I Was Joking

By chloeh928

"Boss, the test is a match." "Oh come on, Fri. Not you too.", Tony jokingly pleaded, smirking at Rhodey. "I... More

Fun and Games
Look Familiar?
Most Important Meal
Uhh....Surprise?
"WHAT THE FU-"
Have A Seat
Another Walk About
IIIIIII'm About To Whip-
Internet Safety
Family Bonding
Baby Stark doo doo doodoo doodoo
BET!
Surprisingly, Talking does Help.
Dad Club Group Chat
Which way do I swing? I don't know, I don't play baseball.
Well Alrighty Then
A/N: Tagged
B-Baka!!
We'll Be Right Back
Mama Stark doo doo doodoo doodoo
Fun Sized!!
Can We Talk About Something Else?
I Hate/Love This Family.
Can of Worms
Yes. Definitely. Absolutely. (Not)
Here Comes The Bride
Spooder-Man
DADDY STARK DOO DOO DOODOODOODOO
2 #9s, #9 Large, #6 with Extra Dip, #7, 2 #45s One With Cheese, and A Large Soda
If I Could Begin To Be
Second Star To The Right
There's Nothing Like Summer In The City
What You Gonna Do When The Chips Are Down?
Check Michelle, Choose Michelle, Vote for Michelle Jones
Grandma Stark doo doo doodoo doodoo
Grandpa Stark doo doo doodoo doodoo
No, I'm Not Crying. It's Just...Allergies.
Could you just--stop growing up?
Whoops! Wrong Chat. How y'all doin'?

It Doesn't Matter If You're By Me or Across The Country; I'm There For You

5.7K 246 167
By chloeh928

"Are we sure all of this is going to fit in those tiny dorm rooms?", Peter remarked as he carried the last five boxes of his stuff to the car. That was one positive thing about revealing your identity to the world, at least. You didn't have to try and fake not having powers anymore.

Of course, that doesn't really compare to getting stopped on the street every five seconds for something to the point where what should've been a thirty minute errand became something that took him all afternoon, or having Fury breathing down his neck because he still wasn't technically old enough to sign the reformed Accords but whatever. His fault for being an Itsy Bitsy dumb*ss.

"I'm sure you can make it work.", May responded, helping him organize boxes in the car that Tony had gotten him. "I would hope that my lessons on efficient packing come in handy." "Well they're coming in handy right now.", the college freshman remarked. "I didn't realize I had so much stuff."

"No one really does until they move somewhere else.", his aunt pointed out, recalling her own memories of college. Man, times have changed since then.

After shoving the final box into the car, May shut the door and walked to Peter. She froze for a moment, looking at her boy who had grown up, before wrapping her arms around him in the biggest bear hug she could manage. "Call.", Parker instructed, whispering to prevent her voice from cracking. "Let me know how orientation goes." "I will. I will.", the young adult reassured, burying his head in her shoulder despite the fact that he was taller. "I love you. So much." "I love you too." After staying like that, the two pulled apart with a faint smile. Peter slowly stepped into the drivers seat, started the car, and moved off the driveway, stopping to wave at the woman who basically raised him between every move. The last time, before he drove off, his wave was accompanied by that dorky little smile he made when he got excited about something. Of course, why wouldn't he be excited. May, being the strong woman she always was, waved before heading in, holding her breakdown back until she saw his empty room.

When the freshman showed up at the dorm building he was assigned to, his father, who had kept his promise to help move Peter in, was found leaning against his Audi while messing with his phone. The sound of said teen closing his truck door was what made the man look up before putting his phone away. "Well, look who finally showed up.", Tony remarked with no real heat. "Sorry, I just had to make sure that Aunt May wasn't going to be a crying mess before I left." "Bold to assume she wouldn't be. And that I won't be too." "What's our info?", Stark asked, looking at the multi-level building. "Last I checked, second floor, five doors down to the right." Tony briskly nodded, moving to grab the first box in his sight. "Better start moving before people start stopping us then.", he suggested, hauling the cardboard box to the main entrance. "Good idea.", his son agreed, moving to pick up his own. He could already hear the sound of multiple clicking cameras.

