Togetherness

Autorstwa writerscrafts

EDITING [I marched up to him, "Where the hell were you? I thought something happened to you. Did you not care... Więcej

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Epilogue
End note
Announcement

Twenty Six

45.7K 1K 1.1K
Autorstwa writerscrafts

A few days had passed since Bane and I's little spat. A few classes had passed by accordingly— and following those classes were a few little dates with Damien.

He had been persistent; asking me out to coffee, breakfast, and dinner. Yesterday, he'd taken me out for a picnic at a ranch of a friend of his.

The whole crew had met him day before yesterday— over lunch, after Professor Percy's class. Grey had brought Loki with him, and Maggie, Jas and Leen had met us at the Pizza Hut, opposite the main campus.

Adonis had warmed up to the idea of him, and Damien charmed the girls— that includes Grey—easily. The only ones who took a dislike to Damien were Bane, Loki— following in his dads footsteps— and Jas.

Loki and Bane were typically overprotective— and strangers to strangers— so I didn't pay heed to their blatant dislike of him.

Jasmines dislike for him, however, surprised me. She was kind and open minded— never judging a book by its cover. Maggie told me to ignore her, claiming Jas has too many absent auras to analyze in her free time.  

I'm relieved though. My friends were my family here, I'd barely gotten time to speak with papa or mama since I'd gotten to Toronto.

I made a mental note to call them both as I made my way out of my room.

Lost to my thoughts, I didn't notice the presence behind me until two large arms grabbed me from the knees, flipping me over their back.

I hit my head against the toned back which I was hanging against, taking in the scent of my capturer and recognizing it as Bane.

"Bane! Animal, let me down."

He only laughed, "I'm giving you a free ride to the kitchen sweetness."

I went limp, draped over his shoulder, letting him carry my whole 120 pounds.

Because of his long legged strides, we reached the kitchen in no time, where he dropped me onto the counter— although carefully so I didn't crack open my thinking machine.

I lay stomach first atop the counter, grumbling at him.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, so I reached for it, swiping it open to check the message.

Hey doll, I'm coming by yr place to pick u up for class. Got a new ride (; C u in a few.

Damien.

I smile lit up my face, as I texted back a quick reply.

"What're you smiling at Lure?" Questioned Ado's voice from behind me.

I put my phone away, "Nothing!" I sang.

Bane narrowed his eyes at me, "Right...Well get up, we've got to get going, class is in 15– Lure I have a breakfast sandwich with me for you to eat on the way."

"Uh actually, I'm— well Damien is picking me up."

Ado's brows rose, "Oh, he got himself a car?"

I nodded, and turned my attention back to my phone as it pinged.

I lifted a hand in farewell gesture, "He's outside."

Bane grunted, "Catch." He muttered, tossing the breakfast sandwich he'd made me into the air.

I reached to catch it, glaring at him while he returned the look.

Adonis awkwardly cleared his throat, "Yeah, see ya Lura."

Having my mood considerably dampened, I walked out, grabbing my set of keys from the countertop on the way out.

I made my way down, through the main lobby, and out to the drive by in front of the building.

A red sports car honked twice, and I instinctively walked towards it. Peering into the rolled down window, I saw Damien at the drivers seat.

He turned towards me, grinning, while leaning over to push open the door for me— while inside the car?

I didn't question it, laughing lightly, and got in.

"Hey you, sweet ride."

He chuckled, "Hey you, sweet face." Leaning over and planting a swift kiss on my cheek.

I felt my face warming, clamping my hands over my cheeks.

Damien just laughed in response, pressing on the gas.

By the time we reached the campus parking, I was unstable. Damien drove like a biker on crack. Of course, my protests against his driving fell on deaf ears— and to taunt me he only sped up.

As soon as he parked, I hurriedly got out of the car.

"Where did you get your license, a fucking gum-ball machine?" I questioned incredulously. 

Damien smirked, "Hey, I was going slow for you."

