Married By Chance

由 AurumHeart

This book is a sequel and continuation. In order to understand it, you have to read 'Partners By Chance' firs... 更多

Married By Chance (BOOK 2)
Prologue: Till death do us apart.
Chapter 1: She's married.
Chapter 2: It's not about him.
Chapter 4: I love Liam.
Chapter 5: Why are you here?
Chapter 6: Christian Louboutin.
Chapter 7: Hey, hubby.
Chapter 8: It's time for me to party!
Chapter 9: Kit Kat.
Chapter 10: Take me there.
Chapter 11: Still in love with him.
Chapter 12: Are you happy?
Chapter 13: Dinner.
Chapter 14: Louis Vuitton.
Chapter 15: We need to talk.
Chapter 16: HOPE.
Chapter 17: I was crazy.
Chapter 18: Miss Beauty and Brains.
Chapter 19: Nobody is Perfect.
Chapter 20: Seoul Fashion Week.
Chapter 21: Like a Rose?
Chapter 22: Mr Black, Mrs Black.
Chapter 23: Ciao.
Chapter 24: Mum.
Chapter 25: Black Industries.
Chapter 26: Donatella Versace.
Chapter 27: Nice to meet you.
Chapter 28: The Hotlist.
Chapter 29: You forgot about him.
Chapter 30: Edward and Elle Smith.
Chapter 31: I wasn't your boyfriend.
Chapter 32: Sushi.
Chapter 33: Gordon Ramsay.
Chapter 34: Back in London.
Chapter 35: Anna Wintour.
Chapter 36: Oscar de la Renta.
Chapter 37: They used to date.
Chapter 38: I like dresses.
Chapter 39: Signed with Gucci.
Chapter 40: Cause you're gorgeous.
Chapter 41: April 16th
Chapter 42: Vogue.
Chapter 43: This is happening.
THANK YOU!
Chapter 44: Make me cry.
Chapter 45: Need a ride?
Chapter 46: Home.
Chapter 47: His brother.
Chapter 48: Driving me crazy
Chapter 49: Please?
Chapter 50: Adam Black.
Chapter 51: Happiness.
Chapter 52: Sad night.
Chapter 53: July 18th
Chapter 54: Colton and Emily.
Chapter 55: You make my heart race.
Chapter 56: Getting kidnapped was fantastic.
Chapter 57: Bad Idea.
Chapter 58: The Summit
Chapter 59 : Cartier (Part 1)
Chapter 59: The effect you have on me (Part 2)
Chapter 60: Fellow Graduates
Chapter 61: Grow the fuck up.
Chapter 62: What are you afraid of?
Chapter 63: Speak Now (TV)
Chapter 64: My Darling
Chapter 65: Their daughter-in-law

Chapter 3: Two months late.

13.9K 658 115
由 AurumHeart

Amelia's outfit above.

Amelia Black

"Good morning, Mrs Black." The maid, Marina greets me as I stroll into the dining room. The dinning table is filled with delicious looking breakfast.

I sit at the corner of the table and grab a couple of things to put on my plate. Adam comes into the dining room dressed in a black business suit, looking so handsome and powerful.

Marina pulls out a chair for him at the table head seat and he sits with me on the side. "Where is my coffee?" He asks,

"I will bring it right away, Mr Black." She says and sprints to the kitchen.

Silence grows and it's really weird and uncomfortable. This is the first time we're having breakfast together since he's usually not in town and when he is, he never eats with me.

I don't know why he's here now.

"So how was your trip?" I decide to break the silence.

"It was good."

I nod my head. "Cool, I heard you will now be staying here more often."

Marina comes back and gently pours his coffee and leaves.

"Don't you want me here?" He looks at me.

I frown as my eyes meet his. "Why wouldn't I? It's your house."

He looks like he's about to say something but he doesn't. He silently takes a sip of his coffee as he reads some papers in his hand.

After finishing breakfast, I head to the garage.

Sometimes when you have a lot of options, you find it hard to make up your mind.

I can't decide which car I'm going to drive to Hardwood.

I look at Adam's side of the garage. Amazing!

There are twenty one cool cars parked. I'm honestly not surprised with the number of cars.

He's one of the richest people alive(at twenty four years only). He has billions of dollars inside his bank account and he makes more everyday.

I love all of them but my two personal favourites are the Corvette Stingray and the Alfa Romeo Giulia.

The Range Rover that Liam got me for my birthday was the car I had the accident with. It got so damaged and that gave me another sign on how things are really over between he and I.

I look at my black Rolls Royce, it's my favourite but I finally decide to go with the Ferrari.