It took a little over an hour to get everything loaded up on Peter's side of the noticeably empty bedroom. When they finished, the two caught their breaths while surveying the area.
"That it?", Tony asked. Peter froze for a moment, before nodding his head. "Y-yeah." "Anything else?" "Can't think of anything." Once the two weren't panting anymore, Tony leaned against the door. "Plans?", the adult asked, creating a casual tone in the room. "Lots of looking around, memorizing places. Putting up stuff here." The room drew to a silence as Tony drew his gaze towards the hardwood floor before looking back up at the grown man in front of him. "I'm proud of you, kid. You know that?" "Y-yeah. Is everything alright?", Peter asked, voice laced with confusion and concern. Tony gave an airy chuckle with no humor. "Well, it's just that my son just finished moving his things into his college dorm and is all grown up and—God, come here son.", Tony breathed, pulling Peter into a tight hug. "Not even gone yet and you're experiencing empty nest syndrome.", his son remarked, breathing a chuckle. "My nest isn't entirely empty yet, but I think Morgan may experience withdrawals when she learns that her big Bubba Pe'er can't come home to be her entertainment or pillow the moment she starts whimpering.", Tony countered in the banter.

The two walked in silence before Tony asked in a fond voice, "You'll be alright?" "...think so.", came the timid answer, after a moments pause. The man smiled as he noted, "I'll be counting down the days until you can come visit. And you better." "I will!!", Peter retaliated, finding his voice again.

Once the two had gotten to the parking lot, Tony stopped before turning to Peter. He took a moment to inspect him; everything that's changed, from the poor excuse for fuzz on his chin to the energetic, ambitious look in his eyes. The whole process reminded him of when they had first learned that they were father and son through blood. It opened his eyes to how much the kid had changed over the years. Despite the fact it only felt like a week.

"One more hug for your old man?", Stark asked with a hint of reluctance, largely for the finality that was seeping in. This was it. It was happening. Peter, now teary eyed, nodded so that they would embrace each other again. The hug was tight, and supporting. The two could hear each other's heartbeat slow down in relaxation. "See you soon. I know May is making you call, so I expect some too. Keep making those patrol reports for me.", the man instructed, making Peter nod with a faint smile of amusement. "Will do."

"And if you need anything at all, tell me. If you don't, I'll have Karen rewired to send me a notification the moment you so much as think about needing to buy toothpaste.", Stark threatened as they continued moving, waving a finger at his boy. "Believe me, I know.", Peter remarked while he nodded. The two had stepped outside, moving towards Stark's car. "And—"

"Dad.", his son interrupted, stepping in front of him with an amused smile. "Breathe in, breathe out. I'm strong. I'm stubborn. I'll be fine. Ok?", Peter reassured, smile growing when his father nodded with him. "Ok. Love you son.", Tony muttered, pulling him in to give a kiss on the forehead. "Love you too, Dad. Bye.", Peter responded in the same volume. "See you later. Young buck.", Tony finished, before working up the strength to drive off.

The next couple of hours were spent doing pretty much what he said he was going to do. Walk around, explore the place. Kind of get his head settled around the idea that such a huge phase in his life was actually taking place. He had taken his time walking around the university, doing an entire self tour before making his way back to his dormitory. The moment he entered the main lobby, however, a pair of feet grew louder as they raced across the area.

"Dude!", a familiar voice called, followed by Flash barreling down the hallway towards him. "Wha—you're here too?", Peter gaped in excited surprise, echoing Flash's own expression. "Yeah! Which floor?", his friend asked, prompting the two to compare information. "Aww, we aren't roommates?", Peter whined. Flash, clearly as disappointed, shook his head. "Nope. I've already met mine." "Yeah?" "Yup. Aiden's a cool dude, but his friend, Kaia, scares me." Peter furrowed his eyebrows. "On a rate of 1 to 10, how much?" "I think I found another MJ." Peter physically took a step back in exaggerated surprise.