I shook my head, smiling lightly and pointed at him, "You— you are half insane— let's get to the hall."

He grinned, "I like my credit where it's due." He grabbed my hand, "Class is in 5, so hurry your little legs."

I grumbled insults at him playfully as we made our way to our room.

Upon entering the classroom, my eyes wandered to where we usually sat— noting that Bane and Adonis were present already.

—Damien took a different route to the campus, one that was longer than the one Bane, Ado and I take usually. Whatever the reason, God knows. But because of it, Bane and Ado got here first.

Knowing I'd paused, Damien tugged me behind him by my hand, having me follow him to our seats.

As we sat down, I avoided looking at Bane, focussing on grabbing my laptop from my bag.

Untangling my hand from Damien's, I reached down to take it out and place it on my attached desk.

As I faced the front, Professor Percy walked in.

"Good morning first years— fortunately— or maybe unfortunately— I've missed my breakfast, so it has been decided that the lecture time will be reduced, and you are free to research— or ditch— until 20 minutes before end time!" He exclaimed.

I sighed, closing my laptop and placing it back in my bag, zipping it and standing up.

I looked towards Damien, "Well? Are you waiting for the Queen's invitation? Let's go— our case has a showing in court."

He looked surprised, "Oh right, the Superior Court? I was supposed to tell you about that yesterday, but ah— I got distracted." He admitted, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

I smiled, rolling my eyes, "Yeah yeah."

I turned towards Bane and Adonis, "We're heading to the court for our case— text me if you need me."

Bane just grunted in reply.

Adonis gave me a thumbs up, grinning, "Have fun playing bad guy and victim— we're going to crash at Sam's."

Ignoring Bane, I nodded, and motioned for Damien to start heading out.

We made our way back to the parking lot, getting in Damien's car once again.

My phone buzzing alerted me. I nudged Damien to get his attention.

"We have ten minutes to head back to the hall." I whispered.

He nodded, carefully sliding out the gallery and following behind me. 

As we got into Damien's car, I was overcome with extreme déjà vu. I feel like I spent the majority of my day so far in Damien's car.

As we neared the hall in which our lecture was, Damien got a call. He parked to the side to answer the call, muttering angrily into the phone.

I turned the other way, facing the window, not wanting to intrude on what was a seemingly tense conversation.

Damien cleared his throat, "Ah, Alura? Something just came up so I'm just going to drop you off and be on my way, that okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah no problem, you're alright?"

He smiled, "Yeah great— don't worry."

Two minutes later we arrived at the parking lot of the hall. I faced Damien, saying a thank you and good bye.

As I moved to get out of the car, his cold hand clamped around my wrist.

"I want to take you somewhere special— special to me— on Friday."

I smiled crookedly, "Do I get to know of this somewhere special?"

"Uh— yeah— it's my grandmas restaurant, she passed a year ago, left it to me— I think you'll like it."

I cooed inwardly, face warming at the idea of a restaurant date with Damien, "That sounds great, I'd love to."

"Is there a dress code I should abide by?" I questioned.

He paused to think, before smirking, "Go all out, I'll say. I have something special planned— Oh! But I have one rule: no phone— a distraction in my opinion."

I nodded, that was understandable.

Smiling while blushing, I answered, "Well I don't mind, I'm not the biggest fan of them anyway—"

Glancing down at my phone, I spoke up, "I have to get going now, I'll see you Friday, yeah?"

The British Columbian in me came out, a habit from my dad I'd tried my best to let go of when I came to Toronto.

He always added a 'yeah?' at the end of his sentences, for confirmation sakes— he argued.

Damien smirked, "See you at 6 doll."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

405K 10.5K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
1.9K 114 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...
3.9K 155 70
Normal... Yeah right... Who wants normal when you can have my live full of ups and downs oh and don't forget the side ways. xxx Meet Allison Hope...
9.9M 280K 54
"I don't know who you think you are coming here, and acting like you don't care about anything. Now listen here Princess, because I'm not going to re...