 78
First Book. Second Book is called Forever Yours Joe and Dianne meet a few years before strictly then get partnered together. They don't know what to...