"Wow, that's at least an eight." The two barked out a laugh at the comment, before starting to move down the hall. "What about you? You met yours yet?" "No. Probably about to though. I just dropped off my stuff this morning; should probably start putting it up." Thompson nodded in agreement. "Not a bad idea. Wanna meet up for dinner tonight?" "Yeah. We could drive around, see what's close." "Good idea. See you then!" The two waved each other off before Flash turned around and went the other way down the hall.

When Peter reentered his room, it wasn't empty anymore. Instead, there was a young man with blue eyes and cleanly cut dark brown hair. He had a strong jawline, and carried himself with all the dignity of a person with Level 20 charisma. The man himself was opening his own many boxes, setting stuff in general areas. Peter had to step in to break the person he'll be living with's attention. He smiled politely and gave a little half wave that Peter copied.

"Hey.", the student greeted, ever so politely. "Hey. Guess we're roommates.", Parker-Stark noted, then criticized himself for being blatantly obvious. "Yeah, guess so." "That's a lot of stuff.", his roommate noted as he watched Peter start opening the boxes. "Could say the same for you.", the lighter brunette remarked, looking over his shoulder to all the boxes the other man had brought in. "Honestly, yeah. Guess I overdid my school shopping. Again." Peter gave a little laugh at the 'again' part.

"So, why ESU?", Peter asked after the two had worked in silence for around ten minutes. "Distance. You?" The student shrugged. "Pretty much the same. I've got too strong ties to the city to just up and leave." The other nodded in understanding. "My family's gone through such a heavy separation anxiety this past year, I don't think I really got the chance."

"Hm. So, what major?", Peter continued, trying to keep the conversation going. If he was going to live with this man, might as well know something about him.

The dark-haired young adult shrugged nonchalantly. "Haven't decided. I figured I would knock out the basics before choosing anything final." "Ah. I'm Chemical Engineering.", Peter responded as he took out some supplies he had bought. "Nice."

Having a completely normal conversation with a completely new person felt so shocking, that Peter kind of froze while trying to think of something else to say. "You ok?", asked the other. Peter blinked a couple of times, before turning back towards him and stopping what he was doing. "Yeah, it's just, and I know how much of an *sshole this is going to make me sound like, but I'm just not used to people that aren't in my immediate circle treating me like a person anymore.", he slowly admitted, before regretting such a decision. "Yikes. That sounded better in my head. Actually, no it didn't. Sorry, I know, I sound conceited and it's been a rough couple of weeks and—"

"Don't worry man. The only thing I can feel for you is sympathy.", the young man interrupted his train of thought, spreading the stuff from his own boxes onto his bed before looking up. "I'm Harry. Harry Osborn. Sorry, I just realized we haven't gone through a formal introduction.", Harry introduced, holding his hand out. "Peter. Peter Parker-Stark.", he responded, taking the hand and shaking it. "Stark? Wow, what are the odds?", Harry asked, though it sounded more like he was thinking out loud since it was at nothing in particular. "The heirs of rivaling companies, rooming together for college." "An interesting take on Romeo and Juliet, but I'm not judging.", Peter remarked, making the man truly laugh for the first time.

"Any extracurriculars?", Peter asked, trying to keep a conversation going while they unpacked their things. Harry moved his head from side to side, "Mm, looked at a couple of things. You?" "Only one, but it takes up a lot of my schedule, so don't be surprised if I'm not here very much." "Yeah, life of a superhero seems like a busy one.", his roommate remarked, making Peter pause. Wait. Osborn. Crap. "...Isn't your dad—" "Yeah.", Harry interrupted quietly. Peter turned to see him looking at the ground. "I'm...sorry.", Peter apologized, getting flashbacks from the Vulture incident. Harry, as always, nonchalantly shrugged. "Don't be. In terms of benefits versus cost, it was the best for everyone. At least you didn't outright kill him before giving a chance for rehabilitating."