Amelia's car

I received the best wedding gifts ever from my families, my friends, Adam's families, my parents business partners.

It was crazy and amazing at the same time.

****

"I think there's more to 'I want you to be happy'." Chloe says.

I roll my eyes. "That's just what he said, Chloe."

We're at Hardwood sitting outside. We are waiting for Nicole, Tyler and Jacob so that we can all go eat together.

I just told them about the conversation that Adam and I had yesterday.

"I think he likes you." Jasmine smiles dreamily.

I look at her. "You're kidding, right?"

She laughs. "Fine, he doesn't but he clearly cares about you. You should try being friends with him."

Emily nods in agreement. "If he liked her, he wouldn't have asked her to date other men."

Emily and I only have a few things in common. Nicole and I are more a like. People say that she's the odd one out of three of us but they don't really get it.

Emily Parker is my bitch! She always has my back and she's a very true and genuine friend.

She is mostly shy and a little reserved but she is always there for me. I always have her support in everything and the fact that she's not judgemental at all is a great thing.

"So what are you going to do about that?" Chloe asks, referring to what Emily said.

I run my fingers through my hair. "I don't know. I don't think there are guys who would want to date a married woman."

And I honestly don't think I'm ready to be in any relationship. I don't think I'll ever be.

"Trust me there are." Jasmine smirks.

My phone starts ringing and I see Juliet's name on the screen. "Hello."

"Amelia, hey. How are you doing?"

"I'm good. Everything okay?"

"Yes, Mr Black wants to know if you'll be free for a meeting this afternoon." She replies.

I raise an eyebrow. "A meeting with him?"

"Yes."

A meeting? I hate meetings. What does he wanna talk about?

"Is it like a business meeting?"

"I don't know but I will find out and text you the details."

"That will be nice, thank you." I smile and end the call.

****

"Hi, Ned." I smile.

"Mrs Black." He nods, smiling back.

Ned is Adam's PA and right hand man. We're having the meeting in one of the sitting rooms in the house. I still don't what it's about.

"Have you had lunch?" Adam asks.

I shake my head. "No, I'm not hungry."

"You barely ate your breakfast."

"I had a smoothie at school." I tell him and take a seat opposite the couch he's sitting on.

He nods and starts speaking. "Like I said yesterday, this marriage does not have to change your life. You can do whatever you want but for the sake of the public, there are a few things you would have to do."

"Sure, like what?"

"You will accompany Mr Black to events he gets invited to and you will also go with him to some of his business trips." Ned answers.

I raise my eyebrow at him then he quickly clears his throat and continues.

"Mr Black is also going to be attending most of your runway shows and if there is an event you have to go to, he will go with you as well."

"That's it?"

"Yes."

I shrug. "Fine, okay."

"I heard you fired your previous bodyguards but for your safety, you have to have at least one, I'm sure you've met Cooper." As he says that, Cooper comes in.

My jaw literally drops.

He looks very professional. He's wearing a black suit and pants then a white shirt inside. His tattoos are showing around his neck.

I look at his face. Stiff and serious.

"He is going to be my bodyguard?" I ask Adam.

I think he's crazy. He has definitely gone crazy. Can Cooper and bodyguard even go on the same sentence?

Ned nods at my question.

"Are you kidding me? He kidnapped me!" I snap at Adam.

"He was working for me that time. I made sure he wouldn't hurt you or your friends."

"You knew he was going to kidnap me?" I whisper in disbelief.

"Yes, so did the council. Do you think you would get kidnapped from your house without any of the guards noticing?"

So my parents knew that I was going to get kidnapped.... I shouldn't be surprised. Hiding things from me is their forte.

"I still don't trust him." I tell Adam.

I remember the cold room I was dumped when I got kidnapped. I remember seeing Cooper with tattoos all around his body. He was the person that dragged me outside when the others arrived.

After we got saved, I also found out that he is the one that took me from my house.

"I wouldn't ask him to guard you if he isn't trustworthy, Smith." Adam says and from the look on his face, I know he means what he said.

I frown. "B-but-"

"Amelia, we know you don't like being followed around so Cooper was chosen because he has worked undercover a lot of times. He will be guarding you from a distance, you wouldn't know he's there." Juliet explains.

That is the perfect bodyguard I need but this is Cooper! He's a criminal or was but still!

I look around and see the looks that everyone is giving me. Am I being too stubborn?

"We will find someone else." Adam states in a husky tone, looking at me.

"Sir, but Mr Smith said-" Ned starts but Adam cuts him off. "Do you answer to Edward or I?"

"You, sir." Ned replies.

"Then find someone else."

"No!" I look at him. "I'll take him."