The two continued in a now awkward silence before Harry made the move of conversation this time, "So, what exactly are all of your powers?", Harry asked, eyeing him in curiosity. "I mean, they can't all come from your suit." Parker-Stark nodded before using his fingers to count while he listed, "Well, super strength, super agility, a danger premonition thing that my Aunt calls 'Peter Tingle' which is not coinable at all, enhanced senses, healing, and I'm sticky."

"...Sticky.", Harry deadpanned with a blank expression. Peter just shrugged in response. "Yeah, I can't really find a better way to describe it off the top of my head." Harry slowly nodded, before jumping deep into thought. "Mm. Even to non-stick pans?"

At the question, Peter gave a hard laugh while nodding his head. "Yes, actually. When I was in junior year, I tested it and thought about suing for false advertising, but was afraid of outing myself in the process. Although that shouldn't be a problem now..." Osborn's chuckle broke that train of thought, only to replace it with, "Imagine that being used as a marketing campaign. 'So non-stick, not even Spider-Man can hold it.'" "Wouldn't even be mad.", the superhero admitted, amused at the idea. After working in another moment of silence, Peter glanced at the clock and decided to speak up again. "Hey, my friend and I are gonna go out for dinner tonight. Wanna come?" Harry paused, as if considering the idea, before shaking his head. "Nah, I got plans. See you tonight, then." "Yeah, later.", Peter bode as farewell before grabbing his stuff and meeting up with Flash.

One of the best things about college is that virtually every restaurant in the area knows it's a good place to make business. He and Flash ate at around five different places, all with different types of food before heading back to Peter's room to hang out. And by hanging out, the author means Flash sat on his bed and talked while Peter was using his stickiness to get his posters and pictures put up. It was a solid thirty minutes after the sun had set before Flash had begun to uncontrollably yawn.

"I think I'm just gonna knock out tonight.", Flash remarked, yawning before turning around to leave the room. "I'll see you tomorrow." "Night, mate.", Peter called out, stepping back to see if his last poster was level. Peter exhaled a small sigh, before looking down and bursting into full on laughter at his roommate's twisted face of shock and confusion. "What? I said I was sticky! Did you think I was joking?"

*3...

2...

1...

The screen fades to black...

And the credits roll.

Holy mother of god. I did not expect this book to get as damn popular as it did. Nor as long as I thought it would. I want to take a moment to thank every single one who read, voted, and commented. Every time I got a notification about this story, I got a little elated inside.

I seriously hope you enjoyed what you read. And if you'd be interested (just a suggestion tho) feel free to check out more of my sh*t. I've got a one-shot, an RP, and several different fandoms to choose from.

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna be spending most of my time updating some older fics, maybe finish a couple more before I start some new ideas. Maybe you can spend the time to learn about Persona 5 before I release my Spider-Man (it says Marvel in the title, but it's mostly Spider-Man) crossover with it. I know it sounds stupid, but I have plans to make it work.

(EDIT EDIT EDIT!! ^^ THIS book is out now! It's called 'Signed, The Phantom Thieves of America' and while it doesn't have much now, I'm taking advantage of my Thanksgiving break and quickly updating as much as I can. I still highly encourage those of you who know about these two franchises to check this out, in addition to all of the other books. OK, edited ad over.) 

Thank y'all again for reading, and for everything in general!! I hope you enjoyed.

Also, here's a reference to where the names Aiden and Kaia came from:

*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.1K 2.9K 10
...aka that time Ross took Tony's Spidy-son, and Tony was 39237234% not okay with it. *Kudos to the artist Sami Pray for the cover-work
91.4K 2.6K 6
A argument with May and Peter finds him self in Tony's home. No were else to go he tries to be as calm and level headed as he can but with the whole...
813K 17.5K 78
Contains: -Irondad and Spiderson -Fluff -Negligible angst -Field trips -Identity reveals -Internships and most importantly -FUNNY DISCLAIMERS I FINAL...
1.2K 42 20
Tranated into english! Just like a title says :P