He studies my face. "Are you sure?"

I gently nod.

"Thank you, ma'am." Cooper grins and leaves.

I have to say, it's kind of weird to see the scary muscular tattooed guy grinning.

"Why does he look happy?" I ask Ned.

"Higher salary." He smiles.

I smile back. "So what's next?"

"Here." Adam hands me a sleek black card.

I collect it and see Amelia Black written on it.
"What is this for?"

"It's yours." He replies. God! His voice is so deep and sexy.

"But I already have one and there's money inside. I have a job and my dad puts money for me." I bite my lip.

It's a nice gesture but I already have more than I need.

"You are not under your father anymore." As he says that, I realise something. My dad has not put money in my bank since the wedding.

He and I definitely need to talk.

But I've always wanted to be independent and like Adam said, I'm not a girl that lives with her parents anymore. I'm an independent married woman. I do whatever I want now.

The question is: can I survive without my dad's monthly allowance?

I'm one of the most paid models but I really don't consider that as my career. It's something that I do when I feel like.

You should get a job

Yeah, I think I probably should. A real job.

"This is from me. I want you to take it." Adam says and I stare at his face.

His very handsome face. "Why?"

His jaw clenches tightly and I know he is probably annoyed with me questioning him.

"Because it is my duty to take care of you."  He answers in an irritated tone.

I cross my arms over my chest. "You're two months late." I state.

He swallows and I see his Adam's apple bobbling out.

Adam's apple. The irony. Haha!

"I know and I apologise for that." He finally speaks in a low voice.

"Fine, thank you." I take back the card. I can't believe he is giving me a black card. "This has no credit limit, right?"

His eyes meet mine. "Yes, you can buy whatever you want."

Fuck! I'm really married to a billionaire. My dad is one and money has never been a problem but this feels different.

This is not being independent.

I remember Adam saying that whatever that is his is mine in the first few days of our marriage but I didn't really think that he was serious.

Giving me a card without limit? That is taking things to a whole new level.

Is this how my mum feels? Like a total boss?

"Cool." I smile then he asks, "The kitchen staff said you rarely eat,  you don't like the food?"

"I do, the chef is amazing." I tell him honestly.

"Okay, do you have any problems with the house?"

I'm actually liking this conversation. I like that he cares or at least pretends too...

"Yes, why isn't there a gym? I like to keep my body in shape."

"We'll have one set up soon. There is one nearby, you can ask Tom to take you." He says and I watch Ned write on his notepad.

"Okay."

"Anything else?"

I hold my chin. Hmmm....

I basically have anything I need, well except..

A grin grows on my face. "Can I drive your cars?" I ask him hopefully.

"Yes." He nods making my eyes to widen in surprise.

"Really?" I smile.

"The keys are in my room, I will show you where I keep them."

"Thank you!" I shift in my seat excitedly .

This is really strange.He literally hasn't given a shit about me two months ago. Why now?

"I know I asked you this yesterday but seriously, why are you being nice? Why now?"

His nostrils flare. "Because this marriage starts now. I am back home. I don't know how long it will take before I get the divorce ready so if we are going to be living together, I would like you to feel comfortable. This whole shit started because of my uncle." He stands up and leaves.

Ohhh! I get it now. He feels guilty because Daniel Black is his uncle and he's the reason for this sh- wait.

Did he just call our marriage 'shit'? 

Well, it kind of is.

"Thank you for your time, Mrs Black." Ned nods and follows him behind.

"Well, that went well." I look at Juliet and chuckle.

She also laughs softly. "I think he feels bad."

"Yeah, he does." I agree.

My phone beeps and I see a message from Adam. "It's the card's PIN number." I tell Juliet.

She grins. "I know he's rich but a card without limit! That's crazy rich!" She exclaims.

"Yeah." I agree.

The thing is I've never even been that type of person that spends money ravishingly.

I mean, it's great to have a card like this but the truth is even if the money on this card can buy the world it can't buy what I want the most.

Liam.

Or being back to the happy girl I once was.

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair.

Money can not buy happiness. It never has and it never will. If Adam thinks that giving me the card will make me happy then he's very wrong.

****

Hey guys! I'm back.

What's with Adam being being nice?🤔

So weird.....

Your votes and comments are what keep me motivated.

All the love.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

698K 29.5K 36
Isabella was not interested in falling in love. Marco was not looking for a relationship. The perfect combination for a foolproof agreement. Right? ...
815K 14.5K 49
THIS BOOK IS 18+/ NOW ON KINDLE VELLA WITH SOME ADJUSTMENTS! "Alright, I'll tell you the rules twice, and I'll need you to memorize them, write them...
194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...